Hi all is there a way to install snap using a mac? I found the directions and I guess the sidebar program. I was following the directions and when it came to the part of putting in the MAC address into the address bar, it would not accept I did not get the directions or always got invalid address. I did install google chrome as the instructions stated.Should I be using totally different instructions or do I have to us a PC product. I am also about to install 10.3 on my Z30. Does that make a difference?

Thanks all

Ash
    03-13-15 11:33 PM
    Hi all is there a way to install snap using a mac? I found the directions and I guess the sidebar program. I was following the directions and when it came to the part of putting in the MAC address into the address bar, it would not accept I did not get the directions or always got invalid address. I did install google chrome as the instructions stated.Should I be using totally different instructions or do I have to us a PC product. I am also about to install 10.3 on my Z30. Does that make a difference?

Thanks all

Ash
    I'm not a Mac person. With Google's Chrome you need to add an extension or plug-in. The Playbook App Manager (I think it has been renamed). I have assigned my Z30 (and all prior BB's) a Static IP Address and use that in the address bar. But I think you can open Main Settings/About and then use the DropDown menu to see Network and grab the IP address you find there.
    03-14-15 09:10 AM
    I'm not a Mac person. With Google's Chrome you need to add an extension or plug-in. The Playbook App Manager (I think it has been renamed). I have assigned my Z30 (and all prior BB's) a Static IP Address and use that in the address bar. But I think you can open Main Settings/About and then use the DropDown menu to see Network and grab the IP address you find there.
    Yep the Chrome method works exactly the same on Mac.

OP - I would suggest using Sachesi. You download it, plus in your phone, go to the install tab and out in your password if you have one, then either search for the snap file or drag it on to Sachesi and it will install. Much easier, don't need to put it in developer mode either.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    03-14-15 10:38 AM