I find myself in a tough spot, between all my friends I'm the BlackBerry advocate, and usually push my friends into getting a BlackBerry or to download BBM, so needless to say my last decision here is a tough one, but I feel it's the only thing left for me to do.
    I recently bought a S7 edge, frankly I feel kind of bad leaving BlackBerry, and it pisses me off a bit that I have to do so, my latest phone (Z30) is no old, it is also the phone that I used the longest to date and is probably my best phone ever.
    I love my Z30, but it time has come to get a new phone, so I need to replacement, I like BB10 and I am 100% sure this it's the best mobile OS out there, I don't mind android but I just feel bb10 is better.
    That being said, BlackBerry did not make a replacement for the Z30, which I believe is their best phone to date, I still cannot believe you make a flagship and don't follow up on it, this is super weird for me.
    Like me, there are a lot of people who by now are just used to typing on a virtual keyboard so going to physical is annoying if not frustrating.
    I saw the priv, I used it for a little while, and while it's nice, it's a slider, and I personally don't like sliders ,and buying a $700 to glue it shut is not my idea of a good buy.
    I've been with BlackBerry for a long time, admittedly I am growing a bit tired of not having certain apps, having to deal with side loads, doing "tricks" to get Google play and maps to work on my phone, and while the android player works, it does hang every now and then it sucks to download an app you really want, only to find out it doesn't work or its not supported or it just hangs.
    Because of my location carriers do not subside phones here so I always have to pay the full amount for phones, when you pay $700-$900 for a phone, you just want things to work and you do not want to feel limited.
    Lately I got a OS update (maybe they should start calling these DOWNDATES) it has crippled my phone pretty bad, again maybe I could erase it all and repopulate the phone, maybe losing some data in the process, but again I shouldn't be jumping through hoops to get this done.
    I'm not sure what to expect from the S7, some part of me wants it to suck, so I am forced to get a BlackBerry (although I shouldn't know which to buy because BlackBerry has not made a Z30 successor) .
    Lately with whatsapp and Facebook boycotting BlackBerry it seems that even they do not believe in BlackBerry anymore, or they all know what we suspect for quite a while nos, that BlackBerry will leave BB10, it seems inevitable.
    So I ask you, if BlackBerry goes android completely (which I think they will) why, would I get a BlackBerry? I didn't what to see it, but I fear I am seeing it now, I keep running the possible outcomes in my head, but none seem to have happy endings.
    Sorry for this doomsday post, I hate having to leave BlackBerry, I hate what they've done to my beloved company also damn this latest update, my battery doesn't even go a full day anymore and my phone crashes constantly.

Z30 all day baby
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 03-25-16 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Profanity
    Q10Bold, BBPeter, bbtino and 4 others like this.
    03-24-16 05:51 AM
    I can understand your frustration with no new virtual keyboard devices being released, I for one would love to see a z30 replacement device, but I honestly think the next couple of corporate number results will determine if the hardware division survives or not. I wish you luck on your S7 purchase, I know several folks who have bought one and like the device even with the camera issues some folks are reporting.

I loved my z30 and also thought it was the best device they made and I always thought they should have updated the internals and screen like Apple did with the iPhone 5SE and they might have had a winner. But, thats past tense and now we have the wait and see whats going to happen as far as future devices are concerned.

Facebook pulling their API support was the latest kick in the teeth for the once iconic brand and I only think it's going to get worse as far as OS10 app support is concerned. Unfortunately thats the way it is at the present moment in time and we just have to wait and see what the future holds.
    03-24-16 06:25 AM
    Frustration indeed, I never understood why the Z30 never picked up, and I strongly believe if BlackBerry had some more polish and refinements done in a later iteration it would have been a heavy hitter for sure.
    I know it's just a phone, but it kind of sucks when you like a product as much, and Lord knows how many times my Z30 has gotten me out of a jam, so I guess you do get a bit attached to these things.
    Besides all the crashing and slowing down of my phone it can still hang or do things other phones can do just now, so I know this phone was something special, I am just dumbfounded that there never was a succesor, or at least an android version that looks similar.
    Facebook pulling out was a huge hit to BlackBerry, but honestly even when they did have api's their app sucked, so sometimes I question, is it really everybody ganging up on BlackBerry or is it just bad management? .

