Google is an internet advertising company with a bunch of science projects attached to it. Its only other real business is Motorola Mobility. We all know that business is burning money faster than BlackBerry. Google makes billions off of mobile ads too. So Android is meant to bring more ad revenue. As to how, this is beyond me as I never click on mobile ads. There must be a lot of Pavlov dogs using Android smartphones.
    Advertisers pay for ads that are displayed, not just ads that are clicked. For example, if a website displays a million ads, but none of them are clicked on, the website still gets paid for displaying those ads. Google pays the owners of the website, and the advertisers pay Google. So don't worry, you're still making Google money.
    Akuji_ism and Rowan M like this.
    08-07-13 04:48 PM
    Do you realize someone will bring out better specifications?

The article says it: LG G2: We don't need a 'superphone,' we need a superb phone LG G2: We don't need a 'superphone,' we need a superb phone | ZDNet
    Of course I do, but at the time of its release, the LG G2 will have hardware that is among the very best hardware you can buy in a smartphone. The Z30 won't, It is outdated before it even releases.

So since that's the case, and we know better hardware will come out someday, are you suggesting that LG shouldn't even bother trying? Is that what you are saying?

Not trying to make a device with current specifications doesn't seem to be working out that well for BlackBerry does it?
    08-07-13 04:54 PM
    • Better processor (Snapdragon 800 !!!)
    • Better camera (13 MP vs 2 year old spec 8 MP)
    • Better PPI and screen (1080p vs again 2 year old on 5in 720p)

But this phone is not news, all flagships will have better camera (13 MP to 41 MP) and 1080p in the end of 2013. It seems BBRY is still in 2012 (or 2011 with the Galaxy Note?).

And watch it, they will be priced the same. Z30 is DOA.
    JR A likes this.
    08-07-13 04:56 PM
    In my honest opinion I think just to compare the specs of the devices is really not making the good comparison. BB10 doesn't need those vamped specs the G2 shows, it runs more than smoothly and is very fast with the specs that the Z30 has to offer. If the G2 needs that amount of specs to run smoothly then be it, it's all about the OS. If Android needs so much specs then it's just normal to put it in . Fact is BB10 doesn't need so much specs (maybe a better screen and hopefully a larger battery but that's it). Personally I'm not a 5inch lover, it's far to big for a phone. Now I'm not sure that the Z30 will be bad and I pretty sure the G2 will be a great device to.
    In the end it will all be a question of OS, so quit comparing the specs
    08-07-13 05:00 PM
    When you pay 600$-700$ for a new phone, it doesnt bother you knowing you are getting less ghz, less pixel, less megapixels, less everything in the hardware you are buying than the guy behind or before you in the waiting line? Why get screwed so much?
    Saiga and JR A like this.
    08-07-13 05:07 PM
    In my honest opinion I think just to compare the specs of the devices is really not making the good comparison. BB10 doesn't need those vamped specs the G2 shows, it runs more than smoothly and is very fast with the specs that the Z30 has to offer. If the G2 needs that amount of specs to run smoothly then be it, it's all about the OS. If Android needs so much specs then it's just normal to put it in . Fact is BB10 doesn't need so much specs (maybe a better screen and hopefully a larger battery but that's it). Personally I'm not a 5inch lover, it's far to big for a phone. Now I'm not sure that the Z30 will be bad and I pretty sure the G2 will be a great device to.
    In the end it will all be a question of OS, so quit comparing the specs
    But consumers, reviewers, and sales associates won't see it that way. They will see two phones, side by side, each costing about the same amount of money, but one has 800,000 apps and industry leading hardware, the other has out dated hardware and no where near the same amount of apps. Those two cons will create a situation where most consumers will pass on the Z30 before even investigating the OS.

Also, if the Z30 doesn't have or need industry-leading hardware specs than so be it, but they better not price it the same as a device that does have those things. BlackBerry is saving money by using outdated hardware, so they should pass those savings on to the consumser. They won't, but they should. The fact that they won't is more evidence that BlackBerry deserves what they get. They still haven't adapted. They think they are cool and consumers will pay a premium for their devices, but that simply isn't reality.
    JR A and Akuji_ism like this.
    08-07-13 05:09 PM
    Other companies need not worry when devs half-bake their own hideous devices like the Z30.
    JR A likes this.
    08-07-13 05:11 PM
    I'm feeling concerned about the Z30. Not only is the G2 hardware modern it has some useful features in the OS that I want such as phone to ear to answer calls and double tap to turn off screen. BB needs to keep climbing this slope that just got steeper. I would prefer if the Z30 had a quad core cpu over a quad core gpu as the gpu does not play a significant role in day to day performance with basic tasks other than in games and multimedia..
    08-07-13 05:15 PM
    LG finally makes the G2 official | Android Central

I mean seriously. What else needs to be said? What is BB thinking??

