09-06-13 11:11 PM
372 ... 1112131415
tools
    What constitutes "flop" or "not flop"? :-)

Has it sold as well as BlackBerry expected? Don't know .... haven't seen the forecasts.

Did they want it to sell better or worse than the iPhone and Galaxy and does not doing so make it a "flop?"

Does it need to sell a million, two million, five million, ten million or one hundred million to be considered a "success"?

There are phones that have sold better than the Z10, and phones that have sold worse. Where's the cutoff?
    Which phone sold worse? The Kin maybe.
    07-17-13 03:48 AM
    I hope so, I really-really hope so or they lost people like me - hardcore Android productivity users very frustrated with the lack of unified communication and the overall lack of app performance control - for a long time, possibly forever (as they would run out of money faster.)
    Now it's real. xD

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 05:40 AM
    A message to people who don't think specs sell your phone,

Why do you need to rethink your position?

Since the first release of iphones and android phones, we haven't seen many OS updates OR upgrades for iOS and android OS. However, phone hardware is getting better every year. In fact, every new iphone or android phone is slightly better than the old ones in term of hardware while iOS or android OS doesn't get any major update or upgrade in the same period. During these periods, all apps and games for iOS and android OS have been written to take the advantage of improved phone hardware. New phone hardware allows you to do things with your phone that you couldn't do before.

When you spend 600 or 700 USD or sign a 2 or 3 year contract for a new phone, you would not do it because of your phone's OS. You pay this premium price for improved phone hardware. If you think phone specs are not that important, you need to think again. Every recent iphone or android phone has the same OS with different hardware.

Furthermore, your phone costs less than mine because of our phone hardware, NOT the OS. Why is the price of q10 and z10 different when both of them have the same OS?

Yes, phone specs is important and is a factor in determining the sales.
    07-17-13 11:35 AM
    Which phone sold worse? The Kin maybe.
    Take a look at your average phone store and see how many are on the shelves them ask yourself if they are all units moving "in the millions "?

Every time I see someone say, "it's a hit" or a "failure", I immediately think ... compared to what exactly? What defines that?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by RubberChicken76; 07-17-13 at 09:14 PM.
    07-17-13 07:59 PM
    If specs don't sell phones, please answer my questions

Have you seen a phone company release 2 new phones with identical hardware configuration?
    Would you pay 600 dollars to replace an old phone with a new one when both of them have the same phone hardware configuration while one has OS 6.1 and another has OS 6.1.2 or 6.2 or 7.0?

Buying a phone is like buying a computer. When you spend 2000 dollars to buy a Dell computer, you don't spend this amount for MS windows 8 pro. Windows 8 pro OEM only costs 130 dollars. The more money you spend for a computer or a phone, the better your phone or computer is.
    07-17-13 11:31 PM

Have you seen a phone company release 2 new phones with identical hardware configuration?
    Would you pay 600 dollars to replace an old phone with a new one when both of them have the same phone hardware configuration while one has OS 6.1 and another has OS 6.1.2 or 6.2 or 7.0?
    Not sure if you noticed but uhh, BlackBerry has done that for years lol. They pretty much released the same device over and over with a different OS... some times, they didn't even change the OS. The whole BlackBerry 7 line was essentially the same device in different form factors... for better or worse.
    07-18-13 01:26 AM
    Not sure if you noticed but uhh, BlackBerry has done that for years lol. They pretty much released the same device over and over with a different OS... some times, they didn't even change the OS. The whole BlackBerry 7 line was essentially the same device in different form factors... for better or worse.
    For better or for worse - indeed. There was a time when BlackBerry could get away with it, but that time has long passed.

The A10 won't sell well - I'd bet my house on it.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 02:31 AM
    For better or for worse - indeed. There was a time when BlackBerry could get away with it, but that time has long passed.

The A10 won't sell well - I'd bet my house on it.

Posted via CB10
    Dude... not your house http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l-sell-829388/
    07-18-13 02:58 AM
    BB need to learn a lesson about not repackaging their new phones with cosmetic changes and asking consumers to pay top dollar for them.

I'd tell BB sales representatives to get lost if their 700 dollar A10 had the following specs: 5" screen (no HD), a slightly bigger battery, and a quadcore GPU. I consider these specs cosmetic changes No freaking way. Not in my widest dream.
    07-18-13 04:57 AM
    They can't keep doing the same sh*t months after months and expect a good result. They could have been the Microsoft in smartphone business when they had a chance. Because of their past business practices, they're in a hole.

They expect BB loyal customers to save them now? Are they freaking serious?
    07-18-13 05:01 AM
    BB need to learn a lesson about not repackaging their new phones with cosmetic changes and asking consumers to pay top dollar for them.

