Hey guys I'm experiencing limited wifi on my z30 happens a lot for some reason when I'm at home on wifi. Is this a software issue? I'm currently on 10.2.1 2141

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 01:15 PM
    Haha just read the same thing in the z10 page. Here copied and pasted

Re: the "Limited Connectivity" issue:

A) This only started being reported in relatively recent 10.2.1.xxxx builds and up. (This suggests a recent technical change in how the OS validates network link status)

B) In prior discussions we concluded that the device apparently attempts to connect to some system at BlackBerry's headquarters network in Canada, and if it fails, reports "Limited Connectivity". The workaround that worked for many was to turn off cellular data service, which apparently did something to the link detection logic and allowed the WiFi link to be detected as valid. (It may be a simple matter of mistakenly adding the cellular network as the default route when in fact that link is not active. Basic networking bug.)

C) I tracked the problem down to apparently a routing issue at the handoff to BlackBerry's service provider in Canada (Tata Communications) and actually talked to their NOC about it, but I did not have credentials to open a trouble-ticket with them. (I would have needed to be on staff at one of their transit peers, etc.)

D) Someone at BlackBerry passed-on our complaint to some internal staff and the problem was resolved that day. (It re-appeared intermittently after that for various people.)

E) This new "link status detection system" seems to be prone to errors, and should probably be revamped. (Neither am I personally particularly thrilled about the idea of the device continuously "phoning home" whenever it is running.)

Here's the main thread on the "Limited Connectivity" error:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-error-909783/

Encrypted on my Z10
    BBGeordie likes this.
    05-14-14 01:35 PM