Woooooooooo!!!!!!?

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 10:20 PM
    i cant count how many times i read in the forums that ATT wasnt gonna carry it.... people swear they know...
    manonthemoon and tlegend2012 like this.
    12-20-13 10:45 PM
    Procrastinators Rule!! Yeah I almost jumped at the the STA100-5 as well. Patience Danielson I heard Mr. Miyaggi say!!!
    12-20-13 10:57 PM
    Wow that's what I have been waiting to hear! I will definitely be getting one!

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 12:21 AM
    YAAY!!!! NOW we need to know when because I'm ready to come back to BlackBerry!
    I guess I could come back already, i'll just have to order a z10 replacement and then do the ETF on my Samsung S4, but I've heard 2.1 is massively better. However, I would lose my Galaxy Note 8.0 Tablet privileges that came with trading in my Torch for the S4 thus receiving the tablet for $100.00
    12-28-13 05:26 PM
    I have a feeling that this may NOT come to AT&T, rather Blackberry will sell units directly unlocked to clear inventory.
    But then again, who know's what they're really talking about on those golf courses.
    12-28-13 05:50 PM
    I have a feeling that this may NOT come to AT&T, rather Blackberry will sell units directly unlocked to clear inventory.
    This is entirely possible, but IMHO, not likely. Think about it: after the Z10 debacle, why would BB, if it's a sensible company, manufacture a highly specific model of the Z30 without a sale agreement in place with AT&T*? I'm thinking AT&T* either decided to pick it up very late, or BB's hands were tied by the exclusivity agreement with Verizon.

*I keep say AT&T, but this could very likely be coming to T-Mobile instead.
    gfondeur and 00stryder like this.
    12-28-13 05:56 PM
    Now with Chen in charge, let's see if he can score with the carrier
    This is a better phone than the Z so who knows. I'm optimistic about the z30 chances at ATT with Chen at the helm

Posted via CB10
    House seller likes this.
    12-28-13 07:34 PM
    This is entirely possible, but IMHO, not likely. Think about it: after the Z10 debacle, why would BB, if it's a sensible company, manufacture a highly specific model of the Z30 without a sale agreement in place with AT&T*? I'm thinking AT&T* either decided to pick it up very late, or BB's hands were tied by the exclusivity agreement with Verizon.

*I keep say AT&T, but this could very likely be coming to T-Mobile instead.
    As long as it comes to someone and we can pick it up unlocked I will be ok with either carrier.
    I already asked a BB rep to let me know how/when I could get my hands on an STA100-1, and I am hoping he has something positive to report back when he gets back from vacation.
    saxxman likes this.
    12-28-13 08:15 PM
    hell yeah!!
    STA100-1 on my way!!!
    01-26-14 10:09 PM
    hell yeah!!
    STA100-1 on my way!!!
    Maybe you'll hear something about it this week...

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 10:49 PM
    Ooooooooooh helllllllll yeahhhhhhhh!

This is the AT&T Z30, folks!

1 month later...

Looks like the ATT Z30 RFV120LW Clears the FCC-pokay.png

Is there a trend about FCC clearance vs general market availability of devices? Or is it completely random? There has to be some kind of time frame, or they allowed to sell it the day after it clears FCC?
    00stryder and raino like this.
    01-26-14 11:02 PM
    Z10 went up for sale a couple months after clearing FCC as I recall.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 12:38 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pOkay.png 
Views:	1218 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	242037
    You got me there

Is there a trend about FCC clearance vs general market availability of devices? Or is it completely random? There has to be some kind of time frame, or they allowed to sell it the day after it clears FCC?
    They're allowed to sell as soon as FCC clearance comes, I believe. I looked at the Q10, and here are the clearance, carrier release dates:

AT&T: 4/17, 6/21
    Verizon: 5/7, 6/10 (in-store)
    T-Mobile: 5/3, 5/13
    Sprint: 6/13, 8/30