The Z30/A10 better be like $100 cheaper than this on contract.
    BlackBerry Aristo to be First Smartphone With 3GB of RAM | The Gadget Masters

How about this for once stop speculating on rumors .. reserve your judgement when the phone releases
    the_sleuth likes this.
    08-07-13 05:20 PM
    It's all perception and perception is reality.
    They immediately need to do one of two things:
    1) Cut the prices of their phones to mid-range Android territory. The new Aristo should be no more than $99 on contract.
    or
    2) Come out with a really cool, really sexy feature that no one else has and can not be copied quickly.
    Apple gets sales because they have the prettiest, slickest phones with features that usually leave their competitors in the dust. They have slowed down recently because they haven't launched a new feature like that in a year. But just watch. I read an article today about why their fingerprint scanner is new, different and will work reliably for thousands of cycles, where current fingerprint tech will not. Samsung will need lots of time to copy that, restoring iPhone's 'most sophisticated' badge for a while.
    Pantech (south korean manufacturer) already has a fingerprint scanner on its Vega LTE-A IM-A880S. (it's. Only available in south korea though)
    The Z30 will also compete with sony's Honami aka xperia i1 which packs similar specs to the G2 plus a 20mp camera.
    So far the Z30 is just another 5" phone competing against juggernauts. Oh and if bbos10 isn't resource hungry, why does it need 2 gigs of ram to run?
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, bb needs a defining feature(think bbm like back in the day).
    Sent from my LT28h using Tapatalk 2
    JR A likes this.
    08-07-13 05:21 PM

How about this for once stop speculating on rumors .. reserve your judgement when the phone releases
    That website is such a joke though. All they do is kiss BlackBerry's rear and post hyperbole nonsense. They don't even try to hide their bias towards BlackBerry and will happily post incorrect information just to get BlackBerry's fanboys to share it. Which you just did. Haha so I guess it is working out for them.

But yeah, no keep dreaming the phone has 2GB of ram.
    08-07-13 05:32 PM
    Android manufacturers have to compete in the spec race as they have no other way to differentiate their products except for their crapware.

I have and use Android but I just like BB10 better which is already fluid and smooth on z10 hardware. Lets put them side by side and see the difference in doing common tasks and then we can make a fair judgement.
    Last edited by matt4pack; 08-07-13 at 06:07 PM.
    08-07-13 05:32 PM
    The Z30? I'd agree.

The G2? You are crazy. Android flagship models are flying off of shelves.
    *yawn* Optimus G was a flop. Specs were cutting edge when it was announced
    08-07-13 05:37 PM
    This guy gets it.
    That's not what you said at all..
    08-07-13 05:54 PM
    Can someone choose to buy a Z30 over an iPhone 5S? Can someone buy and iPhone 5S over the Z30?The answer to both is YES. Just because they have different screen sizes doesn't mean they won't compete against each other.

You do realize when the iPhone 5S comes out it will be direct compition for the GS4, LG 2 and HTC One. The iPhone is very relavent when talking about smartphone compition.
    The IP5 is relevant but more to the Z10 (know how well that worked out) not this new device. The A whatever is competing on size vs bigger screens thus my distinction.
    08-07-13 05:57 PM
    Is the Z30 specs confirmed?... that's all I'd like to know

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 06:05 PM
    Android manufacturers have to compete in the spec race as they have no other way to differentiate their products except for their crapware.

I have and use Android but I just like BB10 better which is already fluid and smooth on z10 hardware. Lets put them side by side and see the difference in doing common tasks and then we can make a fair judgement.
    Why don't you volunteer and do that for us in a video?
    08-07-13 06:09 PM
    As I've said here before, LG was a company that was struggling, much like BlackBerry is. LG went to the drawing board and started popping out great devices. BlackBerry still hasn't done that. LG just posted a record breaking quarter for smartphone shipments. They shipped 12.1 million smartphones last quarter. That is their best quarter ever. The trend for LG is upward, the trend for BlackBerry is downwards. Both companies have been struggling, but they don't act anything like each other.

LG was struggling, so they made the LG Optimus G, a industry-leading device at the time of its release. The LG G2 is also a industry-leading smartphone.

BlackBerry IS struggling, so they are going to release that BlackBerry Z30, a device that doesn't even match the now year-old, LG Optimus G. It is like BlackBerry isn't even trying anymore.
    The A10 is really designed for a BlackBerry user who wants a large 5" screen. With this device, users looking to Droid but wanting the bb10 UX can justify staying. It is my opinion that a high spec device will not attract Droid users are accustomed to a complete ecosystem.
    08-07-13 06:17 PM
    And were have we heard that before

Posted via CB10
    Just few hours.

