Thanks to the great community of Cb I am receiving a new z30 (trading my z10 and $200) anything I should know?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Elite1; 06-16-14 at 05:52 PM.
    Elite1, anon5645485 and brotherjus like this.
    06-16-14 05:32 PM
    Turn on. Set up. Mind blown.
    06-16-14 05:42 PM
    Yes, from now on you're going to be disappointed in other phones. Oh yeah, you're going to kick yourself for not making the switch sooner!

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 05:44 PM
    Congrats on your new Z30!

Use Device Switch in BB Link to transfer anything over from your Z10.
    There are a few apps & games available for Z10 that aren't for Z30, even though they work fine. (Several EA games come to mind.) Device Switch will bring those over for you. That being said, the Device Switch is really sloooow with BB Link, so before switching I'd delete any apps that do not store irreplaceable app data / game progress on your device. Examples could be social media apps, IM apps, forums apps like CB10, utilities like translators or shopping apps, etc. Delete those from Z10, then do a device reset. Also restart your PC before connecting anything to it. It takes long enough that it's worth the extra precautions.

If you use a case on your BB, one of the only downsides to a Z30 vs a Z10 is the lack of third party case options out there.

But really, not too much to know. Device Switch, then use. That sums it up.
    I'm sure you'll love it as much as I love mine!
    leehardballer12 likes this.
    06-16-14 05:51 PM
    good for u, i am jealous of u
    06-16-14 05:59 PM

There are a few apps & games available for Z10 that aren't for Z30, even though they work fine. (Several EA games come to mind.) Device Switch will bring those over for you. That being said, the Device Switch is really sloooow with BB Link, so before switching I'd delete any apps that do not store irreplaceable app data / game progress on your device. Examples could be social media apps, IM apps, forums apps like CB10, utilities like translators or shopping apps, etc. Delete those from Z10, then do a device reset. Also restart your PC before connecting anything to it. It takes long enough that it's worth the extra precautions.

If you use a case on your BB, one of the only downsides to a Z30 vs a Z10 is the lack of third party case options out there.

I would, but we're doing a same time ship, so I need to do a backup

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 06:24 PM
    Welcome to the party. Best Phone BlackBerry ever made. Enjoy !
    06-16-14 06:30 PM
    I got the Z30 in December 2013, and it's the best device I've ever owned.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    06-16-14 06:34 PM
    Great to hear so much enthusiasm! When they say the battery is good, how good?

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 06:36 PM
    That's nice I'm happy for you I can't wait till I can say the same. I have a year and a half left in my contract but I'm going to buy me the Z30 for the holidays as a gift to my self and have it ready for when my contacts up and I'll get me a prepaid card and transfer my number lol. I say this now and by the time my contacts up I'd probably will end up wanting a different phone. But that's ok because I came to the conclusion that I'm just going to buy all my future phones straight from BlackBerry so I won't have to worry about contracts and just switch up whenever I feel like it hope by then BlackBerry is doing much better!!!

Me and my Q10

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 06:43 PM
    Congrats on your new device

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 06:50 PM

NFL Mobile is fully operational on my Z30. BB WORLD says it's not available for the Z30, but it came over from my Z10 and has been working, paid content included. Games are much better on the bigger screen of the Z30, and I thought they were real good on the Z10. I also found, in my case, I did not even need Device Switch. Once I set up all my accounts and logged into BB WORLD, everything was there. If you don't want to start over with settings and stuff, Device Switch is the way to go. I really liked my Z10, but the Z30 is really a beast of a smartphone, imo, and it keeps getting better with software updates.
    Elite1 and csivk1964 like this.
    06-16-14 07:04 PM
    You are going to love this phone. I switched us to Blackberries getting a pair if Z10s. I have been using the z10 since April and liked it enough to get a a z30 which has effectively replaced both the z10 and the playbook. Amazing device.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    06-16-14 11:41 PM
    I would, but we're doing a same time ship, so I need to do a backup
    Same goes!
    Unlike how it worked with legacy devices, the Backup for BB10 devices saves all your apps too. Save yourself some time on both the Backup and the Restore to your new Z30 and delete non-essentials first before you backup the Z10.

