People's decision to compare the specs between 2 phones is made at a "subconscious" level before purchasing a new phone.

What part of a "subconscious" level don't you understand?

Oh, wait. Were you the one who ridiculed me in previous page about giving my opinion about "best phone" with my first SMARTPHONE purchase?

You said that z10 is the best smartphone for you. Please define your "best smartphone" here. Are you aware that BB's "best smartphones" don't sell too well? Your definition of "best smartphone" is lousy.

May you tell me camera specs for z10 and iphone 5?
    If you hate BB products so much, why are you here?
    07-11-13 09:47 AM
    We have a winner right here ! There is no come back to that comment
    Wait! Can you tell me which processor and gpu the A10 has and how much RAM? I haven't seen BB release them. You are making a definite about and indefinite product. Good luck with that.
    07-11-13 09:49 AM
    Mega pixels doesn't say a ****! It's the lens quality and the sensor

Posted via CB10
    Well, it can be helpful if you want to do a digital zoom or if you want to print large copies of your photos. But yeah, a lot of people think they need more megapixels than they actually do.

My uncle swears up and down he needs a high megapixel camera for his Facebook photos. I swear, it's the placebo effect with him
    07-11-13 09:50 AM
    We have a winner right here ! There is no come back to that comment

The only thing I think it could be is that they may be waiting for the super bowl to come round again drop another advert or if there smart just use the same advert (put an A10 in the guys hand) and then kick back watch the success....
    LOL. That's cold.

My more loyal than a dog Z10/ os 10.2.0.483/ PIN PM me(~_*)
    07-11-13 09:57 AM
    Why are there always people here at CrackBerry that believe, as if it's gospel, anything BGR says? And then go and crap all over BlackBerry because of some third rate "journalism" by some half wit moron.

As Bla1ze said, there are currently several different versions of the A10, with several different hardware options. Even if he's not right, BlackBerry themselves have not said ANYTHING about specs for the A10, so why are people saying the A10 is DOA when they have no actual numbers to go by for this device?

FFS calm down a bit and stop going flying off the handle because of some "report" on a tech site which openly admits they hate everything BlackBerry.

Si.
    We hope to influence BBRY into doing the right thing.... yes we know that BBRY isn't listen to some fan site. But it give us hope, and that is about all BB users have these days.

Other than a better camera and longer batter life my Z10 performers very well.... not saying that in a year that it will still run newer versions of BB10 just as quickly, just that it's hardware isn't what is holding back the platform.

But I know that I had a hard time going with the Z10 over the HTC One... and most people are not invested in the BB Platform like I am. I have to wonder why would anyone do the same?

Wait! Can you tell me which processor and gpu the A10 has and how much RAM? I haven't seen BB release them. You are making a definite about and indefinite product. Good luck with that.
    We don't know what they are going to do.

We do know what RIM/BBRY has done for the last five years, and more importantly in the last few months. IF the A10 has all the top specs that the Android devices have, then BBRY will sell it for $1000 each. But they aren't going to do that, they are going to release another device that is a little more powerful than the Z10 with a bigger screen and try to call it a "premium" device. We will have to wait and see if consumers agree any more than they did with the Z10 and it's status (price) as a "premium" device when release.
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 07-11-13 at 10:25 AM.
    07-11-13 10:12 AM
    There will ALWAYS be a better spec'd phone out there than the one you just bought. If not on the day of release, then 5 or 6 weks later.

So I really wish the community of phone users would begin to mature like the digicam users did a few years ago. There the pixel war seems to be over, and even the dumbest users (or most of them) have learned by today that the number of pixels does not determine the image quality.

I do not see the point of scrutinizing rumored specs of a yet to be released phone. As long as the OS and apps run smoothly on the day of it's release, what is the problem?
    grover5 likes this.
    07-11-13 10:21 AM
    Whatever... Gimme a q10
    07-11-13 10:23 AM
    The problem is the amount of money BlackBerry wants for its devices. If they priced them in line with the specs, less people would complain. Of course it's always exciting to have an awesome screen and camera, but not everybody needs that

Note to BB: Dark theme and OLED screen combo = disaster outside
    trwrt likes this.
    07-11-13 10:34 AM
    http://www.crackberry.com/blackberry-9720-and-flagship-blackberry-a10-still-set-release-later-year

I was really hoping Blackberry would take a risk, and hit it out of the park with the A10.
    Looks like its just more of the same, a Z10 wrapped up in a five inch screen.

