09-06-13 11:11 PM
372 ... 131415
tools
    Here in the USA specs and apps actually matter.

I know that is difficult for Canadians to understand.

Poetry in Motion
    Since I'm a Canadian I'll bite. Why is it hard for us to understand?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 4
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    09-03-13 10:27 PM
    Not all of them. Me, for example, if I'm spending lots of money on a phone I want it to be worth the price. I know a lot of people here are like that.
    BlackBerry failed the USA consumer market who care about specs, apps and efficiency. They really had a chance.

If they can get the Z30 bigger than Galaxy with quad processor then we might get somewhere. People (the largest buyers-18-24 yr) want big phones and will buy BlackBerry if you give it to them.

USA-specs and apps
    Canada- data optimization
    UAE- ballin phones and entry level BlackBerrys for the workers

Poetry in Motion
    09-03-13 10:31 PM
    Since I'm a Canadian I'll bite. Why is it hard for us to understand?

You would have to ask yourself?

I'd rather see an American company buy BlackBerry in hopes to save it. HP?

Poetry in Motion
    09-03-13 10:35 PM
    I just hope that the pricing will be good.
    It's fun to dream isn't it?
    MarsupilamiX and nquyen like this.
    09-03-13 10:35 PM
    . People (the largest buyers-18-24 yr) want big phones and will buy BlackBerry if you give it to them.
    Wait..
    Did you just seriously want to tell me, that the 18-24yr crowd, is financially the one with the most spare income to spend?

If yes, you may just stay quiet on every business related subject from now on.

USA-specs and apps
    But you can even be funnier!

Canada: Data optimization?

Really?
    What the...
    I mean, seriously?
    Have you looked up the stats for the Canadian Cell Phone Market?
    (actually it was a rhetoric question... Of course you haven't)

USA:
    You got the apps right.
    But there is definitely a number of "value buyers".
    This is pretty easily illustrated by looking at Apple's sales numbers.

They sell a ton of iPhone 4 and 4s in that region.
    The same actually applies to other brands as well.
    The mid range is definitely far from dead in the US.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 09-03-13 at 10:46 PM.
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    09-03-13 10:36 PM
    BlackBerry failed the USA consumer market who care about specs, apps and efficiency. They really had a chance.

If they can get the Z30 bigger than Galaxy with quad processor then we might get somewhere. People (the largest buyers-18-24 yr) want big phones and will buy BlackBerry if you give it to them.

USA-specs and apps

Poetry in Motion
    I have no idea where you got those categories from but it's pretty hilarious. Lol.
    MarsupilamiX and nquyen like this.
    09-03-13 10:36 PM
    Wait..
    Did you just seriously want to tell me, that the 18-24yr crowd, is financially the one with the most spare income to spend?

If yes, you may just stay quiet on every business related subject from now on.

Posted via CB10
    That is what I said.

This might help

http://pewinternet.org/Reports/2013/...Findings.aspx?

Poetry in Motion
    09-03-13 10:54 PM
    [QUOTE=MarsupilamiX;9115105]Wait..

Canadian friend sent me this yesterday.

http://www.rley.org/doku.php?id=writ...tions_strategy

Poetry in Motion
    09-03-13 11:06 PM
    You would have to ask yourself?

I'd rather see an American company buy BlackBerry in hopes to save it. HP?

Poetry in Motion
    Honestly I'm a little disappointed at that answer, but we'll leave it at that.

09-03-13 11:15 PM
    That is what I said.

This might help

http://pewinternet.org/Reports/2013/...Findings.aspx?

Poetry in Motion
    You may should try to understand what the stat actually shows then.

Your interpretation and conclusion is completely wrong.

Quote from the site:

"Though growth in smartphone ownership has occurred up and down the economic spectrum, adoption still varies significantly by household income. However, that variation is unevenly distributed across different age groups. Younger adults?regardless of income level?are very likely to be smartphone owners. Conversely, for older adults smartphone ownership is more of an ?elite? phenomenon: smartphones tend to be quite prevalent at the upper end of the income distribution but much less common among those with lower income levels."

Picture that goes with it:

The conclusion and interpration was already given in the quote above.

The chart and link doesn't give me an "n=" for the 18-29 year group that has a household income of 75k+ $.
    This means that you can't make any conclusions at all about about the average purchasing power of that group, from the link you shared.

