Even though sealed unit. The phone comes with a spare battery pack! Which can be used for charging the battery through the USB port! Haven't needed it yet!

Posted via CB10
    Actually, that's carrier specific and not all the packages will come with the spare battery pack. In fact, the majority won't as those were press packs given with the case included as well but I digress.
    10-02-13 05:46 AM
    I'd like to see proof the OP even has one of these devices.
    h20work likes this.
    10-02-13 06:02 AM
    If that's your opinion of BlackBerry and you don't even own a Z30 device in order to give feedback of any significant value, then why are you on CrackBerry? Do you have nothing better or more productive to do in your life than to p!ss on other people's parade?
    If you own a Z10 it's pretty much the same as the Z30. Like he said last year specs. And that's a big part of why nobody wants it.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 07:03 AM
    Hey OP, you reading through here, there are those of us who want proof. Let er rip! Pictures please. Or its troll u are!
    10-02-13 08:53 AM
    If you own a Z10 it's pretty much the same as the Z30. Like he said last year specs. And that's a big part of why nobody wants it.

Posted via CB10
    So you're saying everyone here who wants a Z30, or any BlackBerry for that matter, is a nobody? Thanks!
    vrud and SK122387 like this.
    10-02-13 09:13 AM
    The Nexus S is three years old, it came with a 1000 MHz singe core processor and 512mb of RAM, yet it will run Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.

The Nexus S hardware can and does run the latest version of Android, but it will not run BlackBerry 10. Just the BlackBerry 10 operating system by itself (as in not even counting the Hub) uses almost as much RAM as the Nexus S has. So it simply isn't possible to run the full BB10 experience on 512mb of RAM.

You can loudly proclaim that BlackBerry 10 is more efficient than Android all you want, but that doesn't make it so.
    Seriously? It "runs" it in mud. How slow does a phone need to be before running something becomes a negative.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 09:21 AM
    My S3 doesn't lag......

But my 9800 Torch on the other hand LOL
    The 9800 was laggy. So is the S3. Sorry about that.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 09:29 AM
    The Nexus S is three years old, it came with a 1000 MHz singe core processor and 512mb of RAM, yet it will run Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.

The Nexus S hardware can and does run the latest version of Android, but it will not run BlackBerry 10. Just the BlackBerry 10 operating system by itself (as in not even counting the Hub) uses almost as much RAM as the Nexus S has. So it simply isn't possible to run the full BB10 experience on 512mb of RAM.

You can loudly proclaim that BlackBerry 10 is more efficient than Android all you want, but that doesn't make it so.
    Does the Nexus S run the official 4.3 or a custom ROM?
    10-02-13 09:47 AM
    Seriously? It "runs" it in mud. How slow does a phone need to be before running something becomes a negative.

Posted via CB10
    The Nexus S can't run BlackBerry 10 at all. Name any 3 year old BlackBerry that can run the latest version of BlackBerry OS. You can't do that if you use the legacy OS or BB10. There simply aren't any 3 year old BlackBerry devices running the latest OS.

I forgot though, in the world of BlackBerry, not being able to run the latest OS is expected and a positive thing.

Look over the devices BlackBerry has made and you'll notice most have missed a update. Did you have a Storm 2? Well no OS 6 for you! A Torch 9800? Well no OS 7 for you! Did ya buy a PlayBook? Well they promised you a update, but nope! No BlackBerry 10 for you!

Only on CrackBerry would missing out on OS updates be considered a good thing.
    Last edited by Saiga; 10-02-13 at 10:12 AM.
    10-02-13 09:55 AM
    For everyone worried about how Android 4.3 performs on the Nexus S, watch this video:

It looks pretty smooth considering it was running on such old hardware.
    Donvald likes this.
    10-02-13 10:14 AM
    For everyone worried about how Android 4.3 performs on the Nexus S, watch this video:

It looks pretty smooth considering it was running on such old hardware.
    Why didn't Google release an official 4.3 for their Nexus S? Aren't the Nexus' supposed to get all the latest OS updates? Any differences between the official and the ROM versions?
    10-02-13 10:34 AM
    Well, all of us that don't have one, aren't likely to get one anytime soon, at least in the USA, as long as the Government is in shutdown: shutdown = no FCC= no approvals!!
    10-02-13 10:37 AM
    Anyone have experiencing buying from [url]www.mobicity.com ? They are selling for $659 USD (no tax included,maybe duty when shipped to Canada).