Let's set aside Sprint for a minute (I think there were hardware procurement issues there,) and the range varies from 10 days to just about 2 months. But something important we need to take into consideration here is that there was no device exclusive on the Q10.
    01-27-14 01:20 PM

AT&T: 4/17, 6/21
    Verizon: 5/7, 6/10 (in-store)
    T-Mobile: 5/3, 5/13
    Sprint: 6/13, 8/30

Let's set aside Sprint for a minute (I think there were hardware procurement issues there,) and the range varies from 10 days to just about 2 months. But something important we need to take into consideration here is that there was no device exclusive on the Q10.
    Wow, T-Mo was super fast, amazing job on their side, AT&T took over 2 months, and VZ was pretty reasonable.
    Don't you think we would actually be hearing something from certain AT&T employees or some kind of leaks? I know we don't have a website dedicated to the AT&T leaks like tmonews, sadly, but I think we should have heard something.

Here is another info to stir up the crowds.
    Blackberry Z30 A10 Aristo Back Cover Housing Battery Door Black at T | eBay

This fella has been selling the AT&T branded Z30 battery covers since Dec 20th. 1 day after FCC clearance.
    Now, is this good news or bad news? Carriers don't usually sell battery covers like these.
    Is it possible AT&T scrapped the idea and just got rid of all AT&T branded battery covers and returned the devices to BB so they can sell them to another carrier like T-Mo?
    Or, is it in fact AT&T prepping Z30 release since Dec 20th and this fellow just got some of the surplus or mislabeled ones?
    01-27-14 01:41 PM

Let's set aside Sprint for a minute (I think there were hardware procurement issues there,) and the range varies from 10 days to just about 2 months...
    We are just over a month. I know it is only one device but let's hope that two months is the longest they would go. I don't even care if AT&T carries it. I just want an unlocked one soon.
    01-27-14 09:54 PM
    01-27-14 10:27 PM
    I hope the AT&T phone will be a wireless charging phone!!! Do you think they will have the white phone since Verizon didn't offer it like they promised?

Posted via Verizon Z30
    01-27-14 11:00 PM
    I hope the AT&T phone will be a wireless charging phone!!! Do you think they will have the white phone since Verizon didn't offer it like they promised?

Posted via Verizon Z30
    I actually don't expect anyone else to offer wireless charging, for some reason all devices that both AT&T and VZ has, VZ models had wireless charging and AT&T did not, for example LG G2. I also don't want another reason to spend more money.. I know if it has wireless charging support I will end up wasting money on $70 charger while $10 wall charger does the same thing.
    01-27-14 11:41 PM
    I actually don't expect anyone else to offer wireless charging, for some reason all devices that both AT&T and VZ has, VZ models had wireless charging and AT&T did not, for example LG G2. I also don't want another reason to spend more money.. I know if it has wireless charging support I will end up wasting money on $70 charger while $10 wall charger does the same thing.
    And faster.

http://www.petitions24.com/attz30 spread the word!!!
    01-28-14 12:33 AM
    AT&T if they have the Z30 won't have Qi wireless charging as they support a different technology.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 12:03 PM
    maybe this guy knows, straight from the fcc application.
    Person at the applicant's address to receive grant or for contact
    First Name: Masud
    Middle Name:
    Last Name: Attayi
    Title: Manager, Regulatory Compliance

Telephone Number: (519) 888-7465 Extension:

Fax Number: (519) 888-6906
    Email: [email protected]
    Mail Stop:
    01-30-14 11:36 PM
    Interestingly, the FCC site shows that they opted to hide the user manuals til June, makes me wonder if the thread that mentioned a June release was on to something

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 10:31 PM
    June is ridiculous. No point in releasing the phone at that point.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 10:43 PM
    Interestingly, the FCC site shows that they opted to hide the user manuals til June, makes me wonder if the thread that mentioned a June release was on to something

Posted via CB10
    June?
    And they will have the nerve to call it "New blackberry"?
    02-05-14 12:00 AM
71 123