We add to that the fact that the term household income has a special meaning:
    If I would be a U student, and I would live in my mother's basement, but I have no job, then the household income would only be driven by my parents.
    They may very well have an income of more or less than 75k $ a year, but that doesn't say anything about my personal wealth.

What's you have said, is so damn wrong...

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 11:42 PM
    You may should try to understand what the stat actually shows then.

Your interpretation and conclusion is completely wrong.

Quote from the site:

"Though growth in smartphone ownership has occurred up and down the economic spectrum, adoption still varies significantly by household income. However, that variation is unevenly distributed across different age groups. Younger adults?regardless of income level?are very likely to be smartphone owners. Conversely, for older adults smartphone ownership is more of an ?elite? phenomenon: smartphones tend to be quite prevalent at the upper end of the income distribution but much less common among those with lower income levels."

Picture that goes with it:
    http://pewinternet.org/Reports/2013/...509&h=505&as=1

The conclusion and interpration was already given in the quote above.

The chart and link doesn't give me an "n=" for the 18-29 year group that has a household income of 75k+ $.
    This means that you can't make any conclusions at all about about the average purchasing power of that group, from the link you shared.

We add to that the fact that the term household income has a special meaning:
    If I would be a U student, and I would live in my mother's basement, but I have no job, then the household income would only be driven by my parents.
    They may very well have an income of more or less than 75k $ a year, but that doesn't say anything about my personal wealth.

What's you have said, is so damn wrong...

Posted via CB10
    You're so damn wrong. Younger generation buys phones regardless of income. They want specs and apps. They carry expensive phones.

Younger adults?regardless of income level?are very likely to be smartphone owners. Conversely, for older adults smartphone ownership is more of an ?elite? phenomenon: smartphones tend to be quite prevalent at the upper end of the income distribution but much less common among those with lower income levels.

Poetry in Motion
    09-03-13 11:50 PM
    No comment on the optimization link I provided?

Poetry in Motion
    09-03-13 11:52 PM
    Specs matter big time. I'm surprised that there is still a "specs don't matter" crowd on this site.

Just ask 3M Playbook owners if specs matter. It's all about future proofing. What if your Z10 can't run future 10.xx upgrades? Maybe then you'll say oops, I guess specs do matter.
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    09-04-13 12:03 AM
    [QUOTE=BBRYed;9115224]
    Wait..

http://www.rley.org/doku.php?id=writ...tions_strategy

Poetry in Motion
    And I am sending you this today, from September 2012:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/09...n_1890571.html

Now something from 2013:
    http://bgr.com/2013/05/17/blackberry...anada-q1-2013/

You will see that the hypothesis you established, of Canada needing data optimization, is completely wrong.
    They buy their smartphones just like every one else does, and they can consume data easily enough as well.

Illustrated easily through some Carrier plans for data:
    http://www.windmobile.ca/en/Pages/vo...utmk=218050710

http://www.bell.ca/Mobility/Cell_pho...and_Data_plans

In both instances you will see that the plans are similar enough to US offerings.

As before, and without much surprise, you're wrong again.
    The article you refer to, definitely doesn't help you, as the thesis it tries to establish, cannot be right.

Would you please refrain to comment on topics you clearly do not understand?

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 12:12 AM
    Wait..

Who Really Killed RIM: Why Canada Needs a National Telecommunications Strategy - Harley Young

Poetry in Motion
    Bull. I have unlimited data (LTE) and texting for $65 a month. Actually it's less because I get a student discount. I have no idea where they get those numbers came from but $1,600 is way too much for 500MB data.

Edit:

Rogers: http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.por...bel=WLRS_Plans => $75 for 2GB
    Fido: http://www.fido.ca/web/page/portal/F...lyPlans/Group3 => $75 for 500MB
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    09-04-13 12:19 AM
    You're so damn wrong. Younger generation buys phones regardless of income. They want specs and apps. They carry expensive phones.

Younger adults?regardless of income level?are very likely to be smartphone owners. Conversely, for older adults smartphone ownership is more of an ?elite? phenomenon: smartphones tend to be quite prevalent at the upper end of the income distribution but much less common among those with lower income levels.

Poetry in Motion
    No, I am not damn wrong.
    You just don't understand the data you have provided yourself.

