12-12-13 01:00 AM
54 123
tools
    Wow, many, many great responses. By far the best phone I have ever owned was the Z10 until I got my Z30. Personally the weight to the phone gives it a great premium feel I love the weight, it's justifiable by the size. The OS is so amazing that can only be explained through experience not by words in my opinion; but the OS through the Z30 is far greater than any other BB10 phone. The screen size is so appealing, and the AMOLED screen doesn't kill the colors that badly. I think colors are much more vibrant on the Z30 they seem to pop out more but in a cooler fashion.

Since, the battery life is so good on this phone I usually keep the brightness on 100% which keeps all the colors looking pristine. On my z10 the full brightness bothered my eyes.. not on my Z30.
    Tis all...

Posted via my NEW Zed30
    howards likes this.
    11-27-13 12:08 PM
    I switched from the Note II. I love my Z30. I get between 27 and 32 hours on the battery which is a big deal. Comparatively I got 6-14 hours on the Note II and 3-8 hours on the iPhone 5 with the same type and intensity of usage.

I am a phone-a-holic so I am switching it up all the time. I think I might have found the one in the Z30.

I love the weight, I like my phone to have some substance. The apps are just fine for my needs aside from one that I miss from the other OS (come on MFP, get your sh*t together). It is a gorgeous body. Love love love it.

Posted via CB10
    howards likes this.
    11-27-13 12:33 PM
    I switched from the Note II. I love my Z30. I get between 27 and 32 hours on the battery which is a big deal. Comparatively I got 6-14 hours on the Note II and 3-8 hours on the iPhone 5 with the same type and intensity of usage.

I am a phone-a-holic so I am switching it up all the time. I think I might have found the one in the Z30.

I love the weight, I like my phone to have some substance. The apps are just fine for my needs aside from one that I miss from the other OS (come on MFP, get your sh*t together). It is a gorgeous body. Love love love it.

Posted via CB10
    Suprised.that you didn't get the note 3.

sent from my galaxy note 3
    11-27-13 12:43 PM
    Suprised.that you didn't get the note 3.

sent from my galaxy note 3
    Way to provide an informative and insightful comment on your objective opinion about the Z30.

But in any case, I would say I'm 100% satisfied with the Z30 if it weren't for a few little things. I notice (and coming from a colour blind dude) that the colours ARE off. The point where I particularly notice this is when opening Snapchat, the yellow almost looks orange to me (unless it is orange in which I'm pretty ****ed then). Additionally, and this is just a software tweak, the brightness variability is quite poor and even some Android apps get better variability than the built in software. As well, some apps just aren't sized correctly for the Z30 screen, cutting off pixels and can't even be found in BB World.
    Other than that, this phone is exactly what I need: 30+hour battery life, big screen real estate with acceptable one handed use, relatively low bezel amount (comparing to Z10), smooth glass, great feel on battery cover, and most of all, I've experienced no lag.
    11-27-13 01:01 PM
    Got my Z30 on Monday and immediately loaded up 10.2.1.1055. Still indexing, but battery life is up to between 12 and 14 hours. I'm loving this phone and I came from a Z10. Only (minor) complaint is with the camera quality...it's just not there. The 10 was/is wonderful so if this has the same hardware I'm wondering what's going on. anyone have any ideas?

Single finger flickin fun from the best Damn virtual keyboard in existence...the BlackBerry Z30 Everybody!
    11-27-13 01:14 PM
    It exceeds my expectations every day. 64GB SDXC support was my latest loot-find. And the app world/dev support is great. I really only need 22 or 23 good apps on my phone ffs. No native Netflix is no big deal as its installed on everything at home including my cat anyways and I wouldn't stream over my data plan to begin with.

Z30 FTW - Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 02:09 PM
    3 days ago I moved from my old 9800 to a Z30:

STA 100-5
    OS version 10.2.0.1803
    Software 10.2.0.429

bbm contacts, photos, music, address book, calendar all came over without any problems. I originally tried typing on a Z10 which was horrible compared to a keyboard. Waiting for the Z30 was a very good decision as typing on the Z30 is at least as good if not better than on a physical keyboard, but with much more screen real estate.

