This is hilarious, these responses. What I get from the original post is quite simple:
    • I ordered the Z30 practically "blind"
    • Turns out the Z30 is too big for me
    • I don't want a Z10 because of inadequate battery life
    • Can I get the BB10 OS keyboard on another OS?

Not only is this perfectly clear, It can be assumed that a Z10 with extended battery would also be too big if a stock Z30 already is. It's ironic (and tragic, looking at this thread as a reflection of BB aficionados) that time and time again are posts of BlackBerry not listening to their customer base, hence their downfall, but here we have it in a microcosm - Duh!
    Time to move on fanbois, it's become self evident.
    anon(5061193) and anon8656116 like this.
    05-04-14 07:14 AM
    I doubt that you will find a replica of the BlackBerry 10 keyboard on Android. At least, I am not aware of one. But Android has lots and lots of keyboards and could very well have one that may work just as good or even better for you. Personally, while I think that the BlackBerry 10 keyboard is good, I would never say that it's the best, purely because I haven't seen what Android has to offer. I've never heard an Android user complaining about their keyboard either.

If you think that the Z30 is too clunky already and you fear that the Z10 will not have enough battery life, then I doubt you will be a happy customer with either.
    05-04-14 08:50 AM
    I didn�t expect such vitriol here, whether or not everyone else on the planet can use it, I can not. I'm a girl, not a dwarf. Clearly I'm not enough of a jerk to rock this phone. I asked for advice on where I could get the excellent keyboard. I will not carry another battery so the z10 is a no go for me. I really am disappointed, the features could be really excellent on this device.
    Oh, and it also couldn't read several attachments I got this morning.
    Hi!
    I am a girl too. And I happily use the Z30 one handed (when I need to). You realy can't beat the battery life. It is nothing like your iphone, I'm sure. So I guess you need to decide what you really want. I have a Z10 as well and loved the size (still bigger than your iphone) and easy to operate. I used to carry an extra battery with me for the Z10 in case I couldn't charge during the day. Simple thing.

I would be happy to give you some advice if you need anything. PM me.
    05-04-14 09:17 AM
    Hi, just picked up a Z30 from Rogers myself. They had to order it in as they don't stock them on the shelf so MAYBE you got a dud??? As for the keyboard experience, it is for me and should be for everybody, totally smooth and flawless. Picture password and password are two different things, BOTH of which can be enabled or disabled at will, maybe check with Rogers online or over the phone for some tutorial or set up help with those particular features. And as for the return policy, Rogers has a 30 minute TALK TIME or 14 days policy, whichever comes first. I didn't use my voice time for 2 days until I knew I could handle the phone and was going to keep it, I think maybe they didn't explain the policy to you properly which is unfortunate, all optics at this point right?? Anyway, you can return the phone if you haven't used up you 30 minutes of talk time but I suggest you keep it and get used to the slightly larger format and far superior features to the iPhone "x" unless of course you're into all the apps and games and such. If that's the case, in my opinion, the mistake is yours......Research, research, research!!!

P.S. I will apologize for some here who choose to bash other people rather than help them...as you can see, no forum is perfect.
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    05-04-14 10:09 AM
    I doubt that you will find a replica of the BlackBerry 10 keyboard on Android. At least, I am not aware of one.
    While the "flick up" is exclusive to BB, all of the underlying logic, including the excellent prediction engine, is licensed from SwiftKey, which is an Android keyboard.
    pantlesspenguin and 21stNow like this.
    05-04-14 10:12 AM
    B121, thanks for the kind advice, Rogers only gives half hour of time as far as I know. They y didn't have a z30 in the store I could hold without a security tag on it, I didn�t realise how much easier that made it to hold. I�m reluctant to spend money on a case for something that might not work for me.
    I see the blinking cursor but it's hard to move it precisely between letter. Thanks again for not insulting me for having small hands
    Tapping the circle on the left or right is the way to move the circle to the precise spot you need. Sliding it with you finger does not work well.
    05-04-14 11:25 AM
    Hi Wacoal,

