It simply emulates it and runs apps compatible with the API surface that they have implemented therein.
    Well, then following your logic one can say that Android is just one big emulator
    10-01-13 02:52 PM
    It does. Care to explain how it doesn't? I didn't say the Z30 performance was bad, but the GS3 does not need me to cheerlead for it to validate that statement.

Same goes to you and your source, BTW.

Lag is always an issue with Android on crackberry ;-) The only thing lagging is their market share.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    My S3 lags pretty bad. My S2 barely runs on jellybean due to the lag. I feel bad for the family members who have to live with this lag and they regularly comment on how much faster the Z10 is. You very well might be the one person who bought an S3 with no lag. Congratulations on that.

Posted via CB10
    LP_Rigg, badiyee and jupiter8 like this.
    10-01-13 02:53 PM
    My S3 lags pretty bad. My S2 barely runs on jellybean due to the lag. I feel bad for the family members who have to live with this lag and they regularly comment on how much faster the Z10 is. You very well might be the one person who bought an S3 with no lag. Congratulations on that.

Posted via CB10
    Sure...

Considering I just sold an S2 Skyrocket and have an S3.

But maybe you loaded a bad ROM on it. I've always used stock, and never an issue - both of those devices function[ed] flawlessly, with the exception of battery life on the Skyrocket being a lot less than the S3 (which gets me through a day and well into the night without breaking a sweat) due to the less efficient SoC/Radios in it.

I've heard a lot of talk about stutters on the GS4. I owned a Galaxy S and it was absolutely atrocious it basically locked up routinely. However, the 2 and 3 aren't anything like that, and you're either overstating to disagree for the sake of continuing this debate (which will end here), or simply baiting for replies (which will end here as well :-) ).

If my phone had performance hang-ups, I'd have bought another one. I can afford it without issues.

I'll just agree to disagree as I'm well past this discussion. Toodles...

10-01-13 02:55 PM
    Sure...

Considering I just sold an S2 Skyrocket and have an S3.

But maybe you loaded a bad ROM on it. I've always used stock, and never an issue. But I'll just agree to disagree as I'm well past this discussion. Toodles...

It's stock. Lag on and catch you later.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 02:59 PM
    Well, then following your logic one can say that Android is just one big emulator
    Sure, if your reading comprehension is deficient.
    10-01-13 03:00 PM
    Sure, if your reading comprehension is deficient.
    Care to explain?
    10-01-13 03:03 PM
    It means I have no clue how you could come to that conclusion, short if not understanding what I'm saying.

10-01-13 03:03 PM
    It means I have no clue how you could come to that conclusion, short if not understanding what I'm saying.

I see. I hope you have at least some clue of what Android is.
    10-01-13 03:05 PM
    I know what Dalvik does. Its a VM, not an emulator. This allows it to be ported to different Arch without requiring non-native apps to be recompiled in many cases, like many Java apps. This is not the same as you're implying. Maybe I just missed the sarcasm?

What clue do you have to offer me?

10-01-13 03:07 PM
    I can not wait till it shows up on AT&T. Maybe this one will be in white and not just black like the Z10
    10-01-13 03:11 PM
    When I go to housing projects, ***** is used in a non-derogatory way by females referring to each other informally.

But you do not see me referring to you as such, do you?

It's all about context and intent, and we all know what the intent was. Semantics is not that strong, buddy.
    OK buddy. That's a bit of a stretch

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 03:12 PM
    I know what Dalvik does. Its a VM not an emulator.

What cluendo you have to offer me?

Good, so, you finally started to use search engine to update your knowledge Now, next step would be to google/bing/yahoo for what BlackBerry Android runtime is Then read a bit of what Android is (apart VM, like modified Linux kernel, modified GNU libraries) and you'll come to quite interesting conclusion that BB10 doesn't need to have a full Android to run their apps, they would need few libs (the one Google so thoughtfully modified to make it incompatible with GNU), because the rest are drivers and various managers that BB10 already has.
    badiyee likes this.
    10-01-13 03:13 PM
    OK buddy. That's a bit of a stretch

Posted via CB10
    Its a valid analogy and get the point across.

10-01-13 03:13 PM
    Good, so, you finally started to use search engine to update your knowledge Now, next step would be to google/bing/yahoo for what BlackBerry Android runtime is Then read a bit of what Android is (apart VM, like modified Linux kernel, modified GNU libraries) and you'll come to quite interesting conclusion that BB10 doesn't need to have a full Android to run their apps, they would need few libs (the one Google so thoughtfully modified to make it incompatible with GNU), because the rest are drivers and various managers that BB10 already has.
    What? No. Just stop.

10-01-13 03:14 PM
    Comment from an iPhone 5 user who saw me start Whatsapp on my Z10: WOW, that is fast 8-).

Z30 should even be better. Heck who cares about apps when you can get a snappy phone with superb battery life ?
    10-01-13 03:16 PM
    Thanks for sharing OP. It looks pretty sweet to me. I like the speakers and the huge battery. I'm going to stick with my Z10 for now though. I love the size and the speed of this thing. I also prefer the design of the Z10...I'm not a huge fan of the gray bar at the bottom of the Z30. I'm glad they released a larger device with good performance though. Hopefully it sells well.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 03:32 PM
    I'm just hoping most of the speed comes from a solid 10.2.
    Ben1232 likes this.
    10-01-13 03:34 PM
    Meh, I got my LG G2 a few days ago. Not interested in the Z30 at all. While using this beast of a phone, I can't help but dream of what could have been if BlackBerry only acted a little more like LG.

LG designs phones like the survival of their company depends on it (which it does). BlackBerry designs their phones like they believe everyone is stupid and won't notice how far behind they are. It is a shame.
    10-01-13 03:34 PM
    Why the heck isnt this out in canada yet? First time I wished I lived in a foreign country -_-....just to get my hands on this device.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 03:36 PM
    Which basically means that bb10 isnt running the full android OS like someone else stated, and which n8ter#AC has been saying all along.
    LWKING likes this.
    10-01-13 03:37 PM
    Which basically means that bb10 isnt running the full android OS like someone else stated, and which n8ter#AC has been saying all along.
    Wasn't argue about that statement It probably has the most important part of Android, its VM n8ter#AC couldn't even decide whether VM is emulator or not...
    10-01-13 04:02 PM
    Just got my Z30! Buttery smooth, Vivid colours! faster than anything I have tried! Anyone here tried it? What's your experience?

Posted via CB10
    That is not fair! Quit teasing! When is BB going to sell the Z30 direct?
    10-01-13 04:02 PM
    i think if i get on the teacher plan I can upgrade every year for a $150 fee... or something...

Z30 in Feb? ...
    10-01-13 04:13 PM
    Congrats op, YOUR PREFERENCE in phones is great

The Z30 is growing on me the more I see it

Posted via my CB Q10
    10-01-13 04:54 PM
    I'll be picking up a couple Z30s, but am really interested in newer Z10 form factor but with a stretched out screen (perhaps 4.7" like the HTC One if the bezel becomes smaller?)
    10-01-13 05:05 PM
290 ... 45678 ...