BlackBerry should step outside the box and partner with Netflix for the release of the A10. They could introduce the industry exclusive "Netflix Edition". With the purchase of a BlackBerry A10, the new owner would receive 12 months of Netflix free. The A10 would be preloaded with Netflix on the home screen. BlackBerry would point out how Netflix could be easily viewed using a microHDMI cable. The Netflix logo would be featured on BlackBerry's A10 packaging and ad campaigns across all media.

BlackBerry would be the first in the industry to enter into a cross promotion with Netflix. Instead of the current ineffective strategy of indirectly asking Netflix to come to the platform, BlackBerry could actually approach them and work something out to benefit both parties.
    07-08-13 09:09 PM
    Why?? Netflix sucks it has no decent movies. Checked them out a month ago and couldn't find any movies worth watching
    bigbikeguy likes this.
    07-08-13 09:16 PM
    Why?? Netflix sucks it has no decent movies. Checked them out a month ago and couldn't find any movies worth watching
    Guess you don't represent the 10,000,000+ people who have downloaded it on Android.
    07-08-13 09:32 PM
    I don't see that happening but I kinda like the idea.
    07-08-13 09:39 PM
    Oh excuse me I didn't know you could pick what the rest of the Netflix user could watch. I think is a really good marketing idea, galaxy S4 did something similar with the new Jay-Z album.
    07-08-13 09:40 PM
    I don't see that happening but I kinda like the idea.
    Agreed.

I tend to think any partnership would be weighed towards Netflix's financial benefit.
    07-08-13 09:51 PM
    07-08-13 10:03 PM
    Maybe better for a struggling company not to co-brand with a company that is not failing. I do believe if they could co-brand with an interesting, successful company it could be interesting.
    07-08-13 10:10 PM
    Maybe better for a struggling company not to co-brand with a company that is not failing. I do believe if they could co-brand with an interesting, successful company it could be interesting.
    A company that added 3.3 million subscribers from March-April this year with a stock price of $233 isn't exactly failing.
    EddieAIG and mark37724 like this.
    07-08-13 10:20 PM
    A company that added 3.3 million subscribers from March-April this year with a stock price of $233 isn't exactly failing.
    I stand corrected then, my understanding that they were declining. Curious to know how you believe this would benefit BlackBerry? Netflix yes, BlackBerry, can't see it.
    Last edited by mark37724; 07-08-13 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Typo
    07-08-13 10:35 PM
    I stand corrected then, my understanding that they were declining. Curious to know how you believe this would benefit BlackBerry? Netflix yes, BlackBerry, can't see it.
    It might be the only way to bring Netflix on board, considering their CEO believes BB10 devices are not capable. Alec Saunders previously stated BlackBerry is ready to build an app for Netflix. However if they'd do that with this promotion, I agree it would be one-sided. There would have to be some sort of balance struck.
    07-08-13 11:12 PM
    I think it's a pretty interesting idea. Not sure how it would all work out, but these are types of things Blackberry should consider moving forward (maybe they have/are).
    07-08-13 11:17 PM
    I'd be happy with branding/logos on the box and in print/media with Netflix/Instagram/Spotify/ insert your app here.
    Get the apps, pay for them or create them, advertise that you have them and giddy up. I don't need the apps but many do and they are required for gen pop adoption of the platform.
    07-08-13 11:24 PM
    I actually really, really like this idea. It is a good way to get a big app on BlackBerry phones. I don't personally care. But, how mane people here said OMG no Netflix. It was there in people's wanted apps like Instagram. So, why not? Great idea man. Wish BlackBerry would really listen to these kind of things. A10 is the perfect phone for such a promotion. Large screen for mobile viewing and HDMI out for TV viewing. Why the heck not?
    07-08-13 11:32 PM
    Pulp Fiction, Rain Man, etc...
    07-09-13 12:19 AM
    A much better option that would benefit BB10 far more would be bribing netflix and others to produce (and then continue to support) apps for all bb10 devices rather than messing around with branding one model.
    07-09-13 06:43 AM
    YUUUUUP

Z10in' since the Beginnin'
    07-09-13 09:14 AM
    If you navigate between Canadian and American Netflix, I find a decent mix. Hehe

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 10:50 AM
    I like the idea, it is out of the box at least. It is great BB has $3.1 billion in cash, but what good is it if it just sits there while your products are falling behind? They need to spend some of that cash on marketing, partnerships (TH did mention exploring partnerships at the shareholder's meeting) app development, something.
    07-09-13 12:47 PM
    Pulp Fiction, Rain Man, etc...
    New season of Arrested development
    07-10-13 12:07 AM
    More like the other way a round

Posted via CB10
    MasterOfBinary and mark37724 like this.
    07-11-13 03:22 PM
    BlackBerry should step outside the box and partner with Netflix for the release of the A10. They could introduce the industry exclusive "Netflix Edition". With the purchase of a BlackBerry A10, the new owner would receive 12 months of Netflix free. The A10 would be preloaded with Netflix on the home screen. BlackBerry would point out how Netflix could be easily viewed using a microHDMI cable. The Netflix logo would be featured on BlackBerry's A10 packaging and ad campaigns across all media.

BlackBerry would be the first in the industry to enter into a cross promotion with Netflix. Instead of the current ineffective strategy of indirectly asking Netflix to come to the platform, BlackBerry could actually approach them and work something out to benefit both parties.
    And it would come with Netflix already sideloaded
    07-11-13 04:12 PM
    Sorry but Netflix isn't failing. They were in a tough spot last year, but they've pulled out of it nicely.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 05:39 AM
    Sorry but Netflix isn't failing. They were in a tough spot last year, but they've pulled out of it nicely.

Posted via CB10
    Ok, hence my retraction. Not that many posts, perhaps you should have read further.
    07-15-13 09:03 AM
    Ok, hence my retraction. Not that many posts, perhaps you should have read further.
    Sorry didn't notice that until now

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 09:40 AM
28 12