Pros:1. fantastic build quality
    2. Brilliant battery life
    3. Fantastic sat nav
    4. Best sound quality for a smart phone
    5. Love the hdmi port

Cons: 1. Poor camera ( was at a concert last night my z30 produced the worst pictures compared to that of my friends with android)

2. The z30 needs the android runtime due to a lack of apps. However still disappointed that some of the android apps don't work especially sonos, (which is free) , Xbmc and sky sports mobile tv .also a lot of apps requires Google services especially in app purchases.

3. Siri like functions needed

Blackberry is losing money at an alarming rate(fact) . For those hard core BlackBerry fans that are in DENIAL and think BlackBerry does not need android apps think again) .

Even the enterprise world are shifting towards ios and and Android.

So for me to stay with blackberry I need to see an improvement

1. for the camera
    2. to the android run time with google play services.
    3. More battery juice.
    4. Better processing power and memory than competitors.
    5. Wireless display content from my phone onto tv.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 09:40 AM
    I've never used the Z30 camera but I would expect it to be the same as or a bit better than the Z10. In which the Z10 is on par with any high end android camera in terms of quality alone. I blame your situation more on the photographer and not the camera.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 09:43 AM
    I blame your situation more on the photographer and not the camera.

Posted via CB10
    Reply was not needed.. the camera is rubbish compared to my Sony z1 and my friends other high end android plain and simple

Also as a BlackBerry user you should accept criticism. By the end of the day I bought the device and for me to stick with.BlackBerry I want these improvement.

BlackBerry is not losing money it's bleeding money lol. So if u think that BlackBerry does not need users like me that r prepared to try there products then soon the only place you'll find BlackBerry in the near future is in a museum

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by elite1; 03-31-14 at 04:17 PM.
    ioansuhov and edberry12 like this.
    03-30-14 09:47 AM
    I agree with you on points 1 and 2, and somewhat on point 4. The battery life is already best-in-class and both wireless display over Wi-Fi Direct and Miracast is supported which is also as good as you get for wireless display.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 10:05 AM
    All of the points that you make are fine, but some of your points have no real merit. The apps complaint, I guess I'll give you but keep in mind that even some android apps don't perform well on android devices. The camera while it's not a Lumia shooter isn't the worst camera that I've ever used, people always kill me with this one (cmon people it's a phone camera!!) As for your complaint for the lack of horsepower, trust me that's all in your head. BB10 is so fluid and smooth, that those high horsepower processors really aren't needed to get things done! The only reason that you see that kind of thing in the android world is because the OS really needs those kinds of processors to keep things stable. Unfortunately too often we are fooled into thinking that the specs of the phone is what's really important, when it is really only a small piece of the OS puzzle. Android created the spec war in order to hide the shortcomings of its own OS. Finally, say what you want, but the Z30's battery life is BOSS!! You have a really cool phone in the Z30!!

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 10:08 AM
    It's a phone camera? Um cameras in Nokia, Samsung and Sony are also phone cameras but they take top class pictures. My old Sony Xperia (low end) could take better picture than my z10.

Posted via CB10
    pagozahd and robitaille93 like this.
    03-30-14 10:29 AM
    It's a phone camera? Um cameras in Nokia, Samsung and Sony are also phone cameras but they take top class pictures. My old Sony Xperia (low end) could take better picture than my z10.

Posted via CB10
    Let me correct that for you...

cameras in Nokia, Samsung and Sony are also phone cameras but they take top class phone camera pictures

The pictures are far from "top class" in general.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 10:47 AM
    I get a kick out of people comparing specs. I find the Z30 out performs most other "high spec" phones. It is all in how it's used.

It's like dropping a 600 HP engine in a smart car, just because it has more power doesn't mean it will be better. It's the whole system working together that is what is important.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 10:48 AM
    I think you just got the wrong phone for your needs.

I agree that the camera isn't the best. For a lot of people this is fine. If camera is a big deal for you, you should have got one that spends more on this function.

Do you have lag on your phone? I never do so see no need to have the best processor. A company must pay a premium for the highest specs and honestly it's just for bragging rights as it won't do much more than the level below it. This is a well known fact with computers for a long time.

Better battery? No offense but it is already best in class. Dont whine about things that are already present.

More apps? I guess I agree with this. Again if this was a big deal for you, buy an android silly boy.

In all honesty it just sounds like your upset because you want what your buddies have. I say sell the BlackBerry and get yourself an android. I think you will be much happier.

Posted via my Z30
    03-30-14 10:58 AM
    We don't need the horsepower for BlackBerry apps
    But as some of us are forced to use Android apps we need horsepower to run the Android runtime properly. I have to agree with OP in this regard.

So: either more native BlackBerry apps or better specs for the successor.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 11:02 AM
    Yes the camera sucks

Posted via CB10 with my crazy beautiful Q10
    pagozahd likes this.
    03-30-14 11:09 AM
    I've never used the Z30 camera but I would expect it to be the same as or a bit better than the Z10. In which the Z10 is on par with any high end android camera in terms of quality alone. I blame your situation more on the photographer and not the camera.
    When I switched from my 9300 to Z30 I was especially interested in the camera. I took some testing pics and was ... "disappointed" is too much ... not surprized. My first thought was: "it's a BB, what do you expect?"