When i buy a phone, of course I'm going to check these:

-price
    -quality (durability)
    - ability (features)
    -flexibility (customization)
    - hardware spec
    - accessibility
    - Reliability

I don't know if everyone does the same.

Now... compare the A10 and that LG 2.0
    And tell me whats on your mind.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 06:32 PM
    People that are so caught up in the spec war literally make me laugh out loud. Sure, it's a great marketing tool, but it's not the most telling thing in the world. Absolute idiocy.

I have a core i7 desktop downstairs, it's overclocked to 4.4ghz, has 16gb of ram, 2 radeon 6970 graphics cards, and a 24 inch LCD (down from 2).

I have a core i5 laptop sitting here. It's stock clock is 2.3ghz. It has 4gb of ram, a single nVidia Geforce 430m graphics chip, on a 15.6 inch display.

I should constantly be on my desktop, because it has way better specs, right? Wrong.

The laptop does the majority of the things I do on my desktop just as fast. Web browsing, flash games, facebook, CB, sideloading bars, etc. I don't need the power of my desktop unless I feel like playing a game - which I rarely do anymore. There's not a need for inflated hardware numbers just yet, what really benefits from them? A stupid 3D game on a touch screen? Please. Put a 10 core 6 ghz cpu in an android device, and your web browsing/sms/email/facebook management is going to be just as fast as it was on a dual core 1.5 ghz cpu. Put a 10 core 6ghz cpu in a BB10 device? You'll still be able to swipe to unlock, and you'll still be limited in what android applications you run - and how fast, by the emulation of the runtime. I feel like the human is limiting the hardware, not the other way around. You're only able to do so many things, as a human, at a time. Being able to go to all my notifications and sharing things quickly is huge. Much more fluid than anything.

For me? The ability to quickly do what I want to do on my phone (read above), is paramount to me. I'm selling a Galaxy S4 right now, the thing doesn't impress me. Sure, it blows the Z10 out of the water in boot time, but that's really the only impressive thing about it, and IT'S NOT BECAUSE OF THE HARDWARE...

Trust me - I've been hardware spec and bragging right oriented all my life. I don't feel like blackberry is entirely in the wrong for not putting 200 core CPU's and 12TB of memory in these things.
    08-07-13 06:36 PM
    ThIs latest danger thing needs to stop a phoen comes out everyday with better specs than even samsung devices threads labeled like this may need to be deleted you will be posting this type of thing every year when qualcomm release some new magical processor better than last one.You cant keep beiliving these things.

Anyway its a good phone internals are irrelevant android does'nt need or make full uses of the spec ghz quadcore etc .Now whats awesome about this phone is the size 5.2 very nice.Ips LCD excellent ,cam good.The design aint bad its hilarious to see samsung get credited for a design that BB made years ago with Bold phones but hey.

Softwares android meh laggy and not visually good to look at.Minus the the back buttons and having no grip this is who BB should be following in 5 inch+ phone designs instead of following poor amoled and samsungs ways.I'll be back for 2nd gen Z31 hopefully its more in line with LG2 design add that 5.2 is great I liked the 5.5 g pro size but this g2 is good ,good stuff..
    Last edited by RECOOL; 08-08-13 at 03:24 PM.
    AnandTaipan likes this.
    08-07-13 06:39 PM
    *yawn* Optimus G was a flop. Specs were cutting edge when it was announced
    I don't know if you know, but LG hit a record of 12.1 million smartphone shipped or sold. Not sure which. But even then, I have a buddies that have the LG Optimus G. Battery life is good, lasts about 2 days, and the phones specs are good, runs Android, OS doesn't lag, they're doing good.
    08-07-13 06:39 PM
    If it flops its because people are buying the other hero phones, GS4 or HTC One or the new Iphone X
    Hero phones? Lol

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 06:44 PM
    I think some people in this thread are mistaking me for only speaking of the specs. It's the OS as well. The ecosystem. The specs are just the butter, and these specs show that BB is continuing to just be "also ran" in that regard while offering arguably the 4th best ecosystem in the smart phone market behind even Windows Phone.
    Except for the camera, Nokia's new flagship 1020 is the same spec as the Z30. I gather the new LG will kill them, too.

From the awesome PHYSICAL keyboard of my Q10
    08-07-13 06:45 PM
    I don't know if you know, but LG hit a record of 12.1 million smartphone shipped or sold. Not sure which. But even then, I have a buddies that have the LG Optimus G. Battery life is good, lasts about 2 days, and the phones specs are good, runs Android, OS doesn't lag, they're doing good.
    Shipped. What was the sell through for the Optimus G specifically. Let me know what you find..
    08-07-13 07:03 PM
151 12345 ...