I've just switched from my old q10 to this new z30, and im loving it! the keyboard isnt as nice and i keep slipping up when i type, but im loving this screen and the speakers! I used the restore from backup option and everything is working great! Even the android apps and games transfered over! woth the exception of snap, everything ported over! its amazing!

Posted via CB10
    R Field likes this.
    11-06-14 09:49 PM
    You will really enjoy your Z30! I've come from the Bold 9780 to the Z10 for a year and a half and now the Z30. Loved my Z10, but the Z30 just seems to be a step above.
    The change for you is obviously coming from the physical keyboard to a full touch, takes a few days to get going but eventually won't be any issue. I haven't used a physical keyboard in 2 years and don't miss it all that much, but the PASSPORT might change that! Lol
    Speakers, battery,and screen size are all huge upgrades from the Q10. Enjoy!

Via The BlackBerry Z30 experience!
    11-07-14 12:21 AM
    I too came from a Q10 to Z30 & yes its a nice upgrade

On Z30
    11-07-14 02:12 AM
    Just ordered my z30 & been on my q10 since the day it came out so this thread was of interest to me. I love the keyboard on this q10 to give up on it so I see myself going back & forth between the q & z.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 02:43 AM
    I also is due for an upgrade, since my move from a Bold 9700, to Z10.
    The reviews when comparing the Z10 - Z30 all differ, but a something all point out is the screen brightness of the Z30 that is lower than that of the Z10. I would like better speakers and battery life and a bit more screen real estate, but is the screen brightness such a big issue to post pone my upgrade ?
    The Passport seems to be a great phone, but not an option.
    The Z3 is priced correctly in South Africa, but going from a Z10, its seems/feels like taking a step backwards...

Is there someone that could advise or should I wait for the magical Z50 ?
    What do you guys think ?

B.T.W. The 10.3.1 is awesome, bar some small bugs !
    Go Blackberry !
    11-07-14 03:15 AM
    My history is that I went from the 9810, to the Z10, and quite liked the OS, screen, but wished the battery was better. I missed the PKB, so moved to the Q10. I have enjoyed this device for the last 8 months, but my aging eyes are demanding a bigger screen, or full time reading glasses. (lets go for the screen, as I also want the z30! I enjoyed the VKB much better than the android or IOS keyboards I have used in the past, and was quite quick, once the keyboard "learned" my writing style. I anticipate much more of the same on my new 30.
    11-07-14 05:01 AM
    I love the Z30! Just switched from a Torch about two days ago and am amazed about the difference in the phones. Not only the great screen size, but the apps are better and the phone features are great! All the people that have seen the phone so far can't belive it's a Blackberry. Love the full touchscreen and I'm getting used to the predictive typing. Not only that, my Torch was 3G, so to go to a 4G LTE phone is incredible. Way to go Blackberry
    11-07-14 05:47 AM
    I have a Z30, but I really want to get a Q10 as well. I love the Z, but I desperately miss a qwerty keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 09:15 AM
    Three months on my Z30 and loving it. Came over from the Q10 after three consecutive Q10s all developed the keyboard/double typing issue. It didn't take me long to adapt to the Z30 typing at all. LOVE this device!
    11-07-14 12:16 PM
    I'm thinking of going the opposite way. I've had my 30 since the spring and have been really thinking about getting a Q10. I'm thinking I would love the portability of it an do course, the keyboard.

If I could pick one up super cheap, I probably would buy one.

Edit: I should also note that I had a Z10 before the Z30 and I loved the Z10 as well. I guess I just wanna try all the bb10 phones. Lol

Via CBZ30 10.3.1.632
    Last edited by JWWDUKE; 11-07-14 at 02:20 PM.
    jakie55 likes this.
    11-07-14 12:32 PM
    I really enjoy z10 to z30....
    have fun yall!

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 12:35 PM
    Go z30 man! I've never noticed the amoled can be difficult to see in bright light at times, but it's better overall, deeper blacks are awesome!

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 05:36 PM
    I'm thinking of going the opposite way. I've had my 30 since the spring and have been really thinking about getting a Q10. I'm thinking I would love the portability of it an do course, the keyboard.

If I could pick one up super cheap, I probably would buy one.

Edit: I should also note that I had a Z10 before the Z30 and I loved the Z10 as well. I guess I just wanna try all the bb10 phones. Lol

Via CBZ30 10.3.1.632
    Looking back at my q10 I have no idea how I used something with a screen that small lol. I'd advise you not to get the q and just wait another month to get the classic, same keyboard( supposedly with double typing fixed) with a trackpad and a larger screen and battery. You can't go wrong with that!