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 10:44 AM
    Why didn't Google release an official 4.3 for their Nexus S? Aren't the Nexus' supposed to get all the latest OS updates? Any differences between the official and the ROM versions?
    Nexus devices are officially supported for around two years (usually a little bit more), but the thing about it is - Android is open source and Google releases the latest OS for people to build on their own. That is how that ROM in the video came to be. It was built using nothing but the things Google supplies. It is pure Android 4.3, just wasn't delivered by Google.
    10-02-13 10:53 AM
    let's see for 6-7 months, will the price drop down like z10 or not. i don't want going to another blackberry trap. i've enough with my z10, the price at first i buy it was arround $700 when launch in march and now i just asking to sell my z10 to a cellphone store in august and they want to buy my z10 for only $300, and the brand new z10 was only arround $400 now. (just in 5 months the price drop arround $300) all SIM free in indonesian here. the Q10 price still stable at $700 until now.
    just see if the z30 doesn't drop like hell in 7 months, i will thinking to switch to z30 too.
    10-02-13 10:56 AM
    The 9800 was laggy. So is the S3. Sorry about that.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm I never realized that you had met me before and used my S3 to assume it lags...

can you teleport over here to prove me wrong? Didn't think so..
    Saiga and bobauckland like this.
    10-02-13 10:56 AM
    Hmmm I never realized that you had met me before and used my S3 to assume it lags...

can you teleport over here to prove me wrong? Didn't think so..
    Of course he can't prove you wrong. He is all about making claims that he can't back up. Just like when he said the Nexus S runs Android 4.3 like its in mud or slowly or whatever. Sure, he has never, ever used a Nexus S with Android 4.3, but he is willing to state that it runs badly. Just like he has never used your S3, yet he some how claims to know that it was laggy. I find it entertaining.
    bobauckland and MC_A_DOT like this.
    10-02-13 11:05 AM
    Lag in native email app (at least a good 8-12 seconds.)
    Lag in dialer and/or contacts app (see here)
    Other lag issues (the only one I've experienced personally is the music player.)
    I have no such issues.
    Last edited by n8ter#AC; 10-02-13 at 11:16 AM. Reason: huge post pared down to one statement, because it isn't worth debating about this
    10-02-13 11:06 AM
    Nexus devices are officially supported for around two years (usually a little bit more), but the thing about it is - Android is open source and Google releases the latest OS for people to build on their own. That is how that ROM in the video came to be. It was built using nothing but the things Google supplies. It is pure Android 4.3, just wasn't delivered by Google.
    Okay, thanks for the info. I didn't know about the two year support. I find it strange that Google would not deliver the OS themselves if a Nexus can handle it and since those line of devices are theirs.
    10-02-13 11:12 AM
    Okay, thanks for the info. I didn't know about the two year support. I find it strange that Google would not deliver the OS themselves if a Nexus can handle it and since those line of devices are theirs.
    I think one of the reasons they don't support them longer goes back to who the Nexus line of smartphones was originally intended for. The Nexus line was meant for developers. For example, I have a Nexus 4 and have never waited for an OTA update from Google the entire time that I've owned it. The moment Google posts the restore image online, I download the files and update manually.

Nexus devices will always have a huge developer following, so honestly, Google knows that they don't need to officially release the OS update for older devices. I'll be upgrading to the next Nexus, but I'm sure my Nexus 4 will still be supported many years from now. If not by Google directly pushing OTA upates, than by the development community.
    10-02-13 11:21 AM
    I have a Z30.
    Top 3 things i like:
    - Battery life in real life situation of heavy usage does actually last me from 6AM until midnight. (and would continue to last, but i do plug it in overnight. It has never died on me yet from running out of battery)
    - I agree with the OP, Its fast !!! I would say the only time I've have to wait for the phone to "process" something, is while loading a race in Asphalt 7. (but the load time is still less than loading a GT5 race on my PS3)
    - It has a SOLID feel in your hand. In comparison the S3/S4 feel "light" (same physical size)

Top 3 things i like about 10.2
    - Toast notifications (amazing time saver)
    - Shortcut Menus - Way Way Way better than 10.1 (cut, paste, copy, select all, etc) - It feels like the phone knows what you are about to do next.
    - Priority, and i'm not talking about the Priority HUB, but i really think the Priority Sharing / Calling, Contacts, etc, really help reduce duplication of effort.
    10-02-13 12:09 PM
    I have a Z30.
    Top 3 things i like:
    - Battery life in real life situation of heavy usage does actually last me from 6AM until midnight. (and would continue to last, but i do plug it in overnight. It has never died on me yet from running out of battery)
    - I agree with the OP, Its fast !!! I would say the only time I've have to wait for the phone to "process" something, is while loading a race in Asphalt 7. (but the load time is still less than loading a GT5 race on my PS3)
    - It has a SOLID feel in your hand. In comparison the S3/S4 feel "light" (same physical size)

