Not me, but I hope I'm wrong.
    I think if they increased the camera on the front and back , it has a chance to be a modest success.
    It can't possibly do worse then the Nokia 1020 flagship (that phone can't even brake the top 100 at best buy)
    The z10 was number 3 on there list when it released.
    07-27-13 03:16 AM
    Anyone at all? No?

Didn't think so.

Now, we're in a BlackBerry Fan Forum. Imagine the reception it'll get in the more hostile, big bad world.

This is BlackBerry's final, decisive mistake.

Posted via CB10
    wtrmlnjuc likes this.
    07-27-13 05:52 AM
    Anyone at all? No?
    No.
    07-27-13 03:56 PM
    I think if they increased the camera on the front and back , it has a chance to be a modest success.
    It can't possibly do worse then the Nokia 1020 flagship (that phone can't even brake the top 100 at best buy)
    The z10 was number 3 on there list when it released.
    The 1020 has sold out ATT preorders, so it is at least a moderate success. It's also the phone with the best camera out of any smartphone, which is already a very strong selling point right there - it stands out, both figuratively and literally. The A10 however will need something better.
    07-27-13 05:35 PM
    The 1020 has sold out ATT preorders, so it is at least a moderate success. It's also the phone with the best camera out of any smartphone, which is already a very strong selling point right there - it stands out, both figuratively and literally. The A10 however will need something better.
    And so did the Q10, AT&T did not order that many for presale. Go to best buy .com the phone does not even show up in the top 100 best sellers
    this a new phone should at least have some buzz. Hell the old BBOS phone is selling better.
    07-27-13 05:55 PM
    Shuttle Flight bookings.

Sent from here.
    07-29-13 10:45 PM
    Anyone at all? No?

Didn't think so.

Now, we're in a BlackBerry Fan Forum. Imagine the reception it'll get in the more hostile, big bad world.

This is BlackBerry's final, decisive mistake.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know if this is the thread where I tried to approximate sales number for the A10. I thought taking the percentage of Samsung's flagship S3 against their phablet the Note 2 and applying that to the BB10 sales so far. Say, for example, Samsung sold 50m S3's. And then sold 10m Note 2's at roughly the same time. 20% Sounds like a rough but fair approximation of sales figures. So, given there were x number of BB10 devices sold, divide that by 20% and there's your A10 sales number. I'm not saying 20% is the figure, and it could be less (I'm not sure on the relationship between S3/S4 and the Note 2).

Either way, I don't expect millions of sales. Maybe a few hundred thousand.
    07-30-13 02:18 AM
    Guys, lets not turn BlackBerry into the spec-hungry, stick-toting, powerhouse Android is. Specs mean a lot less if you have an optimized product built for its use.

- Android is a different beast. Its phones play the specs game for a number of reasons. 1) b/c OEMs have to build their products around the software. Hence, its not all optimized to work together. They constantly need more power to mask the lack of cohesiveness. 2) to stand out from the hundred other android phones in the market.
    - Notice Nexus devices dont play the specs games. Because they are built for the OS. No need to push the power.
    - Same deal with iPhones. There's no need to throw numbers around when you can do equally as good with less.

I'd rather BlackBerry save on costs by utilizing lower specs that work equally as good as high-end specs, than try to sell high-end specs that you'll never be able to tell why they're high-end.
    That makes sense when it comes to CPU, GPU and RAM but things like Camera and screen resolution, those can't always be worked around by the OS.
    Deckard79 likes this.
    08-30-13 08:56 PM
    That makes sense when it comes to CPU, GPU and RAM but things like Camera and screen resolution, those can't always be worked around by the OS.
    This exactly. Furthermore, Android isn't really a 'different beast' in terms of the large number of background processes, which is (too) high both on BB10 and Android.

Unlike iOS, BB10 really isn't optimised to the point where BB10 will fly regardless of hardware. Therefore, higher specs would undoubtedly produce noticeable and worthwhile performance improvements.

In all respects, the Z30 is criminally underspecced for a 'flagship' device. It will sell poorly, as it deserves.

Posted via CB10
    LtHavoc21 likes this.
    08-31-13 04:47 AM
    BB has engineer attitude, not that good one's. Have you seen a company turn-around without drastic change from the c-suite? Did BBRY have drastic change?
    08-31-13 03:24 PM
    BB has engineer attitude, not that good one's. Have you seen a company turn-around without drastic change from the c-suite? Did BBRY have drastic change?
    That first sentence didn't really make much sense...though they DO need higher res on the screen and the camera to compete. Right now they are only hindering their success by seemingly thinking that people HAVE BRAINS and realize that the Specs don't make a MASSIVE difference. I've found that the Zed performs better in identical than the S4 even though the S4 has a more powerful processor than my PC...but Average Joe goes "That's the biggest and fastest with the most uh, what they called? Pixels? They're the same price? I'll have the one with the bigger numbers please!"