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 05:39 PM
    Looking back at my q10 I have no idea how I used something with a screen that small lol. I'd advise you not to get the q and just wait another month to get the classic, same keyboard( supposedly with double typing fixed) with a trackpad and a larger screen and battery. You can't go wrong with that!

Posted via CB10

Oh I'm not really all that serious about getting a new phone at all. I'm very happy with my Z30. If I find a really cheap Q, I will buy it.

I'm sure the classic will be a great device but I'm looking to spend very little money. For instance, I missed a Q10 locally yesterday for $90.

Via CBZ30 10.3.1.632
    11-07-14 06:21 PM
    I have a Z30, but I really want to get a Q10 as well. I love the Z, but I desperately miss a qwerty keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Get yourself a Passport! I'm loving mine, and that's after owning both the Z30 and the Z10!!
    11-07-14 07:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    From what I heard (or read) the keyboard on the Classic is a lil wider which would make it a even better keyboard than the Q10.
    I have been a Q10 user since the day it came out on Verizon (& love it) but I recently bought a Z30 & have been using it for about a week. I can say so far it's a great experience but I find myself at times missing the keyboard on the Q10. Glad it's right in my closet for whenever I get that urge. So I say that to say I can't part with either so I guess I'll be switching back & forth between the two.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 09:36 AM
    Oh man are you in for a treat!

You'll get used to the keyboard soon enough and once you realize that the BlackBerry virtual keyboard is the best in the business, there is no way you'll want to sacrifice screen real estate for a physical keyboard ever again.

I moved from a Z10 to a Z30 and I was apprehensive about the phone just be too big to handle but the Z30 design, weight and 5" display are bang on! And battery life.......OMG. Coming from a Z10, this phone is a beast!

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    11-18-14 09:55 AM
    Just upgraded yesterday to the Z30 and the build quality is amazing. This predictive typing takes some getting used to, but I was on my third keyboard in a year on the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 10:05 AM
    Just upgraded yesterday to the Z30 and the build quality is amazing. This predictive typing takes some getting used to, but I was on my third keyboard in a year on the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    Welcome to the club! I did exactly the same about 6 weeks ago. I still have my Q10 as a backup device I had the double typing issue and it's nice not having to worry about it with the Z30's awesome virtual keyboard. I had my doubts about the virtual keyboard at first and found it slower than the physical qwerty on the Q10. But now after some time I'm loving it. The prediction is awesome and typing is very quick for me when I just let it fix the words I didn't get quite right, as opposed to swiping words up (which I find slow and tedious).

It's a phone, I'm not "running it" or "rocking it" I just use it. Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3062
    11-18-14 10:24 AM
    I literally just did the same. I got a Verizon version last week but the battery door was damaged, so for a few days I went back to the Q while waiting for the replacement. Wow...suddenly I found the Q, which had been my favorite phone since it came out, to be really frustrating to use. Today I got the new Z30 and it feels like home. This is the first virtual keyboard device that has finally proved more comfortable than a physical keyboard for me. Z10 was too cramped, but this is just right.

Between that and the huge screen and the battery, it's the perfect phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 01:32 PM
    I also switched from a Q10 back to the Z30, and I'm really enjoying it more this time. The next kb I get will most likely be the Classic, and I will just swap back and forth every now and then.
    11-18-14 06:16 PM
    I've never owned a Q and z10 and z30 were my first BlackBerry ever. If I can get a Q cheap sometime I might pick one up just to try out the keyboard. Z30 is the best phone I've ever had.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 06:25 PM
    I've just switched from my old q10 to this new z30, and im loving it! the keyboard isnt as nice and i keep slipping up when i type, but im loving this screen and the speakers! I used the restore from backup option and everything is working great! Even the android apps and games transfered over! woth the exception of snap, everything ported over! its amazing!

Posted via CB10
    I am in the process of trying to give my Verizon Z30 to a family member and was wondering if you used Link or the Device Switch app? From what you wrote it sounds like Link. I'm asking because I need almost everything compatible to transfer as I had to set up both of my parents Z10s including settings.

They both came from iOS and are not very tech savvy. Anyway, if you did use Link or the Device Switch app, did your settings transfer as well? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hope you enjoy the Z30! Definitely a solid device. Never used a Q10 to compare, but you must be loving the screen!

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 01:29 AM
    I went from iPhone 5 to z30. I'll never look back!

BlackBerry z30 FTW
    11-19-14 05:04 AM
    I went from iPhone 5 to z30. I'll never look back!

BlackBerry z30 FTW
    Good to hear. I have the iPhone 5 and am waiting for the classic but if it's not what I want, then it will be the z30.
    11-19-14 10:44 AM
28 12