Hi everyone,
    I'm travelling to South Korea + Japan in a few weeks and plan on temporarily switching my Z10 with my mom's Z30 for the USG OTG functionality.

The only (major) problem is that after purchasing a UST OTG cable, I cannot find a USB OTG SD card reader to read my camera's 64GB SD XC card.

I had planned on leaving my laptop at home since I'm going backpacking and blogging on the Z30 (since I wrote my entire blog of southeast Asia last year on my Z10) but if I can't get a USB OTG SD card reader to work with the Z30, I might as well not bother swapping phones...

I've tried the Kingston MobileLiteG3 but it doesn't work. Upon reading into it more, I learned that it requires a USB port with a USB 3.0 port.

I've seen adds for Android USB OTG SD card readers but will those work with the Z30?

Am I the only one who has run into this problem?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Alex
    06-07-14 05:32 PM
    If you have a USB OTG cable that works when you plug in thumb drives for example, I'm assuming any male USB to SD adapter would work, maybe get one USB 2.0

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    06-07-14 06:00 PM
    If you have a USB OTG cable that works when you plug in thumb drives for example, I'm assuming any male USB to SD adapter would work, maybe get one USB 2.0

Posted via CB10
    I use a normal SD card reader on my Z30 all the time and that works a charm. That's for a 32GB SD card, so don't know about a 64GB one. I also use one of those "6 in 1 card readers", so long as the SD Card is inserted before plugging it in its fine!

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    06-08-14 05:47 AM
    Same for me. And it can read the 64GB card as well. Just a generic cheap cable too.....Amazon.com: Cable Matters (2-Pack) Micro-USB 2.0 On-The-Go (OTG) Adapter: Electronics
    06-08-14 07:39 AM
    06-08-14 11:39 AM