I was getting depressed. My beloved Blackberry was on skid row and it all looked as though it was going to go sour.

I toyed with the idea of jumping ship and at Christmas I bought myself an iPad mini. It is a nice piece of kit, but it just made me realize how darned amazing Blackberry 10 is. All of this pressing on that silly button made my finger hurt, and what's with the four finger swiping up motion to get a carousel of what apps you have open.

I missed the total fluidity of the BB10 experience. I missed the active frames. I missed the ability to get to my messages in the blink of an eye. I missed the amazing keyboard as the one on the iPad is well - to put it politely - archaic.

So I figured maybe I should go down the Android route. I checked out the Samsung's and had a play with a Sony. Nice kit I have to confess, but still lacked the fluidity of BB10.

So then the 10.2.1 update comes out. I install it and I realize just how much I love my Z10 and how I just couldn't move to an iPhone or an Android. In fact, I realize I love it so much I'm going to take the plunge so on Wednesday - the day after 10.2.1 comes out - I order and unlocked Z30, which arrived today.

I boy am I seriously ANNOYED!!!!!!!!!

What was I doing wasting my time even looking at iOS and Droid. BB10 is quite simply in a different league as far as sheer usability is concerned. Okay, you might need to be a little more technical than your average chimpanzee when it comes to learning how to swipe up and across to see your mail (that is a seriously advanced gesture, right?), but if you take the time to get to know BB10 it is full of surprises.

And as for the Z30 - what can I say? It is an unbelievably amazingly awesome phone (and I could include a lot more adjectives).

Why on earth aren't these phones selling like hot-cakes. I feel so sorry for all the circular button pushers of the world. They really don't know what they're missing out on.

Sorry for my musing, but I just had to share my first impressions of the Z30 with the world.
    01-31-14 03:40 PM
    Glad to hear you found a device you love. May I just ask how you found the size difference between the Z10 and Z30?

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 03:50 PM
    I just love my amazing Z30 10.2.1 brings those little things that just make it untouchable in my view. I too bought mine outright as I didn't want carrier involvement. When coupled with Link it is, in my view, the most secure of phones. I cannot connect to cloud storage for security reasons.
    Enjoy your new phone.
    01-31-14 04:25 PM
    I'm patiently awaiting the arrival of my Z30, having also upgraded from the Z10. Can't wait!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 04:26 PM
    I just did 2 days ago. You're going to love it. It's really nice.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 05:08 PM
    Side load SNAP and prepare to love BB10.2.1 even more.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 05:29 PM
    I have a z30 with 10.2.1 and I must say this phone is the best in the market. I have no idea why people aren't snapping them all up. It must be because people just don't know how great they are. I don't know if that's the advertising departments fault at BlackBerry or not. But it certainly is a shame.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 05:42 PM
    I was getting depressed. My beloved Blackberry was on skid row and it all looked as though it was going to go sour.

I toyed with the idea of jumping ship and at Christmas I bought myself an iPad mini. It is a nice piece of kit, but it just made me realize how darned amazing Blackberry 10 is. All of this pressing on that silly button made my finger hurt, and what's with the four finger swiping up motion to get a carousel of what apps you have open.

I missed the total fluidity of the BB10 experience. I missed the active frames. I missed the ability to get to my messages in the blink of an eye. I missed the amazing keyboard as the one on the iPad is well - to put it politely - archaic.

So I figured maybe I should go down the Android route. I checked out the Samsung's and had a play with a Sony. Nice kit I have to confess, but still lacked the fluidity of BB10.

So then the 10.2.1 update comes out. I install it and I realize just how much I love my Z10 and how I just couldn't move to an iPhone or an Android. In fact, I realize I love it so much I'm going to take the plunge so on Wednesday - the day after 10.2.1 comes out - I order and unlocked Z30, which arrived today.

I boy am I seriously ANNOYED!!!!!!!!!

What was I doing wasting my time even looking at iOS and Droid. BB10 is quite simply in a different league as far as sheer usability is concerned. Okay, you might need to be a little more technical than your average chimpanzee when it comes to learning how to swipe up and across to see your mail (that is a seriously advanced gesture, right?), but if you take the time to get to know BB10 it is full of surprises.

