Even our beloved z10 is in trouble with motorola x.

And what I'm thinking is... buy motorola x and wait for some very talented dev to run bbos 10.2.X.XXX in it. mwauahahahahahahaha

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 07:09 PM
    My two cents. BBRY should focus on only two products for now, Z10 and Q10 and come out with with yes better hardware and maybe a bit lower price point than the competition. Once they are out of the hole then maybe then can look at other sizes for their phones.
    08-07-13 07:23 PM
    Shipped. What was the sell through for the Optimus G specifically. Let me know what you find..
    I'm guessing they sold more than the Z10, what was the sell through on that one by the way?
    08-07-13 07:25 PM
    Too late. Lol... BlackBerry is already killed by LG's design.

Are you guys really serious??? I just finished watching the video and my question is, what's truly spectacular about that phone? Is it the "knock knock" or the awkward power button at the back??? Lol!!! The Z30 is much better designed than that LG. The specs for the Z30 are NOT yet official and any intelligent person would reserve their opinions or comments until BlackBerry makes the specs official. Rumors about specs are just what they are, RUMORS!! Don't trash BlackBerry for the sake of trashing it. You guys should move to other platforms since some of you think Blackberry phones are DOA.
    I will definitely buy Z30!!
    Posted via CB10
    earlym likes this.
    08-07-13 07:28 PM
    Kinda on the "BIG" size but the specs are off the chart,...I was waiting to read,..."4gb of RAM",...vs just 2gb! Nice set.
    damien kupuku likes this.
    08-07-13 07:48 PM
    I get that a new phone is coming out, and that it has fantastic specs. The truth is, new handsets are going to be coming out all the time. Some of them will have better specs, some of them won't.

People need to shake themselves of the mindset that just because a product isn't appealing to YOU doesn't mean that another user wouldn't buy it. I have a very hard time believing that an LG Optimus customer is likely to be cross-shopping BlackBerry under the best of circumstances anyway, and vice-versa.

I don't see what point it serves to scream that the sky is falling just because a competitor introduces a new model.

From the awesome PHYSICAL keyboard of my Q10
    08-07-13 08:02 PM
    Android phones are selling not because of exaggerated
    specs. It's because Android os is cheap. Android OEMS get their licences gratis. To differentiate from each other they wage a spec war. HTC is tanking despite their One flagship. LG is hardly a high end manufacturer, so we'll see how well their effort sells in a market inhabited by a Kronos (Samsung). Going forward the mobile market is an os shoot out not a spec war.
    Don't buy the marketing of the OEMS camera quality is all down to software interpolation not megapixels. As for screen resolution even with 6/4 vision you won't differentiate a screen resolution above 300 dpi so what is the point of 1080p resolution on a 5 inch screen?
    Someone with perfect vision can see 500 dpi at one foot. Thing is that this is less than 1% of the population.

And when I have small text. I bring the phone closer to my face and I can see enough that I know 1080p would be of benefit.

Dpi you see is a function based on distance from face.

Posted via CB10
    JR A likes this.
    08-07-13 08:29 PM
    Pixel density is not the only advantage of 1080p screens.

