My Z30 all of sudden will not complete a back up. I have tried deleting and reinstalling Link but it still gives me an error of "Backup has encountered an error, please check your connection and try again". Also I have done a hard reset of the phone. I don't understand, I can access anything else I want on the phone so I know it is connected. I just did a back up of my wife's Z30 without a problem. Anyone have any thoughts?
    11-04-14 12:49 PM
    First thing to try (again even) is to Restart your PC.
    That's always solved 90% of Link connection errors.

Next is to try updating the BB drivers on your PC. Go to BB desktop site and download Blend:
    http://BlackBerry.com/Blend

When the install wizard opens after the download, just check the box to download/install drivers. (If it indicates there's a Link update then check that box too.)

It will probably just work after that, otherwise you need to Restart your PC just one more time. That work?
    11-04-14 01:03 PM
    No, sadly, this didn't work. It still starts the backup saying computing data, then after about fifteen minutes, I get the error. I do appreciate you trying though.
    11-04-14 02:09 PM

Next is to try updating the BB drivers on your PC. Go to BB desktop site and download Blend:

When the install wizard opens after the download, just check the box to download/install drivers. (If it indicates there's a Link update then check that box too.)

It will probably just work after that, otherwise you need to Restart your PC just one more time. That work?
    Does Blend work with Z30?

Z30 144GB
    11-04-14 02:11 PM
    It doesn't appear to.
    11-04-14 02:22 PM
    What OS are you running? I never had an issue with link until I loaded up 10.3.1 and dud after that.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 04:10 PM
    I am on Verizon's latest OS. But I finally got it working by doing another hard reset. I don't know why that didn't work before. It was the first thing I tried!
    11-04-14 05:35 PM

I haven't got around to starting a thread on this, or maybe it exists, but the BlackBerry Link you get as a direct (individual) download is different than the BlackBerry Link you get when you download BlackBerry Blend. The version in the Blend download is newer.

When I was dealing with BlackBerry support, they had me download Blend, but not select it when doing the installation. I installed Link and the other entry, but not Blend.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 06:01 PM
    Does Blend work with Z30?

Z30 144GB
    No except the z30 is internal or white listed.
    The purpose for downloading Blend here it's to trigger BlackBerry Link update when installing Blend onto the pc.

Official Board Member of the Peevishlicious Crew
    11-04-14 06:05 PM