Hey everyone...My wife's Z30 has been misbehaving as of late. Yesterday, she complained that she couldn't see her pictures on the phone. Went to check and the media card was wiped, couldn't even reformat it to start over. So, was going to switch her over to the Passport but I can't seem to get a backup done. Blend and Link are up to date and they open the Z30 but I can't get a backup done nor can I set any Sync relationships. All I really need at this point is the contacts info to get over to the Passport, I can struggle through with the rest. Any work around to pick just the contacts out??
    10-26-17 05:42 AM
    You may not want to do it, but the easiest way is to sync the contacts with an online account (Google, Yahoo, Microsoft/Outlook, Etc).
    Paullybob likes this.
    10-26-17 11:01 AM
    Ultimate Backup can save the Contacts if a format that could be used to restore them on another device.....

But yes, moving to a modern email system that allows you to sync contacts is really the best solution. Need to plan for worst case (phone is lost or dies), and that plan should not include a proprietor buggy software package that is EOL - LINK.
    Paullybob likes this.
    10-26-17 11:19 AM
    Looking at a DTEK50 instead but still need the contacts so I guess I'll just wait and go from there. Phone numbers are going to be a PITA to transfer....grrrrrr!!!!
    10-26-17 08:00 PM
    Looking at a DTEK50 instead but still need the contacts so I guess I'll just wait and go from there. Phone numbers are going to be a PITA to transfer....grrrrrr!!!!
    If you can get her phone to load the BlackBerry Transfer App... moving those contacts shouldn't be an issue.

Me I'd add an [email protected] account to her phone, select all the contacts in the Contacts App and then copy them to that outlook.com account. When you get her the new phone they'll be there, when she uses a tablet with that account they'll be there, when she uses a PC.... they'll be there. She looses her next phone.... she still has here contacts, unless she saves them locally only.
    1122334455667788 likes this.
    10-27-17 10:39 AM
    Okay, so she ended up diving right into the Android pool with a Huawei P10!! Nice looking phone running Nougat right now and hopefully Oreo when that comes around on the Rogers Network. Blackberry Content Transfer worked perfectly the first time so my fears were totally unfounded. Too bad Blackberry couldn't make a business case for hardware devices to continue...there will NEVER be an OS as smooth and intuitive as BB10....EVER!!
    10-29-17 11:20 AM
    what do folks use for calendar, tasks, notes backup? Really nervous about this.
    10-29-17 01:23 PM