If you ever project your screen to a TV or monitor, then you have much that more real estate to play with. You can see more of a book, magazine, or web page. You can practically use multi-window. You can see the difference for yourself when you alter the resolution on your PC.
    JR A and pantlesspenguin like this.
    08-07-13 08:33 PM
    In my honest opinion I think just to compare the specs of the devices is really not making the good comparison. BB10 doesn't need those vamped specs the G2 shows, it runs more than smoothly and is very fast with the specs that the Z30 has to offer. If the G2 needs that amount of specs to run smoothly then be it, it's all about the OS. If Android needs so much specs then it's just normal to put it in . Fact is BB10 doesn't need so much specs (maybe a better screen and hopefully a larger battery but that's it). Personally I'm not a 5inch lover, it's far to big for a phone. Now I'm not sure that the Z30 will be bad and I pretty sure the G2 will be a great device to.
    In the end it will all be a question of OS, so quit comparing the specs
    If BB10 main feature is the OS, then BB will have to spend a boatload of money to persuade consumers that specs don't matter and I mean a boatload. High end specs is what draws many consumers first to a product. Specs are also an easy first pitch for a salesperson. Samsung spent more than the other 4 Android manufacturers on Ads last year and they have a high spec phone so BB will have to spend at least that amount to gain traction on the Z30.
    08-07-13 08:38 PM
    The screen sizes are out of hand. I would rather use the z10 than my iPhone 5. But, honestly usability I would rather use a 4s than either for size and maneuverability.. I prefer Z10 os, camera, hub, calendar, memory options, browser, hdmi port, freedom and keyboard. Meanwhile iPhone has backing by everyone for accessories and apps, so you can get anything you want. All that said I am rocking my z10 with no upgrade options from anyone in site. I would take a updated iPhone with 4s size with Lte and better camera (not going to happen) or a rugged Z10 that's waterproof, gorilla glass, bigger batter and thicker ( just as unlikely) . Long live Z10 I am as content as possible not a chance of considering Android.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 08:43 PM
    I do not know why everyone is making such a big deal with android to me it looks like a poor version on Symbian without the security.
    damien kupuku likes this.
    08-07-13 09:25 PM
    As the article states, BB is testing 4 variations of Z30. Let's reserve judgement until the unbiased CB review.

BlackBerry Aristo to be First Smartphone With 3GB of RAM | The Gadget Masters

How about this for once stop speculating on rumors .. reserve your judgement when the phone releases
    sparkaction likes this.
    08-07-13 09:36 PM
    In all honesty, BB's phones should have launched with "larger than life" specs that makes the industry stand up and take note. Z10 is a bit par (to under par) when it comes to flagship smartphones. Now, if the hardware is upgraded in two years, anything is possible. But, specs alone don't make a pleasurable phone experience.

My money is STILL on BB!

Go BB!
    I bet that's how most people feel, but rather than going that route, I think that they went with lower specs so that they could offer better battery life. I hope that the Z10's battery life improves more with future updates, but I'm more than pleased with the Q10's battery.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10!
    earlym likes this.
    08-07-13 09:43 PM
    The back of this phone looks ugly as hell ! why ruin such a beautiful phone with those back buttons?! /:
    08-07-13 09:43 PM
    Let me add the key turning point in LG's fortunes was the launch of Nexus 4. It sold like hotcakes due to aggressive low pricing. If BB is aggressive on pricing, then Z30 will sell. Or else it will be another missed opportunity.

As I've said here before, LG was a company that was struggling, much like BlackBerry is. LG went to the drawing board and started popping out great devices. BlackBerry still hasn't done that. LG just posted a record breaking quarter for smartphone shipments. They shipped 12.1 million smartphones last quarter. That is their best quarter ever. The trend for LG is upward, the trend for BlackBerry is downwards. Both companies have been struggling, but they don't act anything like each other.

LG was struggling, so they made the LG Optimus G, a industry-leading device at the time of its release. The LG G2 is also a industry-leading smartphone.

BlackBerry IS struggling, so they are going to release that BlackBerry Z30, a device that doesn't even match the now year-old, LG Optimus G. It is like BlackBerry isn't even trying anymore.
    JR A likes this.
    08-07-13 09:49 PM
    You do realize iPhone also are never super spec'd out either!
    It's unbelievable that people still keep bringing up this non-sequitur in every Z30 topic... just *WHAT* way do you think Apple or its iPhone is relevant to BB or its upcoming new phone, seriously?
    JR A and damien kupuku like this.
    08-07-13 10:04 PM
    You may have misunderstood me. I do not endorse Apple nor have ever owned their products.

I am speaking in fact: Apple is the current market leader (by a slim margin over Android).
    Actually Android is WAAAAAY ahead of iOS, by a margin of 6:1 in terms of worldwide market share (79% vs 13%), according to the latest numbers: In The Smartphone Wars It’s iOS Vs. Android And Windows Phone Vs. The Rest | TechCrunch
    08-07-13 10:12 PM
    It's unbelievable that people are criticizing the rumored specs of a unreleased device....

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 10:19 PM
    Loves how some people get their panties in a wad when someone posts an article about something other than a BB. It is absolutely hilarious.

