I know we all big BB fans. Certainly i am.
    And I think that there are more compliments about Z30 than other complaints at this forum.
    We do love and hope Bberry could be re-stronger and back to glory.
    But I think we should treat it objectivly

So lets talk about it.
    first of all,complaining of not rich apps is not included in this thread. we know Bberry is working hard on it.
    I hope we can share the using experience, some bothering issues, input, sofeware, hardware, updates,charging, battery life,speaker issues and everything~!

If u dont have z30 yet, u can find sone useful informations here.
    if u have one, u just tell us ur opinions~~~objectively~~thx!
    Last edited by sirchocolate; 11-26-13 at 11:36 PM. Reason: add some
    hazarder and blackberryfunboy like this.
    11-26-13 09:52 PM
    Recently switched from Z10 to Z30. Some tradeoff in pixel response time and colour accuracy due to the amoled vs lcd. Everything else about the device is significantly better though. Loving it so far.
    codeslinga and Jimberry Storm like this.
    11-26-13 09:56 PM
    I know I don't have it yet but I will any day now and I've played with it 10 times in the store already. If your a blackberry fan and you love bb10 like I do then it's a solid phone and a dream. If you want to put it head to head to iphone and android on a spec by spec hardware basis then it's prob best time to think about switching anyway because it seems clear that BlackBerry isn't going to compete on that level one way or another.

Posted using my Q10 via CB10
    11-26-13 10:01 PM
    I have been a Blackberry user from early days and had many models. The Z30 is the best and is comparable to anything out there that I have tested including the Samsung S4. Great battery life, great internet and reception access, great processing power, freeze free, and great storage flexibilty. Oh, and great apps, for the basics. There is no deficiency.
    11-26-13 10:24 PM
    I know I don't have it yet but I will any day now and I've played with it 10 times in the store already. If your a blackberry fan and you love bb10 like I do then it's a solid phone and a dream. If you want to put it head to head to iphone and android on a spec by spec hardware basis then it's prob best time to think about switching anyway because it seems clear that BlackBerry isn't going to compete on that level one way or another.

Can you elaborate? What are you talking about?
    11-26-13 10:26 PM
    Bought a Z10 the first day it was available. Loved it! I bought the Z30 6 mos later on the first day it was available. It is awesome! I don't have one thing to complain about. Ordered my wireless charger today and will be looking for the FedEx guy all day until it arrives!

More than happy!
    codeslinga likes this.
    11-26-13 10:32 PM

The whole spec argument feels a little stale. The Z30 isn't a spec leader, but it isn't that far behind, either. Really.

My own experience with the phone has been extremely positive. The display looks ever-so-slightly "softer" than the Z10's, and that's the closest thing I have to a complaint. Battery life is great. Performance is great. The phone physically has a great, solid, "premium" feel, though to be fair it's thicker and heavier than a GS4.

I've been very happy with it.
    11-26-13 10:37 PM
    The whole spec argument feels a little stale. The Z30 isn't a spec leader, but it isn't that far behind, either. Really.

My own experience with the phone has been extremely positive. The display looks ever-so-slightly "softer" than the Z10's, and that's the closest thing I have to a complaint. Battery life is great. Performance is great. The phone physically has a great, solid, "premium" feel, though to be fair it's thicker and heavier than a GS4.

Absolutely. That's like someone with a 3.4 GHz quad-core processor in their computer arguing with someone with a 3.0 GHz dual-core processor about how much better and faster their computer is; knowing full well that for the masses - most wouldn't know or even be able to detect the difference.

The BlackBerry 10 experience is pretty damn good. Those who take comfort in thinking that BlackBerry 10 devices are just like the old BlackBerry devices and read tech blogs that tell them to not buy the BlackBerry yada, yada, yada will keep following the masses and will just buy the next hot thing they everyone else has.

Pretty sad. BlackBerry rocks! #TeamBlackBerry!
    hazarder likes this.
    11-26-13 10:54 PM
    I just got my Christmas gift early. I am loving it so far. I noticed that if I increased the font size to 9 instead of the default 8, it looks very comparable to Z10 when viewing websites etc. I even bumped it to size 10, but that made BBM text a bit over the top. I am loving the battery life. 14hrs to 20% from full. That was with a 30 minute video chat, lots of web surfing, 2 calls and tons of BBMs. Until I did the video chat it was at 60% battery after 10hrs. I have the screen brightness at about 75%. Watched TSN highlights of Grey Cup (I know very Canadian reference there) and the HD feed was stunning.

Love the feel of it. Definitely not putting a case on this, rather going for the carbonite sleeve.

Sound is awesome, especially if you hold the phone in portrait and cup your hands behind the phone, really creates a very rich, full sound.

New antennae, with new .429 update yields great signal strength. I live in the boonies, finally having 5 bars is awesome.

Games play nicely, with good quality video (depending on the game).

