09-06-13 11:11 PM
372 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Wait! Can you tell me which processor and gpu the A10 has and how much RAM? I haven't seen BB release them. You are making a definite about and indefinite product. Good luck with that.
    You are too

That's what this thread is all about.
    07-11-13 11:37 AM
    For the folks arguing about average consumers not remembering specs:

It doesn't matter if they know them forever, as long as there's an advantage to be percieved during the sales process, the top specced device has the advantage.

"Well phone X has the newest quad core processor, 13MP camera, 1080p screen, 4GB ram, etc This means you're going to be getting a device that not only performs well now, but will handle some future updates so that you'll be happy with this device for a long time."

That is an easy sales pitch to make, all of which is true, and beneficial to the customer. Also works if someone is researching from home and buying online, or comparing price tags in a store.
    Nharzhool, dannykavs and tofnow like this.
    07-11-13 11:39 AM
    If you hate BB products so much, why are you here?
    It's not hate. It's realism. Hate is saying BB sucks. They don't, they just try to push last years tech at this years pricing.

But I know that I had a hard time going with the Z10 over the HTC One... and most people are not invested in the BB Platform like I am. I have to wonder why would anyone do the same?
    See I am invested in the BB platform. The old BB platform. Yes, I understand it had to die. But since no applications transferred over, there wasn't the benefit of staying like iPhone users do. When you're in the store holding a Z10 and its running through your mind the number of apps that you need to side load and they may or may not work, and you notice an HTC One not two feet from you... If I am going to run Android apps...

It won't be. No need for a 1080p screen in a small device.
    Thus says the guy that doesn't use a 1080p screen. It's similar to those guys that say size doesn't matter. Someone posted a link against 1080 screens. The same site reviews an HTC One. They praise the screen. What is it ? Is it the brightness, color accuracy, quality, or resolution that makes it the best screen on the market ? Don't know, don't care. It is 1920x1080. Why settle for less ???
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-11-13 11:52 AM
    While I and everyone else wants a 1080p screen i am 99% sure its not happening. The specs are still pretty good and I still plan on getting one.
    My thoughts exactly, although I was hoping that they would go "Balls to the wall" on this one!!
    07-11-13 11:57 AM
    If you believe bgr for any type of news being good and correct your dead in the water right off the bat! Lmao

Posted via CB10
    Jonesy1966 and xBURK like this.
    07-11-13 12:01 PM
    Don't know, don't care. It is 1920x1080. Why settle for less ???
    If I can't physically see the pixels on a screen that size, but it eats away my battery life with no perceived benefit, I would settle for something different. :-) I'd rather have more storage space than a 1080p screen for the cost.
    07-11-13 12:13 PM
    Because I like BB products and know when specs are more harmful than useful.
    How do I put this, what's stopping the playbook from being upgraded to bb10? Oh yea, specs. Would u be impressed if the A10 gets a dual core then a year later thorsten says 'well we really wanted to being bb11 to the A10 but it's not quad core so it can't cope with it'.

It's not 'future proofing' as that's a non existent notion, but trying to gauge what ul need over the life of the device while remaining competitive on cost and ability.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 12:15 PM
    It doesn't matter if they know them forever, as long as there's an advantage to be percieved during the sales process, the top specced device has the advantage.
    Agree. I like to think of this as a "perceived" advantage that may not be a practical one. And you're right, the pitch is a big part of it. Often the sales guys don't really understand the tech stuff super well either, in my experience.
    07-11-13 12:18 PM
    You're not getting a 1080p screen.

• 5" OLED/HD/WXVGA, 1280X720, 24 bit color, S Stripe Pixel Arrangement, 295PPI
    • BlackBerry OS 10.2
    • 8MP Rear Camera with Flash, 5X 2MP Front Camera
    • MicoUSB, HDMI
    • 2800mAh Battery
    • 802.1b/g/n - HotSpot
    • NFC/DLNA/MicroSIM

