Now seriously, were is the publicity for this phone? I know it was released in 2 countries, but still!
    10-01-13 05:06 PM
    Many people aren't interested in using a device littered with last year's technology in it. This has always been BB's story. I really thought they were putting an end to that when they launched the BB10 devices (which were on par with other flagships, at least in the USA).
    You should have figured this out by now but I will say this clearly. Blackberry doesn't care about the competition, it's just competing with its own devices. Z30 is better than Z10 and that's what matters.
    10-01-13 05:32 PM
    Great news...a pic would be nice!
    10-01-13 05:37 PM
    It does. Care to explain how it doesn't?
    Lag in native email app (at least a good 8-12 seconds.)
    Lag in dialer and/or contacts app (see here)
    Other lag issues (the only one I've experienced personally is the music player.)
    10-01-13 05:51 PM
    You should have figured this out by now but I will say this clearly. Blackberry doesn't care about the competition, it's just competing with its own devices. Z30 is better than Z10 and that's what matters.
    And that nearsightedness is what's killing blackberry. They need burst that little bubble they live in and face the competition.
    10-01-13 05:58 PM
    I want, give it to me ;p

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 06:15 PM
    Can anyone here who has a Z30 tell me if the LED is as bright as the Z10 is??. I use Bebuzz which gives me the option ot make it even brighter but is it similar to the Z10 LED light??
    10-01-13 06:16 PM
    Dude please shut it, why are you even here... you say that BB10 needs 2G ram to run properly... I say Android needs quad-core and octacore clocked at over 1.7ghz to run properly... while bb10 is known to be able to run on dual core 1.2ghz. Which do you think is the more efficient OS? Yes BlackBerry 10 requires a lot of Ram because unlike most other OS that requires an app for everything, there are a lot of core functions working in BB10 to deliver the superior experience which it does. BlackBerry Hub, Cascades Framework and even Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. How many other OS on the market emulates layers of another OS on its system! Hmmmm! If BB10 was running only 1g of RAM you would be here complaining about lacking specs. This is not android, BlackBerry 10 will outrun Any android phone with its dual core OS, but in time you will also see it utilizing quad-core 2x times better than any android phone can. IOS and BlackBerry 10 are just much more efficient than Android. Deal with it.
    Go play with your SGS3 or find a post to participate it that talks about how much better the SGS4 is but don't rain on people's parade here who are interested in the BlackBerry z30

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by digtech; 10-01-13 at 07:40 PM.
    10-01-13 07:18 PM
    Dude please shut it, why are you even here... you say that BB10 needs 2G ram to run properly... I say Android needs quad-core and octacore clocked at over 1.7ghz to run properly... while bb10 is known to be able to run on dual core 1.2ghz. Which do you think is the more efficient OS? Yes BlackBerry 10 requires a lot of Ram because unlike most other OS that requires an app for everything, there are a lot of core functions working in BB10 to deliver the superior experience which it does. BlackBerry Hub, Cascades Framework and even Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. How many other OS on the market runs another OS on its system! Hmmmm! If BB10 was running only 1g of RAM you would be here complaining about lacking specs. This is not android, BlackBerry 10 will outrun Any android phone with its dual core OS, but in time you will also see it utilizing quad-core 2x times better than any android phone can. IOS and BlackBerry 10 are just much more efficient than Android. Deal with it.

Posted via CB10
    This.

I was so pissed when I got my 9700 with 256mb RAM and my GF got a 9780 with 512mb RAM 6 months after me... Hers ran like a champ!