And as for the Z30 - what can I say? It is an unbelievably amazingly awesome phone (and I could include a lot more adjectives).

Why on earth aren't these phones selling like hot-cakes. I feel so sorry for all the circular button pushers of the world. They really don't know what they're missing out on.

Sorry for my musing, but I just had to share my first impressions of the Z30 with the world.
    Did the exact same thing...mine all went down on Monday so loaded the leak side loaded Snap next thing you know official OS is released the next day...its been a whirlwind of a week.

Welcome to team Z30. Blackbery's forever!

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    01-31-14 05:45 PM
    I had almost the exact experience.

Dusted off my Z10 when 10.2.1 dropped and 10 hours later I was signing up with Verizon.

Z30 arrived today.

Already missing 10.2.1!

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    01-31-14 05:59 PM
    Same here, just got a Z30 for my wife.. we went to the shop fully prepared to get the S4, but she liked the Z30 after trying both which was really surprising because she never liked BlackBerry much.
    It's so much better than the Z10, but I will probably wait for the next flagship to launch for my upgrade.
    For those of you on the fence whether to buy the Z30 of not, this is an amazing phone with a great battery life.

The shop guy also said that only 8 Z30s have been sold by them so far in Bangalore. But was smart enough to put a nice twist to it saying she will be the 9th person in the whole city and she was convinced

Posted via CB10
    DawnMills likes this.
    01-31-14 09:13 PM
    HAHAHA u got an ipad mini... might aswell just burn money in the fireplace more useful.
    01-31-14 09:20 PM
    As a Q10 owner im gonna wait for the Q30 or if the Z50 is amazing i might jump ship from qwerty ahhhhh but i dunno if i can ever.
    01-31-14 09:23 PM
    I am shocked at how perfect this phone is (except the vol keys though they're not bad)... I just jumped ship from android albeit a great device but I needed something different and so far no regrets. I love this phone!

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 09:27 PM
    Glad to hear you found a device you love. May I just ask how you found the size difference between the Z10 and Z30?

Posted via CB10
    I'm wondering too about the difference in size!
    01-31-14 09:37 PM
    I'm thinking about switching too and was wondering how the data migration was between the z10 and z30. We're you able to back up from one and restore on the other? Was link effective or did all of your apps and settings need to be redone? Are you using bes10? Thanks for any insights!

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 01:07 AM
    Yes, you should be able to back up the z10 and migrate to z30 easily - I did. Just make sure the OS versions are the same or the new device OS is a higher version.
    02-02-14 01:48 AM
    I'm thinking about switching too and was wondering how the data migration was between the z10 and z30. We're you able to back up from one and restore on the other? Was link effective or did all of your apps and settings need to be redone? Are you using bes10? Thanks for any insights!

Posted via CB10
    I did it and did it through link... it worked flawlessly... had my Z30 for a few months now and just missing the 10.2.1 from Vodafone UK... can't wait to ditch the Note 3 which is my backup device... I see two Z30's in my near future!!

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 02:21 AM
    Yes, you should be able to back up the z10 and migrate to z30 easily - I did. Just make sure the OS versions are the same or the new device OS is a higher version.
    Great, thank you!

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 08:13 AM
    I used my z10 for a week then when I got home yesterday fired up the Z30 and loaded up 10.2.1 and all I can say is WOW... I have an iPhone 5s and an IPad 4...the Z30 just so far ahead in my eyes...glad to see others happy as well!!

Sent flawlessly from my Z30!
    02-02-14 08:51 AM
    I just did the same thing moving from a LE Z10 to Z30 and the Z30 is pretty dam awesome. Can't wait to see what BB has in stock for 10.3...
    02-04-14 10:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    so long as the OS version on your Z10 is not higher than that on the Z30....data migration should be a breeze

i will advise you just move over irreplaceable items like text messages and call logs...forget the apps and reinstall from BB World. docs, pics and video files can be manually transferred using the SD Card
    02-05-14 12:02 AM