Going to get the white Z30 and wanted to know abound the white leather flip case. If you bought it, what are the pros and cons?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 07:48 PM
    Pros are the leather like back making it less slippery than the actual one that comes with it. Nice looking case and puts the phone to sleep. Cons, can get dirty. I use it occasionally not all the time, so it's still looks good.
    11-02-14 07:57 PM
    The getting dirty part worried...but for 5 dollars on amazon, it's not a loss. just ordered my white Z30 for the 299 price.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 08:07 PM
    Not sure if the white one has the same issue but I have a black leather flip case for my Z30 and on occasion, the power button on top would get stuck down when I pressed it to lock the phone. This would send the phone into an endless power-on loop until I noticed and removed the back. Then it would be fine.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 08:16 PM
    Not sure if the white one has the same issue but I have a black leather flip case for my Z30 and on occasion, the power button on top would get stuck down when I pressed it to lock the phone. This would send the phone into an endless power-on loop until I noticed and removed the back. Then it would be fine.

Posted via CB10
    Had the same issue. Spent a bit of time chiseling the plastic which surrounds the power button and now works perfectly.

Other cons, if you're getting the same one as me, which was 15$ on amazon and eBay, is that the flap is hard leather/plastic so it doesn't always close all the way.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 09:31 PM
    I have the black one, I don't use often because pictures go foggy when using the flash, the light seams to bounce around the lens opening. Otherwise I love the case, much more functional that the holster.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 11:20 PM
    If you mean the one that closes from the side like a book, just be mindful that it doesn't stay closed properly due to the stiff leather spine, nearly all the time, meaning it unlocks randomly (defeating the purpose of the built in sleep magnet) so I used mine for a day or two then gave up on it. It looks great but not practical for general use at all. And when you bend the front around the back to type etc, this just trains it to bend in the opposite direction to the closed position, making the problem progressively worse. If it simply had a magnet closure on the front to suck it shut it would be perfect. Very frustrating and disappointing. I just wish there was an OEM flip case like the one for the Q10 which flips open from the bottom and hooks closed at the top - at least this one actually stayed closed meaning that the sleep magnet actually had some functional purpose.

"Is that a Blackberry Z30 in your pocket or are you just happy to see me!?"
    Last edited by InfinityBob; 11-03-14 at 04:08 PM.
    11-03-14 03:56 PM
    Just ordered the official blackberry flip case wish I had not bothered now.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 04:27 PM
    Just ordered the official blackberry flip case wish I had not bothered now.

Posted via CB10
    I have the official BlackBerry black leather flip case; the one that replaces the glass weave back.

I like it a lot. It doesn't look as nice as the glass weave case, but after dropping my phone on concrete-with happily no breakage, I just had to get a case. I also got the official BlackBerry screen protector.

What I find most useful about the flip case is the magnet in the cover to set the phone to sleep mode previously in my pocket the phone would wake up, and sometimes dial or activate the camera. Also, the little cutout in the flip case for the notifications LED works just fine. Also it looks very professional and understated in black, especially if you work in an office or similar environment.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 07:47 PM
    I have the official BlackBerry black leather flip case; the one that replaces the glass weave back.

I like it a lot. It doesn't look as nice as the glass weave case, but after dropping my phone on concrete-with happily no breakage, I just had to get a case. I also got the official BlackBerry screen protector.

What I find most useful about the flip case is the magnet in the cover to set the phone to sleep mode previously in my pocket the phone would wake up, and sometimes dial or activate the camera. Also, the little cutout in the flip case for the notifications LED works just fine. Also it looks very professional and understated in black, especially if you work in an office or similar environment.

Posted via CB10
    Do you not suffer from the case not staying closed after bending around the back to type etc? See my earlier post. I really like the look of the case but this issue bugs the hell out of me to the point I don't want to use it!

11-04-14 12:15 AM
    Do you not suffer from the case not staying closed after bending around the back to type etc? See my earlier post. I really like the look of the case but this issue bugs the hell out of me to the point I don't want to use it!

I've used the case for just 3weeks and I think with time the leather around it would ease up and would close nicely after much open and closing... now mine closes fine.. very fine

EDIT: I had to Open mine by the side (Perfectly) so as to enable me charge the device with the case closed..

Attachment 311964

Attachment 311965
    Last edited by Ibegbulem Onyebuchi; 11-04-14 at 12:45 AM.
    11-04-14 12:28 AM
    I've used the case for just 3weeks and I think with time the leather around it would ease up and would close nicely after much open and closing... now mine closes fine.. very fine

Posted via CB10
    Hmm I see so I guess the leather may soften up with time. Maybe I can find a slightly aggressive way to fast track this process with mine

11-04-14 12:32 AM
    Hmm I see so I guess the leather may soften up with time. Maybe I can find a slightly aggressive way to fast track this process with mine

I read somewhere that baseball glove oil works for soften it.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 01:07 AM

No problem with it staying closed. The leather "hinge" is nice and supple now and closes just fine. I will add that I don't flatten the hinge when folding the cover back; I let it assume a natural curve.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 08:21 AM