I'm just going to install the leak I've had dl'ed for sometime now and just wipe it clean.

Are there any issues using a mac book pro that I should be aware of?

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 10:57 AM
    I actually did not care about the official OTA releases, but now that I modified my phone the way I wanted and installed all apps, organized them neatly into folders, etc.. I really don't like the idea of using autoloader. However if you are updating right off the bat when you first get your phone, don't care about any other stuff, the a.l. is the best way. I don't want to take a chance with sachesi.
    Ya I see your point, and I was the same way for a while. Then I realized that all the backup apps for texts, and contacts make a total reinstall pretty quick. I make screen shots of my home pages and and just use it as a guide when I'm putting stuff back together. I actually don't like the ota cause I always seem to have bugs, like speed dials get messed up and it thinks they are there and won't let me add then again, contacts mix up numbers, just weird stuff.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 11:00 AM
    yeah, i gave up on waiting for verizon Q10. downloaded last night via Sachesi on Rogers. works like a charm. love it. took 20min tops
    02-10-14 11:03 AM
    Ya I see your point, and I was the same way for a while. Then I realized that all the backup apps for texts, and contacts make a total reinstall pretty quick. I make screen shots of my home pages and and just use it as a guide when I'm putting stuff back together. I actually don't like the ota cause I always seem to have bugs, like speed dials get messed up and it thinks they are there and won't let me add then again, contacts mix up numbers, just weird stuff.

Posted via CB10
    Can we backup all apps and the folders they are in?
    I am not worried about contacts since they all come from exchange server and stored there, and I don't use SMS.
    Email accounts will be headache to set up all 7 of them, and then having to wait for them to sync all over..

I will wait 1 or 2 more days and just flash new one if there is nothing from VZW.

May I ask which source did you use for yours?
    02-10-14 11:07 AM
    Verizon never fails to disappoint.....at least I can play with 10.2.1 on my old z10
    Relletti likes this.
    02-10-14 11:12 AM
    Verizon is always late to update a phone. I'm getting my Z30 on Wednesday and I was hoping it had the latest update...

Sent from my Galaxy
    02-10-14 11:21 AM
    What a GIANT let down!

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 11:22 AM
    What a GIANT let down!

Posted via CB10

It is a letdown but did verizon actually announce or advertise this? I don't think we can blame them. If everyone who stopped by and posted something here actually called verizon maybe we could have some proper response, or even manage to push them into notice BB owners and do something about it. Sadly, I am not a verizon customer so I can't really call and push them.

I have been pushing AT&T to release Z30, though..
    02-10-14 11:30 AM
    I actually did not care about the official OTA releases, but now that I modified my phone the way I wanted and installed all apps, organized them neatly into folders, etc.. I really don't like the idea of using autoloader. However if you are updating right off the bat when you first get your phone, don't care about any other stuff, the a.l. is the best way. I don't want to take a chance with sachesi.
    I didn't want to take that chance for a long time too, but I got tired of waiting for features I really needed on my Q10. Loading leaks is an inconvenience that's well worth the effort. I'm sure I don't know why Big Red takes so long releasing these important updates, but some of us can't wait.
    02-10-14 11:46 AM
    I just hate feeling like I am being jerked around. We waited through how many delays for BB10, and then we waited for how many months to get a BB10 phone in the US, and now we are waiting how much longer for a freaking update!!I love my Q, I love the OS, but when is enough enough??

Whats the saying "Fool me once, shame on you" (delayed OS) " Fool me twice, shame on me" (delayed phone release) "but fool me thrice, SCREW YOU, Im done!" (delayed OS update)
    02-10-14 12:09 PM
    .....Ouch!
    02-10-14 12:14 PM
    The official is the the same as that version of the leak. And it is still a long way to go in Feb. Complain in March.
    Are you running an official or a leak?

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 12:15 PM
    Along these lines, I have never loaded a leak of the OS, perhaps I am just too risk averse. I have BlackBerry link on my MBP at home, though frankly never use it. Don't use my Q for pictures or music and all my email is either imap or exchange active sync. Should I just bite the bullet and put link on my work PC and download the leaked version?

