1) The SG4 is arguably the best-spec'd phone out there right now, and we started seeing discounts on it almost immediately. It is selling well below Samsung's projections.
    Actually, no, it's the Xperia Z is far the best-equipped phone out there and yes, it's selling very well, according to both Sony and analysts.
    Granted, Sony is coming from a 4th-5th position so it's easier to show sharp growth but it's also true that Samsung, being the 800lb gorilla, is simply unable to grow beyond certain levels.
    08-08-13 12:01 PM
    Blackberry needs ADS & marketing just like Samsung and Sony..
    08-08-13 12:03 PM
    Exactly.
    No, absolutely not - can you people finally stop regurgitating this clueless, idiotic, false nonsense about 1080p is not being different from 720p? Please?

Thank you.
    08-08-13 12:05 PM
    Blackberry needs ADS & marketing just like Samsung and Sony..
    Actually Sony's marketing is horrible, the Xperia Z is the first one they actually tried to market here in the US, even if it's still half-witted (mostly in-store and online, still very little in TV or outdoor) - but since it's already selling well it also shows how much specs and features AND marketing together matter here in the US especially in-store sales push, well 'greased' sales guys pushing it, being in front of everyone unlike BB phones which are usually not even on display (forget being offered by the sales people any way or at least having a decent stand of its own, phone charged and turned on and ready for testing, next to the entrance etc.)
    08-08-13 12:08 PM
    No, absolutely not - can you people finally stop regurgitating this clueless, idiotic, false nonsense about 1080p is not being different from 720p? Please?

Thank you.
    Uh, yeah......ok.
    08-08-13 12:19 PM
    Actually Sony's marketing is horrible, the Xperia Z is the first one they actually tried to market here in the US, even if it's still half-witted (mostly in-store and online, still very little in TV or outdoor) - but since it's already selling well it also shows how much specs and features AND marketing together matter here in the US especially in-store sales push, well 'greased' sales guys pushing it, being in front of everyone unlike BB phones which are usually not even on display (forget being offered by the sales people any way or at least having a decent stand of its own, phone charged and turned on and ready for testing, next to the entrance etc.)
    The problem with the Xperia Z is that it's already several months old, but was only released in the US a few weeks ago. I remember seeing this ad months ago and being really impressed:

Then I forgot about it. Fast forward several months later and I get word of the Sony Xperia Z coming out on T-Mo. I was interested but it didn't even occur to me that this was the device I was so impressed with months earlier. I'm greatly enjoying my device and I definitely think advertising could be better. Plus I *think* it's only available on T-Mobile at the moment.
    08-08-13 12:26 PM
    Really? Still comparing BBRY to Apple?

Apple don't even need to try to sell tens of millions of phones, BBRY can't even sell a tenth of what Apple sold with all the ideas they have.

As a number 3 or even 4 in this market, you can't sit back and relax like the number 1.
    So very true. However it does bring up another good point. Besides the iPhone, I can think of another lower-speced phone that's doing quite well - the Lumia 520/521. Why is it doing so well? It's dirt cheap. It's only $129 off contract. I've played with one, and it's quite impressive for such an inexpesive phone. Off the top of my head, I think the specs are a 5mp camera, no ffc, 480x800 4in screen, 1ghz dual core processor.

So...I think the Z30 could get away with having lower specs...IF IT'S PRICED COMPETITIVELY! I'm hoping for a price no greater than $449 off contract if the specs we've seen are the final version.
    08-08-13 12:41 PM
    Let them say what they want, I have been a loyal fan of BlackBerry since my first one! 7 years now, do I love them all the time, no, but I don't cry about it. They were the first! And w any company, they have growing pains. I hardly can wait for the day Apple screws up, and droid is not even a company, it's just a phone os, and in reality Samsung does not even have true droid os

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BergerKing; 08-08-13 at 02:24 PM.
    08-08-13 12:42 PM
    Let them say what they want, I have been a loyal fan of BlackBerry since my first one! 7 years now, do I love them all the time, no, but I don't cry about it. They were the first! And w any company, they have growing pains. I hardly can wait for the day Apple screws up, and droid is not even a company, it's just a phone os, and in reality Samsung does not even have true droid os

Posted via CB10
    Nope..."droid" isn't even a company...and it's not even a phone OS. Android is. "Droid" is a line of Android devices on Verizon. There was indeed at least one Samsung Droid phone, the Droid Charge. I'm sure there were others. Just fyi.

ETA: I also don't hope either Android or Apple "screws up." I want to see BlackBerry rise above both, while both are still pretty impressive entities. It's looking very doubtful that my vision will come true, but come on, how effing sweet of a comeback story would that be?? It wouldn't be as impressive if Android and Apple were shadows of what they are today.
    Saiga likes this.
    08-08-13 12:46 PM
    Nope..."droid" isn't even a company...and it's not even a phone OS. Android is. "Droid" is a line of Android devices on Verizon. There was indeed at least one Samsung Droid phone, the Droid Charge. I'm sure there were others. Just fyi.

ETA: I also don't hope either Android or Apple "screws up." I want to see BlackBerry rise above both, while both are still pretty impressive entities. It's looking very doubtful that my vision will come true, but come on, how effing sweet of a comeback story would that be?? It wouldn't be as impressive if Android and Apple were shadows of what they are today.
    True, and why wouldn't BlackBerry make it? And per my Verizon guy, and he REALLY knows his stuff Samsung is not a true droid. And he is a droid fan

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 01:01 PM
    When the Z10 came out, I have been saying it and I still need to be convinced that I am wrong.

