I have shut down service to my Blackberry Z30 device in late December. I have WiFi enabled on the device now. I'm pleasantly surprised to still be receiving e-mail from all of my accounts, and the calendar app still has all of my reminders there.

I'm just so sad that Blackberry/RIM has shut down support from Canada. I would still be actively using my Z30 if Verizon and Blackberry Canada had continued support.

Anyone else still have a semi-functioning device?
    kbrant64 likes this.
    01-05-22 06:41 PM
    email will, or should work in theory. You might not be able to add another email account via the auto setup though
    01-05-22 07:22 PM
    my z30 still functions too on wifi so im happy
    01-09-22 03:45 PM
    I can’t add any email that’s not gmail, but other than that it still works.

edit: spoke too soon. Adding is no longer an option. Any accounts I’ve deleted and tried to re-add fail. I got hopeful when a Gmail account appeared to work, it just took longer to spew an error message.
    01-09-22 05:49 PM
    I can’t add any email that’s not gmail, but other than that it still works
    Automatically or manually?
    01-09-22 05:50 PM
    Automatically or manually?
    Auto except for iCloud, that one wouldn’t work either way. Gmail went all the way to trying to sync and stopped.
    01-09-22 05:54 PM
    I can’t add any email that’s not gmail, but other than that it still works.

edit: spoke too soon. Adding is no longer an option. Any accounts I’ve deleted and tried to re-add fail. I got hopeful when a Gmail account appeared to work, it just took longer to spew an error message.
    You can add pretty much anything email manually. Just have to get the incoming and outgoing info. Auto really hasn't worked well for awhile now on most accounts.
    01-09-22 06:10 PM
    You can add pretty much anything email manually. Just have to get the incoming and outgoing info. Auto really hasn't worked well for awhile now on most accounts.
    iCloud is a complete fail, still playing with the others off and on. Most of the errors are basically "failing to reach servers".
    01-09-22 06:21 PM
    I was able to add a gmail account to a Z10 that still had a BBID, and to a Q10 that didn't have a BBID. Both seem to be successfully getting emails, no error messages. I earlier added a hotmail account to that same Z10 and it seemed to also work (but I afterwards removed the account).
    01-09-22 06:48 PM
    Took a bit but I finally got a free Outlook and Gmail added - the Gmail account used the auto setting I'd previously tried but the Outlook account required manual. Problem centered on the smtp port number, BB10 has ideas on what it should be and I had to keep correcting it to work.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-22 07:31 PM
    Took a bit but I finally got a free Outlook and Gmail added - the Gmail account used the auto setting I'd previously tried but the Outlook account required manual. Problem centered on the smtp port number, BB10 has ideas on what it should be and I had to keep correcting it to work.

Posted via CB10
    Yep - you will find most of the problems on the outgoing end with that smtp setting (both port and address). Takes some finagling and hair-pulling but you can eventually prevail. Not familiar with the icloud stuff but that impossibility sounds about right.
    01-09-22 07:35 PM
    iCloud is a complete fail, still playing with the others off and on. Most of the errors are basically "failing to reach servers".
    iCloud should work, but you need to set up manually, you need the app specific password, and then read the fine print on Apple's web site where it says something about if TLS/SSL not working use StartTLS or something like that. Might be the opposite anyways, the default setting doesn't work any more.
    01-12-22 04:06 PM
    iCloud should work, but you need to set up manually, you need the app specific password, and then read the fine print on Apple's web site where it says something about if TLS/SSL not working use StartTLS or something like that. Might be the opposite anyways, the default setting doesn't work any more.
    That’s where I was getting instructions, even tried different port numbers I’d come across in different articles. In the end I just couldn’t get it connected.
    01-12-22 11:17 PM
    I have a Z10, Z30, and an original Passport that still work. I can use them with WiFi as media devices. My ATT Passport and my BB Leap won’t go past the Wi-Fi setup screen.
    01-12-22 11:40 PM
    What was the error message?
    One thing I noticed when you change the setting for SSL or whatever it has a habit of resetting the change you did to the port number so then it will fail to connect again.
    Just double check everything again before you tell it to go.

Just fired up my Z30 again, works quite fine, and really fast actually, syncing all my iCloud email and calendars

Posted via CB10
    01-25-22 05:52 PM