I see a lot less Samsung returns than anything else. Just saying

Posted via CB10
    Got rid of my S4 and went Z30. Buddy got a S5 and wants a Z30 now. Wished he wasn't locked in. Reps over sale brands, and under sale others.
    06-14-14 11:47 AM
    This may put me at odds with some, but for those of us who work serving people, it is very off-putting when people are rude and disrespectful. I don't want to deal with condescending people, I certainly don't want to listen to their point of view because when a person will treat another person in a demeaning way there is really nothing I want to learn from them! I think those of us who want to move BlackBerry forward, can represent BlackBerry better by being part of a friendly interaction where perhaps both parties can gain from the experience, and BlackBerry users don't start being viewed as being arrogant know it all's.

And let's face it, it would be awfully nice if the people who are paid good money in the Marketing Dept at BlackBerry actually did their job... the Rogers Rep came to the employee appreciation day BBQ at a larger Ontario hospital with a dummy Z30 and no Z10. He had a functioning HTC and Samsung Note (not sure exactly which models) and was pushing a samsung mini. I would have loved to see how the Z30 functioned as I have been thinking of paying the early upgrade fee to get one. Also at the local Walmart, their Z10 appears to have the capability to work but is non functional. Why is this?!? We seem to care more about the success of BlackBerry than the people who are paid to care.

And there is so much rumour that we can't even keep it straight, and yet we expect salespeople who hear misleading and erroneous things in the media, and may even be fed inaccuracies from their management to know the facts at all times.

So maybe we should try being people that people like to spend a few minutes talking to, and maybe one person at a time we can be part of the solution instead of possibly being part of the problem.

Posted via CB10
    Are you kidding? Have you ever had to go to a retail outlet and try to get a BlackBerry phone? I just did because I ordered a Z30 from Verizon 2 weeks ago. It is not the customer that is rude, it is the sales reps who IMMEDIATELY tell you that BlackBerry is dead or going out of business and you don't want one. I don't want one?? I just asked for a BlackBerry, so you would think the sales people would know better and be nice about it seeing as I specifically asked for it! But noooo, they immediately start the bashing. So don't sit there and try to tell us BlackBerry fans that we should walk in there and be all nice when we usually do just that and are then jumped on, insulted and laughed at for wanting a BlackBerry. Then we start getting defensive.
    Carterbits likes this.
    06-14-14 11:49 AM
    This may put me at odds with some, but for those of us who work serving people, it is very off-putting when people are rude and disrespectful. I don't want to deal with condescending people, I certainly don't want to listen to their point of view because when a person will treat another person in a demeaning way there is really nothing I want to learn from them! I think those of us who want to move BlackBerry forward, can represent BlackBerry better by being part of a friendly interaction where perhaps both parties can gain from the experience, and BlackBerry users don't start being viewed as being arrogant know it all's.

And let's face it, it would be awfully nice if the people who are paid good money in the Marketing Dept at BlackBerry actually did their job... the Rogers Rep came to the employee appreciation day BBQ at a larger Ontario hospital with a dummy Z30 and no Z10. He had a functioning HTC and Samsung Note (not sure exactly which models) and was pushing a samsung mini. I would have loved to see how the Z30 functioned as I have been thinking of paying the early upgrade fee to get one. Also at the local Walmart, their Z10 appears to have the capability to work but is non functional. Why is this?!? We seem to care more about the success of BlackBerry than the people who are paid to care.

And there is so much rumour that we can't even keep it straight, and yet we expect salespeople who hear misleading and erroneous things in the media, and may even be fed inaccuracies from their management to know the facts at all times.

So maybe we should try being people that people like to spend a few minutes talking to, and maybe one person at a time we can be part of the solution instead of possibly being part of the problem.

Posted via CB10
    I met our BB Rep once.

Two years ago at PB launch. He came in, handed us a PB to display with a sticker to put on it, and walked out.

He's never so much as called, let alone set foot in the store again.

Now, the HTC and Samsung reps have been in multiple times and always leave swag. We have contact information should we need to reach out.

The BB Rep? Crickets.

Sent from who cares, it shouldn't matter.
    RH1Pearl and acovey like this.
    06-14-14 01:05 PM
    Are you kidding? Have you ever had to go to a retail outlet and try to get a BlackBerry phone? I just did because I ordered a Z30 from Verizon 2 weeks ago. It is not the customer that is rude, it is the sales reps who IMMEDIATELY tell you that BlackBerry is dead or going out of business and you don't want one. I don't want one?? I just asked for a BlackBerry, so you would think the sales people would know better and be nice about it seeing as I specifically asked for it! But noooo, they immediately start the bashing. So don't sit there and try to tell us BlackBerry fans that we should walk in there and be all nice when we usually do just that and are then jumped on, insulted and laughed at for wanting a BlackBerry. Then we start getting defensive.
    If one of my staff EVER insulted a customer or laughed at them for their choice in phone, they'd be looking for new work. I do not permit that.