And that's all I'm willing to give up... right now... cause there's different versions.
    What does the 5X in "5X 2MP Front Camera mean?" Thanks :-)
    07-11-13 12:18 PM
    For those that may not have noticed, the S4 isn't selling near as well as anyone, especially Samsung, had hoped, and the iPhone 5 follows suit. Call it 'slack tide' if you will, or market saturation. The natives (smartphone users) are either sated from their previous feast, or they are working up a frenzy leading to the Next Great Hunt. At this point, time will tell, and fortune will favor the bold. (no pun intended)
    Jonesy1966 likes this.
    07-11-13 12:21 PM
    We have to face two aspects: the loyal BB-user which will purchase a BB A10 cause of its loyality to Blackberry and in knowledge of the quality of OS10... and the crowd that has to be convinced- they have to be seduced to change their iOS and android-devices. Therefore it needs suitable specs... It doesnt matter if outstanding specs will produce an outstanding performance.
    And cross my heart- BlackBerry has to EARN money and cant hope that good shall triumph... Sex (resp. spex) sells- at undecided investors...
    Last edited by BergerKing; 07-11-13 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Deleted offensive comment. Choose comparisons wisely.
    07-11-13 12:22 PM
    Specs appeal to a particular type of buyer, and it's a relatively small niche.

The vast majority of consumers care what a device can do. It doesn't matter to them what hardware it takes to make it happen, as long as it works well. This is where Apple, Samsung and BlackBerry have all missed out in the current round of phones. Apple and Samsung have seen some disappointing sales in addition to BB. Why? Because the newest round of phones doesn't do all that much different from the previous round. They have new specs, but they don't DO anything different or better for me. The S4 has a couple of gimmicks, but nothing substantial. The iPhone 5 added a row of icons' worth of screen. Yippee.

If BB wants to seriously regain a foothold, then it has to offer something that people want, or think they want, that the other phones don't do. And it has to be something you can really convey and sell in a print ad or short commercial. Like Siri. People think it's cool, it's easy to convey what it does in a few seconds, and it felt (at the time) so much more advanced than anyone else.

"Hey look your inbox has more stuff in it" description of the Hub doesn't cut it. Having a giant media phone that isn't slick loading media on to doesn't cut it.

There are other phones with 5" screens out there that do pretty much the same stuff as the A10 will do (and have more apps to boot). BlackBerry needs to offer something truly cool and unique to show that they didn't just catch up, they've got something special for you.
    xBURK and mwgiii like this.
    07-11-13 12:26 PM
    [QUOTE=letmein13;8803840] People's decision to compare the specs between 2 phones is made at a "subconscious" level before purchasing a new phone.

What part of a "subconscious" level don't you understand?

You can't be serious. You know this how? When did you develop the power to read minds and how long did it take to read all the minds of the smartphone buying population?
    07-11-13 12:50 PM
    At this point, time will tell, and fortune will favor the bold. (no pun intended)
    Dual core is bold at the end of 2013, jus not in the right way lol

Posted via CB10
    Mr.Willie likes this.
    07-11-13 01:06 PM
    If you believe bgr for any type of news being good and correct your dead in the water right off the bat! Lmao
    Yeah, like that time they broke the story that BB10 would be delayed until 2013 that was totally false and malicious except it was actually true.
    07-11-13 01:10 PM
    IPhone does not have mega specs and it sells well too.

Posted via CB10
    But it does have mega apps. You can't just follow apple if you're BlackBerry.
    07-11-13 01:12 PM
    Everyone wants a secure phone. But why must BB charge the price of a quad core when they give you a phone worth only dual-core. I am talking about the hardware not the software. Anyways BB10 is not optimized, it requires high specs (I am not saying it is a bad OS).