Top 3 things i like about 10.2
    - Toast notifications (amazing time saver)
    - Shortcut Menus - Way Way Way better than 10.1 (cut, paste, copy, select all, etc) - It feels like the phone knows what you are about to do next.
    - Priority, and i'm not talking about the Priority HUB, but i really think the Priority Sharing / Calling, Contacts, etc, really help reduce duplication of effort.
    Sounds much more believable than OP.
    I hope this pans out, personally, the Q10 was awesome battery wise, 2 days easy for me on early o's, the MR release has crippled the functionality and stability and battery life, lucky to get a day now, whatsapp broken, texts broken.
    Here's hoping 10.2 is miles better than the 10.1 MR, for all devices.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 12:53 PM
    What evidence do you have to support your claim that Android needs multiple cores and high clock speeds to strive?

Like I've said, a1000mhz single-core cpu and 512mb of RAM is enough hardware to run the latest version of Android.

Let's see BB10 run on that hardware. Heck, the PlayBook has much, much better hardware than that, yet it still isn't enough to run the so called "efficent" BlackBerry 10 operating system.

Look at the Galaxy Nexus. That phone has basicly identical hardware to the PlayBook and it runs Android 4.3 flawlessly, it won't run BB10 of course, but that is too be expected because BB10 requires at least 2GB of RAM to function properly.

Is anyone here actually foolish enough to believe that BlackBerry gave the Z10, Q10, Q5 and the Q30 2GB of RAM because they wanted to make their devices have good hardware? Nah, they all have 2GB of RAM because the OS is a resource hog.

Attachment 207033

Crazy, just the OS on my DAC is using as much RAM as the Nexus S has. And you think BlackBerry 10 handles its resources well? Lol

Here is how much RAM my Nexus 4 is using at the moment. Notice, this is not just the OS by itself, it is everything that is currently running on my Nexus 4.

Attachment 207035

I'm sorry, but I'm not seeing the problem you speak of. My Nexus 4 has been on for 24 hours straight and it has 1.3GB of free RAM. I've never seen one of my BB10 devices have more than 980mb of free RAM. Even immediately after a reboot, my BlackBerry 10 devices use more RAM than my Android devices do.

As my screen shots show, just the BlackBerry 10 OS and Hub use more RAM than my Nexus 4 is using.

Again, saying BlackBerry 10 is more efficent than Android don't make it true.

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    I mentioned Android being CPU intensive and you make this huge argument about RAM and BB10 as if to put me in my place. You're funny lol.

I love Android. My Nexus 7 is awesome. It has lagged on me under normal use which is kind of annoying. My Q10 has lagged too, but I was installing 13 GB of music on it while playing music, games, browsing, etc.

That's my only gripe. Android has come a long way. Nexus or nothing at all imo.
    Last edited by LWKING; 10-02-13 at 08:10 PM.
    10-02-13 07:48 PM
    The Nexus S can't run BlackBerry 10 at all. Name any 3 year old BlackBerry that can run the latest version of BlackBerry OS. You can't do that if you use the legacy OS or BB10. There simply aren't any 3 year old BlackBerry devices running the latest OS.

I forgot though, in the world of BlackBerry, not being able to run the latest OS is expected and a positive thing.

Look over the devices BlackBerry has made and you'll notice most have missed a update. Did you have a Storm 2? Well no OS 6 for you! A Torch 9800? Well no OS 7 for you! Did ya buy a PlayBook? Well they promised you a update, but nope! No BlackBerry 10 for you!

Only on CrackBerry would missing out on OS updates be considered a good thing.
    That was a nice spin. Like I said, you can load it but it's mud. So your argument that it proves how efficient android is does not gain traction with your example. I can't believe I actually found someone arguing that android is efficient. Crazy forums.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 08:10 PM
    I mentioned Android being CPU intensive and you make this huge argument about RAM and BB10 as if to put me in my place. You're funny lol. My evidence is my Nexus 7.
    My full post wasn't directed at you. It was directed at everyone that still continues to spread the myth that BlackBerry 10 is some how more efficient than Android 4.3. The top half was directed at you. Did you miss that part?

In case you did, the latest version of Android will run fairly well on a single-core, 1000mhz processor from 3 years ago. I've posted a video that proves it.

How is Android CPU intensive again?
    10-02-13 08:13 PM
290 ... 7891011 ...