Too late. Lol... BlackBerry is already killed by LG's design.

Posted via CB10
    And were have we heard that before

Posted via CB10
    earlym and damien kupuku like this.
    08-07-13 03:12 PM
    Apple has custom specs... their OS is customized for their hardware.
    How is it any different with BlackBerry? Their OS is customized for their hardware.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 03:15 PM
    Rich, considering the number of threads of BB10 users wanting 10.2 with 4.2 Android Runtime.

Google specializes in putting crap out there. Nothing new. Every Google app except search left me disappointed.
    08-07-13 03:24 PM
    Hi Troll! How are you? So sad to see a critter with so little else to do. Have a good one!
    O....kay.
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    08-07-13 03:28 PM
    Apple has custom specs... their OS is customized for their hardware.

The z30 isn't competing w/ the iPhone, its competing against the GS4, HTC and the new LG 2... please leave Apple out of the convo until they get into the +4.7" screen size convo.
    Can someone choose to buy a Z30 over an iPhone 5S? Can someone buy and iPhone 5S over the Z30?The answer to both is YES. Just because they have different screen sizes doesn't mean they won't compete against each other.

You do realize when the iPhone 5S comes out it will be direct compition for the GS4, LG 2 and HTC One. The iPhone is very relavent when talking about smartphone compition.
    08-07-13 03:32 PM
    Lately, I have seen a lot of 5"+ smartphones in the wild (especially Note II & S4). Z30 will ride this trend. However, I don't see it selling in the numbers that BB needs to succeed due to inferior ecosystem to Google Play. Question is, when will Apple launch a 5"+ phone?

LG finally makes the G2 official | Android Central

I mean seriously. What else needs to be said? What is BB thinking??

The Z30/A10 better be like $100 cheaper than this on contract.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-07-13 03:32 PM

Android players focus on the hardware like the computer maker.
    08-07-13 03:39 PM

The really question is can they beat Samsung S4? They have the sales and the profits. LG does not. Samsung started this value approach to the smartphones. (I am giving more value than other smartphones out there) It works for people look at specifications. They still need pour in billions in marketing worldwide to make it successful.
    08-07-13 03:44 PM
    The Z30? I'd agree.

The G2? You are crazy. Android flagship models are flying off of shelves.
    Android phones are selling not because of exaggerated
    specs. It's because Android os is cheap. Android OEMS get their licences gratis. To differentiate from each other they wage a spec war. HTC is tanking despite their One flagship. LG is hardly a high end manufacturer, so we'll see how well their effort sells in a market inhabited by a Kronos (Samsung). Going forward the mobile market is an os shoot out not a spec war.
    Don't buy the marketing of the OEMS camera quality is all down to software interpolation not megapixels. As for screen resolution even with 6/4 vision you won't differentiate a screen resolution above 300 dpi so what is the point of 1080p resolution on a 5 inch screen?
    damien kupuku likes this.
    08-07-13 03:44 PM
    blackberry has no buttons this has buttons on the back i cant see it catching on pressing the back of the phone to go home .... lol
    08-07-13 03:48 PM
    In all honesty, BB's phones should have launched with "larger than life" specs that makes the industry stand up and take note. Z10 is a bit par (to under par) when it comes to flagship smartphones. Now, if the hardware is upgraded in two years, anything is possible. But, specs alone don't make a pleasurable phone experience.

My money is STILL on BB!

Go BB!
    08-07-13 03:49 PM
    So just because you think they are the market leader, they are welcome to put out crap on a stick? That's how mediocrity becomes the norm.

Posted via CB10
    I use both the Z10 and Q10. I have an iPhone and. GS4 also. Re iPhone I think Apple just doesnt think of the normal man on the street. The latest phone had a different charge pin and with that they should have realised a host of accessories sold all this while will require an adaptor. Right from phone chargers to speakers (I have a Bos system which cannot be used with the iPhone5. This is pure arrogance and no regard to customer needs. The market is now flooded with the new accessory being the adaptor for the new pin! Then what is the purpose of the new charging pin at all? I think all phone manufacturers should use a global standardised pin. Then accessories can be used interchangebly. And to me having used most of the systems the BlackBerry stays closest to my heart and needs. The other phones I have are additional units I get when I renew my yearly contracts for my SIMs in other countries which I frequent on business and personal matters. I use them and try to get to used to the system there. Two weeks later BlackBerry draws me back!