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 12:18 PM
    i updated the latest link and hooked up my vzw z30 and it did not find an update.
    i am installing the 10.2.1.537 "official release" through sachesi now.
    02-10-14 12:30 PM
    We waited and waited, but most of the US didn't, so for the carrier became less and less of a priority...Just guessing. Oh and ah waiting
    02-10-14 12:42 PM
    Along these lines, I have never loaded a leak of the OS, perhaps I am just too risk averse. I have BlackBerry link on my MBP at home, though frankly never use it. Don't use my Q for pictures or music and all my email is either imap or exchange active sync. Should I just bite the bullet and put link on my work PC and download the leaked version?

Posted via CB10
    I would! 1925 has important new features and performance improvements galore.
    02-10-14 12:43 PM
    I would! 1925 has important new features and performance improvements galore.
    Did you use autoloader or sachesi to upgrade yours?
    02-10-14 12:45 PM
    i updated the latest link and hooked up my vzw z30 and it did not find an update.
    i am installing the 10.2.1.537 "official release" through sachesi now.
    Good luck, I am just this far from doing that myself, but what source are you using on Sachesi to get 10.2.1.537?

I just hate feeling like I am being jerked around. We waited through how many delays for BB10, and then we waited for how many months to get a BB10 phone in the US, and now we are waiting how much longer for a freaking update!!I love my Q, I love the OS, but when is enough enough??

Whats the saying "Fool me once, shame on you" (delayed OS) " Fool me twice, shame on me" (delayed phone release) "but fool me thrice, SCREW YOU, Im done!" (delayed OS update)
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-doing-903792/
    02-10-14 12:46 PM
    I have tried the leak but there is the MMS issue with it on Verizon. I need to official release.
    What MMS issue? I'm on Verizon and it works on my Z10.
    02-10-14 12:55 PM
    Why are people let down after rumors don't pan out?
    02-10-14 01:11 PM
    gonna be a couple of weeks most likely
    Couple of weeks before the end of 2014....
    02-10-14 01:18 PM
    It is a letdown but did verizon actually announce or advertise this? I don't think we can blame them. If everyone who stopped by and posted something here actually called verizon maybe we could have some proper response, or even manage to push them into notice BB owners and do something about it. Sadly, I am not a verizon customer so I can't really call and push them.

I have been pushing AT&T to release Z30, though..
    Agree 100% with this. Folks, Verizon never promised us that the 10.2.1 update was coming to any device... it was a surprise when it showed up for Z10 owners. They haven't promised anything to Q10 or Z30 owners. There's been no announcement. If you put stock in dates given by someone here on the forums, or at N4BB, that's your fault. We are all justified in feeling impatient with Big Red, but let's be clear, they're not the ones who said we could expect 10.2.1 on the 4th or the 10th.
    02-10-14 01:19 PM
    Agree 100% with this. Folks, Verizon never promised us that the 10.2.1 update was coming to any device... it was a surprise when it showed up for Z10 owners. They haven't promised anything to Q10 or Z30 owners. There's been no announcement. If you put stock in dates given by someone here on the forums, or at N4BB, that's your fault. We are all justified in feeling impatient with Big Red, but let's be clear, they're not the ones who said we could expect 10.2.1 on the 4th or the 10th.
    Yep, the thing that got all of them (including myself) all excited was that people actually got updates on Z10 very close to (even before) the announced release dates. I don't remember if Verizon actually announced anything but I know Blackberry announced the global rollout just few days prior to that, and I think these days are based on what BB announced. Sadly carriers have ways of blocking these, and in the other thread I started many people from other carriers confirmed receiving official 10.2.1 updates on their carrier-locked and unlocked Z30's.
    So while I am the one who said we can't really blame them for not releasing it on the day of the "leaked" release day, we sure can continue pushing them for not releasing the version that most other carriers as well as BB itself pushed out for other Z30 owners. But I am still hoping people would call VZW and ask about updates to Z30 instead of moping here.
    02-10-14 01:27 PM
    I've tweeted at them a few days a week. Maybe if we all did that we'd annoy the hell out of them enough to actually release these OS updates for all devices at once. Then again, it's Verizon & they don't really give a damn about their customers.
    02-10-14 01:30 PM
    It is a letdown but did verizon actually announce or advertise this? I don't think we can blame them.
    What verizon did was release the exact same OS for the Z10 over a week ago, leaving q10 and z30 customers in the dark.
    02-10-14 02:22 PM
108 1234 ...