Hello community,

Yesterday I got my BlackBerry Z30, switched from an iPhone 4S.

It's truly amazing, but i have a few questions as a BlackBerry newbie.

My Girlfriend sent me some pictures via E-Mail from her digital camera. I got the E-Mail but I cant see the pictures. It only shows me the name of the pocture (SAM_xxxx.JPG). Also there isn't any attachement visible for me.

Then I looked further in the hub and noticed it in every email which has pictures in. Most of the E-Mails only show a blue questionmark where the picture is supposed to be.

Is there any setting I forgot to set up? What is wrong with it? How can I see pictures on my E-Mails?

Also another problem i just noticed: I just let in drain until it shut down, and now its on the charger and it rebooted. I'm using whatsapp, and my Girlfriends name isn't shown there but only her number. every other names are shown there but not my girlfriends. Why ist that? Whats happening?

Thank you in Advance and have a great Day.

OS-Version: 10.2.2.932, Model STA 100-2 (Germany T-Mobile)
    08-13-14 06:19 AM
    If you set up the emails in the hub! Then try this, there will be an attachments symbol in the hub! Use that

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 06:24 AM
    Do you have download images auto on or off?
    08-13-14 06:27 AM
    I found it, the auto download was switched off.

Now how can I see my girlfriends Name on Whatsapp-Chat again instead of her number? It's weird, befor the reeboot it's been shown. Now its every name exept hers.
    Last edited by muindor; 08-13-14 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Changed question
    08-13-14 06:33 AM
    The attachments should show up in a collapsible section of their own between the Topic and Text of the email, along with appropriate icons, and tapping them should download them.

Hub settings can be found in the overflow menu to the right; The auto-downloading of pictures toggle is in the display section.
    08-13-14 06:41 AM
    I don't know about whats app but you shouldn't just let the phone drain down til it shuts off either. That's not good for the battery or the phone.
    08-13-14 06:47 AM
    I Found the Problems, the whatsapp issue was that after the reeboot for some reason the contact was deleted, the name was still there but the number and everything was deleted. I now remade the contact and everything is fine.

And I now found the hub settings, its so much you can set up there, its crazy. I really like this phone. (Just looked at the iphone and laughed hehe).

@blueyestm OOHH dear, i thought I've read it once to calibrate the battery its recommended to let it drain once at the beginning and let it charge completely without any breaks. I hope it didn't cause any Battery issues now.

Many many thank to everyone here. That was really such a quick help here.

The Z30 is an amazind device, and this community is as good!!

Thank you for your help and time.
    08-13-14 06:56 AM
    Had similar issues with my Q10 earlier. In the WhatsApp app, tap on the person's name G scroll all the way to the top and add the phone number. Add it your you GF's contact profile and it should resolve the matter.

The only thing I noticed was that the number is kind of spaced out differently... after this, things are back to normal. You might encounter a couple more times of the same occurrence with other contacts. Just do the same. I so for a few and after that the rest seems pretty stable

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 07:01 AM
    My Z30 rocks and I hardly use my Q10 anymore
    08-13-14 09:32 AM
    Sorry, can't help with the WhatsApp issue. Maybe it's a sign about your girlfriend, lol. Kidding. Try deleting and reinstalling the app. Or try installing a different version, etc.

Sent from my...go ahead and guess?
    08-13-14 10:27 AM