My full post wasn't directed at you. It was directed at everyone that still continues to spread the myth that BlackBerry 10 is some how more efficient than Android 4.3. The top half was directed at you. Did you miss that part?

In case you did, the latest version of Android will run fairly well on a single-core, 1000mhz processor from 3 years ago. I've posted a video that proves it.

How is Android CPU intensive again?
    I have 2 friends with gnex's both are laggy as hell. Yes it will run, but it does not run very well. Yes BlackBerry could of put bb10 on PlayBook but it would not of run very well.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 08:33 PM
    My full post wasn't directed at you. It was directed at everyone that still continues to spread the myth that BlackBerry 10 is some how more efficient than Android 4.3. The top half was directed at you. Did you miss that part?

In case you did, the latest version of Android will run fairly well on a single-core, 1000mhz processor from 3 years ago. I've posted a video that proves it.

How is Android CPU intensive again?
    In the video he ran the camera app and used the browser which is trivial. If he did any gaming that phone would fall apart. Nagging aside, it was impressive .

Anyways, I wish I could figure out how to get time vs cpu load graphs up here to help prove my point, but I don't feel like doing that right now. Anyways, I'm running 8 similar (if not the same) apps both on my Q10 and Nexus 7 and I'm observing the CPU load with the Device Monitor on BB10 and CPU-Z on the Nexus.

On the Q10, the total CPU load hovers around 6-15 % with rare spikes as high as 39%, but typical heights peak at 25%.

On the Nexus, the CPU load hovers around 0 - 25% with rare spikes as high as 55%, but typical heights peak around 30-47%

I'll admit, it's not the best comparison and I'll need more data, but my Q10 acts like there are 0 apps running. The Nexus is still running great, but you can feel the effects a bit.
    10-02-13 09:31 PM
    Of course there are several games that the Nexus S cannot run. I never said it could run all of the games in Google Play. I said it can run the latest version of Android and it does. I wasn't talking about 3rd party apps at all. I'm talking about the os and core software. The browser and camera may be trivial, but they are a part of the Android OS.

A single core processor and 512mb of ram is enough to run Android 4.3 and all of the core applications that come with it. The BlackBerry 10 os by itself uses as much as 510mb of ram. The hub uses another 50+ mb of ram. So yeah it seems like Android has less hardware requirements than BB10 does. There is an awful lot of evidence to support that.
    10-02-13 09:49 PM
    Yes BlackBerry could of put bb10 on PlayBook but it would not of run very well.

Posted via CB10
    Coulda woulda shoulda.
    Saiga and Spencerdl like this.
    10-02-13 10:16 PM
    That was a nice spin. Like I said, you can load it but it's mud. So your argument that it proves how efficient android is does not gain traction with your example. I can't believe I actually found someone arguing that android is efficient. Crazy forums.

Posted via CB10
    Android would run on PlayBook specs.
    Bb10 can't.
    End of argument re which is more of a resource hog.

Posted via CB10
    Saiga likes this.
    10-03-13 01:45 AM
    The Nexus S can't run BlackBerry 10 at all. Name any 3 year old BlackBerry that can run the latest version of BlackBerry OS. You can't do that if you use the legacy OS or BB10. There simply aren't any 3 year old BlackBerry devices running the latest OS.

I forgot though, in the world of BlackBerry, not being able to run the latest OS is expected and a positive thing.

Look over the devices BlackBerry has made and you'll notice most have missed a update. Did you have a Storm 2? Well no OS 6 for you! A Torch 9800? Well no OS 7 for you! Did ya buy a PlayBook? Well they promised you a update, but nope! No BlackBerry 10 for you!

Only on CrackBerry would missing out on OS updates be considered a good thing.
    I'm still extremely angry that my 9800 didn't receive OS7 and my PlayBook didn't receive BB10...
    Saiga likes this.
    10-03-13 02:25 AM
    Not surprised it's fast. All new phones are fast when you first buy them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    10-03-13 03:24 AM
    Not surprised it's fast. All new phones are fast when you first buy them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Yeah.. no.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 05:27 AM
    That was a nice spin. Like I said, you can load it but it's mud. So your argument that it proves how efficient android is does not gain traction with your example. I can't believe I actually found someone arguing that android is efficient. Crazy forums.

Posted via CB10
    Just got my Z30! WOW! Think that Z10 is fast?-tumblr_lyy9g5bn5w1r4ghkoo1_400.jpg
    Saiga and Spencerdl like this.
    10-03-13 05:29 AM
    I'm still extremely angry that my 9800 didn't receive OS7 and my PlayBook didn't receive BB10...
    I know the feeling. I owned all 3 devices that I mentioned. I bought a 9650 after my Storm 2 didn't get the update, bought a 9810 after my 9800 didn't get the update and then bought a Nexus 7 after the PlayBook didn't get its promised update. It really sucks. At least with Android, you can unlock the boot loader and do updates yourself in the majority of cases. With BlackBerry you're stuck with what they give ya.

If BlackBerry 10 survives long enough (a huge if in my opinion), I'm sure we will see the day where the Z10 gets left behind as well. It is already missing two features from 10.2 (miracast and USB otg host mode), how much longer till they just stop updating it altogether? History suggests that it will eventually happen.
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    10-03-13 05:43 AM
    Every single phone gets left behind eventually.
    Spawn12 likes this.
    10-03-13 06:40 AM
    What opinion did I put up? I was talking about android performance with other people. He just chimed in and I blew him off. Read the thread.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    Ok cant help what other Blackberry people want to talk to you about a S4 I must have missed that .....I thought this thread was about the Z30 ...yes/no

Z10
    10-03-13 07:13 AM
    Ya and there people are saying. Z10 is so good that it don't need no better processor. Bring it on BlackBerry, the faster the better.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 07:44 AM
    Ever heard of Halo and floating apps feature in Android?