Z30 all day baby
    03-24-16 06:37 AM
    Frustration indeed, I never understood why the Z30 never picked up, and I strongly believe if BlackBerry had some more polish and refinements done in a later iteration it would have been a heavy hitter for sure.
    I know it's just a phone, but it kind of sucks when you like a product as much, and Lord knows how many times my Z30 has gotten me out of a jam, so I guess you do get a bit attached to these things.
    Besides all the crashing and slowing down of my phone it can still hang or do things other phones can do just now, so I know this phone was something special, I am just dumbfounded that there never was a succesor, or at least an android version that looks similar.
    Facebook pulling out was a huge hit to BlackBerry, but honestly even when they did have api's their app sucked, so sometimes I question, is it really everybody ganging up on BlackBerry or is it just bad management? .

Z30 all day baby
    I have several friends that were considering the Z30. Not one purchased one due to the screen resolution. We all expected to see a Z50 or some sort of next model that would be a flagship all touch device from Blackberry. Even today passport hardware with a good 1080 min display in a 5"+ candy bar form factor would sell well.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-24-16 06:50 AM
    I feel u man. I've had my z30 for time and lately I've been thinking bout getting something new and Idk what to buy. I crossed apple off the list since the iPhone 3gs days and Android, Idk. BlackBerry really f*cked it's loyal fans over again. Crazy how they release an android device when EVERYONE was expecting new bb10 devices. Smh. it's the biggest slap in the face yet.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 11:37 AM
    I'm in the same boat. Still using my Z30 & still loving it... but the browser appears to be slowing down, even after clearing the cache. I'm also considering the Galaxy S7 but haven't gone to the dark side yet. :-) The Z30 does what I need it to do for the time being & I might hold off upgrading for another year just to see what come up! At this point, I doubt that BlackBerry will come up with a Z30 successor. I will be shocked and surprised if they do. Oh well..., another efficient & practical innovation down the tube losing out to more popular & not necessarily better one.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 12:26 PM
    Had a Black Z30 bought a white Z30 still works like a charm - The newest version of Uber works which is great for me. I'm not going for anything new till the snapdragon 830 is out the door. I think the syndrome of wanting new stuff just because it's new is at play here. I don't expect to see new BB10 but I must say that my Z30 works better than ever.
    03-24-16 12:38 PM
    The z30 format (all-touch) is by far the most popular form factor in the world. The market has spoken and the majority of people want a vkb, not a pkb.
    I can understand BlackBerry still making a pkb there are some people that want them but not making an all touch in the line up seems ******** at best.
    Not making a phone that most people are likely to buy is IMO one of the worst decisions they have ever made.

An all touch with the passport internals using BB10 would be an amazing phone.

Just my opinion. I know I would buy it.

Sent from my battered and bruised but still kicking (just barely) Z30.
    03-24-16 12:56 PM
    An here I thought I was alone in this twister, the thing is normally I change phones every 1 1/2 to 2 years, but my Z30 worked so well and there wasn't anything out there, that I said **** it, I will keep it until it's successor comes all.
    Sadly they gave us the priv, admittedly not a bad looking phone but it's no successor by any means.
    I don't know why, but like was said In a few posts above, it's a slap in the face for loyalists.
    I will miss BlackBerry a lot, a least when BlackBerry was BlackBerry.

Z30 all day baby
    Mozdony likes this.
    03-24-16 01:57 PM
    I hear and feel your pain. Still typing out on my trusty Z30.

If they don't come with a successor I will be looking at going to the HP Elite.

I have had BlackBerry for 10 yrs now. I will miss them.

Best dang phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 05:27 PM
    "polish and refinements" does not help as people want apps.

BB10 was polished when it hit 10.3.2.

Z30 all day baby
    03-24-16 05:39 PM
    Why not try Windows before buying that Sammy? The UI is better than droid, IMO
    03-24-16 05:52 PM
    I hear you. My Z30 has been amazing to me as well. I plan to go PRIV when the Enterprise subsidized price at Rogers drops to 299 like the consumer price. I am a little nervous about it and maybe an S7 edge would be a "safer" pick but I don't want BlackBerry to fail so I'll give it a shot. I do like the idea of the ability to scroll with the keyboard to allow more screen real estate.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 07:04 PM
    usually push my friends
    Don't be that guy. At least not in 2016 or you'll find yourself without friends soon enough lol.
    03-25-16 08:14 AM
    I have several friends that were considering the Z30. Not one purchased one due to the screen resolution. We all expected to see a Z50 or some sort of next model that would be a flagship all touch device from Blackberry. Even today passport hardware with a good 1080 min display in a 5"+ candy bar form factor would sell well.
    I would have stayed with BlackBerry with a phone like this. But alas, even I left for an Android.
    03-25-16 09:07 AM
    I would have stayed with BlackBerry with a phone like this. But alas, even I left for an Android.
    Yeah several saw the end of their 2-Year contracts come up - personally or professionally, and there just wasn't anything to upgrade too... The Passport was just not what we wanted.