I'm only 3 days in, but this phone is easily the best phone Blackberry has ever made. This phone is so good, I can't imagine current Blackberry users on OS 7 not moving up to OS10 on a Z30. Regarding price, I bought this off contract from Telus for Cdn$600 and in my opinion after 3 days, it is worth every penny and you get what you pay for (also had to pay $US19 to unlock the phone so I could go on the Wind Mobile network). As for other brands of phones in comparison, I have no comment as I have only used Blackberry phones. If you are an old Blackberry user on OS7 or earlier, don't hesitate to migrate to the Z30.
    11-27-13 07:12 PM
    Here are my thought I posted a while back.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ce-z30-872488/

Having had the phone for over a month now and after having installed 1055 I can really say that this phone is the best phone I have owned. I came from an HTC One, and previous to that the Note 2, Galaxy Nexus, 9900 and Galaxy.

I work for Raven Software. My world consists of lots of messaging and email. I consume news, videos and music vigorously. I've been able to install all but one app, My Tracks. This is because of the Play Services and dependency on the v2 maps api. I can live without it.

I love how it feels. I love the UI and the way you move about within the device. I love this phone.

Posted via CB10
    howards likes this.
    11-27-13 08:06 PM
    Here are some shots of the apps I have.
    Let's talk about  Z30 objectively.-img_00000089.png
    Let's talk about  Z30 objectively.-img_00000088.png

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 08:08 PM
    I have owned the Z10 since day one here in Canada and absolutely loved it. Thought it was the perfect size, and the OS was absolutely incredible. Boy, was I ever wrong....ever since I picked up the Z30, I feel like the Z10 is a much lower quality device in comparison. And trust me, I loved my Z10. But with the Z30, it really feels like a professional device. Screen is awesome, battery is absolutely great, it feels solid in the hand and the size is perfect, even thought I thought the Z10 was the perfect size. I love the feel of the glass they used, with the slight curve around the edges. 10.2 is such a great OS. The OS doesn't require higher specs to run it, because it is already so efficient and great. I guess other devices need the higher specs to make sure they also have a great user experience. My only concern is what my experience is with the device, and my Z30 does not disapoint in any way. The audio is absolutely great. I rather play games and watch movies without headphones now, just because of the high quality speakers and sound. I can't think of 1 thing that I wish my Z30 had, but doesn't. Best device I've ever owned.
    howards and jfguay2 like this.
    11-28-13 03:24 PM
    Here are some shots of the apps I have.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000089.png 
Views:	1171 
Size:	348.9 KB 
ID:	224893
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000088.png 
Views:	1169 
Size:	339.9 KB 
ID:	224894

Posted via CB10
    Please tell me how you got Lync 2010 to work??? I tried loading it just today, and when I start it, I see the start page, but nothing ever happens. Love to hear how you got it to work?
    11-28-13 03:26 PM
    I have to be honest, when you look at the price of the Z30 compared to other phones, an average consumer might have a hard time justifying the price.

BUT if you take the time to use BlackBerry 10, I think that the operating system is the most efficient and effective mobile experience to date... bar none.

I'm sad that there are so many people who talk about BlackBerry as if they've tried the operating system, and then I'm appalled to find that most of these people haven't even tried the phone!

Posted via CB10
    howards likes this.
    11-28-13 03:35 PM
    Please tell me how you got Lync 2010 to work??? I tried loading it just today, and when I start it, I see the start page, but nothing ever happens. Love to hear how you got it to work?
    I side loaded the app by first downloading it from the play store via the apk downloader. Then I converted via the side loading tool. Then I side loaded via dpbb.

I've found that even though I'm running 1055 and we can install apks directly sometimes the app won't work. By going through the process described I was successful. If you want pm me and I can send you the bar file.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 06:44 PM
    I think it's heading in the right direction .

You don't really need 1080p or super fast octa core . Dual CPU is getting into fashion now which really speeds up things, might want to add that in. To me as a business phone , battery life is most important to stay connected whole day long. More sophisticated specs mean less battery life . It must be fast ! And last a whole day ,

And camera ! Not mega pixels but pixel size of the pixels like what htc and iPhone 5 a doing . Taking pictures in low light , also this will also facilitate scan of docs and business card . A huge help to OCR software

And keep a small form factor, small phones are better to carry around or even one hand operation . I had all the big phones and it's a pain
    11-28-13 07:09 PM
    I have had the phone 1 week now. I have used iPhones and the Samsung S4, and I am really enjoying this phone, much better than the Z10.

I only have two small complaints, the power button should not have been located on the top of the phone. I would have preferred the button placement on the side of the phone for easier one handed use. I also really think wireless charging should have been included on all models of the phone.

Battery life is really improving, I am at 50% after 12 hours of use but the first few days the phone didn't make it through the day during the indexing period.

