In a separate thread someone wanted to know if there were a way to limit or warn about the amount of Data being consumed.

I thought I recalled someplace where one could set up some limitations or warnings or notifications but could not find it.

Some replied that it was Data Management. Well, lo and behold I could not and still can't find it on my Z30. I admit I'm using a Leak, well, on my verizon Z30, it's a leak but it is the official OS that's been released elsewhere.

The thread where it is discussed and with an image of what it provides see Post #4 in the following thread. Now I have asked around privately and others also do NOT have that option in Settings.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post11399602

Has it been removed from the OS? Is it a Verizon limitation (that was mentioned)? Other? For those with limited data, it provided a way to monitor or limit data use.

Oh, if I use the Assistant to search for it, it shows up but leads to the overall Settings app, and not the data management module. So, it's as if it is or should be there but is not found.

Ideas?
    02-25-15 05:15 PM
    It's there at the top
    Looking for Main Settings: DATA MANAGEMENT module-img_20150225_182231.png
    Looking for Main Settings: DATA MANAGEMENT module-img_20150225_182236.png

If you can't find it, maybe it was a bad install or maybe you played with leaks too much

But the Verizon disabling it sounds like a possible reason

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    02-25-15 05:23 PM
    It's there at the top

If you can't find it, maybe it was a bad install or maybe you played with leaks too much

But the Verizon disabling it sounds like a possible reason

Posted via CB10
    Yup, that's what the other guy said. I just, again, carefully, perused the various options in main Settings - it is NOT there.

And, yes, it could be a Leak problem.

Or Verizon does not want users to limit their data consumption and have disabled it.

That's why I'm asking in a more specific thread.

Who's got it and who does not???? I guess Carrier and OS info might be helpful, too.

Thanks for the reply.
    02-25-15 05:31 PM
    I will post this in case my earlier reply has been read.

Here's a screenshot. As you can see I searched for DATA

And Assistant shows "Data Management" and the icon that matches what you posted. But when I tap on it, I just wind up at the Main Settings screen - no module or Data Management sub-app.

Looking for Main Settings: DATA MANAGEMENT module-img_20150225_153326.jpg

Oh, if anyone thinks that they know which BAR file that might be or a link to a copy of it, I'd try to re-install or first-install it and see if it now shows up or works.
    02-25-15 05:40 PM
    Z30
    Verizon
    I have Data Management in Settings.
    I do not know if that is a separate BAR or part of the OS core, but I suspect the latter.
    But atleast on my end, it isn't hidden due to Verizon messing with it.

Looking for Main Settings: DATA MANAGEMENT module-x69afvu.png
    FF22 likes this.
    02-25-15 05:56 PM
    Just to add, I'm using my Fido sim on all my BlackBerry 10 devices and still I have the data management there. Running the official 10.3.1 on all devices

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    02-25-15 09:07 PM