Now we get 2GB to do whatever the hell we want! Efficiently I might add.
    10-01-13 07:22 PM
    Dude please shut it, why are you even here... you say that BB10 needs 2G ram to run properly... I say Android needs quad-core and octacore clocked at over 1.7ghz to run properly... while bb10 is known to be able to run on dual core 1.2ghz. Which do you think is the more efficient OS? Yes BlackBerry 10 requires a lot of Ram because unlike most other OS that requires an app for everything, there are a lot of core functions working in BB10 to deliver the superior experience which it does. BlackBerry Hub, Cascades Framework and even Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. How many other OS on the market runs another OS on its system! Hmmmm! If BB10 was running only 1g of RAM you would be here complaining about lacking specs. This is not android, BlackBerry 10 will outrun Any android phone with its dual core OS, but in time you will also see it utilizing quad-core 2x times better than any android phone can. IOS and BlackBerry 10 are just much more efficient than Android. Deal with it.

Posted via CB10
    The Nexus S is three years old, it came with a 1000 MHz singe core processor and 512mb of RAM, yet it will run Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.

The Nexus S hardware can and does run the latest version of Android, but it will not run BlackBerry 10. Just the BlackBerry 10 operating system by itself (as in not even counting the Hub) uses almost as much RAM as the Nexus S has. So it simply isn't possible to run the full BB10 experience on 512mb of RAM.

You can loudly proclaim that BlackBerry 10 is more efficient than Android all you want, but that doesn't make it so.
    10-01-13 07:26 PM
    I'm just hoping most of the speed comes from a solid 10.2.
    Well yes, yes it does

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 07:33 PM
    Night CrackBerry - I'm gonna go troll on the imore and android central forums for the rest of the night and point out all the deficiencies of both platforms. It seems the hacks from those forums crossover more than the BB users do.

Posted via CB10
    Spawn12, badiyee, Jahcure and 2 others like this.
    10-01-13 07:38 PM
    Many people aren't interested in using a device littered with last year's technology in it. This has always been BB's story. I really thought they were putting an end to that when they launched the BB10 devices (which were on par with other flagships, at least in the USA).
    Isn't it ironic that those people who aren't interested in using a device littered with last year technology are on this thread, on this forum?
    Tell me, is BB10 platform last year's technology? Talk is cheap.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by wincyUt; 10-01-13 at 08:03 PM.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    10-01-13 07:48 PM
    I have a Z10 and I don't plan on buying it because it's the same phone with a bigger screen.

Posted via CB10
    Huh?
    10-01-13 08:02 PM
    Dude please shut it, why are you even here... you say that BB10 needs 2G ram to run properly... I say Android needs quad-core and octacore clocked at over 1.7ghz to run properly... while bb10 is known to be able to run on dual core 1.2ghz. Which do you think is the more efficient OS? Yes BlackBerry 10 requires a lot of Ram because unlike most other OS that requires an app for everything, there are a lot of core functions working in BB10 to deliver the superior experience which it does. BlackBerry Hub, Cascades Framework and even Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. How many other OS on the market emulates layers of another OS on its system! Hmmmm! If BB10 was running only 1g of RAM you would be here complaining about lacking specs. This is not android, BlackBerry 10 will outrun Any android phone with its dual core OS, but in time you will also see it utilizing quad-core 2x times better than any android phone can. IOS and BlackBerry 10 are just much more efficient than Android. Deal with it.
    Go play with your SGS3 or find a post to participate it that talks about how much better the SGS4 is but don't rain on people's parade here who are interested in the BlackBerry z30

Posted via CB10
    The Nexus S is three years old, it came with a 1000 MHz singe core processor and 512mb of RAM, yet it will run Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.

The Nexus S hardware can and does run the latest version of Android, but it will not run BlackBerry 10. Just the BlackBerry 10 operating system by itself (as in not even counting the Hub) uses almost as much RAM as the Nexus S has. So it simply isn't possible to run the full BB10 experience on 512mb of RAM.

You can loudly proclaim that BlackBerry 10 is more efficient than Android all you want, but that doesn't make it so.
    To be fair, bb10 was designed to run on 2 gigs of ram since it was built from scratch. android on the other hand has been evolving.
    That doesn't necessarily mean that bb10 is efficient though.