Posted via CB10
    steakman911 likes this.
    08-07-13 03:50 PM
    I think some people in this thread are mistaking me for only speaking of the specs. It's the OS as well. The ecosystem. The specs are just the butter, and these specs show that BB is continuing to just be "also ran" in that regard while offering arguably the 4th best ecosystem in the smart phone market behind even Windows Phone.
    08-07-13 03:54 PM
    Why do people keep perpetuating this myth? Android OS is not free for OEMs.

Microsoft collects royalties:
    Microsoft could generate $8.8 billion annually from Android royalties by 2017

specs. It's because Android os is cheap. Android OEMS get their licences gratis
    gatorboi352 and Blacklatino like this.
    08-07-13 03:54 PM
    You know what really gets my dandruff up is num nuts and threads like this! I mean seriously, if you don't like BBs and think they are going to flop, or fall on their face then do us a favor, leave! I can bet anything that the droid and apple threads have no one crying like little girls. All it seems these days on CB is nothing but sniveling cry babies, I'm sure when Kevin, first started this it was not met to be like this, but then he jumped ship too. You people make me want to puke! What happen to real people who had backbone?

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 03:57 PM
    specs. It's because Android os is cheap. Android OEMS get their licences gratis. To differentiate from each other they wage a spec war. HTC is tanking despite their One flagship. LG is hardly a high end manufacturer, so we'll see how well their effort sells in a market inhabited by a Kronos (Samsung). Going forward the mobile market is an os shoot out not a spec war.
    Don't buy the marketing of the OEMS camera quality is all down to software interpolation not megapixels. As for screen resolution even with 6/4 vision you won't differentiate a screen resolution above 300 dpi so what is the point of 1080p resolution on a 5 inch screen?
    True. Compare apples with apples. Smartphones like BlackBerry Q10 need to be compared with likes of iPhone5, GS4, etc. Not the other lower priced systems as they are in the same league. Yes one would say why pay more when you can get the same for less price. Sorry mate, they are not in the same league with the same deliverables and quality. I had a colleague who purchased a Nokia at half the price of BlackBerry and claimed it served all of his needs. Three weeks later he was bitterly complaining about it becoming overheated and hanging all the time! Now he has shifted to Samsung within 6months. What a waste of money..

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 03:58 PM
    You know what really gets my dandruff up is num nuts and threads like this! I mean seriously, if you don't like BBs and think they are going to flop, or fall on their face then do us a favor, leave! I can bet anything that the droid and apple threads have no one crying like little girls. All it seems these days on CB is nothing but sniveling cry babies, I'm sure when Kevin, first started this it was not met to be like this, but then he jumped ship too. You people make me want to puke! What happen to real people who had backbone?

Posted via CB10
    Oh my...
    Moonbase0ne likes this.
    08-07-13 03:59 PM
    I think some people in this thread are mistaking me for only speaking of the specs. It's the OS as well. The ecosystem. The specs are just the butter, and these specs show that BB is continuing to just be "also ran" in that regard while offering arguably the 4th best ecosystem in the smart phone market behind even Windows Phone.
    They are transitioning. Windows through Nokia came out with mid-range phone first. It was on purpose to gain market share. Blackberry is coming out with the high-end then it will become mid-range because of the A10 or Z30. It will drive more sales. They would change to low-end phone to completely transition out from Blackberry OS to QNX next year. There low-end phone is 200 dollars. (You can get smartphone without the data-plan pricing)
    08-07-13 04:00 PM
    It's all perception and perception is reality.

Consumers are very good at telling the market what they want. BlackBerry in turn tries to tell the consumer that they are somehow wrong and they want something else. But no, they tend to pretty much know what they want, and it isn't what BlackBerry is selling.

If customers feel that a 5" screen should be 1080p, and that it needs 4 processors in order to be current, then that is now true. If they feel they need 800K apps to feel like they can get what they want, when they will only download and use 20, then that is now true. If they feel that they still want a large keyboard, even if they have a physical keyboard, then that is also true.

What makes it true is when consumers vote with their dollars. Clearly they want iPhones and Android phones, not BlackBerry phones. Clearly they don't value BlackBerry as a brand they would pay a premium for (at least in North America). And yet BlackBerry puts out phones that 'work well enough' and 'have lots of apps, even if they aren't the big ones' and shout their name with pride when users apologize when they tell their friends they have a BlackBerry, and worst of all, they price their phones as if they should command top dollar.

They immediately need to do one of two things:
    1) Cut the prices of their phones to mid-range Android territory. The new Aristo should be no more than $99 on contract.
    or
    2) Come out with a really cool, really sexy feature that no one else has and can not be copied quickly.

Android gets sales because they are mass market and have cheapo models, and powerhouse phones that appeal to people who like specs or like to tweak.

