I have had a problem with the location of the phone and camera button resulting in inadvertent phone calls and picture taking when it si not wanted. It seems like many times when I am picking up the phone or putting it away the phone or camera is being turned on. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what have solutions do you have?? Thanks!
    03-21-15 03:54 PM
    You and many others...the phone will eventually train you...it did me.
    Don't know what else to say other than I rarely trip those buttons accidentally any more. Took some time though.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 04:38 PM
    There's a quick fix for this issue. It all depends on BBRY coming up with a simple fix.

To use the phone and camera, have is so we would have to double click or perhaps triple click.
    That would solve the issue yes? I believe so.

Sexy White Z30
    03-21-15 04:48 PM
    There's a quick fix for this issue. It all depends on BBRY coming up with a simple fix.

To use the phone and camera, have is so we would have to double click or perhaps triple click.
    That would solve the issue yes? I believe so.

Sexy White Z30
    Can't disagree...but that doesn't help us at this very moment.
    Cheers

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 05:00 PM
    As I wrote in the other thread where you mentioned this, BB has fixed it and irritated others. There is now a DEDICATED shutter button that has to be hit rather than anywhere on the screen. Some folks hate it that way.
    Bigpoint likes this.
    03-21-15 07:08 PM
    Lock Screen on?

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 07:16 PM
    There is now a DEDICATED shutter button that has to be hit rather than anywhere on the screen. .
    I got my Z30 the day that OS 10.3 upgrade was released. I also downloaded the Z30 users manual. When I started to use the camera I could not get the "tap anywhere" to take a picture to work.The other thing that wasn't working the same as the manual said was "drag the focus frame" feature. You have to tap where you want it placed. I went back and reread the user manual as recently as just a few minutes ago. Then I decided to do what I should have done in the first place, check with the CB folks who seem to have answers. Now I know that there is a dedicated shutter button. Moral of the story is read the CB Forums.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-23-15 06:26 AM
    I have had a problem with the location of the phone and camera button resulting in inadvertent phone calls and picture taking when it si not wanted. It seems like many times when I am picking up the phone or putting it away the phone or camera is being turned on. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what have solutions do you have?? Thanks!
    Retrain yourself, stay away fro lower bezel

RPR1NGLE
    03-23-15 06:34 AM
    I got my Z30 the day that OS 10.3 upgrade was released. I also downloaded the Z30 users manual. When I started to use the camera I could not get the "tap anywhere" to take a picture to work.The other thing that wasn't working the same as the manual said was "drag the focus frame" feature. You have to tap where you want it placed. I went back and reread the user manual as recently as just a few minutes ago. Then I decided to do what I should have done in the first place, check with the CB folks who seem to have answers. Now I know that there is a dedicated shutter button. Moral of the story is read the CB Forums.
    I have to admit that I use the camera mainly for scenic landscape shots so rarely attempt to focus on a specific object or location. I will say that as a "tap anywhere" prior user I took more than a couple of accidental pictures but that I quickly adapted to the SHUTTER Button limitation. Finding the button in harsh light situations adds a bit of delay from the old "anywhere" system.
    03-23-15 08:49 AM
    Retrain yourself, stay away fro lower bezel

RPR1NGLE
    As I think about it, I think I have less trouble inadvertently opening the camera and phone on the larger Z30. If I recall it did happen more often on the smaller Z10.
    03-23-15 08:50 AM