Which is why I get pissed when people on this board behave like all reps are vermin.

06-14-14 01:07 PM
    I get that it's extremely aggravating when cell reps try to sway you only to the "most popular" smart phone, especially when you say BlackBerry. I don't necessarily blame them, I think they are just going by what they know, and I'm sure they are swayed to push those devices to an extent. I mean you can't go anywhere or watch TV without seeing a Samsung ad or iPhone ad. They are marketed like crazy, and I can see why most consumers go for them. Marketing really does go a long way, and is the main reason why those 2 brands are so popular and the majority of smart phone users either have iPhone or Samsung, and I believe others see that and just follow the trend. Unless the rep is a BlackBerry fan, all of us on CB could really school them on how great BlackBerry 10 really is. I'm not biased either, I like certain things about ios and android, but BlackBerry is always home.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    06-14-14 01:16 PM
    I met our BB Rep once.

Two years ago at PB launch. He came in, handed us a PB to display with a sticker to put on it, and walked out.

He's never so much as called, let alone set foot in the store again.

Now, the HTC and Samsung reps have been in multiple times and always leave swag. We have contact information should we need to reach out.

The BB Rep? Crickets.

Oh wow. That sucks. Well no wonder sales people don't care if BlackBerry is around. If that's how the reps treat them I wouldn't be so excited to sell there product either.

What a shame.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.0.296 & Q10SQN100-2/10.3.0.296
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-14-14 02:08 PM
    They get incentives. They'll constantly try to push Samsung phones....

Sent from something using Tapatalk.
    dlrogers81 and lift like this.
    06-14-14 02:49 PM
    If one of my staff EVER insulted a customer or laughed at them for their choice in phone, they'd be looking for new work. I do not permit that.

Which is why I get pissed when people on this board behave like all reps are vermin.

It's gotten very old indeed....people coming on here openly bragging about how they 'really stuck it to that rude Verizon rep' when it seems to me they are the ones who went out of their way to pick a fight a be rude themselves. What really makes me roll my eyes is went people rant about Verizon stores not having Z30's in stock. That has been well known even before the device came out. People getting mad about making a trip to the Verizon store to buy a Z30, only to get angry about it not being stocked is ridiculous. Be mad at yourself for not educating yourself and/or not paying attention.
    06-14-14 05:52 PM
    I think some of you guys in the thread need to take a deep breath.

I posted this because I found it a bit funny and I felt a little bad for the guy. I don't feel like I "owned" him or taught him a lesson. I just thought it was interesting and am slightly annoyed with their pushing of devices.

One verizon store in my area had the z30 and one did not. We tried the closer one first. It's not that I didn't educate myself about the device, I'm not even the one buying the phone.

For the record, we went to the other verizon store today. The rep was extremely helpful and didn't try mind what phone we decided to get. He helped us through the upgrade process and it was honestly one of the best customer service experiences I've had anywhere.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 07:13 PM
    I don't know about this.. but in Malaysia, Samsung is the leading brand.
    And just recently, I noticed many major shopping complexes have Samsung sales and service centers located in it.
    And most of the time, it's crowded with people taking numbers to check on their phone. Some with internal problems and some defects.
    And some just look clueless. LOL.
    And they wouldn't spend on the service part in their shops if the defects or returns is relatively low, would they?

Posted via my Astro Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3175
    It's based on percentages. If a firm sells 1 million units versus a firm that sells 100 units and both have a 1% defective rate, the firm that sold 1 million units will look worse even though the two manufacturers have similar defect rates. Just saying
    Berry_Pink and moody like this.
    06-14-14 07:24 PM
    I think you should also buy your Z30 from the same Verizon outlet as well..
    Looks like you're pretty happy with their services.

Posted via my Astro Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3175
    06-14-14 07:25 PM
    I think some of you guys in the thread need to take a deep breath.

I posted this because I found it a bit funny and I felt a little bad for the guy. I don't feel like I "owned" him or taught him a lesson. I just thought it was interesting and am slightly annoyed with their pushing of devices.

One verizon store in my area had the z30 and one did not. We tried the closer one first. It's not that I didn't educate myself about the device, I'm not even the one buying the phone.

For the record, we went to the other verizon store today. The rep was extremely helpful and didn't try mind what phone we decided to get. He helped us through the upgrade process and it was honestly one of the best customer service experiences I've had anywhere.

Posted via CB10
    I should have been more clear. I was talking about several other posts on this theme. This one, other than the title, is fairly tame in comparison to some of the ridiculous ones out there.
    reeneebob likes this.
    06-14-14 07:36 PM
    I purchased 2 new devices in April. I made the rounds and compared products and plans, I did encounter Reps who challenged my choice and it turned into an exchange of ideas where I hope the Rep just might consider spending 5 minutes with a Z30 if they ever get the chance. Wishful thinking maybe given that it sounds like some brands have more benefits to the salesperson than others, and it's BlackBerry's responsibility to address that.