I'm sorry you are having difficulty getting a firm grip with the phone. The best advice I give people using either the Z10 or the Z30 (which I purchased from Rogers as well and is my current phone) is to "hold it like a BlackBerry". Maybe you've tried this already but my wife (an iPhone and former BBRY user) has small hands and was using my device awkwardly when I mentioned it. Those that have gotten used to iPhones are forever (and inefficiently in my opinion) one finger tapping letters on their keyboard. I believe BlackBerry designed their keyboard to work best if you grip the device solidly with two hands and tap and "flick" your way around the keyboard with two thumbs. It is so much faster and efficient than any other device in my opinion. Once you grasp that concept (if you haven't already) with a little practice you should be off to the races. I absolutely love my Z30. Even the passcode is dead easy for me when I hold the phone "like a BlackBerry". I hope you give it a try and it works for you like it does for me. It really is a wonderful device.
    05-04-14 11:43 AM
    I can't fathom how people of any size can hang on to this thing it's so slippery and the buttons interfere with the grip. It doesn't even fit in my pocket, I am so sad, it seems like there are no phones out there. Any advice on side loading the keyboard would be appreciated.
    Carbon Fiber Skin From Skinomi. :P
    05-04-14 11:51 AM
    Having a device for 1 day and complaining about it is special. How do you normally handle change??? You use a device for a week at least before you give it a comment. A day. You don't even know all the short cuts yet.
    05-04-14 02:36 PM
    Lol Rogers is 15 days or 30mins talk time to return it.

Slippery? Did you get the white colour cause the black one is very grippy.

I'm sorry I can't believe the OP anymore.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 03:06 PM
    love my Z30.. and everything about it. Thank you BB.
    05-04-14 03:09 PM
    While the "flick up" is exclusive to BB, all of the underlying logic, including the excellent prediction engine, is licensed from SwiftKey, which is an Android keyboard.
    Is that true of the kb's multilingual support, switching on the fly within messages? And word substitution?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 04:09 PM
    Stick with it a bit longer and see if you like it or not and if you don't then get something else

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 04:25 PM
    When you set the picture password, you must also set a regular password, as a backup. This way, if you forget the picture password, or your hands are too cold, or you're too drunk, when you've used up your picture password tries you can still unlock with a regular password before your phone is wiped.

It's the same as how Android requires you to set a regular password if you set a swipe pattern unlock.

In short, you won't have to use anything but the picture password system unless you forget it or can't manage to do it right.
    05-04-14 04:37 PM
    Do you have dwarf hands? How can any phone be too big for two handed use? A damn 10" tablet can be used with two hands.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    +1 maybe you need a Q10
    05-04-14 04:53 PM
    I'd look into ThingSling (Google it) and some generic silicon case or just use it naked. It makes the phone totally usable with one hand!

It's a great product and reasonably priced.

M

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 06:33 PM
    I guess I could try it for few days but then I can't return it to Rogers. The phone is naked but i can't find any way to hold it. Why can't anyone other than apple make a premium phone that is a reasonable size?!
    The photo pass still isn't working but maybe my work also disabled it.
    As far as going back to make corrections it makes a blue circle but you can't see precisely what letter you're trying to get.
    Thanks for the advice but I can't see keeping something I can't hold but since I bought it for the keyboard I would really appreciate advice on how to get it in a smaller decide.
    My friend Z30 picture Password was disabled as part of the BES server, is that the case with your work?
    The swipe keyboard does take a bit to get used to but it is truly a awesome when you get the hang of it.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 06:40 PM
    Sorry the Z30 didn't work out for you. From reading your post, I think the problem might be that you're not smart enough to use a Z30. I'm thinking that you're right in suggesting that an Android based phone (like a Samsung) might be more your speed.
    Ouch. That's way too much. Don't insult like that.

She seems to prefer a smaller phone. So be it.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 07:53 PM
    Make sure your Z30 has all the software updates. If your finding the phone slippery, try a case butter fingers.
    05-04-14 07:57 PM
    Just tossing it out there, but I'm pretty sure a security wipe would erase the talk time.

Thus your 30 minute limitation is eliminated.

It's big for the first little while then you get used to it.

I know you don't want to go to the z10 cause you don't want to carry another battery. But do like my wife does, she has the z10 extra battery/ charging pack. Just switch Batts when it gets low and put it in the charger. When that one gets low, swap them again.

She never actually charges her device anymore. Always grabs a fully charged battery!

Posted on a Post-It!
    05-04-14 08:36 PM
    I have a Z10 and I'm a heavy user. My battery life is better than my girlfriends iPhone. I do not have a Z30 but I would like to try one. Don't get where you say the Z10 is an ugly phone. Much sexier than an iPhone.. My opinion. There are ways around the battery issue & the keyboard on the Z10 rocks. But everyone has different needs & opinions. I hope you find what works best for you... Rocking 24-7 with my Z10 & 64GB Playbook
    05-04-14 09:51 PM
    Everyone is getting trolled so hard loll

Posted via CB10
    Jrox74 likes this.
    05-04-14 10:11 PM
    Just tossing it out there, but I'm pretty sure a security wipe would erase the talk time.

Thus your 30 minute limitation is eliminated.

Posted on a Post-It!
    In this day and age of advanced technology carriers don't go by your phone record for talk time but by what their network records.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 10:21 PM
    Op should just get an IBM typewriter and send telegrams.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 10:22 PM
    And soon to also be an iPhone keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 10:23 PM
93 1234