Hey all, I'm waiting for the q10 to come out but the closer the z10 is getting to Australia I'm thinking of getting it instead, however for some reason i can't justify getting the z10 when the claimed "better" all touch flagship device code named aristo will be out most like a couples months after the z10 anyway? Is anyone else thinking like this? Just don't exactly wanna have a z10 for 6 months then a better model comes out only to give me that "outdated/obsolete" feeling we all hate. (Of course the z10 won't actually be outdated/obsolete but i use the term in the sense of having the latest and greatest device from the brand we love!)
    Maybe people who have had the z10 since day one could justify it but i just don't see people who had to wait so long like Australia and the US wanting this device when the aristo is "around the corner" as such?
    03-10-13 07:53 AM
    Then you will never get a new phone.

If you want to experience BB10 now then get the Z10.

If you can wait then wait for an unannounced device.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 08:04 AM
    And "better" model is always going to come out soon after you purchase whatever it is that you purchase. Mobile tech is the worst for this.

Aristo has not even been announced yet but you could wait but it could be the latter half of the year before it's(if) even announced. By this time there will probably be rumors of another even better phone so then what do you do? Wait even longer or get the Aristo?

So the question really is does the z10 do what you need and want it to do today? If there is a feature missing that you cannot live without or you are not happy with the performance then wait for the phone that has it all for you, if not then go for it and pull the trigger.

Good luck.
    nickthebold likes this.
    03-10-13 08:09 AM
    Better is always coming.
    03-10-13 09:10 AM
    Its all in size preference. Aristo will be a big phone like a note.

Sent from my game boy color
    03-10-13 09:11 AM
    Just to add to what the others have said, also keep in mind that the rumoured Aritso is phablet size. That might be too big for many.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 09:16 AM
    Z10 is a real device, you can buy now. Aristo is nothing.

Posted via CB10
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    03-10-13 10:32 AM
    If you wanna wait for something that was leaked from a sheet and probably won't even be announced soon, go ahead and good luck. On the other hand, I wonder why you'd even think of waiting. What do you expect to find in the Aristo compared to the Z10? At this point, there's nothing to compare really. The Z10 is found to be snappy enough, so why wait for better specs? And all you've heard about the Aristo are rumors anyways.
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    03-10-13 10:36 AM
    There is aways something faster down the line. That being said it isn't the same size. There are some that would be on the fence but most would be on one side or the other.

I have a 9810 and wanted a slider to keep the physical keyboard and have a decent size screen. They are not giving me that option so I'm going for screen and will have a Z10 soon. Even though I want a big screen I don't want one as big as the Aristotle.

James
    03-10-13 10:56 AM
    Why don't you just buy the Z10 now and sell it when the Aristo is actually out and suits your liking?
    03-10-13 10:59 AM
    As others have said - z10 is here now and at any given time there will be something better coming. New devices are in development before 'older' are even released. When you buy a car do you wait for the next year's model because it will be better?

I bought Z10 because it does wonderfully what I need it to do. Aristotle won't change what Z10 can do - it will continue to make me happy unless i change my mind. And if I do, I'll have to figure out at that time what it will be. Maybe Z10 will still be better for me because it better fits that pocket, for example and i need nothing else new in Aristo?

I also bought Z10 simply because I wanted to have the first device of this wonderful new generation. Yes, I have a PlayBook too and they are both "firsts" in their own right.

Finally, I will have had at least a few months of head start in using and perhaps developing for the new OS. That may be valuable in the long run, not to mention that I have something to show off right now

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 11:09 AM
    Aristo is "around the corner".
    Nuff said.
    03-10-13 11:12 AM
    Aristo is "around the corner".
    Nuff said.
    So is the Z11, and then the Aristo 2, and then the Z12, and the Aristo 3 and then and then????

Might as well wait, cause there is never an end in sight to future launches, regardless of what platform you are on.
    testement likes this.
    03-10-13 11:22 AM
    Waiting for a magic phone that we only heard about through a questionable leaked slide is one of the stupidest things that keeps getting repeated lately.

You might as well be waiting for a unicorn.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 11:23 AM
    So is the Z11, and then the Aristo 2, and then the Z12, and the Aristo 3 and then and then????

Might as well wait, cause there is never an end in sight to future launches, regardless of what platform you are on.
    But Aristo is coming "Soon"...
    03-10-13 11:39 AM
    But Aristo is coming "Soon"...
    Why wait for a bigger phone? I almost prefer the Z10 to my PB as it is both better and faster.
    03-10-13 11:48 AM
    I doubt if there will be any more flagship phones launched this year.

They can't afford to launch a phone that cannibalized the Z10 just 3 months after its launch.

A cheaper version of the Z10, sure... that makes sense for a lot of price sensitive markets...

I could be wrong though, Thor might just go and one up apple when they launch the IPhone 5s... now that will be interesting to watch...

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 11:50 AM
    I'm gonna wait for the Aristo 2
    03-10-13 11:58 AM
    Its all in size preference. Aristo will be a big phone like a note.

Sent from my game boy color
    ^ This

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 12:24 PM
    The aristo is not Note territory. It's between 4.65 to 4.8. That's S3 territory.

And it's not around the corner. There isn't even any official info on its hardware. Normally we see real hardware specs several months before the release.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 05:25 PM
    Waiting for a magic phone that we only heard about through a questionable leaked slide is one of the stupidest things that keeps getting repeated lately.

You might as well be waiting for a unicorn.

Posted via CB10
    + 1. The Aristo at this point is just an unconfirmed leak and not even an official announcement. There is no indication as to when or if this device will even be launched.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 05:38 PM
    The Aristo has not been officially announced... so what makes you think it will be better than the BB10z????? Just because something is bigger and specs better... it does not automatically follow that it is better.... as others have said... if you are waiting for the next "best thing" in anything... you will buy nothing... because something better is always around the corner... such is consumerism.....
    03-10-13 07:53 PM
    Aristotle? I thought it was Aristocrat.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 08:17 PM
    Anything is possible which is why I would be happier if BB were honest enough to provide a model release schedule with approx dates. At present it Just seems BB are just flogging as many Z10s to survive. I want a Q10 and wont be forced into accepting a compromise. Is the Aristo still going to happen? I wonder. Should I wait until my birthday for the BlackBerry I want. If it hasnt come by then.........?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    03-10-13 08:29 PM
    There is always a new better phone on the horizon no matter how long you wait.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 09:56 PM
34 12