The people here aren't your average consumer...we can't think that our views on specs are the same as everybody else's.

Admittedly, I do like the quality of the photos on the S4...I have a thing for intense detail.
    08-31-13 04:17 PM
    I have multiple friends who are former or current RIM employees. What I mean "not-so-good engineer attitude" is not-user-centric self-portrait arrogant attitude. Check out RIOT GAME which is opposite to RIM and check their growth record. My friend@RIM told me as long as US gov and Obama is using BB they are fine. He didn't know big firms and govs are deploying BYOD programs and cut BB to save cost. My firm is a top global bank and office email looks fine on my ipod touch, MD5 + certficate.
    For any firm, product is one thing and image/market position is another thing. No one can survive with only good product, let alone "good" means different thing to different people. Even product is good but when market trend changes you'd better prepared. Check myspace. The cell phone market is saturated and RIM is behind the curve. Check xiaomi from China. The most critical factor in turn-around is clear understanding not only yourself but also market condition. I doubt if RIM has learned the lesson and market is not forgiving in the tech sector.
    I'm in tech myself and I don't see a single personal RIM device in all my tech friends besides office BB. I don't think RIM can survive with only super elite customer base. I wish I'm wrong, otherwise it's another Nortel.
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    08-31-13 09:04 PM
    I'm seeing the talk all around the internet and here about the so called disappointing specs of the z series. BB10 doesn't require higher specs to work well. The content consumption market is NOT BB10's target market. I for one am very pleased they have continued their focus on security which is reflected in their achievement of ATO on DOD networks..something IOS and Android will mot likely NEVER achieve. BB isn't going anywhere considering the huge market that gov't networks are. I have a galaxy nexus as i didn't want a third party overlay on my phone(along with not having to deal with the third party overlay security issues). With IOS and Android now increasing their surveillance(read the MOtoX reviews AND the behavior of android 4.3 on other phones...i can only imagine what is coming for 5.0) of their users I'm awaiting the release of the z30. I would already have the z10 if Sprint carried it. ...
    09-02-13 08:43 AM
    I have multiple friends who are former or current RIM employees. What I mean "not-so-good engineer attitude" is not-user-centric self-portrait arrogant attitude. Check out RIOT GAME which is opposite to RIM and check their growth record. My friend@RIM told me as long as US gov and Obama is using BB they are fine. He didn't know big firms and govs are deploying BYOD programs and cut BB to save cost. My firm is a top global bank and office email looks fine on my ipod touch, MD5 + certficate.
    For any firm, product is one thing and image/market position is another thing. No one can survive with only good product, let alone "good" means different thing to different people. Even product is good but when market trend changes you'd better prepared. Check myspace. The cell phone market is saturated and RIM is behind the curve. Check xiaomi from China. The most critical factor in turn-around is clear understanding not only yourself but also market condition. I doubt if RIM has learned the lesson and market is not forgiving in the tech sector.
    I'm in tech myself and I don't see a single personal RIM device in all my tech friends besides office BB. I don't think RIM can survive with only super elite customer base. I wish I'm wrong, otherwise it's another Nortel.
    Android and IOS don't have the ability to use anything secure in the gov't...only BB10 and BES have the required security. When it gets down to it..there's nothing else that is secure due to the fact that Android and IOS are media consumption and user surveillance operating systems by their very nature....which means the requisite information leakage..not acceptable in any kind of real secure environment.
    09-02-13 08:45 AM
    I don't really care for the internal specs like cpu and ram cause q10 and z10 perform already as good as a quad core android smartphone. What I am worried about is the screen resolution. I hope it's 1080p. I can understand why z10 has 720p rez since that phone was suppose to come out a year early but launch was postponed to polish bb10 OS. To have Z30 coming out with a lower res screen is inexcusable. 5 inch display is the main attraction of this smartphone, if they can't at least match the standard resolution of competitors then this phone got no chance but have the same fate as other bb10 phones in sales.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 03:16 PM
    - Notice Nexus devices dont play the specs games. Because they are built for the OS. No need to push the power.
    Which is totally wrong, and shows very clearly that you didn't understand the value proposition of the Nexus Line.

The Nexus devices offer very very very good specs for the money, they are sold for.
    Technically, the Nexus 4 is definitely not worse than my Z10, but costs way less with a price of 250$ off contract.

There would be no problem with BlackBerry using subpar hardware, if the price would reflect that.

- Same deal with iPhones. There's no need to throw numbers around when you can do equally as good with less.
    Do you really not understand, why Apple can overcharge for weaker hardware, and BlackBerry can't?