I think there is some relevance to this thread, after all this 1 of the competitors the Z30 will be going head to head with, like it or not. As some have already stated, there will be more phones being released, and probably most, sadly, will overshadow the Z30.

I'm still on the fence about what phone I will get, till I hear the "final" specs of the Z30, and I'm hoping to god its not the rumored specs that was "leaked" a month or 2 ago.
    08-07-13 10:20 PM
    It's unbelievable that people are criticizing the rumored specs of a unreleased device....

Posted via CB10
    Er... that's the very point in a forum topic about an upcoming device, y'know.
    08-07-13 10:55 PM
    Loves how some people get their panties in a wad when someone posts an article about something other than a BB. It is absolutely hilarious.

I think there is some relevance to this thread, after all this 1 of the competitors the Z30 will be going head to head with, like it or not. As some have already stated, there will be more phones being released, and probably most, sadly, will overshadow the Z30.

I'm still on the fence about what phone I will get, till I hear the "final" specs of the Z30, and I'm hoping to god its not the rumored specs that was "leaked" a month or 2 ago.
    Better not be - they will be competing in this lineup + upcoming Note 3: LG G2 vs. Sony Xperia Z Ultra vs. Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. Moto X vs. LG Optimus G Pro
    08-07-13 10:55 PM
    I bet that's how most people feel, but rather than going that route, I think that they went with lower specs so that they could offer better battery life. I hope that the Z10's battery life improves more with future updates, but I'm more than pleased with the Q10's battery.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10!
    I agree, but I can't help but think about the Z10's poor camera quality, the "tinny sounding" speakers and poor battery life. All of these specs taken individually stunk when the Z was reviewed and cast down by the critics. Although BB10 is optimized to run on the dual core as fast as iOS and Android run on hyper specs, I think that selling the "BB Experience" is like selling "Off Brand" cereal being "As Good As Cap'n Crunch"! That's a hard sell and it will take a lot of convincing.

American consumers are specs driven, being led (astray) to believe that more horsepower = better performance when it doesn't necessarily mean so. We buy it and park that shiny beast in our driveways, wash it; shine it and take it for a spin in the evening. Take the PC vs Mac salvos of the early 90's. PC's (early Windows) were running on top notch specs (horsepower + clunky OS and clumsy user experience), but Mac's were running on less horsepower, with an optimized OS and a superb user experience. Apple pushed the whole "experience" thing along with clever marketing which included tons of product placement and "slowly" the Mac was adopted as an alternative platform. It did more with less specs because of it's powerful OS.

BB will have to wage this kind of war. Clever marketing which focuses on the experience rather than specs and newer product placements are down the line I'm certain. Once Joe Biz & Gov adopt the new phones, you'll see Z's & Q's in movies and television like you see the BB legacy products now. No worries at all here. BB is making a great comeback and I don't have to be in the board room to see it.

Go BB!
    08-07-13 11:26 PM
    It would be really funny if the phone released with 8gb ram and a 12 core processor. I would be absolutely dumbstruck. But if Samsung did it somehow I would just shrug and keep on keepin on. Strange how that works.
    08-07-13 11:30 PM
    Lemme try what some of the guys here are doing - repetitively.

BlackBerry sucks!
    Z30 is DOA!!
    BlackBerry doesn't know anything!

Hmm.. still don't understand the hype you get when you say those things.

Seriously though, even the most loyal consumers of BlackBerry are seeing that the company is struggling. Yet, we still cling to that little glimmer of hope and optimism that maybe they could make it back - I personally think they can, nothing wrong about that.

But c'mon, if you have nothing good to say, just keep quiet. I know that this is an open forum site, but please stop going through every single thread in here just to say BlackBerry is dead.

Posted via the Z10's sexy keyboard.
    earlym likes this.
    08-08-13 12:02 AM
    Another round of Doom and Gloom posts. "What are they thinking?". I don't care, my choice was made and I'm very happy with the Z10.

If you all want to spend several hundred bucks on every time a new phone comes out go ahead. I don't understand how you all afford a new phone every 3 weeks. How does that work?
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    08-08-13 12:57 AM
151 ... 23456 ...