I'd tell BB sales representatives to get lost if their 700 dollar A10 had the following specs: 5" screen (no HD), a slightly bigger battery, and a quadcore GPU. I consider these specs cosmetic changes No freaking way. Not in my widest dream.
    The A10 will have a 5" HD screen.
    Last edited by Bluenoser63; 07-18-13 at 06:27 AM.
    07-18-13 06:17 AM
    If specs don't sell phones, please answer my questions

Buying a phone is like buying a computer. When you spend 2000 dollars to buy a Dell computer, you don't spend this amount for MS windows 8 pro. Windows 8 pro OEM only costs 130 dollars. The more money you spend for a computer or a phone, the better your phone or computer is.
    You need to get more processing power to run the newer Windows OS. This had been the case for a very long time.

For BB10, the current processor is more than capable of running a bigger screen. Why would you need to add more processing power?

When comparing phones, I look at the total package. It's the UX that dictates the phone I buy.

Why do some people still buy an iPhone when they could get a quad-core Android-based phone?

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 06:02 PM
    Your mistaken.

"Apple announces 600 million iOS devices sold, 93 percent of devices running iOS 6"

Perhaps your misunderstood cook's number

The reason 93% of 600 million is important, is because iOS 6 is only supported by the iPhone 3GS or later, the fourth-generation iPod Touch (current iPod is at 5th generation) the iPad 2 or later, and iPad Mini.
    Read properly.

It's "600M iOS devices sold" and "93% of devices [actual in use] running iOS6".

But

"devices sold" =! "Devices running"

Got it? It's NOT 93% of 600M.

It just means that Apple has, in total, sold 600M iOS devices since the introduction of the very first iOS device. And on the other sheet, 93% of iOS devices which are actually in use (which aren't those 600M), are running iOS6.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 07:38 AM
    Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 07:41 AM
    Well with the new Motorola phones being announced today with the SAME specs of the A10, can we start to rag on how outdated they are and how they won't sell, too? Just a suggestion...

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 02:05 PM
    Well with the new Motorola phones being announced today with the SAME specs of the A10, can we start to rag on how outdated they are and how they won't sell, too? Just a suggestion...

Posted via CB10
    The Motorola device isn't going to cost 600 bucks off contract. Not to mention it's running a popular OS with access to the top applications.

Exhibit B using Tapatalk
    kevinnugent likes this.
    07-23-13 02:08 PM
    The Motorola device isn't going to cost 600 bucks off contract. Not to mention it's running a popular OS with access to the top applications.

Exhibit B using Tapatalk
    Yup, a lot of phones do cost about $600 off contract.. but is there any confirmation for that as the price? Or are you prematurely disappointed? Cant win em all, huh?
    But clarify where the popularity of the OS has to do with your grievance. By the time the A10 is released, it will have access to the vast majority of those apps too. BlackBerry can't control the popularity of the OS so I'm not sure how that relates to your disappointment of the A10.
    07-23-13 02:30 PM
    Yup, a lot of phones do cost about $600 off contract.. but is there any confirmation for that as the price? Or are you prematurely disappointed? Cant win em all, huh?
    Honestly, I would be fine with the rumoured specs if and only if they price it right. But BlackBerry has been overpricing since the beginning of time, and I'm not seeing anything that tells me it'll be different this time.

But clarify where the popularity of the OS has to do with your grievance. By the time the A10 is released, it will have access to the vast majority of those apps too. BlackBerry can't control the popularity of the OS so I'm not sure how that relates to your disappointment of the A10.
    With a popular OS that has tons of apps, people will be more likely to overlook the specs. So even if the two are priced exactly the same and have exactly the same hardware, what will make people decide to buy the A10 over the Motorola device?
    07-23-13 03:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    Same specs? The Droid Maxx has a couple of attention grabbing specs.

3,500mAh battery rated at 48 hours

8X SoC. It has a dual-core application processor, four graphics cores, a contextual computing core, and another core for "natural language processing." Multiple cores designed for different processes like voice recognition should leave the dual-core processor free to handle traditional tasks from apps and save battery at the same time.
    07-23-13 03:25 PM
    That's my bad, I was expecting the Motorola X to be announced today (i read the off contract (rumored) price on another site). Prematurely disappointed? For what? As far as the A10 running a majority of those apps once it's released, good luck! Developers aren't converting their apps now, I don't see what could possibly change that within the next 4 months (considering most developers are getting their apps ready for ios7, and the next version of Android).

Exhibit B using Tapatalk
    kevinnugent likes this.
    07-23-13 03:44 PM
    Playbook HD is very good and this will be better...
    07-25-13 07:56 PM
    Uhhhh, the iphone did that too

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 08:00 PM
    07-25-13 09:45 PM
    Question - Does ANYONE on this forum expect the A10 to sell well?

I certainly do not.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 01:46 AM
    Not me, but I hope I'm wrong.
    07-27-13 01:55 AM
372 ... 1112131415