hey guys,

been having some trouble with my Verizon Z30. It has the text messaging bug where it uses 50% of the battery even though I'm barely texting (goes from 100 - 10% battery in approx 3-4 hours with basically NO usage). So what I wanted to do was to install another OS since this one seems to be a bug (10.2.2xxx official from Verizon).

Here is the problem, when i plug the Z30 into the laptop, it does not connect! The phone shows that it is charging, but the laptop does not detect at all. No "connect" sound comes out from the laptop, and blackberry link doesnt see it. When I go into the drivers, it doesn't even show that anything is plugged in. I thought it may have been the USB port or the cable or the laptop, but it works PERFECT when i plug it into my Q10.

Any ideas why this is and how I can fix it?? I'm in the process of wiping the Z30 now to see if it would help.

EDIT: now I plugged it in and it says device plugged in has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it. Any idea what this means and what I should do?

Thanks!
    11-09-14 08:24 PM
    Try rebooting the phone, and a different cable, if you have one, to see if that is the issue. I've had a similar issue before, and a reboot of the phone and the computer both cleared the problem.
    11-09-14 08:35 PM
    In settings / storage and access/ acces to storage, make sure you choose USB connection connect to windows

For me, the auto detect setting did not work

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 09:24 PM