It's a winner! Now if people would just try it.
    If people just KNEW about it! I feel the total absence of advertising and marketing for the Z30 has killed it off at birth, it's so hard to find anywhere that actually sells it.

Posted via CB10 on Z10 STL100-2 on EE, UK - Activated on BES10.2
    12-26-13 06:16 PM
    I thought I would switch between the Z10 and the Z30, but I find that my Z10 just sits at home all the time.
    johnnyuk likes this.
    12-26-13 07:48 PM
    Yes, I had a Z10 which I picked up from (Telstra in Australia) 8 months ago (love it still !) and last time I was in Dubai in November I couldn't resist the urge to pick up a new unlocked Z30 from Jacky's Electronics to use on Etisalat when in Dubai on one of my frequent visits there. The Z10 had the nicest sharpest screen I've seen on a phone for quite a while (iPhone included) I find the Z30 not quite as sharp (pixel count I think) but since it's got a larger screen I tend to fold it a little further from my eyes, so in fact I don't really notice the difference. It's still a extremely nice screen and the Engineering teams at Blackberry have done a fantastic job in designing the Z30. I find the Z30 as everyone else also says, takes the whole "Z" experience up a notch. The larger screen on the Z30 is of course very nice, really good battery life, great email as always, virtual keypad better and does not appear to me to be not as cramped as iPhone, the features on my software version 10.2.0.429 (SAT-100-2) are great, stereo speakers sound really good. All in all, I'm extremely happy with it and can't recommend it high enough. Working fine on 4G on both Etisalat in Dubai and Telstra in Australia. Will test in Philippines, Thailand, Hong Kong and China in coming months for 4G connectivity.

Cheers,

Paul
    jrohland likes this.
    12-27-13 01:22 AM
    Moved the z10's SIM card to the z30.

This was to enable me to see what carried over
    and which functions didn't.

All my contacts went onto the z30 perfectly. They also stayed on my z10. (so, I guess that means the SIM card is a duplicate memory file).

BBM doesn't needs the SIM card. It goes to the phone you say you want it to be on. You can swap back and forth between the two phones. But there's no need to do so.

Many apps say to press cancel because they cannot connect to BBM. Then, they still work perfectly. They work perfectly even though that phone doesn't have BBM. (!)??!) I press cancel and then they work perfectly.

Notifications all still go to my z10. So, they don't need the SIM card or the BBM.

To make notifications go to the z30, I think I would have to sign in again, to each app, from the z30. For now I've not done that. Some apps tell me I'm an unknown entity when I open them from my z30. (e.g. LinkedIn).
    Last edited by Davidro1; 12-27-13 at 10:06 AM.
    12-27-13 09:13 AM
    Moved the z10's SIM card to the z30.

This was to enable me to see what carried over and which functions didn't.

All my contacts went onto the z30 perfectly. They also stayed on my z10. (so, I guess that means the SIM card is a duplicate memory file).
    If you have been storing Contacts on your Sim card in the past then BB10 will show them in the Contacts app by default. Maybe you imported them in to the local Contacts database on the Z10 using the import feature in the settings of the Contacts app on the Z10?

BBM doesn't needs the SIM card. It goes to the phone you say you want it to be on. You can swap back and forth between the two phones. But there's no need to do so.
    BBM goes by the BlackBerry ID you sign in to the phone with during setup (or after if you skipped it). That's how your BBM Contacts, Groups and Channels follow you between devices. Whichever BB10 phone you have signed in on with a particular BlackBerry ID determines the PIN people use to add you to their BBM Contacts.

Many apps say to press cancel because they cannot connect to BBM. Then, they still work perfectly. They work perfectly even though that phone doesn't have BBM. (!)??!) I press cancel and then they work perfectly.
    When you say "doesn't have BBM" do you mean you haven't signed in to BBM (or the phone in general) with a BlackBerry ID?

Notifications all still go to my z10. So, they don't need the SIM card or the BBM.
    BB10 phones only need a SIM card for calls, texts and data while not on WiFi (whilst mobile). Everything else will continue to work through WiFi as long as your router's firewall isn't blocking too many ports.