Not sure what else I can say, it is a very nice phone.

I do have one complaint I guess, when I put on a screen protector, the display quality did drop (didn't notice that on the Z10). This was really only visible with white backgrounds, like docs and web pages. I guess I will have to get the top of the line screen protector and try again. Or not worry about it, since videos show no drop off in quality.
    11-26-13 10:57 PM

The Motorola G isn't that far behind in specs and can be had for less than half the price of a Z30.

Specs are an issue. Mid ranged specs with a high end price = bad :'(
    11-26-13 11:08 PM
    I love my Z30. I have it wrapped in a glacier white otter box. I thought it would be an issue getting used to the bigger device after switching from the Z10 but I got used to it.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 11:29 PM
    I don't pay for specs, I pay for performance, and the Z30 delivers in that category. Many have been disappointed by higher specd devices being outperformed by lower specd devices.
    11-26-13 11:33 PM
    Here's what i had posted on another thread couple of days back....

Got one 4 days back. I have literally stopped using my iPad. No, seriously! The only thing i use iPad for now is Office mail, which will soon move to Z30 the moment my phone is setup on the BES10. Goodbye to the Good for Enterprise Technology for iOS and Android.

Hub is great. I am a stickler for an efficient email and messaging system. Hub simply sets a new standard for this parameter. My colleagues (Android fans) are shocked to see how efficient the Hub is. iPhone email system is a joke.

All the apps (barring one - FT) that i require are available on BB World, and work like a charm. Level of integration with emailing and messaging system is impressive. Thanks WSJ, Economist, Bloomberg, Bloomberg Anywhere and various other media companies for making their app available on BB World. Of course there a few apps i'd like to have but they aren't a deal breaker for me. I think i am at 90% of where i was on iPad. And, that to me is impressive considering the usual gripe about apps most reviewers have.

Screen - brightness and resolution - is excellent. Any concern around low ppi is irrelevant. It has a beautiful screen to look at. Colours are vivid, fonts - sharp.

Keyboard is nothing short of excellent. It just sets a new benchmark for competitors. It took me a couple days to get used to, but boy this keyboard is fast and accurate.

Network coverage is better vs. My previous BB. Sound quality, in ear and on speakers, is great. I was positively surprised with the sound reproduction of the headsets that came along with phone.

All my music from iTunes and CDs/SACD has been transferred on the memory card. I like the way it organises the library. Sound quality is impressive. I am able to make 2 bluetooth connections concurrently (i am not surprised, just sharing fyi). 1) connect to handsfree in car with my bluetooth, 2) BlackBerry Music Gateway connected via bluetooth. With this, i can listen to music through my car stereo wirelessly, and also make and receive calls. Music resumes playing the moment i disconnect phone.

Have installed a few games, just to get an understanding of any lagging issues. None. My son too tried his hand at this phone, played couple of games and now wants a Z30 for himself as well! He thinks gaming experience is superb.

Battery life is fantastic keeping in mind the screen size. I have gotten 18 hours so far for a fairly active usage. Have installed at least 50 new apps, set up phone, installed games. Played them. Music streaming couple of hours a day, 75 to 100 odd emails, 50 odd SMS, an hour or more of calls everyday. In background 4 emails, a twitter account, linkedin constantly syncing.

I'm a happy soul.
    11-26-13 11:47 PM
    My take on The Z30:
    The BB10 OS is great. I won't say it's better than other OS because people have different opinions. For me, it's good enough. I think BB10 is mean to be on a touch screen to get the best experiences.
    Screen is good. It's not the best but won't be disappointed.
    Battery is great. only a few phones can compare with its battery life. Although running many android apps the battery will drain faster.
    Keyboard is outstanding.
    The camera is Ok.
    The price is bad. Not the specs, the price!!! I would pay $500 for a Z30 than a $350 nexus 5. $600 off contract Canada. Same price as lg g2 which has a better camera and screen; same if not better battery life. The price turning people away for android and iOS.
    I had it for a few days and changed to a q10 (before 1055). The reason is simple: I want to get the physical keyboard. For many years on the touch screen, I really missed the qwert!
    11-27-13 01:11 AM
    The Motorola G isn't that far behind in specs and can be had for less than half the price of a Z30.