But that was when we taught BB10 had a future.... that one day we would get a newer version of the RUNTIME....
    03-25-16 09:48 AM
    You shouldn't push anybody to use this or that. Show him the device, tell them what makes it different from the others, and then let them choose.
    03-25-16 10:34 AM
    Why not try Windows before buying that Sammy? The UI is better than droid, IMO
    I think it's because Windows phones suffer from the same issues as BlackBerry10 phones. A severe lack of compatibility and applications natively.

Posted via CB10
    kbrant64 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-25-16 10:42 AM
    Yesterday I went into a T-Mobile store to finally get a look at the Priv and S7. I didn't spend a lot of time with either so my experience is limited.

The Priv wasn't a big as I thought it would be. But sadly the keyboard just didn't feel right. I know they had to make it shallow so the phone could be reasonably slim, but it just didn't feel right. Now I know what people meant when they said it was too small and didn't have a nice click to each key. I didn't like the squareness of the phone either; I wish it had a Z30 feel to it. Other than that it was a nice phone.

The S7 was decent but it just didn't to it for me. I played with it a bit. One thing I didn't like was when I opened up a text message. I didn't enter a phone number I just wrote in the message area to test out the keyboard. Then I wanted to exit. It asked if I wanted to Discard the message or Cancel and go back to the message. I was puzzled. Why doesn't it just save the message like BBOS10 does? With by BlackBerry I can exit a text message I'm writing and it will turn green and stay there in the list. I like that because I can do other things and then go back to the same message I was writing and finish it and send it. Now, this is the first time I've really used Android in many years so maybe there is a way to do it and I just don't know how. The last Android version I used was 2.3.4. But still I didn't like that. The screen looked sharp and bright, and the OS was pretty smooth.

I've read how the BlackBerry vkb can be installed in other Android devices. If I were to go the Samsung route then I would try to get that keyboard installed. It's so nice and easy to use. Love the flicking and layout.

I wouldn't mind trying out Android for a month so I can have a real world experience with it. In the forums I usually read how Android isn't productive and it's a toy. I'm happy with BBOS10 but I really don't know if it's better or worse than any other OS since I really haven't used those other ones.

Another "problem" I have is that the BB phones I have now are in good shape. These little suckers are built well. I don't have an excuse to get another phone! LOL

Keep us posted OP on how you like/dislike your S7.
    Lawrie Sherratt and heepman like this.
    03-25-16 07:21 PM
    I find myself in a tough spot, between all my friends I'm the BlackBerry advocate, and usually push my friends into getting a BlackBerry or to download BBM, so needless to say my last decision here is a tough one, but I feel it's the only thing left for me to do.
    I recently bought a S7 edge, frankly I feel kind of bad leaving BlackBerry, and it pisses me off a bit that I have to do so, my latest phone (Z30) is no old, it is also the phone that I used the longest to date and is probably my best phone ever.
    I love my Z30, but it time has come to get a new phone, so I need to replacement, I like BB10 and I am 100% sure this it's the best mobile OS out there, I don't mind android but I just feel bb10 is better.
    That being said, BlackBerry did not make a replacement for the Z30, which I believe is their best phone to date, I still cannot believe you make a flagship and don't follow up on it, this is super weird for me.
    Like me, there are a lot of people who by now are just used to typing on a virtual keyboard so going to physical is annoying if not frustrating.
    I saw the priv, I used it for a little while, and while it's nice, it's a slider, and I personally don't like sliders ,and buying a $700 to glue it shut is not my idea of a good buy.
    I've been with BlackBerry for a long time, admittedly I am growing a bit tired of not having certain apps, having to deal with side loads, doing "tricks" to get Google play and maps to work on my phone, and while the android player works, it does hang every now and then it sucks to download an app you really want, only to find out it doesn't work or its not supported or it just hangs.
    Because of my location carriers do not subside phones here so I always have to pay the full amount for phones, when you pay $700-$900 for a phone, you just want things to work and you do not want to feel limited.
    Lately I got a OS update (maybe they should start calling these DOWNDATES) it has crippled my phone pretty bad, again maybe I could erase it all and repopulate the phone, maybe losing some data in the process, but again I shouldn't be jumping through hoops to get this done.
    I'm not sure what to expect from the S7, some part of me wants it to suck, so I am forced to get a BlackBerry (although I shouldn't know which to buy because BlackBerry has not made a Z30 successor) .
    Lately with whatsapp and Facebook boycotting BlackBerry it seems that even they do not believe in BlackBerry anymore, or they all know what we suspect for quite a while nos, that BlackBerry will leave BB10, it seems inevitable.
    So I ask you, if BlackBerry goes android completely (which I think they will) why, would I get a BlackBerry? I didn't what to see it, but I fear I am seeing it now, I keep running the possible outcomes in my head, but none seem to have happy endings.
    Sorry for this doomsday post, I hate having to leave BlackBerry, I hate what they've done to my beloved company also damn this latest update, my battery doesn't even go a full day anymore and my phone crashes constantly.