Sent from my LT28i using Tapatalk 2
    10-01-13 08:18 PM
    Isn't it ironic that those people who aren't interested in using a device littered with last year technology are on this thread, on this forum?
    Tell me, is BB10 platform last year's technology? Talk is cheap.

Posted via CB10
    Look at it this way, the platform seems good, but the "lesser" specs drive potential adopters away. If bb10 is good on "dated" specs, it could be great on current gen hardware. Devices would be a lot more future proof(which is always nice). Bb10 might not need a snapdragon 800 quad core chipset, but it wouldn't hurt to have it.

10-01-13 08:22 PM
    I have used both Android and BlackBerry for more than 6months each and I stand by my opinion, BlackBerry 10 is a much more efficient OS than Android. In fact in getting things done it runs circles around Android more than even I care to admit. Let's start with the Basic Multitasking. I can jump between 3 apps in the active frame before I can task switch to another app on Android. Knowing that the app will ALWAYS be running in real time and exactly how I left it...

Again I can run 8 apps in the active frame, and have all eight apps invoke 3 different layers from another app or function within the system and still having the system running flawlessly without lagging. For instance, I can open the search app, look for a song, play that song, share than song to what'sapp, have a conversation in whatsapp and not only share a picture to that contact in Whatsapp but also invoking the editing tool, email that conversation ... I did all that from the search app.. I did not task switch or open another app. Try doing this on any other platform. Also I can open the search app, Whatsapp or whichever other app.. and talk to the same person from the hub, the search app, Whatsapp, or any other app that I can invoke Whatsapp in.. everything ties together on bb10 and it just works. It's fast and secure and insanely stable. The platform churns speedily through task with only 1.5ghz dual core processor, it does more with less than any Android phone with same specs can. I'll be trying for minutes to bog the system down and when I do get to that point where it does start to lagg, 25 pages loaded in the browser and 8active frames which includes two games and 6 other apps than are actively invoking 5 other apps.. and jumping between layers of the hub.. the system whilst noticeably slower now, doesn't crash. And the minute I close everything it is able to fully recover as if nothing happened. Try that with android... after an android system has strained... you can guarantee that it's going down hill after that.. even so it's recovery is much much slower because of poor memory management and all the apps and so on would have left their footprints all over the OS bogging it down. Of course I could continue elaborating on instances where bb10 is much more efficient but It's not without its flaws, but for such a very young OS, credit must be given. BlackBerry 10 doesn't score the highest numbers on benchmarks unlike it rigged Android rivals but when it comes to real world experience it delivers quite well.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 08:26 PM
    I still don't understand the Z10 battery hate. The thing outlasts every Nexus device I've had by a long margin. If the Z30 is that much better it should be unstoppable.

"In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas."
    Which nexus devices are you comparing it to? Today I left my home with a nexus 4, and a z10 fully charged. 9 hours later the nexus 4, and z10 have about half charge left on each (used the nexus 4 all day watched 2 30 minute episodes, played music for about an hour, and checked email- all I did with the z10 was checked email, sent a few texts, and checked cb).

How are you getting your z10's battery to last longer than mine? I turn my data off, limit my total usage, and don't have anything running in the background.
    I think it might be time for me to purchase a new z1p battery I guess.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 08:43 PM
    Can we just settle this?

BB10 is RAM intensive

Android is CPU intensive

To hell with your efficiency arguments

Posted via CB10
    Rafael Angeles likes this.
    10-01-13 09:08 PM
    I have used both Android and BlackBerry for more than 6months each and I stand by my opinion, BlackBerry 10 is a much more efficient OS than Android. In fact in getting things done it runs circles around Android more than even I care to admit. Let's start with the Basic Multitasking. I can jump between 3 apps in the active frame before I can task switch to another app on Android. Knowing that the app will ALWAYS be running in real time and exactly how I left it...