I suggest you reread what I wrote and try to understand it.

I suggest a 101 statistics course as well, as you seem to struggle a lot to even understand what a basic chart/stat means.

Again:
    You cannot draw any conclusions on the purchasing power any generation has from this stat, because it is not broken down, how the population of each age group is distributed through the income groups.

The stat also doesn't show, how much the population spends for smartphones. It only shows that the youth has more interest in smartphones as a whole.
    But how much each smartphone sale is worth per average for each age and income group, is not broken down.

The conclusion you make is simply wrong because there is no data to support it.
    The quote from the link you just reused, proves my point.
    You really should understand the data you utilise.
    It may become emberassing if you cannot guarantee for it.

Btw, of course I am able to prove what I say, and in this case I say it clearly:
    The age group of 18-29 DOES NOT HAVE the biggest spare income of all age groups in the US.
    This is complete nonsense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Househo...usehold_income

I hope that you understand what you read this time

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 09-04-13 at 01:13 AM.
    09-04-13 12:56 AM
    So .... we are not the same, no matter where do we live ....
    Maybe I like one thing and do not care about others, and maybe a statistic said some other thing about the group I belong to that can be wrong
    I am on the 18-29 group / Mexican and I buy expensive phones if I want to, just because and all my friends do the same

We are consumers, we buy what we want, just because ... we find a way to get them like Credit Cards, Jobs, as a gift, etc

Keep it simple
    09-04-13 09:18 AM
    BlackBerry failed the USA consumer market who care about specs, apps and efficiency.
    The consumer market (USA & CND) doesn't care about specs, they just think they care about specs.

It's a manufactured war (just like camera megapixels over the last decade). Besides marketing/promo the majority of specs are not relevant to that majority of the user-base.
    09-04-13 09:32 AM
    I've said that specs aren't important.. maybe I should have said "specs aren't as important"

The truth is, specs are nothing more than brownie points. When buying 2 almost identical phones (Androids), specs add that warm, tingly feeling that one phone is better than the other. In BlackBerry's case, people will never be satisfied. If the screen is 1080, someone will complain about battery life. If it has a 4,000mAh battery, someone will complain its too thick. If its RAZR thin, someone will say it's built cheap. No matter what, it will not be enough.
    The Z10 has virtually no lag, & is faster at doing everyday tasks than other phones on the market and the Z30 is expected to be a larger version of it, so why does it need the beefed specs? Not debating. It's a serious question. If BlackBerry has already achieved what these suped up specs are set to accomplish, then what's the need to keep pushing the buck? Isn't that kinda inefficient? I'm sure there's another side to it, so someone enlighten me. (And before you try to start debating, I agree that upgrading your technology is always a good thing, but I do not belive it's the most important thing.)

The reality of the matter is, the Z30 is not going to sell well regardless of what's under the hood. Specs, Apps, Cameras, etc. while they are all important in their own right, the overall reason to buy a smartphone is VALUE. If I do not value your product, I'm not buying it. IDC if you have every app availabe, if I'm happier with an iPhone or Android, that's what I'm buying. Got to see the bigger picture.
    BB12MX and Elite1 like this.
    09-04-13 09:38 AM
    You, and the people who intimately care about such things, constitute perhaps 0.0001% of the smartphone market.

Most people who see a Samsung Super AMOLED screen think that, instead of being oversaturated, the colors "pop" and are "vibrant."

Those who know what oversaturation is (and even those who don't) and don't like it have an easy recourse on their Galaxy: change the stock "Dynamic" in the Display settings to either "Natural" or "Movie." Those who were crying will be more than happy. Some -- say, 0.0001% -- will never be happy.
    I disagree. It's all about the specs and BlackBerry will never get it. It's 97.5% that don't want a BlackBerry in the US and people wonder why they failed.

It's 5in A10 with everything that SG4 has plus couple of unique spec or features OR BUST.

Poetry in Motion
    09-04-13 07:09 PM
    Z30 is just more of the same, nothing new, nothing exciting. Basically a bigger Z10 with some upgraded specs, but not enough to spark interest. I'm surprised there's even 15 pages on the matter. If the Z10 didn't sell, why would a bigger Z10? End of discussion.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    09-04-13 08:06 PM
    cannot agree more.
    09-06-13 11:11 PM
372 ... 131415