Right now we are using public beta units, providing feedback for the OS.

BlackBerry has been marketing just enough to make people aware of their existence.

Just with the 10.2 leak I am able to justify recommending blackberry's phones.

It was good enough for me but for the asking price and available alternatives not good enough.

The apps available cover all needs and skooday is the best app to stream music on any device.

Check out Skooday in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/26725872

The OS matters more than specs.

When BlackBerry releases their new flagship phones, then please do a global launch and provide dedicated space in phone shops. Do the Marketing with focus on experience! Do another porthatlon to get the Latest Android 4.2 apps over and you will be laughing all the way to 25$ per share

Leave the cheap phones to Samsung via licensing of the OS be the brand that runs high-end cars.

I am proud of having the Blackberry logo show when I am on the phone.

Do not sell out cheep since the experience on BB10 is worth the premium.

Dropping prices is easier than raising them.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 01:13 PM
    I think some people in this thread are mistaking me for only speaking of the specs. It's the OS as well. The ecosystem. The specs are just the butter, and these specs show that BB is continuing to just be "also ran" in that regard while offering arguably the 4th best ecosystem in the smart phone market behind even Windows Phone.
    Ecosystem, maybe for now, but the OS ? I think kicks *** with BB10
    08-08-13 01:18 PM
    Don't misconstrued what I'm saying, should they try and be better, absolutely! Are they well, seems to be. Thor has not been around that long, and shake ups take time. I know he's on the right track, look at any good company and you will see highs and lows

Posted via CB10
    Thor has been in executive level postions with BB for six years. That's not a long time?
    08-08-13 01:25 PM
    BlackBerry Awarded "Authority to Operate" on U.S. Department of Defense Networks | CrackBerry.com.

Read and weep toy lovers! You num nuts have to realize BBs were built for business people, not children who play w toys, you want a toy, leave

Posted via CB10
    some people might want a device that does both. just a thought
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-08-13 01:28 PM
    Thor has been in executive level postions with BB for six years. That's not a long time?
    No it's not it can take a company a while to recover from a major screw up, it has to be done in a careful manor

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 01:31 PM
    Looks like a nice phone, and not much larger than the z10. Hardware looks awesome - pair BB10 with this type of hardware and you'd have a screaming fast device. I wouldn't buy this phone though since I don't like android.
    08-08-13 01:40 PM
    Calm down everyone and stop the insults. Debate the products and not the people.
    08-08-13 02:11 PM
    Thread under review.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 08-08-13 at 02:31 PM.
    08-08-13 02:18 PM
    OK, we aren't discussing who ate contaminated cereal, people's intelligence, or any of the other flap that has just gotten cleaned up. The rude, Bickering, and flaming posts can stop, or we can start handing out reminders to be more respectful toward one another. Howard at told y'all to chill, and now we are here. Those who need to do better know who they are.
    idahobatman and pkcable like this.
    08-08-13 02:40 PM
    OK, we aren't discussing who ate contaminated cereal, people's intelligence, or any of the other flap that has just gotten cleaned up. The rude, Bickering, and flaming posts can stop, or we can start handing out reminders to be more respectful toward one another. Howard at told y'all to chill, and now we are here. Those who need to do better know who they are.
    As the Topic Originator, I for one certainly did not intend to have personal insults flung around with this thread topic. Thank you for the clean up!
    pkcable and BergerKing like this.
    08-08-13 02:48 PM
    You know what really gets my dandruff up is num nuts and threads like this! I mean seriously, if you don't like BBs and think they are going to flop, or fall on their face then do us a favor, leave! I can bet anything that the droid and apple threads have no one crying like little girls. All it seems these days on CB is nothing but sniveling cry babies, I'm sure when Kevin, first started this it was not met to be like this, but then he jumped ship too. You people make me want to puke! What happen to real people who had backbone?

Posted via CB10
    You do realise of course that the Mobile Nations passport allows anyone in good standing to post in any of the sites. Additionally the forums are for folks to speak their minds regardless of their opinions on the solvency of BlackBerry.
    08-08-13 03:06 PM
    So very true. However it does bring up another good point. Besides the iPhone, I can think of another lower-speced phone that's doing quite well - the Lumia 520/521. Why is it doing so well? It's dirt cheap. It's only $129 off contract. I've played with one, and it's quite impressive for such an inexpesive phone. Off the top of my head, I think the specs are a 5mp camera, no ffc, 480x800 4in screen, 1ghz dual core processor.

So...I think the Z30 could get away with having lower specs...IF IT'S PRICED COMPETITIVELY! I'm hoping for a price no greater than $449 off contract if the specs we've seen are the final version.
    Agreed.

On the other hand, I don't think everyone here is asking BBRY to put better specs into Z30, but put comparable specs so it's not falling behind on its flagship phone.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-08-13 03:09 PM
    He is absolutely right.

A Droid is made by Motorola.
    Samsung makes the Galaxy line, among others.
    Therefore your friend is absolutely brilliantly correct.
    I know that's why he's still my phone guy

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 03:12 PM
    I know that's why he's still my phone guy

Posted via CB10
    He's a good one to keep then.
    08-08-13 03:15 PM
    Not impressed with this new LG.....after all...its Android.....
    08-08-13 03:20 PM
151 ... 4567