On a side note, why are we even debating multitasking and efficiency here? Millions out there could care less which OS is the most efficient. They only care about apps, camera, gorgeous screen and footprint. Unfortunately, nothing that Z30 truly excel in.

I have used both Android and BlackBerry for more than 6months each and I stand by my opinion, BlackBerry 10 is a much more efficient OS than Android. In fact in getting things done it runs circles around Android more than even I care to admit. Let's start with the Basic Multitasking. I can jump between 3 apps in the active frame before I can task switch to another app on Android. Knowing that the app will ALWAYS be running in real time and exactly how I left it...

Again I can run 8 apps in the active frame, and have all eight apps invoke 3 different layers from another app or function within the system and still having the system running flawlessly without lagging. For instance, I can open the search app, look for a song, play that song, share than song to what'sapp, have a conversation in whatsapp and not only share a picture to that contact in Whatsapp but also invoking the editing tool, email that conversation ... I did all that from the search app.. I did not task switch or open another app. Try doing this on any other platform. Also I can open the search app, Whatsapp or whichever other app.. and talk to the same person from the hub, the search app, Whatsapp, or any other app that I can invoke Whatsapp in.. everything ties together on bb10 and it just works. It's fast and secure and insanely stable. The platform churns speedily through task with only 1.5ghz dual core processor, it does more with less than any Android phone with same specs can. I'll be trying for minutes to bog the system down and when I do get to that point where it does start to lagg, 25 pages loaded in the browser and 8active frames which includes two games and 6 other apps than are actively invoking 5 other apps.. and jumping between layers of the hub.. the system whilst noticeably slower now, doesn't crash. And the minute I close everything it is able to fully recover as if nothing happened. Try that with android... after an android system has strained... you can guarantee that it's going down hill after that.. even so it's recovery is much much slower because of poor memory management and all the apps and so on would have left their footprints all over the OS bogging it down. Of course I could continue elaborating on instances where bb10 is much more efficient but It's not without its flaws, but for such a very young OS, credit must be given. BlackBerry 10 doesn't score the highest numbers on benchmarks unlike it rigged Android rivals but when it comes to real world experience it delivers quite well.

Posted via CB10

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    PhilipDZ likes this.
    10-03-13 09:14 AM
    No offense, but I've never ever have that kind of performance with wifi off (I assume that's the case with your statement "I left home..." and I've tried many combination of ROM and kernels.

Which nexus devices are you comparing it to? Today I left my home with a nexus 4, and a z10 fully charged. 9 hours later the nexus 4, and z10 have about half charge left on each (used the nexus 4 all day watched 2 30 minute episodes, played music for about an hour, and checked email- all I did with the z10 was checked email, sent a few texts, and checked cb).

How are you getting your z10's battery to last longer than mine? I turn my data off, limit my total usage, and don't have anything running in the background.
    I think it might be time for me to purchase a new z1p battery I guess.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 09:19 AM
    No offense, but I've never ever have that kind of performance with wifi off (I assume that's the case with your statement "I left home..." and I've tried many combination of ROM and kernels.
    I'm not offended at all here's the kernel/rom combo for the nexus 4. Faux clock is installed (settings are stock except for color/gamma - no yellow tint.)
    Wifi was off, streamed video with hspa+ enabled for a little over an hour on the nexus 4 that day maybe longer.

My z10 is usually set with wifi, and data off (I only enable data when I need it for any device).

Just got my Z30! WOW! Think that Z10 is fast?-img_20131003_180636.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 08:53 PM
    Sound quality is what's absolutely stunning on this phone, no other phone compares.
    10-04-13 05:21 AM
    Don't laugh too hard, but I'm still sporting my 9800 torch, which I LOVE !, but I'm starting to feel the itch to get a new bb device, I have to admit it is going to be hard leaving this beautiful slider that has the best of both worlds, but I think the Z30 will be the choice I make.. I still keep wishing the torch10 made it out of R&D ...
    My Torch is still juiced up and on wifi only since I got my Z10 on release day. Just can't pull the plug on her yet LOL.

I will be getting the Z30 as soon as Bell has them.

Z10 10.2.0.1767 via CB10
    10-04-13 07:10 AM
    #1 Rule: Canada should always be the first to get new BlackBerrys. Just seems right, even to an American.
    Rule#2: Canada should be the first after the UK. Then Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Mongolia and the USA.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 UK
    10-04-13 07:59 AM
    The USA will never see this phone in stores. Maybe on BlackBerry dot com lol. That's about it. No innovation+no specs+shi+ cameras+ no apps+ fooking garbage marketing= good bye BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 08:02 AM
    Just curious how can it be more vivid than the Z10 when it uses the same screen just bigger, hence a lower ppi.
    The OP didn't say that the screen was more vivid than. He said, "Vivid screen!". He did say that it's FASTER than a Z10...

Keith H. Posted using CB10.
    10-04-13 08:03 AM
    The USA will never see this phone in stores. Maybe on BlackBerry dot com lol. That's about it. No innovation+no specs+shi+ cameras+ no apps+ fooking garbage marketing= good bye BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Never ever?
    10-04-13 08:10 AM
    Why are people still giving top dollar for phones to BBRY?! That's my question...
    10-04-13 08:18 AM
    Why are people still giving top dollar for phones to BBRY?! That's my question...
    Coz they're awesome!

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 UK
    10-04-13 08:31 AM
    Because just maybe we want to support BlackBerry despite all their troubles???

Why do u care anyhow?? Does it infuriate u that people want to still buy BlackBerry devices??

Posted via Z10
    10-04-13 09:09 AM
290 ... 89101112