I am ready to pay the same price for a phone that is less boring, has a better designed OS, runs smoothly an lag-free, and doesn't act like spyware, as for a phone that does not offer these benefits, but has better specs. But I'm aware that I am probably a member of a minority group.
    07-11-13 01:24 PM
    He has to protect himself from the random groups of iphone and android gangs that apparently actively seek out and challenge anybody with a blackberry to a phone duel.
    It's stupid comments like this and old attitudes that are killing BlackBerry in the smartphone market.
    I 'm sorry but didn't you hear BlackBerry's are being sold in a consumer driven market where image is everything and fact doesn't mean ****!!!!!!!!!!!! Word of mouth and wow factor are the driving forces in this industry, with all the cheap alternatives
    now more then ever to set yourself apart you have to be bold and drive positive appeal. This phone will be torched in the tech
    reviews and then will be snubbed by the reps selling it. And if you haven't heard or are too stupid to realize most sales are driven bye buddy A telling buddy B that this phone is cool and you got to have it. BlackBerry needs to have the heat turned way up or just stick to enterprise (stop the bleeding, if you won't deliver on the consumer side) Why does apple sell? Not because its the best phone. It's because the consumer thinks they have to have it, because there friends do, and it makes them feel good to show off there latest app or game. Anyways that is all (agree or not that is my view)
    advcomputer likes this.
    07-11-13 01:29 PM
    I would prefer to pay more and get more horsepower with higher definition. I know that there is an effort to balance price, performance, and margins. I would like Blackberry to offer up the highest end product (not talking Porsche design or gold plated), perhaps in fewer quanities, to offer those that want the best to get it. I just can't imagine that it would be that hard to do a production run of whatever model they choose and substitute a few different parts for a day's run of a beefed-up horsepower version. Might as well throw in a better camera while they're at it.
    07-11-13 01:36 PM
    It's stupid comments like this and old attitudes that are killing BlackBerry in the smartphone market.
    I 'm sorry but didn't you hear BlackBerry's are being sold in a consumer driven market where image is everything and fact doesn't mean ****!!!!!!!!!!!! Word of mouth and wow factor are the driving forces in this industry, with all the cheap alternatives
    now more then ever to set yourself apart you have to be bold and drive positive appeal. This phone will be torched in the tech
    reviews and then will be snubbed by the reps selling it. And if you haven't heard or are too stupid to realize most sales are driven bye buddy A telling buddy B that this phone is cool and you got to have it. BlackBerry needs to have the heat turned way up or just stick to enterprise (stop the bleeding, if you won't deliver on the consumer side) Why does apple sell? Not because its the best phone. It's because the consumer thinks they have to have it, because there friends do, and it makes them feel good to show off there latest app or game. Anyways that is all (agree or not that is my view)
    I think you COMPLETELY missed the joke in the post you quoted.
    LazyEvul, bp3dots and Nharzhool like this.
    07-11-13 01:49 PM
    [QUOTE=40blind40;8800673]http://www.crackberry.com/blackberry-9720-and-flagship-blackberry-a10-still-set-release-later-year

I was really hoping Blackberry would take a risk, and hit it out of the park with the A10.
    Looks like its just more of the same, a Z10 wrapped up in a five inch screen.

WTF!! Blackberry.[/QUOTE
    Dont listen to word the hack site says about BB. The morons that run it are two bit cry babies that work there because they are talentless, lazy, stupid, loosers living in their parents basement at the age 45 asking their parents for the latest itoy.
    07-11-13 02:02 PM
    BB10 os NEEDS WAY MORE FLAVOUR OF THE MONTH APPS... WIth all the highend specs in the world no one is going to buy the phone if there are no apps.

That being said.. I would hope they increase the speed, memory and camera specs... Otherwise, other then a larger screen whats the point? Larger battery perhaps?
    07-11-13 02:05 PM
    So this is what the Z5 will have latter this year... what about the Aristo?

This just had to get a reload, lol
    07-11-13 02:23 PM
    If BBRY releases a phone in late 2013 with 720p and Dual Core processor and prices it like a flagship, I will have all the confirmation I need that BBRY is COMPLETELY OUT OF TOUCH WITH THE MARKET.
    07-11-13 02:36 PM
    For those that may not have noticed, the S4 isn't selling near as well as anyone, especially Samsung, had hoped, and the iPhone 5 follows suit. Call it 'slack tide' if you will, or market saturation. The natives (smartphone users) are either sated from their previous feast, or they are working up a frenzy leading to the Next Great Hunt. At this point, time will tell, and fortune will favor the bold. (no pun intended)
    What is "Bold" about the A10? That they plan to market it as a premium device?

Personally I'd say 85% of the people i interact with have a smartphone already...many of them bought one in the last two years. So it maybe another year before many of them need a new device. So I can see that in some major markets where huge growth has seen, there maybe some slowing in sales.

And who's to say that one of today's devices won't last someone more than their two or three year contract?
    07-11-13 02:39 PM
372 ... 56789 ...