Lol no they did not. The white model also has the same silver slab.

Posted via CB10
    Okay thanks for the info it sure looks all white from photos.

My extra extraordinary Z30
    04-16-14 02:05 PM
    Okay thanks for the info it sure looks all white from photos.

My extra extraordinary Z30

Isn't Anyone Bothered by the Silver Tab?-665623504696837293_14916728.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 02:07 PM
    OP, you asked if others were bothered by this. Most aren't, as it turns out. (For what it's worth, I have seen this mentioned before, but only as a passing minor, forgettable annoyance.)

If you had titled your thread, "I hate this and you have to as well", then you could get defensive when others don't share your opinion. As it is, you've expressed your opinion and experience, and others have done the same. So the Z30 didn't work for you. It works for others. I'm glad you found something that does work for you in the Q10.

There really are bigger things in life (and BlackBerry) to focus on than whether it's justifiable for others to not lose sleep over a tiny piece of trim.
    I'm just responding to comments. Not trying to bully people. I do think it's a little silly to say "there are bigger things in life" when we're on a message board about a particular phone, however. It's only one thread. And nobody's losing sleep over it.
    04-16-14 02:22 PM
    The silver tab is a piece of plastic protruding from the removable rear cover. It is coloured silver to resemble the silver band on the body of the phone. The issue is that it does not sit flush, nor does it look good at all (certainly not better than a continuous ring would.

It's a design oversight, remedied with poor design.
    I don't understand what you mean by protruding from the back cover. Do you even have the Z30 at all? I don't understand all your gibberish. That is your concern. I just love my silver Tab. That's all.

From Zarafet my Z30.
    04-16-14 02:32 PM
    I don't understand what you mean by protruding from the back cover. Do you even have the Z30 at all? I don't understand all your gibberish. That is your concern. I just love my silver Tab. That's all.

From Zarafet my Z30.
    The rear cover, remove it. There is a silver tab attached to the rear cover that is meant to fit into the an empty space (where the sd and sim slots are located) and resemble the silver ring around the phone. I have owned a Z30; you?
    04-16-14 02:34 PM
    The rear cover, remove it. There is a silver tab attached to the rear cover that is meant to fit into the an empty space (where the sd and sim slots are located) and resemble the silver ring around the phone. I have owned a Z30; you?
    Based on these pictures..it definitely does sit flush..even my z30 looks like this..

Maybe you haven't sat the back cover properly..you should go check that..unless yours is defective..

Isn't Anyone Bothered by the Silver Tab?-gallery.mobile.en_ca.jpg
    Isn't Anyone Bothered by the Silver Tab?-gallery.mobile.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 02:48 PM
    Didn't you see my signature?
    Oh. That? Mine sits soo well, I think it's a wonderful piece of engineering. It's perfect for me. Even when I run my fingers along it, I don't feel any buldge. It's seamless. You simply have a defective unit. Go and sleep.

From Zarafet my Z30.
    04-16-14 03:04 PM
    The silver tab is a piece of plastic protruding from the removable rear cover. It is coloured silver to resemble the silver band on the body of the phone. The issue is that it does not sit flush, nor does it look good at all (certainly not better than a continuous ring would.

It's a design oversight, remedied with poor design.
    Not the most elegant, I agree. Overall, though, the phone has a fantastic build quality and a wonderful feel. Mind you, I usually use the leather flip case so that hatch isn't as visible.

I find it eminently easy to overlook.
    04-16-14 03:12 PM
    I have the white z30 and it is the best looking phone ever imo. Best BlackBerry made go date.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 03:16 PM
    Bye, Bye...
    Last edited by xenrobia; 05-04-14 at 05:57 PM.
    04-16-14 04:09 PM
    I have a Z30 in my hands right now. The bezel is smooth, always has been. I can imagine that if one weren't careful, it could get bent and then not lay flat. I've seen posts about the back cover being damaged by people not taking care when opening it. We bought this one after reading about that, knowing the risk (and knowing the back cover is easily replaceable). Fortunately, you pretty much only have to open it once, to inset your SIM and SD cards, and then you're done. Somewhere someone posted, "Open it once, close it for life." That should be in the official documentation for it.

ETA: Without that notch in the bezel, the phone would likely have to be 1-2mm thicker. If the tab was a separate piece (not attached to the back cover), it would be easily lost or broken and people would be complaining about that. (I had a Bold 9000 with a tiny swing-away piece over the SD slot and never broke it, but I did know a couple of people who broke theirs hot-swapping their cards a lot and not being gentle about it.)
    04-16-14 05:50 PM
    Bye, Bye...
    Last edited by xenrobia; 05-04-14 at 05:54 PM.
    ChrisHewer1 likes this.
    04-16-14 06:16 PM
37 12