Again I can run 8 apps in the active frame, and have all eight apps invoke 3 different layers from another app or function within the system and still having the system running flawlessly without lagging. For instance, I can open the search app, look for a song, play that song, share than song to what'sapp, have a conversation in whatsapp and not only share a picture to that contact in Whatsapp but also invoking the editing tool, email that conversation ... I did all that from the search app.. I did not task switch or open another app. Try doing this on any other platform. Also I can open the search app, Whatsapp or whichever other app.. and talk to the same person from the hub, the search app, Whatsapp, or any other app that I can invoke Whatsapp in.. everything ties together on bb10 and it just works. It's fast and secure and insanely stable. The platform churns speedily through task with only 1.5ghz dual core processor, it does more with less than any Android phone with same specs can. I'll be trying for minutes to bog the system down and when I do get to that point where it does start to lagg, 25 pages loaded in the browser and 8active frames which includes two games and 6 other apps than are actively invoking 5 other apps.. and jumping between layers of the hub.. the system whilst noticeably slower now, doesn't crash. And the minute I close everything it is able to fully recover as if nothing happened. Try that with android... after an android system has strained... you can guarantee that it's going down hill after that.. even so it's recovery is much much slower because of poor memory management and all the apps and so on would have left their footprints all over the OS bogging it down. Of course I could continue elaborating on instances where bb10 is much more efficient but It's not without its flaws, but for such a very young OS, credit must be given. BlackBerry 10 doesn't score the highest numbers on benchmarks unlike it rigged Android rivals but when it comes to real world experience it delivers quite well.

Posted via CB10
    TL,DR..JK. If you look at the posts bashing bb it's because of low specs. I think its great bb10 can accomplish that much, but the gripe is not with the os itself. Apps aside, is it really too much to ask for a current gen processor? Perception is a big part of the game, so blackberry needs to play the part(which from your post already does), but it also has to look the part.

10-01-13 09:15 PM
    Can we just settle this?

BB10 is RAM intensive

Android is CPU intensive

To hell with your efficiency arguments

Posted via CB10
    I agree completely about BlackBerry 10 being RAM intensive, but how do you figure Android is CPU intensive?

No matter what! At the end of the day, the latest version of Android can be ran on three year old hardware. Lol calling Android inefficient or a resource hog is just incorrect at this point.

Back in the Froyo days, yeah Android was a resource hog. Now, not so much.

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    10-01-13 09:27 PM
    Just got my Z30! Buttery smooth, Vivid colours! faster than anything I have tried! Anyone here tried it? What's your experience?

Posted via CB10
    What carrier and os?
    10-01-13 09:51 PM
    What carrier and os?
    Bought it outright 10.2, using Virgin

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 09:59 PM
    I got mine too, the app icons on the Z30 are more jagged due to the lower resolution/lower ppi. My Z10 at full brightness is much more vivid than my Z30 as the Z10 sports an LCD screen.
    For graphic intensive apps, the Z30 is a power house.
    As a BlackBerry, the Z30 is phenomenal.
    As a smartphone, it's nothing to write home about.

Personally, I prefer my Q10.
    As I keep my Z10 at about 30% brightness to save battery, would I notice the less-vivid display on the Z30? You've noticed that the app icons are more jagged, what about the games or graphic-intensive apps themselves -- would they also be a bit jagged? So what I'm seeing is for touch-screen afficianados the Z10 looks better unless the user needed a lot of graphic-intensive apps. I still want to hear about that battery life as that is the only thing that bothers me about my Z10 -- as a moderate to heavy user I need to recharge twice a day, occasionally three times if very heavy use. Otherwise I love it! How is the Z30 to type on (two-thumbed) if you have moderately-long fingers?
    10-01-13 10:31 PM
    Bought it outright 10.2, using Virgin

Posted via CB10
    What os version? If you press the + and - volume keys you can take a screen cap
    10-01-13 10:36 PM
290 ... 56789 ...