I'm sure it will all work out just fine either way!
    06-17-14 06:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    Well, the battery is so good that there are times I go to bed without plugging my Z30 in to charge because I'm not overly concerned about it. I can charge when I wake up (approx. 45min charge) and get enough juice to last until I get home from work. Yesterday however, my kid had a baseball game I had to get him to, so I got a whole 5min charge while I was in and out at home. Started the day at 47% down to 19%, back up to a whopping 20% when I left for my son's game. (charging in the car is not an option at the moment) I thought no way is it gonna make it. I had to use the browser to access the schedule, look up the location for the address, copy and paste address to BB Maps, use Maps to get there (25 min trip) and still had enough to browse, text, call and use Maps again to check where I was on the return trip home when it was at 3%. I thought this thing is gonna shut down the antennas at any time. It never did. It stayed on 1% for what seemed like a long time without shutting down and made it until I got home. I was impressed...
    06-21-14 10:22 AM
    I did the same this morning, z10 + GBP94. Is a lovely bit of kit and is definitely faster than the z10.

Am a happy bunny

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 10:29 AM
    Congrats on the Z30! You're gonna love it!

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 10:38 AM
    Just got to wait for TheRemoteUnlocker.com - Let us unlock the power of your phone... to send me the magic number

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by tinker2000; 06-24-14 at 02:46 AM.
    06-21-14 10:43 AM
    I have had my z10 since last march and have enjoyed it.it is my first all touch device.now i just bought a z30 for a good deal on ebay .can't wait for it to come.
    06-21-14 01:58 PM
    I have had my z10 since last march and have enjoyed it.it is my first all touch device.now i just bought a z30 for a good deal on ebay .can't wait for it to come.
    Hey nuangel2! Congrats on the Z30!!! Nice to see you around again!!!!!!!!
    06-21-14 03:33 PM
    Still waiting. Am sulking now....phone is absolutely awesome at everything except being a phone.

My IMEI Number is proving a little difficult to unlock....aaaargh!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by tinker2000; 06-24-14 at 02:47 AM.
    06-21-14 04:48 PM
    Thanks to the great community of Cb I am receiving a new z30 (trading my z10 and $200) anything I should know?

Posted via CB10

If you know your way around Z10 then there is nothing to worry about. If anything unsure comes up, just come up here and fire your questions.

Enjoy your Z30... until Z50 comes.

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175
    06-22-14 12:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    I can go two days on a single charge with light to moderate use. The Z30 will also last me 12 hours with very heavy use, including lots of messaging, Web browsing, viewing videos, Phone calling, and watching HD TV.

06-23-14 05:57 PM
    Since I'm from Toronto, the major players are of course Telus, Bell, and Rogers whom I have service with. I like to search for reviews and comments from users, for anything from tech to music etc. I have not yet seen a negative comment on those carriers review page, with regards to the Z30. In fact all three companies in which users rate the Z30 have all rated it 5 stars... with hundreds of users of the Z30 taking their time out of their day to comment and rate it 5 stars, I'd say it damn well better be a good phone. My contract is up in a couple of months, I am looking at the Z30 since it will be free by then... but of course the Passport is looking good...
    06-23-14 10:03 PM
    Since I'm from Toronto, the major players are of course Telus, Bell, and Rogers whom I have service with. I like to search for reviews and comments from users, for anything from tech to music etc. I have not yet seen a negative comment on those carriers review page, with regards to the Z30. In fact all three companies in which users rate the Z30 have all rated it 5 stars... with hundreds of users of the Z30 taking their time out of their day to comment and rate it 5 stars, I'd say it damn well better be a good phone. My contract is up in a couple of months, I am looking at the Z30 since it will be free by then... but of course the Passport is looking good...
    Hello,

I am one of those people who gave the Z30 a five star rating on several Canadian sites, including Bell.ca, BestBuy.ca, and TheSource.ca. All agreed to post my reviews of the Z30. You can find my reviews under "TontheCanuck" and "Tony in Montreal."

I wa s originally with Virgin and had a BlackBerry Torch 2. Virgin was great when it first came to Canada; cheap phones and low cost top up cards. I then signed a three year contract with Virgin, and got the BlackBerry Torch 2 (9810), which was a great device.

In December 2013, I was ready for an upgrade, but Virgin didn't carry the Z30. I wa s hesitant to switch carriers, but ultimately I went with Bell because 1) they offered the Z30 and 2) they offered a TV app with 10 hours of free TV per month.

I chose the Z30 because I had a good experience with the BlackBerry Torch 2. I decided to go with a larger all-screen device since I found myself reading the news, Web browsing, reading documents, and ebooks on my phone. I can now watch HD TV in 16:9 format as well.

The Z30 is also great because it has a great big virtual keyboard with auto correct and predictive text in multiple languages. The BlackBerry HUB is great for messaging, as well as the pinch feature. The Paratek antenna is sensitive, and it has four speakers, as well as both HDMI and USB ports. Al in all it is a great professional and we'll built device. It even makes phone calls!

06-24-14 03:17 PM
28 12