Many people aren't interested in using a device littered with last year's technology in it. This has always been BB's story. I really thought they were putting an end to that when they launched the BB10 devices (which were on par with other flagships, at least in the USA).
    Hello. If you look at any electronic device, you know that from idea through revisions, redesigns and testing to final release takes TIME. The iPhone 5S and Galaxy S4 were not dreamed up, designed and released within a month so let's get realistic and stop lobbing that old ball around.
    10-01-13 10:38 PM
    10-01-13 10:40 PM
    You'll need the correct model for your carrier. The UK ones only work in the UK and some European countries.
    Will they work on some Canadian carriers?
    10-01-13 10:46 PM
    Just like this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00001229.jpg 
Views:	436 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	207020
    I0.2.0.1521

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 10:50 PM
    I0.2.0.1521

Posted via CB10
    Can't post screen caps?
    10-01-13 10:54 PM
    Can't post screen caps?
    Sorry got my BlackBerry I D on that page.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 11:02 PM
    I agree completely about BlackBerry 10 being RAM intensive, but how do you figure Android is CPU intensive?

No matter what! At the end of the day, the latest version of Android can be ran on three year old hardware. Lol calling Android inefficient or a resource hog is just incorrect at this point.

Back in the Froyo days, yeah Android was a resource hog. Now, not so much.

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    I called it CPU intensive, meaning it needs multiple cores and high clock speeds to thrive. I'm running vanilla Android 4.3 and well as 10.2. Android doesn't manage it's resources as well as BB10 when not in use. I say that based on the devices I have right in front of my face.

I would love to see BB10 paired with a Snapdragon 800. That phone would be unfair. QNX doesn't fully utilize quad cores currently. So this argument for why BlackBerry didn't put in better specs is silly. The BB10 phones for 2014 will be a different story.

Posted via CB10
    playbookster and collinc93 like this.
    10-01-13 11:10 PM
    Sorry got my BlackBerry I D on that page.
    Posted via CB10
    Bbid doesn't show on the os page, see the screen cap I posted?
    10-01-13 11:12 PM
    NO PICTURE, Never happened......show me
    Didn't happen
    10-01-13 11:15 PM
    Battery is the main reason that has me thinking of getting a z30.

Posted via CB10
    Even though sealed unit. The phone comes with a spare battery pack! Which can be used for charging the battery through the USB port! Haven't needed it yet!

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 11:15 PM
    Bbid doesn't show on the os page, see the screen cap I posted?
    On this baby it does! Along with device name model number,serial number. Soft ware release. And device name for Blue tooth, wifi hot spot use!

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 11:19 PM
    On this baby it does! Along with device name model number,serial number. Soft ware release. And device name for Blue tooth, wife hot spot use!

Posted via CB10
    Sure it does

Take a pic of your Z30 with your z10 then
    10-01-13 11:21 PM
    I called it CPU intensive, meaning it needs multiple cores and high clock speeds to thrive. I'm running vanilla Android 4.3 and well as 10.2. Android doesn't manage it's resources as well as BB10 when not in use. I say that based on the devices I have right in front of my face.

I would love to see BB10 paired with a Snapdragon 800. That phone would be unfair. QNX doesn't fully utilize quad cores currently. So this argument for why BlackBerry didn't put in better specs is silly. The BB10 phones for 2014 will be a different story.

Posted via CB10
    What evidence do you have to support your claim that Android needs multiple cores and high clock speeds to strive?

Like I've said, a1000mhz single-core cpu and 512mb of RAM is enough hardware to run the latest version of Android.

Let's see BB10 run on that hardware. Heck, the PlayBook has much, much better hardware than that, yet it still isn't enough to run the so called "efficent" BlackBerry 10 operating system.

Look at the Galaxy Nexus. That phone has basicly identical hardware to the PlayBook and it runs Android 4.3 flawlessly, it won't run BB10 of course, but that is too be expected because BB10 requires at least 2GB of RAM to function properly.

Is anyone here actually foolish enough to believe that BlackBerry gave the Z10, Q10, Q5 and the Q30 2GB of RAM because they wanted to make their devices have good hardware? Nah, they all have 2GB of RAM because the OS is a resource hog.

Just got my Z30! WOW! Think that Z10 is fast?-img_00000407.png

Crazy, just the OS on my DAC is using as much RAM as the Nexus S has. And you think BlackBerry 10 handles its resources well? Lol

Here is how much RAM my Nexus 4 is using at the moment. Notice, this is not just the OS by itself, it is everything that is currently running on my Nexus 4.