I don't know why, it's a woebegone story, BBs and camerase. Pics need a lot of light, without light (I mean beach sunshine or more) you will never get a nice shot. And even then the pics get somehow gray, there's a typical BB-grayness, I miss color, and I don't know the reason for this. The third issue is the wide angle of the "objective". If you have vertical lines in the picture (like houses, towers, power poles) these lines get distorted and aslant the more they are out of the middle. This effect is something all these microscopic one-lense-objectives have, but BB is no exception. Landscape pictures are sometimes ridiculous, as if you used a fisheye objective.
    pagozahd likes this.
    03-30-14 11:11 AM
    Pros:1. fantastic build quality
    2. Brilliant battery life
    3. Fantastic sat nav
    4. Best sound quality for a smart phone
    5. Love the hdmi port

Cons: 1. Poor camera ( was at a concert last night my z30 produced the worst pictures compared to that of my friends with android)

2. The z30 needs the android runtime due to a lack of apps. However still disappointed that some of the android apps don't work especially sonos, (which is free) , Xbmc and sky sports mobile tv .also a lot of apps requires Google services especially in app purchases.

3. Siri like functions needed

Blackberry is losing money at an alarming rate(fact) . For those hard core BlackBerry fans that are in DENIAL and think BlackBerry does not need android apps think again) .

Even the enterprise world are shifting towards ios and and Android.

So for me to stay with blackberry I need to see an improvement

1. for the camera
    2. to the android run time with google play services.
    3. More battery juice.
    4. Better processing power and memory than competitors.
    5. Wireless display content from my phone onto tv.

Posted via CB10
    #3,4,5 is already true in most cases.
    03-30-14 11:11 AM
    A lumia 925 also takes a much better picture than the z1s; even at full resolution (manual). I had one. And the reason I am picking up a z30 tomorrow is noise cancellation actually works on video on the Z30. On the Z1s, it doesn't even work on video. I know I record my band jamming quite often. It was a huge disappointment. A phone touted for an exceptional camera, and the camera pretty much sucks. You can't even manually adjust a ton of things. So yeah, I was a bit upset. So, I choose you Z30!. lol
    wincyUt and kthhrrsn like this.
    03-30-14 11:41 AM
    I honestly think you are just disapointed that your friends have more access to apps most of which they will never use.
    JMDBERRY and yessuz like this.
    03-30-14 12:23 PM
    I'm an outside salesman and place heavy demands on my smartphone.

Weigh what's required from your device and choose the best fit.

For me it's the Z30 and I haven't regretted my decision.

Having said that, when the iPhone 6 comes out I'll be taking a serious look at Office 365.

The best tool for the job I say.

Posted via CB10
    kthhrrsn, Jrox74 and LonelyTylenoL like this.
    03-30-14 12:30 PM
    The camera isn't that bad, there are worse.
    I've been at the signal iduna park last Tuesday and stood in the top row. My buddy has a HTC 8X and we both took pictures. His photos look worse than mine. Here's an example of one of the pictures I took:
    Attachment 259572
    I know that it is far from perfect, but as said before it's a phone camera. The only complaint I have is that the quality subsides quickly when the light isn't that good. For a good picture with my Z30 it needs perfect lighting, which is a bit sad.

Regarding Google Play services I think we will never see them being implemented. That's pure speculation, but it's a feeling that we will never see it on BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 12:41 PM
    Don't agree or disagree on Camera, still vest overall IMO
    03-30-14 01:56 PM
    I read a few of you previous post and wonder why you have had so many different phones. Sony, Apple, Samsung... How long do you usually keep a phone? Just curious. I'm sure there are a lot of people here at Crackberry that would love to buy your Z30. Your posts lead me to believe you are a chronic phone changer and love to here yourself complain in social media.

Best of luck with your next phone...
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    03-30-14 02:04 PM
    I read a few of you previous post and wonder why you have had so many different phones. Sony, Apple, Samsung... How long do you usually keep a phone? Just curious. I'm sure there are a lot of people here at Crackberry that would love to buy your Z30. Your post

Best of luck with your next phone...
    I upgrade every 12 month and just like the majority of consumer in the UK I wants value for money and the best. Maybe some people here prefers mediocre service and products.

Maybe I'm wrong on saying that BlackBerry z30 needs to improves to retain customers as they are after making so much money and don't need new customers.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 02:25 PM
    "All of the points that you make are fine, but some of your points have no real merit"
    03-30-14 02:27 PM
    OP, do you really know how to use your phone? Do you know all the tricks and features?
    03-30-14 02:55 PM
    OP, do you really know how to use your phone? Do you know all the tricks and features?
    I been playing around with all the filters etc and also use photo shop so pretty sure I've played around with all the features on the phone

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 03:10 PM
    For a 8MP camera it's fine to use and there are other smartphones with 20MP or more to buy without BB10. It's a choice.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 03:35 PM
    It's cracks me up when I hear folks ***** and complain about ANY cell phone camera which have digital sensors the size of a pea.

I have been into photography for 45 years, shot as a pro in the 70's and 80's and if you want professional looking photos, buy a digital SLR. If your putting images on Facebook for your friends to look at or taking a quick reference photo of a house or car for a client to look at, then a phone camera is fine.

As far as comparing different Android and Apple phones to BlackBerry, well that's where I believe in buying what suits YOUR needs. I don't care what my friends or clients use, that's their choice and I never try and push my BlackBerry brand onto them.

If they ask me a question about my experience with BlackBerry OS10 and my z30, I will gladly answer their questions and leave the decision making up to them.

I think folks tent to get hung up more on specs rather then if the device suits their current needs? Just my two cents.

Send from my z30 on T Mobile USA (10.2.1.2160)
    03-30-14 04:18 PM
101 123 ...