I'll give you a little hint:

One brand has a very good perception in the market place, is seen as an innovator and their products as a status symbol.
    Their App store has the best in class apps, the retail shops and the support they offer are top notch as well and the resale value of their products is pretty high.

The other brand, has none of that...

I'd rather BlackBerry save on costs by utilizing lower specs that work equally as good as high-end specs, than try to sell high-end specs that you'll never be able to tell why they're high-end.
    So you like to overpay for less?
    As in, getting milked or ripped off?

If a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, with 1080p display, an Octacore processor, 3GB of ram, a Wacom digitizer, a 13 MP camera and a very powerful GPU will launch before the Z30, for pretty much the same amount of money the Z30 will cost...
    Then this can only end catastrophic for the Z30, because it isn't worth that amount of money.

The ecosystem of BB10 is really bad compared to Android, the specs of the Z30 are a complete joke, compared with pretty much every flagship device launched in the last 12 months and the price will be another humiliation for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 09-03-13 at 01:02 AM.
    09-03-13 12:46 AM
    I'm not regret buying z10. I just regret the money that i have to spent to buy it.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 12:55 AM
    well said. If Z30 can have sub $400 price tag w/o contract, it will be good. Look at Meizu MX3 release last night, only $400 for a 8-core phone. If BB doesn't have user base and perception, they will lose no matter how good their OS is.
    09-03-13 12:16 PM
    The very idea that specs aren't important, where the emphasis is on the 'experience' is so heavily misguided.

Look at the OMAP Z10's browser speed, loading times for apps and games, etc. and compare to the STL100-02-04s. A marginal speed bump improves performance visibly, thus enhancing the 'experience'.

I think it's nothing more than an excuse for selling substandard, obsolete tech.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 01:43 PM
    You're not getting a 1080p screen.

• 5" OLED/HD/WXVGA, 1280X720, 24 bit color, S Stripe Pixel Arrangement, 295PPI
    • BlackBerry OS 10.2
    • 8MP Rear Camera with Flash, 5X 2MP Front Camera
    • MicoUSB, HDMI
    • 2800mAh Battery
    • 802.1b/g/n - HotSpot
    • NFC/DLNA/MicroSIM

And that's all I'm willing to give up... right now... cause there's different versions.
    Adding dimensions ...
    Z10 130,0 x 65.6 x 9,0 mm. vs Z30 140,7 x 72,0 x 9,4 mm.

Source: Comparar m�vil Blackberry Z30 vs Blackberry Z10
    09-03-13 02:13 PM
    Regardless if the device needs better specs or not it's all about perception. BlackBerry will continue to struggle and make inferior devices ( in the mind of the masses) until it markets to perceptions. Sometimes you need to use specs for marketing alone unfortunately. I'm not convinced that Samsung s4 specs make it run better but public perception thinks so. This is one reason it's a best seller.

2 options.

1) Market to change misperceptions.

2) Create a device that meets the expectations of public perception.

Posted via CB10 with Z10
    09-03-13 08:42 PM
    I agree with you on this, BBRY simply isn't meeting the expectations of the public perception with the devices they have released thus far. To be honest if they had really focused on the OS and had reduced the problems the devices were plagued with at their launch in different countries they would likely be better off. I am only hanging onto my Z10 as I bought mine on a 3 year contract and hope I can get that out of it before BBRY goes bankrupt but it doesn't look that way.

I doubt with the problems BBRY is facing right now they will be able release the Z30 at all or in any high volume, so it's fair to say the Q10 might just be the last device BBRY manufactures in high volume.

I also find it interesting that they have nothing to show for with the billions they invested in advertising with Formula One this year.
    09-03-13 09:32 PM
    Here in the USA specs and apps actually matter.

I know that is difficult for Canadians to understand.

Poetry in Motion
    09-03-13 09:38 PM
    Here in the USA specs and apps actually matter.

I know that is difficult for Canadians to understand.

Poetry in Motion
    Not all of them. Me, for example, if I'm spending lots of money on a phone I want it to be worth the price. I know a lot of people here are like that.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    09-03-13 10:15 PM
    Not all of them. Me, for example, if I'm spending lots of money on a phone I want it to be worth the price. I know a lot of people here are like that.
    And this is just not the case, if we compare the rumoured (confirmed) specs of the Z30 with any flagship launched in the last 12 months.
    If we would talk about what will launch in the next few weeks/months, then it only becomes even more embarrassing.

I just hope that the pricing will be good.
    That's the only hope for the Z30...

Posted via CB10
    BBRYed likes this.
    09-03-13 10:26 PM
372 ... 12131415