To make notifications go to the z30, I think I would have to sign in again, to each app, from the z30. For now I've not done that. Some apps tell me I'm an unknown entity when I open them from my z30. (e.g. LinkedIn).
    Yes that's right, putting a SIM card in to another BB10 phone isn't going to automatically sign you in to any apps, you have to do that bit yourself.

12-27-13 03:56 PM
    Z10 from the start. Then played around with a q10. Went back to the Z10 till screen broke. Q for a few months. Got my z30 yesterday still getting used to it but loving it. It is a bit harder to use in one hand but I'm sure that will get better over time.

Z30 Rocks!!

Posted via CB10
    johnnyuk likes this.
    12-27-13 04:22 PM
    Great device. Done the same from z10 to z30

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 04:33 PM
    One phone has.bbm activated. The other one not.

... you say "doesn't have BBM" do you mean you haven't signed in to BBM (or the phone in general) with a BlackBerry ID? ....
    BB10 phones only need a SIM card for calls, texts and data while not on WiFi (whilst mobile). Everything else will continue to work through Wi-Fi .... putting a SIM card in to another BB10 phone isn't going to automatically sign you in to any apps, you have to do that bit yourself.
    On my land-based computers I have several distinct contacts databases (in different Gmail accounts). When I first learned about syncing to mobile, earlier this year 2013, I was disheartened to find that BlackBerry's OS merged all the contact databases into one big one. Not what I wanted.

I've learned a lot since my first z10 bought in February and returned 14 days later. Most of this year was spent (in my spare time) learning about mobile 2013 capabilities.

The most honest answer to give you now about my contacts Management in the z10 and the z30 is to say I'll have an answer within a week. I don't know if I've been storing Contacts on the Sim card in the past ("then BB10 will show them in the Contacts app by default.") or if I've "imported them in to the local Contacts database on the Z10 using the import feature in the settings of the Contacts app on the Z10"

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 04:55 PM
    Woo...getting closer!

Silicone gel case and new 4G sim card have arrived in the post. Just need the phone now!
    Just ordered an unlocked Z30! Anyone else gone from Z10 to Z30?-img_00000240.jpg

12-28-13 08:59 AM
    Amazing Phone Z30...couldnt get a better Mobile Handset...just loving it..screen size, display, battery ...muah!

Waiting for the 10.2.2 official Update Also do read my post http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...1002-a-886484/

Gurudev Goud
    BBZ30-Vodafone Bangalore
    2B631CDE
    12-28-13 09:24 AM
    Just got my Z30 yesterday. Still have the Z10 for my European number.
    Things that stand out are the screen size, battery life (still haven't recharged) and the sound. Still don't know enough about the Z30 to go into further detail.
    Was disappointed when I switched my BBM pin to new device, I lost all of my existing chats. I tend to keep information in the chats.
    Went out last night and my friends daughter was there. She liked the Z30 more than her dad's iPhone 5s. All of my friends didn't even know about the new device.
    I needed a new device for Canada. Not a fan of the iPhone. Windows doesn't have BBM. I tried using my friends Note3, my brothers HTC... I like the z10 more than those. Choosing the Z30 was right for me.
    12-28-13 09:25 AM
    I went from Z10 to Z30 about 6 weeks ago and I believe the Z30 is one of the best phones out there. I have had a few. Two minor improvements I will suggest for next model. Quadcore processor naturally and 20 grams lighter. Don't change the size Blackberry it is the perfect size for a phone. It feels great in the hand and looks really smart. I am hoping this Z30 will be the road back for Blackberry, no reason for it not to be.
    12-28-13 09:57 AM
    I am hoping this Z30 will be the road back for Blackberry, no reason for it not to be.
    I fear the reason it won't be is that BlackBerry and the carriers aren't advertising it, haven't seen a single advert for the Z30 in the UK, it's like the phone that nobody is supposed to know about. Most carriers and high street phone stores that stocked it at launch here have dropped it already.

If the Z10 had the specs of the Z30 instead of a phone designed the best part of a year earlier then things could have played out better for BB10 and BlackBerry in 2013.

But it is what it is, I'm still going to enjoy my Z30, I might very well be the only person in town who has one!

12-28-13 10:18 AM
    Why a quad core processor??? Just to keep with the jones'. The z30 has taken everything I've thrown at it without skipping a beat over 450 android and BlackBerry apps the majority android and no lag whatsoever. Can't say the same for my HTC one x.