Posted via CB10
    leehardballer12 likes this.
    06-14-14 07:37 PM
    Where I live in Asia, BB10 phones are displayed alongside several Androids on a wall while IPhones are in their own majestic place. No pushy salesmen, it's up to the customer to check the phones out. BlackBerry, however, made a massive mistake in choosing the screen for the Z30 as in a line-up like the one I mentioned above, the Z30 with it's dim screen looks like a plasma TV compared to the brightly lit-Androids. We all know how plasmas have fared against the absurdly lit LCD and LED TVs at the stores
    06-14-14 07:38 PM
    Usually I made up my mind before I walk into a store. Sales rep had no chance of selling me anything else but. However, If I'm not sure, chances are I will be buying something that I'm not totally satisfy regardless if it's push by salesrep or not. If you walk into a doctor office and say nothing, you are going to get whatever diagnose base on doctor's opinion. The point is you have to tell the doctor your symptoms to get the proper medical opinion. I'm not equating sales rep to doctor. You have to know what you want. The less you know, the more chance the sales rep is going to recommend base on his/her own opinion. You can't be lazy about investing time into your own purchase. Otherwise junks will be piling up in your home.
    06-14-14 08:21 PM
    Itsachickthing, you are right on target with what you have said. In a nutshell, if there is any blame to be put anywhere, it should solely fall on the shoulders of BlackBerry. Don't sit there and blame T-Mobile or Verizon or any other carrier or retail outlets for BlackBerry's woes and don't try to beat up a sales rep for suggesting that you get a GS5. As someone who is also very familiar with how it works in these corporate carrier stores, the reps sell the devices they both have as well as, to an even greater extent, the ones that they get direct support for. When BlackBerry used to have a very hands on and active sales force, those devices sold very well. They had great contests that basically had almost every rep in a store walking around with their FREE BlackBerry.

Once the marketing and other corporate idiots in Waterloo decided to not only thin out their support staff but not even respond to the market that put them at the top back in 2006-2008....the CONSUMER market. Just read these boards for the past years and see what everyone wants....APPS, APPS and more APPS. It's been that way for years. Look at the disaster that the PlayBook was. As someone who's always been a BB supporter, I purchased the PlayBook at full price back in April 2011 only to see it's price drop to $100 like 4 months later as well as live with the false promises of more apps and capabilities both from BB and the CrackBerry leaders themselves.

Again, enough of pointing fingers at the carriers and their employees. As a loyal T-Mobile customer, don"'to even try to say that you're leaving Magenta because they won't carry BB anymore. Just stop kidding yourselves and defending a company that has let a very loyal fanbase down. It's long overdue for the Waterloo crew to be held accountable instead of blaming others.
    saint613 and Troy Tiscareno like this.
    06-14-14 09:04 PM
    Personally, I've never had a Verizon rep entice me about an Apple or Samsung device. I guess I'm just forward and confident about what I want. Even when my storm was running on fumes and had to be replaced, they never did that.

Posted via CB10
    Same here... I've never had anything pushed at me. Do people here end their statements as questions? Lol... Maybe I just get lucky and everyone else in the store at the time I walk in just looks relatively more confused and gullible, so they get their Gs and S daily quotas with them.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 09:16 PM
    So my brother and I headed to our local verizon store. He is almost completely decided on a Z30 (currently iPhone 5). They obviously don't carry the Z30 so my brother asks if another local location has it in stock.

The rep instead starts glorifying the Samsung Galaxy S5 and how my brother could walk out with it today! Without skipping a beat I laugh and tell him I would rather have no phone than have a galaxy phone. It was mostly a joke but it seemed to hit a chord. That rep left and we were helped with another for the remainder of the time.

I was joking when I said it but I told my brother before hand that they would try to sell him a Galaxy. They even tried to sell me a Galaxy when I went to pre-order a z10 the day it was made available for pre-order. I guess I was slightly annoyed that it happened again. (For the record I understand the Galaxy phones are very powerful and capable I just dislike them very much.)

So anyways, the other rep starts bashing BlackBerry phones and says he hated the z10 when it came out. He tried to sell my brother on other phones that have the "best ratings". It was fun to see the confused look on his face when he looked up the Z30 on the Verizon website and saw a perfect 5/5 rating.

Just thought I'd share

Posted via CB10
    Truthfully, people that work sales at phone stores don't know a lick about phones. They just work there. If we had Crackberrians working in these stores, BlackBerry would be much more successful.
    06-14-14 09:49 PM
    We need to admit that the BB launch of the Z10 was just a disaster with a partially finished, and VERY buggy, OS and challenging specs compared with Apple, Samsung and the others. Many of the OS issues have been fixed now post 10.2 (more than a year later) but you can't blame some salespeople for having a poor opinion of BB at this point given what they know from a year ago and not being willing to give BB another look given the immense success of Apple and Samsung.