Apple gets sales because they have the prettiest, slickest phones with features that usually leave their competitors in the dust. They have slowed down recently because they haven't launched a new feature like that in a year. But just watch. I read an article today about why their fingerprint scanner is new, different and will work reliably for thousands of cycles, where current fingerprint tech will not. Samsung will need lots of time to copy that, restoring iPhone's 'most sophisticated' badge for a while.

But where is BlackBerry? The one thing they have that is different is the keyboard. The Q10 attracted some fans based solely on that. But the screen is too small, too low a resolution and is too dark (and yes, I've one extensively). So what do they do now? A slider? A keyboard model with a bigger, brighter, high-res screen? Nope. A giant all-touch phone with old technology in it.

There are some bright spots. BlackBerry is doing a phenomenal job of continuing to develop the OS. With 10.2 that will be three major releases of the OS in one year. Apple and Google don't keep that pace. But then BlackBerry needs to until they are caught up on software and they aren't there yet. They do have a brilliant physical keyboard and lots of people like that still. They have some nice ideas about collecting and presenting information, and they have great security and enterprise integration with Balance. But none of these are enough to catapult them out of the deep trench they've dug for themselves.

If this is all they have to offer, it needs to be a lot cheaper. Or if they want to maintain these prices, they need to give me a reason to use one.

Otherwise, right now, I like to use my Z10 for work, and at the end of the day I go back to my trusty, dependable, all features work, sophisticated, media rich, sleekly designed tons of apps iPhone.
    08-07-13 04:04 PM
    Why do people keep perpetuating this myth? Android OS is not free for OEMs.

Microsoft collects royalties:
    Microsoft could generate $8.8 billion annually from Android royalties by 2017
    What I mean is Google are providing the os at a nominal fee. It would be very interesting if Google suddenly changed policy and started charging a commercial price for the os.
    08-07-13 04:07 PM
    What I will admit is that Apple have raised the bar with a finger print scanner to unlock your phone.
    A very clever selling point, especially if it's difficult to replicate on Android ( read Samsung).
    08-07-13 04:24 PM
    Google is an internet advertising company with a bunch of science projects attached to it. Its only other real business is Motorola Mobility. We all know that business is burning money faster than BlackBerry. Google makes billions off of mobile ads too. So Android is meant to bring more ad revenue. As to how, this is beyond me as I never click on mobile ads. There must be a lot of Pavlov dogs using Android smartphones.

What I mean is Google are providing the os at a nominal fee. It would be very interesting if Google suddenly changed policy and started charging a commercial price for the os.
    Rowan M likes this.
    08-07-13 04:26 PM

wow,,, this is what the a30 should look like w/ the exception of the size,,, put this in a BB 4.7 frame & you've got a winner...
    08-07-13 04:33 PM
    As I've said here before, LG was a company that was struggling, much like BlackBerry is. LG went to the drawing board and started popping out great devices. BlackBerry still hasn't done that. LG just posted a record breaking quarter for smartphone shipments. They shipped 12.1 million smartphones last quarter. That is their best quarter ever. The trend for LG is upward, the trend for BlackBerry is downwards. Both companies have been struggling, but they don't act anything like each other.

LG was struggling, so they made the LG Optimus G, a industry-leading device at the time of its release. The LG G2 is also a industry-leading smartphone.

BlackBerry IS struggling, so they are going to release that BlackBerry Z30, a device that doesn't even match the now year-old, LG Optimus G. It is like BlackBerry isn't even trying anymore.
    Acidwire likes this.
    08-07-13 04:44 PM
    As I've said here before, LG was a company that was struggling, much like BlackBerry is. LG went to the drawing board and started popping out great devices. BlackBerry still hasn't done that. LG just posted a record breaking quarter for smartphone shipments. They shipped 12.1 million smartphones last quarter. That is their best quarter ever. The trend for LG is upward, the trend for BlackBerry is downwards. Both companies have been struggling, but they don't act anything like each other.

LG was struggling, so they made the LG Optimus G, a industry-leading device at the time of its release. The LG G2 is also a industry-leading smartphone.

BlackBerry IS struggling, so they are going to release that BlackBerry Z30, a device that doesn't even match the now year-old, LG Optimus G. It is like BlackBerry isn't even trying anymore.
    Do you realize someone will bring out better specifications?

The article says it: LG G2: We don't need a 'superphone,' we need a superb phone http://www.zdnet.com/lg-g2-we-dont-n...ne-7000019124/
    08-07-13 04:46 PM
151 1234 ...