I still can't find a case I like for this phone but really like it without a case.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 10:12 AM
    2nd day with my new z30, 100-5, factory unlocked, upgraded to .429

I had a z10 since april.

I don't know if I can live with the screen coming from the z10. I felt the z10 screen was phenomenal and this screen simply isn't as sharp and doesnt have the same pixel density. Also the colours are off .

I'll give it a few more days to determine if I can live with it. Otherwise, notable pluses are battery life and top-notch audio.
    12-07-13 10:45 PM
    12-08-13 02:27 AM
    From Z10 to Z30, big improvement in stability. I think the Z30 is a better match for BB10 os. Very smooth. Great battery. Not as clear as the Z10 but I find I can read a lot longer on the Z30 without getting tired eyes. a great phone. Since I have never used any other phone since the 5810, I can not make any comments on other phones as a comparative. volume switch tend to get in the way when I grab the phone from the holster or the carbonite case [ beta supplied ]. On a everyday basis, this phone is a beast. I need to be able to save BBM chats. [ software issue]. Also BB10 does not lend itself to load leaks as seamlessly as BBOS. for me its a cracker of a phone. I would recommend this phone without any hesitation to anyone absolutely confident it will hold its own with any other phone(s).
    12-08-13 04:13 AM
    2nd day with my new z30, 100-5, factory unlocked, upgraded to .429

I had a z10 since april.

I don't know if I can live with the screen coming from the z10. I felt the z10 screen was phenomenal and this screen simply isn't as sharp and doesnt have the same pixel density. Also the colours are off .

I'll give it a few more days to determine if I can live with it. Otherwise, notable pluses are battery life and top-notch audio.
    hey, how is z30 going after those day?
    i would like to hear ur feedback, thx!
    12-08-13 04:37 AM
    I have had the phone 1 week now. I have used iPhones and the Samsung S4, and I am really enjoying this phone, much better than the Z10.

I only have two small complaints, the power button should not have been located on the top of the phone. I would have preferred the button placement on the side of the phone for easier one handed use. I also really think wireless charging should have been included on all models of the phone.

Battery life is really improving, I am at 50% after 12 hours of use but the first few days the phone didn't make it through the day during the indexing period.

I still can't find a case I like for this phone but really like it without a case.

Posted via CB10
    i would suit my z30 with a flip case after i will get it on chirstmas as a gift lol
    12-08-13 04:39 AM
    oh great sharing. thank u!
    i believe the os will be upgraded better and better.
    12-08-13 04:41 AM
    No reasons to complain, love the phone.
    I just wish it would support wireless charging by default (I read that only Verizon models support it), and/or that it would offer charging contacts at its bottom end, like the Bold 9900 had it. THe USB charging connector on the left side is a bit fiddly to operate each day and I'm afraid it will break sooner or later.
    12-08-13 07:01 AM
    On a scale of 10, I would give my Z30 a solid 8.5
    If it had two more cores and a better resolution display it would be 10/10. It's my first time owning an amoled device and I'm loving it, playing games make the graphics pop more, the blacks are quite deep, one thing that surprised me is that there is no difference when displaying black and when the device is turned off
    Coming from the Z10 also it's an improvement in all areas. Sure it's not 1080p but I'm glad that when I loaded appworld 3/4 of my Z10 apps were compatible.
    I'm very excited for the future of the next BB10 devices. Now just gotta buy a keyboard and a mouse to enjoy me some mobile computing.

Z30 : No more peasants battery life
    12-08-13 07:15 AM
    There are a couple of things irking me about the z30 at the moment. The calendar handling is very ordinary. I live by my Outlook calendar at work, and syncing this across to the z30 via Exchange works well enough, but roughly 20% of the entries are screwed up on my phone. E.g. I have a set meeting each Monday at 10am. On my phone it's showing as 10:30pm on Saturday! It's correct on Outlook. It doesn't seem to be able to handle recurring appointments well at all. I can edit the appointment on the device, but the phone reverts back to the wrong time and date once it syncs again.

Also, when rebooting it takes a good 4-5 minutes before the device Hub or Calendar are able to be read. That's not a big issue, but the calendar is a problem. One I may need to scrap the phone over, unfortunately.
    12-09-13 01:33 AM
    Not much more to report on at the moment.

Battery life truly is great and for a power user, I can really appreciate it.

.429 has a few glitches that I noticed: one I found yesterday was that the BlueTooth paired devices list does not display the list of devices correctly; it's chopped after the first item.

There was another one but I can't remember it at the moment
    12-09-13 10:21 AM
54 123