Just got my Z30! WOW! Think that Z10 is fast?-screenshot_2013-10-02-00-48-53-1-.png

I'm sorry, but I'm not seeing the problem you speak of. My Nexus 4 has been on for 24 hours straight and it has 1.3GB of free RAM. I've never seen one of my BB10 devices have more than 980mb of free RAM. Even immediately after a reboot, my BlackBerry 10 devices use more RAM than my Android devices do.

As my screen shots show, just the BlackBerry 10 OS and Hub use more RAM than my Nexus 4 is using.

Again, saying BlackBerry 10 is more efficent than Android don't make it true.

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    Last edited by Saiga; 10-02-13 at 12:16 AM.
    Terser Nori likes this.
    10-02-13 12:02 AM
    What the heck are you complaining about anyways. Z10 runs circles around s4 and forget abt nexus 4. The ram usage is subjective
    On my s4 I never see it going below 800 mb free space. If BB10 were to replicate the freeze and go multitasking they could do it in 512 mb too but their design paradigm is always on and always live. Everyone knows how well those 512mb ics android phones ran. Anyways mobile ram prices have come down the years since most manufacturers are doing mobile than PC now. A 2gb ram component would cost less than $2. JIT compiler for Qt in the future will further improve memory utilization on bb10

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 12:28 AM
    What the heck are you complaining about anyways. Z10 runs circles around s4 and forget abt nexus 4. The ram usage is subjective
    On my s4 I never see it going below 800 mb free space. If BB10 were to replicate the freeze and go multitasking they could do it in 512 mb too but their design paradigm is always on and always live. Everyone knows how well those 512mb ics android phones ran. Anyways mobile ram prices have come down the years since most manufacturers are doing mobile than PC now. A 2gb ram component would cost less than $2. JIT compiler for Qt in the future will further improve memory utilization on bb10

Posted via CB10
    You seem to know what you are talking about.
    Can you tell me how the z10 runs circles around the s4, and I'm guessing obliterates the N4?
    What methods are you using for your comparison?
    I honestly just want to know if this is opinion, or fact.
    (please set aside ideology)

Posted via CB10
    Saiga likes this.
    10-02-13 12:39 AM
    Dude, s4 is really not so awesome, 2 of my close friends hold theirs dear and still love my z10, so if you want to post on OUR forums, play with some of our toys first, freaking unwelcome outsider.
    10-02-13 02:05 AM
    My S3 lags pretty bad. My S2 barely runs on jellybean due to the lag. I feel bad for the family members who have to live with this lag and they regularly comment on how much faster the Z10 is. You very well might be the one person who bought an S3 with no lag. Congratulations on that.

Posted via CB10
    My S3 doesn't lag......

But my 9800 Torch on the other hand LOL
    10-02-13 03:38 AM
    Some of you guys need to stop getting so worked up over peoples opinions..

It will always be a never-ending argument.
    10-02-13 03:47 AM
    Dude, s4 is really not so awesome, 2 of my close friends hold theirs dear and still love my z10, so if you want to post on OUR forums, play with some of our toys first, freaking unwelcome outsider.
    I have a z10, and had a q10. (some of your toys). I never had a S4, because I'm not a big fan of the touchwiz interface, and all the bloatware that usually comes with them (all my Samsung devices usually ends up with with a lot of preloaded apps/features disabled). I do have a nexus 4 (my third nexus 4, and I like both my nexus 4/z10 for what they are. I just don't make outlandish claims on how either devices outperforms everything in this whole world in every aspect. I know the limitations of my devices, and if someone else who has a z10 can magically set their phone up in such a way that it outperforms/runs circles when compared to another device I would like to know. I would like my z10 to live up to those claims as well.

I know that this is a blackberry forum, but that doesn't mean that you have to be completely full of s*** when comparing your blackberry to anything else. That's my opinion anyway, and it probably isn't welcomed since it's not giving hand jibbers to blackberries ego.

Posted via CB10
    aragone79 and walcolm like this.
    10-02-13 03:57 AM
  20. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    early feedback showing amazing battery life also ... best ever ... ok rogers!!! when????
    10-02-13 04:45 AM
    It looks great, but I am quite happy with my Z10 it serves my needs , and that is what a phone comes down too,
    but yes the battery with most smart phones is the biggest complaint, but my battery last most of the day, just turn services that you are not using but if the z30 came down in price, it might spark my interest
    10-02-13 05:08 AM
    I'm getting one!!!!! Can't wait
    10-02-13 05:21 AM
    I'm getting one!!!!! Can't wait
    I'm sorry Cylon, but you are one eyed. (Couldn't resist, sorry).
    10-02-13 05:28 AM
    How's the battery life?

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 05:35 AM
    I'm a q10 gfan! **** damnn I need this phone!! Any news on when rogers will have it here in toronto?
    10-02-13 05:39 AM
290 ... 678910 ...