This needs to be said, Those haters from BGR had it right.
    If you where hoping that the leak was a fake, sorry guys the pic and the specs are all we get.

BlackBerry's best effort and the bezel looks like two different phones where patched together.
    WTF!!!! Why wasn't the bezel made to look like glass running the length of the phone. The person in the vid appeared to
    be struggling to reach the icon's on the phone(should have a stylus as the overall size of the phone appears to touch the six inch mark).

The phone appears chunky and hard to hold, are those icons small or is there a row missing?
    Either way specs and looks wise I'm still disappointed, hopefully the real deal will be better.
    07-13-13 08:44 PM
    Look the thing we have to understand and accept as I have as well is that this isn't a spec race. This is an experience race.
    hf199 likes this.
    07-13-13 08:46 PM
    Where did BlackBerry confirm the specs?
    kfh227, Pegon_Fighter and ajst222 like this.
    07-13-13 08:47 PM
    Look the thing we have to understand and accept as I have as well is that this isn't a spec race. This is an experience race.
    Unfortunately apps are part of the experience now.

Posted via CB10
    pineappleqwer likes this.
    07-13-13 09:23 PM
    are those icons small or is there a row missing?
    well isn't that the million dollar question.
    are they smaller than normal icons on a 720p screen and that's why they don't fit (doesn't make sense)
    or are they normal icons on a 1080p screen hence the extra space?

Only time will tell, but considering your post is saying the BGR specs are definite, that question is a mighty big one before we can say what the specs are.
    07-13-13 09:42 PM
    You need to relax until you actually know anything for sure.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    07-13-13 09:49 PM
    just fyi.. the video is made by a Asian (relatively small hands), the phone is still months away from it's release and no where near final release..so just CHILL ..
    07-13-13 09:54 PM
    To anyone that is a fan of BBRY. Anyone that isn't ......................specs do mean something whether or not they make the experience better or not.
    agp101 likes this.
    07-13-13 09:54 PM
    Stylus in 2013. Groundbreaking.

07-13-13 10:10 PM
    Unfortunately apps are part of the experience now.

Posted via CB10
    That's pure bs honestly. And it aint selling phones either.

Sent from CB forums app with... (you can't handle this, it's not a bb)
    07-13-13 10:11 PM
    just fyi.. the video is made by a Asian (relatively small hands), the phone is still months away from it's release and no where near final release..so just CHILL ..
    At this point, it's probably near final release. You can't really make drastic changes if you expect to get it out, tested and shipped to stores by the holiday season.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    07-13-13 10:18 PM
    At this point, it's probably near final release. You can't really make drastic changes if you expect to get it out, tested and shipped to stores by the holiday season.

Posted via CB10
    Not true, BlackBerry had leaks of the Q5 months away from the release and the design changed.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 10:25 PM
    This needs to be said, Those haters from BGR had it right.
    If you where hoping that the leak was a fake, sorry guys the pic and the specs are all we get.

BlackBerry's best effort and the bezel looks like two different phones where patched together.
    WTF!!!! Why wasn't the bezel made to look like glass running the length of the phone. The person in the vid appeared to
    be struggling to reach the icon's on the phone(should have a stylus as the overall size of the phone appears to touch the six inch mark).

The phone appears chunky and hard to hold, are those icons small or is there a row missing?
    Either way specs and looks wise I'm still disappointed, hopefully the real deal will be better.
    I've got no problem dishing out critiques on BlackBerry. This comment however is a complete failure. I've watched the video a few times now to try and understand your points, I'm just not seeing it. The bezel looks ok, but that's up to individual taste, the person is definitely not struggling to reach icons on the phone as it's not any bigger than plenty of other large screen devices. The phone appears chunky and hard to hold, ...He's operating it with one hand...where are the specs confirmed?
    07-13-13 10:26 PM
    Not true, BlackBerry had leaks of the Q5 months away from the release and the design changed.

Posted via CB10
    January 2013 -- I think this was the first leak of the R-Series and one of the first shots of the N-Series
    I'm Disappointed The SEQUEL (BGR PEGGED IT!!!!!!)-thesmarthacks_02.jpg