Posted via CB10
    johnnyuk likes this.
    12-28-13 10:27 AM
    Just picked mine up yesterday. Transferring everything over from my Z10 was a long, frustrating process but it's all set up and I'm loving it already.

Haven't even had a chance to explore the upgraded features but I can tell you that the ring tones sound fantastic!
    johnnyuk likes this.
    12-28-13 10:28 AM
    Why a quad core processor??? Just to keep with the jones'. The z30 has taken everything I've thrown at it without skipping a beat over 450 android and BlackBerry apps the majority android and no lag whatsoever. Can't say the same for my HTC one x.

Posted via CB10
    This remind me a lot of similar situations in the desktop computer industry over the years. When AMD realised the future of CPUs wasn't forcing a single core to run faster and faster (and hotter and hotter) but to have multiple cores running at a slower speed (cooler) it was a while before the consuming public realised that "bigger numbers" don't always mean better performance.

In fact it was only when Intel were forced to change their strategy to multiple core CPUs when they started being beaten on performance by AMD that the masses got to see that a "smaller number" for CPU frequency didn't mean Windows ran any slower if there were "bigger numbers" in another area, i.e. "cores".

Not quite the same thing of course as with BB10 vs Android we are also talking about two different OS's, BB10 being more efficient with CPU power than Android meaning it can perform to the same level or better as far as the "user experience" goes with less power available.

But what's similar is that the consumer's uneducated view is that "bigger numbers" mean that the performance they get will always be better than something with "smaller numbers". It's what the tech industry has trained its consumers to believe over the years as it makes marketing nice and simple and dumbed down, bigger is always better.

That makes it hard for BB10 to sell itself by doing more with less. I'd go as far as saying that mobile consumers are even less tech savvy on average than desktop computer consumers and there hasn't been the "oh you CAN do more with less!" revolution in the mobile industry yet.

Nobody is that interested in the mobile space, they just want to see "bigger numbers". It's been the same for many Operating Systems over the years. Linux for example has always done more with less hardware when compared to Windows and yet compare how successful Windows has been in the consumer world compared to Linux.

It's not the only reason Linux isn't a "consumer hit" of course, that's as complex as the reason BB10 hasn't taken off, but it didn't swing the fight in Linux's favour.

austriker and saint613 like this.
    12-28-13 11:57 AM
    How do you use the Z30 unlocked? is it CDMA or CSM. If I bought a phone from Verizon can I unlock it and use it on my Sprint network? My purple flip is just dying. Can't use without being wired.
    12-28-13 12:22 PM
    How do you use the Z30 unlocked? is it CDMA or CSM. If I bought a phone from Verizon can I unlock it and use it on my Sprint network? My purple flip is just dying. Can't use without being wired.
    Hopefully someone in the US can help you out there, your mobile networks are very different to the UK and Europe, it's GSM everywhere here.

gemariah1 likes this.
    12-28-13 01:17 PM
    I did the same ....but 2 month ago , gotta say ...if blackberry lunched a smaller z30 on first day of bb10 ...things would have been totaly diffrent now....i used htc one and iphone5 , this thing kill them with a Bazookaaa , i am truly in love
    Bought a Z10 in February, then Z30 in October. If they launched Z30 with 10.2, I do think they wouldn't have had as many criticism. What can you do. Very happy with the 30 over the 10.

Posted via CB10 on Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925
    12-28-13 01:24 PM
    I came back to blackberry from the galaxy s4 to the z30 and lemme tell I'm loving this phone so far. If I can figure out the app situation I'm gonna be a happy camper.
    12-28-13 03:45 PM
    我也是一路跟進到 z30 !.2.1 .1925 ~
    12-28-13 10:13 PM
    Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 11:33 PM
    100% worth it in my opinion.
    12-29-13 06:01 PM
    anyone have an obsolete z10 that they dont use anymore? Would love to trade for it! Let me know!
    12-29-13 11:42 PM
    Am switching from Z10 to Z30, have few questions :
    1) can i back up my contact, apps and setting of my Z10 and restore them to my Z30?
    2) what about my apps (paid and free) and my songs that i have purchased in my Z10, can i just transfer them into my new Z30?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 07:05 AM
94 1234