Love my z10 with the leaked 10.3.1 . . love my Droid Maxx for the screen size . . Finally got a deal on a Z30 so I can have the best of both worlds!

Have loved reading the comments of many of you for quite a while singing the praises of your Z30 . . Can't wait to "Join the most exclusive club in mobile" as one forum member always puts it ;-)
    03-07-15 12:13 PM
    Love my z10 with the leaked 10.3.1 . . love my Droid Maxx for the screen size . . Finally got a deal on a Z30 so I can have the best of both worlds!

Have loved reading the comments of many of you for quite a while singing the praises of your Z30 . . Can't wait to "Join the most exclusive club in mobile" as one forum member always puts it ;-)
    Congrats! Read some of my posts if you want to be reminded of some of the many great features it has!
    revtech likes this.
    03-07-15 12:18 PM
    Congrats! I had both and must say the Z30 is definitely a step up. I couldn't go back to my Z10 after I've got my Z30. I'm sure you'll be happy with it.
    revtech likes this.
    03-07-15 12:24 PM

Also, remember that the Verizon version supports Qi (wireless) charging. Nice feature.
    revtech likes this.
    03-07-15 12:28 PM

Last week I almost decided to pick up a barely used one as a backup. But did not jump on it. I might still consider it now that BB/Chen has announced no new full touchscreen devices. Never can have too much redundancy - ask my friend who keeps counting my cross-country/Telemark ski collection!!!!
    revtech likes this.
    03-07-15 12:51 PM
    Last week I almost decided to pick up a barely used one as a backup. But did not jump on it. I might still consider it now that BB/Chen has announced no new full touchscreen devices. Never can have too much redundancy - ask my friend who keeps counting my cross-country/Telemark ski collection!!!!
    That's one of the factors that led to my decision, when nothing more compelling was announced it pushed me along a little

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    FF22 likes this.
    03-07-15 01:48 PM
    Plus a million.

Posted from a Z30. Get one!
    revtech likes this.
    03-07-15 02:02 PM
    The z30 is still one of the best devices around even right now don't be fooled by the competition the OS is better than android and ios and the beauty about it is you can find them for cheap if you look around

Posted from deep in the Amazon jungle
    revtech likes this.
    03-07-15 05:23 PM
    The only thing I'm not excited about is losing my pin number, I really liked it and was easy to remember.

Also, really getting nervous about how many z30 problem threads are showing up in the last few days. . Hopefully not widespread.. . .

Posted via CB10
    Nayalm likes this.
    03-09-15 06:17 AM
    The only thing I'm not excited about is losing my pin number, I really liked it and was easy to remember.

Also, really getting nervous about how many z30 problem threads are showing up in the last few days. . Hopefully not widespread.. . .

Posted via CB10
    Why would you lose your PIN? Your BlackBerry PIN is unique and follows you from phone to phone, you just have to remember what it is.

And don't worry, a lot of the threads popping up are people who are having issues yes but issues that can easily be corrected given some time, a computer and a clean wipe of the device. You don't hear all the good about 10.3.1 because the people that have no issues don't chime in.

I've had my Z30 since last October and before that the Z10. The Z30 is by far the best BlackBerry I've owned to date and I've been rocking nothing but BlackBerry's since 2005! Just a fantastic phone that unfortunately came out at the wrong time in BlackBerry's history.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    revtech likes this.
    03-09-15 06:40 AM
    Why would you lose your PIN? Your BlackBerry PIN is unique and follows you from phone to phone, you just have to remember what it is.

And don't worry, a lot of the threads popping up are people who are having issues yes but issues that can easily be corrected given some time, a computer and a clean wipe of the device. You don't hear all the good about 10.3.1 because the people that have no issues don't chime in.

I've had my Z30 since last October and before that the Z10. The Z30 is by far the best BlackBerry I've owned to date and I've been rocking nothing but BlackBerry's since 2005! Just a fantastic phone that unfortunately came out at the wrong time in BlackBerry's history.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    Oooohhh . . that's excellent! I thought the PIN number was device specific . . my bad. Thank you!
    03-09-15 07:41 AM
    Oooohhh . . that's excellent! I thought the PIN number was device specific . . my bad. Thank you!
    It is device specific.
    BionicKris, revtech, q649 and 1 others like this.
    03-09-15 07:45 AM
    BBID can follow between devices. The PIN is unique to the specific phone.

I rarely use the PIN for anything. I just know it is a hexidecimal number (mix of a-f and numbers).
    q649, kbz1960 and revtech like this.
    03-09-15 08:42 AM
    Just never let the battery die on it and you'll be good.
    revtech and q649 like this.
    03-09-15 08:56 AM
    Just never let the battery die on it and you'll be good.
    That's only on 10.3.1 right?

03-09-15 09:12 AM

I'd suggest if it can be avoided with any OS, avoid it. I thought I read a reply to some thread that it happened to someone on an earlier OS, too. But I don't recall the details.

Also, BB phones tend to be "tardy" if they have been totally depleted. That is you can plug it in and there's no signs of life for a while. I recall my Tour took half an hour to show any life, one time I ran it totally empty.
    kbz1960 and revtech like this.
    03-09-15 09:16 AM
    I wouldn't trust it on any OS to date. Probably a coincidence but I had that happen awhile back and it turned out to be my screen which was also odd but I haven't let mine die since!
    revtech likes this.
    03-09-15 09:24 AM
    I have been using mine for about a year now. Still runs like a top. Best phone of any smartphone I've ever had.

Posted via CB10
    TrueKulcha and revtech like this.
    03-09-15 09:39 AM

Its only for 10.3.1 - mine runs around of battery all the time. No issues with recharging it - just like any other phone!!
    revtech likes this.
    03-09-15 09:57 AM
    BBID can follow between devices. The PIN is unique to the specific phone.

I rarely use the PIN for anything. I just know it is a hexidecimal number (mix of a-f and numbers).
    Yup my fault. I meant this ^. The BlackBerry PIN is indeed device specific. But your BlackBerry ID is not.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    revtech likes this.
    03-09-15 12:27 PM
    Well, the "express" part of fed ex didn't come through as scheduled yesterday, hopefully today.
    will be closely following the Verizon Z30 Autoloader for 10.3.1 thread to decide whether 'to do or not to do' . .

Cheers!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-10-15 09:47 AM
    My notification says it's here (at home)! . . Too bad I have meetings tonight . . will definitely be pushing the agenda along a little bit ;-)
    BBZ10wannabe, kbz1960 and FF22 like this.
    03-10-15 03:41 PM
    Well . . . no joy here . . . I plugged it in, charged it up till the light was green, turned it on, squircle got to 100% and stayed there with a blinking red light :-(

03-10-15 08:16 PM
    Well . . . no joy here . . . I plugged it in, charged it up till the light was green, turned it on, squircle got to 100% and stayed there with a blinking red light :-(

I'm sorry, that is not the way to enjoy a new device.

See if you can power if OFF. Then place on charger again.

If all else fails, hook it up to BBLink and see if you can reload the OS.
    revtech likes this.
    03-10-15 09:26 PM
    Tried a bunch of restarts, hard resets, etc . . And yes, currently hooked up to Link and reloading. . hope springs eternal whilst I wait ;-)

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 09:49 PM
52 123