I own a Q10 and a Z30 today but even I had to return a VERY buggy Z10 when it first came out. I was shaking my head that they released that phone with the bugs it had. You know the saying, you never get a second chance to make a first impression and that's partially what's going on with some salespeople.
    06-14-14 09:59 PM
    I love how you bash someone for bashing BlackBerry and then you bash Samsung and other phones. You are the same as the sales people.
    It is hypocritical.

Why would you think anyone would recommend a BlackBerry device? They are not popular, not rated as high as others, and not preferred by most. You may love yours but 90% or greater of people do not agree. The carriers are not even supporting them fully anymore, and why would their sales people?

I agree BB phones have their high points and are a valid choice, although less and less so. I agree many phone reps only know what they use. I assume they are asked to push certain phones. But I would be blown away to see one recommend a BB over an Android or iPhone or even a Windows phone. The popularity is not there and neither is the payoff. They should not bash BB, but the time is over when they would recommend one.
    06-14-14 10:39 PM

if we have never met a nice rep then we just have to call it as it is....I dont see the need to 'hope' there is a nice one out there
    06-14-14 10:56 PM
    I love how you bash someone for bashing BlackBerry and then you bash Samsung and other phones. You are the same as the sales people.
    It is hypocritical.

Why would you think anyone would recommend a BlackBerry device? They are not popular, not rated as high as others, and not preferred by most. You may love yours but 90% or greater of people do not agree. The carriers are not even supporting them fully anymore, and why would their sales people?

I agree BB phones have their high points and are a valid choice, although less and less so. I agree many phone reps only know what they use. I assume they are asked to push certain phones. But I would be blown away to see one recommend a BB over an Android or iPhone or even a Windows phone. The popularity is not there and neither is the payoff. They should not bash BB, but the time is over when they would recommend one.
    I tend to agree with most of what you're saying, but I think there are people who's usage would warrant a BlackBerry being recommended over other platforms. A small percentage of people, but it's there. Anyone looking for a 'communication-centric' device ought to be recommended a BlackBerry. The keyboard (at least the touchscreen keyboard) is top notch. Punctuation, word correction and prediction, and the ease with which to switch between messaging platforms is top notch. BlackBerry's still do these the best. And then there is the security question which is important to the corporate world.
    06-15-14 12:21 AM
    if we have never met a nice rep then we just have to call it as it is....I dont see the need to 'hope' there is a nice one out there
    Then perhaps 1) you need to shop in better stores or 2) you're looking for a problem.

I'm 39 and have never run into the reps some on the board seem to only encounter, whether shopping for clothes, electronics, in restaurants... So I guess some have some REALLY bad luck or there is some exaggeration going on.

06-15-14 12:59 AM
    So my brother and I headed to our local verizon store. He is almost completely decided on a Z30 (currently iPhone 5). They obviously don't carry the Z30 so my brother asks if another local location has it in stock.

The rep instead starts glorifying the Samsung Galaxy S5 and how my brother could walk out with it today! Without skipping a beat I laugh and tell him I would rather have no phone than have a galaxy phone. It was mostly a joke but it seemed to hit a chord. That rep left and we were helped with another for the remainder of the time.

I was joking when I said it but I told my brother before hand that they would try to sell him a Galaxy. They even tried to sell me a Galaxy when I went to pre-order a z10 the day it was made available for pre-order. I guess I was slightly annoyed that it happened again. (For the record I understand the Galaxy phones are very powerful and capable I just dislike them very much.)

So anyways, the other rep starts bashing BlackBerry phones and says he hated the z10 when it came out. He tried to sell my brother on other phones that have the "best ratings". It was fun to see the confused look on his face when he looked up the Z30 on the Verizon website and saw a perfect 5/5 rating.

Just thought I'd share

Posted via CB10
    I have both the S4 and the Z10. I love the blackberry HUB and the gestures. The camera and photo app is great. I also live the grip on the back if the device, S4 is very slippery.

that being said

I use the s4 a lot more because I'm using Google Edition and it's a lot cleaner than Samsung's Touchwiz UI.

it's not just Samsung tho. LG, HTC, and SONY all use Android as the OS.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
    06-15-14 02:53 AM
    I hate Samsung so much. Not just phones, but electronics in general. To many people I know got burned by Samsung. They take your $$$ and run.

Posted via CB10
    I've had 4 Samsung devices and an HTC and have had no issues at all.

I did however exchange my playbook 3 times due to dead pixels and my Z10 twice.

That's just my experience.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
    06-15-14 03:02 AM
90 1234