May 2013 (Launch)
    I'm Disappointed The SEQUEL (BGR PEGGED IT!!!!!!)-q5-handson-01-580-75.jpg
    keypad likes this.
    07-13-13 10:41 PM
    I remember a really ugly version of that leaking, and they made slight changes. Maybe I'm wrong.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 10:45 PM
    The phone appears chunky and hard to hold, ...He's operating it with one hand.
    BB10 OS was supposed to be designed to be operated with one hand. Have they failed to deliver on this design goal?
    07-13-13 11:08 PM
    I've got no problem dishing out critiques on BlackBerry. This comment however is a complete failure. I've watched the video a few times now to try and understand your points, I'm just not seeing it. The bezel looks ok, but that's up to individual taste, the person is definitely not struggling to reach icons on the phone as it's not any bigger than plenty of other large screen devices. The phone appears chunky and hard to hold, ...He's operating it with one hand...where are the specs confirmed?
    Ok then if you watched the video how did you miss the fact that he never took his arm of the table.
    Every time he made large movements he fumbled around with the phone. He could barely reach the bottom of the phone with his thumb.
    This is a gesture based phone, I just feel very strongly that the bezels need to be much smaller to bring the overall footprint of the phone smaller.
    I want to be wrong, I just hope the phone gets some small tweaks before final release.
    07-13-13 11:10 PM
    Not all Asians have small hands haha!

Posted via CB10
    keypad likes this.
    07-14-13 01:53 AM
    PEOPLE

Wait until you actually see this and try this in real life.

Commenting on a leaked video is pointless. For all we know, this could have been a midget on a cold day.

Hold your judgement until the thing is released. Please.
    07-14-13 02:03 AM
    Samsung put a stylus in their Note series for a reason. Phone is just too large, which is a bigger problem to BlackBerry than Samsung given the gesture control being central to BlackBerry 10. Of course, Samsung keep inventing a stylus experience.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 08:42 AM
    PEOPLE

Wait until you actually see this and try this in real life.

Commenting on a leaked video is pointless. For all we know, this could have been a midget on a cold day.

Hold your judgement until the thing is released. Please.
    Erm, no! Commenting on a leaked video is the best time to comment. The absolute best! Why do you think the leaks happen? Do you think it's on accident? Nope! Most of the so called "leaks" are planned.

The best thing we can do right now is give our feedback. If we are unhappy with the rumored specs, or design we should say so. That will give BlackBerry feedback that they desperately need and might help them release a better product in the end.

Not voicing our concerns right now is the worst thing we could do. Rumoured specs or not, BlackBerry can still benifit from our feedback.

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    07-14-13 10:24 AM
    Ok then if you watched the video how did you miss the fact that he never took his arm of the table.
    Every time he made large movements he fumbled around with the phone. He could barely reach the bottom of the phone with his thumb.
    This is a gesture based phone, I just feel very strongly that the bezels need to be much smaller to bring the overall footprint of the phone smaller.
    I want to be wrong, I just hope the phone gets some small tweaks before final release.
    True, it seems big in the video, but if you compare it to the leaked picture of the back...
    It seems the guy in the video has small hands...
    I'm Disappointed The SEQUEL (BGR PEGGED IT!!!!!!)-crackberry-image-13-.jpg

Or the guy in this picture has big hands...
    I'm Disappointed The SEQUEL (BGR PEGGED IT!!!!!!)-crackberry-image-8-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 10:31 AM
    As important as that is, falling behind the competition is not good for experience. I hear the new Wp8 phones are rumored to have quad core and 1080p coming up so we have to be up there. No one wants to buy a phone that isnt as powerful as others

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 11:03 AM
    That's pure bs honestly. And it aint selling phones either.

Yes that is why you have so many threads on CrackBerry asking where is the Instagram app, or where was Skype before the poor port showed up, or Netflix, or business and productivity apps, or medical apps, or.... It is all pure BS and Z10 and Q10 units are flying off the shelves because apps are not a part of the complete smartphone experience.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 12:21 PM
    Yes that is why you have so many threads on CrackBerry asking where is the Instagram app, or where was Skype before the poor port showed up, or Netflix, or business and productivity apps, or medical apps, or.... It is all pure BS and Z10 and Q10 units are flying off the shelves because apps are not a part of the complete smartphone experience.

Posted via CB10
    Ecosystem is part of the experience, sure, I never denied that. But that's not the experience he was talking about. The peek flow and hub blah blah. Just regurgitating Thor's words about "experience". This peek and flow isn't what sells phones upfront. It's specs that show most when on the front lines. And the look of the phone. Then the question of apps comes in. Then peek hub and flow last....

I separate ecosystem from the experience of the phone itself. They're the same but so far apart on so many levels.

Then of course there perception, and bb has a very negative one. No matter what the phone's "experience" is like, this perception will nonetheless be extremely hard to change. So much about the "experience" of bb10. Apps are just apps. Every phone should have apps and that's why I separate them. Uniquely, bb10 experience won't sell phones. Especially not the A10 with the barely 2013 specs it will most likely have.

You can believe otherwise but to me it just sounds like I annoy you because I don't share your views nor own a bb anymore.

07-14-13 01:43 PM
28 12