Z30 all day baby
    Well, you're definitely not the only one! I'm also one of the 2 year Z30 owners wondering what's next?!
    Also my wife owns a business and can't use her Passport properly for business!...software issues, no Facebook application!
    My reasons are a little different for considering leaving BB10, I cracked my Z30 last fall but still functions, OS has become a little slower then previous and many Android apps have caused browser issues.

Now it's where do we go from here? Apple? I don't think so! Android feels clunky and slow for multitasking. The Priv is nice, but $900 for a sliding Android? No thanks. Windows is nice and has several great phones, but also missing apps and not nearly as good as BlackBerry for security.

BlackBerry essentially built the best OS in mobile, but did NOTHING to make it successful! Now we're all stuck here with 2 year old phones with sub par options to replace it. The dilemma is real!

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 09:13 PM
    It's like we were left out to dry....it just sucks, if it wasn't because my Z30 is giving up the ghost I would hold on longer, but even so, BlackBerry next phone is also some sort of keyboard, so all touch seems pretty far off or maybe impossible.
    It sucks because I feel I'm being pushed into android...apple is just not an option ,and Windows I have like -10 experience with that, besides, why swap an os without apps for another without apps, it makes no sense.
    And if there is a all touch BlackBerry in the future it will probably be android anyway, so it's almost like BlackBerry is just pushing you over to android, it's kind of frustrating.
    I should get my S7 edge in a few days I will try and keep you guys posted, but even if it sucks.....what then?

Z30 all day baby
    03-25-16 09:56 PM
    I still have a white Z30 in my hands, came from Z10 and before that, Apple iPhone 3GS.

Like many, I still believe that the Z30 is the most successful phone, and I do strongly feel that a successor with high specs to the Z30 (note: better screen and processing specs, better camera construction, quality [cue iPhone and S7 camera specs and design], etc.) is needed. Probably this might have been or should be the way to go and might be the first step to getting back on track. Proper marketing, time and the right people to do it and you have a winner...
    03-26-16 05:02 AM
    I feel your pain. Surrounded by iPhone, ipads, S6, ipads pro, even a HTC within my family circle, it is difficult to hold on to my BlackBerry love.

The fact that it is difficult to get a blackberry from any of the telecoms in Australia is another issue. The one carrier that did carry the Priv have plans that are terrible compared to my current plan.

I'm sure that if BlackBerry does not release a new BB10 device this year, I will have to say bye to my beloved Z30 and settle for less...maybe so...but the excitement is wearing off.

And that is the sad but very real truth

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 09:18 PM
    Like many, I still believe that the Z30 is the most successful phone, and I do strongly feel that a successor with high specs to the Z30. Probably this might have been or should be the way to go and might be the first step to getting back on track. Proper marketing, time and the right people to do it and you have a winner...
    Yeah. The sad part is I don't believe it will ever happen. Should have happened a few years ago. The device(Z30) was well over a year old when I purchased mine(like many others) - used. @OP. While I feel your pain, we have to look at what's the next best device that fits individual needs w/o being a BlackBerry. My 6Edge+ is better than I give it credit for. But, the battery seriously sucks.......and it's definitely not a BlackBerry. 🤔

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-26-16 10:20 PM
    If the browser hadn't started getting so slow on my z30 I'd still be using it but while the priv isn't the phone my z is/ was, it's not a bad phone at all. I'm with you, I hate that bb10 didnt catch on. Z30 is by far the best phone i ever had

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    03-26-16 10:22 PM
65 123