Really? One spec people tend to forget is the OS which I believe contributes a lot to the price. Apple makes its own OS, Iphone expensive, BlackBerry makes its own OS so BlackBerrys will be expensive. Android phones on the other hand get OS for free so the only way they can have phones with same price as Iphones and BlackBerrys is by putting in hardware with hyped up specs, the multi core cpu, camera, a lot of RAM.
    11-27-13 03:00 AM
    Really? One spec people tend to forget is the OS which I believe contributes a lot to the price. Apple makes its own OS, Iphone expensive, BlackBerry makes its own OS so BlackBerrys will be expensive. Android phones on the other hand get OS for free so the only way they can have phones with same price as Iphones and BlackBerrys is by putting in hardware with hyped up specs, the multi core cpu, camera, a lot of RAM.
    Pretty much agreed. People tends to forget that they have to pay for the developer that works hard every day to build the OS as well.
    Well, Google pay that themselves and they get your money in a different way.
    togarika and howards like this.
    11-27-13 03:25 AM
    I am using myZ30 for about 3 weeks now. Honestly speaking, it is the best phone that one can have. It's solid, performs highly, long battery life, all cool messages including emails and social networks' in one place - the hub and so many other things. The only, but the only downside I can mention is heaviness, I have no prroblem with that but others might make it a case.

I am very proud to have Z30!

Posted via Z30; switched from bold 9900 and not regretting!
    11-27-13 03:52 AM

It is so annoying that the whole specs discussion normally only reflects CPU-Power, especially when it comes to a cell phone. In my opinion the most import hardware specs should be good coverage, great sound quality, good battery life and maybe LTE. Judging from my Q10 (and I don't think the Z30 will lack behind) BB did an awesome job and I never had a telephone which could deliver better concerning these points.
    Additonally you get a lot of other nice gimmicks like HDMI, BT 4.0, NFC, 2GB Ram and so on, as well as very good manufacturing quality and haptics. So honestly I don't see the Motorola coming close.
    11-27-13 03:56 AM
    It is easily the best BlackBerry device ever. Messaging and the hub is uniquely superior to all the competitors. The battery life combined with performance and the large screen make it first rate. I can easily be perfectly happy with this device for my contract period.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 04:42 AM
    After getting used to blackberry 10 coming from the iPhone I absolutely love the phone. Battery life is good and comparable to my iPhone 4. Not sure how but that old iPhone held a charge really well and still is going strong on my music player .

I don't care much for apps so I don't really feel that change. I use more apps on my iPad and even there I'm not a huge app guy.

I love the build quality of the phone. Love carbon fiber and think it highlights the phone well.

What I'd change:
    Better camera. It is okay but I'd like something better. I don't use phone cameras much but still something I'd improve.

Silver on the phone should be stainless steel or better yet titanium. If this was changed I think they would have sold more units

Posted via my Z30
    11-27-13 09:32 AM
    I personaly moved from Nokia C6-01 but I have experienced many gadgets including SGS 2-4, Lumia 800, 620 And 720, iPhone 5...
    I found that none of these devices were true "heirs". I have remembered that I had heard something about Z10 and its system that I have fallen in love with.
    So, now I am holding my Z30 right now...

There is one thing I am really not happy with and it is the Z30's back cover. It does not fit with the rest of the device in terms of "connection". I feel sometimes that the cover is moving but it is not as terrible but I just do not like it. In terms of objectivity: Backcover's connection with the device should be more thick or hold better. If I gave it a rating it would be 7,5/10. Design is great.

I put my Z30 next to the iPhone 5 and SGS4 and it looks much more better built and has much more expensive look - my classmates told.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 10:02 AM
    I personaly moved from Nokia C6-01 but I have experienced many gadgets including SGS 2-4, Lumia 800, 620 And 720, iPhone 5...
    I found that none of these devices were true "heirs". I have remembered that I had heard something about Z10 and its system that I have fallen in love with.
    So, now I am holding my Z30 right now...

There is one thing I am really not happy with and it is the Z30's back cover. It does not fit with the rest of the device in terms of "connection". I feel sometimes that the cover is moving but it is not as terrible but I just do not like it. In terms of objectivity: Backcover's connection with the device should be more thick or hold better. If I gave it a rating it would be 7,5/10. Design is great.

I put my Z30 next to the iPhone 5 and SGS4 and it looks much more better built and has much more expensive look - my classmates told.

Posted via CB10
    I love the back cover lol
    11-27-13 10:15 AM
    Is there any news or even rumors out in the CB world about whether or not AT&T is going to offer the Z30? My local AT&T store folks are death on the Z10 and Q10, and seem as though they couldn't care less about the Z30! Thanks!!
    11-27-13 10:21 AM
    I love the back cover lol
    Actually the back cover was the first thing that stuck out to me when I first handled the phone. I thought it felt and looked terrific.
    Last edited by HowardShap; 11-27-13 at 01:13 PM.
    11-27-13 10:23 AM
    Is there any news or even rumors out in the CB world about whether or not AT&T is going to offer the Z30? My local AT&T store folks are death on the Z10 and Q10, and seem as though they couldn't care less about the Z30! Thanks!!
    No one really knows. You ask 10 store reps and you'll probably get 10 different uninformed answers.

If you go by their recent actions with BlackBerry you can only come away thinking that the Z30 will never see the AT&T logo.
    cjcinmd likes this.
    11-27-13 10:31 AM
54 123