WTF!! Blackberry.
    Screen better be 1080P
    Mr.Willie and Otech#CB like this.
    07-11-13 10:36 AM
    So it comes down to "it's bigger and better than yours..." not this is the phone that fits all my needs? Seems like you're more interested in being a one-up-ya than anyting....bro.

I wanted to be able to say, Hay Bro ( he owns a S4 and Iphone) This is my Blackberry and
    you have got to see what it can do, Oh and bye the way its bigger and better then yours......

This will still be my next phone, it just won't have the wow factor to get my bro to switch.
    07-11-13 10:42 AM
    We hope to influence BBRY into doing the right thing.... yes we know that BBRY isn't listen to some fan site. But it give us hope, and that is about all BB users have these days.

Other than a better camera and longer batter life my Z10 performers very well.... not saying that in a year that it will still run newer versions of BB10 just as quickly, just that it's hardware isn't what is holding back the platform.

But I know that I had a hard time going with the Z10 over the HTC One... and most people are not invested in the BB Platform like I am. I have to wonder why would anyone do the same?

We don't know what they are going to do.

We do know what RIM/BBRY has done for the last five years, and more importantly in the last few months. IF the A10 has all the top specs that the Android devices have, then BBRY will sell it for $1000 each. But they aren't going to do that, they are going to release another device that is a little more powerful than the Z10 with a bigger screen and try to call it a "premium" device. We will have to wait and see if consumers agree any more than they did with the Z10 and it's status (price) as a "premium" device when release.

More speculation.
    07-11-13 10:46 AM
    Screen better be 1080P
    It won't be. No need for a 1080p screen in a small device.
    07-11-13 10:47 AM
    The problem is the amount of money BlackBerry wants for its devices. If they priced them in line with the specs, less people would complain. Of course it's always exciting to have an awesome screen and camera, but not everybody needs that

Note to BB: Dark theme and OLED screen combo = disaster outside
    Yes pricing might become an issue with the A10.
    But who is saying that screen and camera will not be awesome? We don't know yet. Based upon the rumored specs, nobody can tell.
    07-11-13 10:50 AM
    Hmm... So you wanted specs for the sake of specs?
    No for the sake of the money one pay. If its not a Quad core then don't charge it equal to the price of a quad core phone!
    Mr.Willie likes this.
    07-11-13 10:53 AM
    If you hate BB products so much, why are you here?
    I hate BB products because I want better specs for A10? I'm here because I want better specs for my phone.

May I ask why you're here?
    Otech#CB and anon(4044683) like this.
    07-11-13 11:02 AM
    No for the sake of the money one pay. If its not a Quad core then don't charge it equal to the price of a quad core phone!
    I am ready to pay the same price for a phone that is less boring, has a better designed OS, runs smoothly an lag-free, and doesn't act like spyware, as for a phone that does not offer these benefits, but has better specs. But I'm aware that I am probably a member of a minority group.
    07-11-13 11:02 AM
    If it's a 5" phablet screen then it's a definite no. While more RAM, more cores, bigger battery, whatever the hell we think is in there is nice, I don't want a giant phone.
    07-11-13 11:03 AM
    He has to protect himself from the random groups of iphone and android gangs that apparently actively seek out and challenge anybody with a blackberry to a phone duel.
    This made me laugh out loud. Thank you for this!
    Nharzhool likes this.
    07-11-13 11:16 AM
    There will ALWAYS be a better spec'd phone out there than the one you just bought. If not on the day of release, then 5 or 6 weks later.

So I really wish the community of phone users would begin to mature like the digicam users did a few years ago. There the pixel war seems to be over, and even the dumbest users (or most of them) have learned by today that the number of pixels does not determine the image quality.

I do not see the point of scrutinizing rumored specs of a yet to be released phone. As long as the OS and apps run smoothly on the day of it's release, what is the problem?
    The problem is that these specs are already outdated, and the device isn't even out yet. If this was a mid-range phone, priced accordingly, then it wouldn't be such a big deal. The problem is that BlackBerry will try to put this up there with the Note 3, and other similar devices, even though it cannot compete with them spec-wise, feature-wise, and price-wise.
    07-11-13 11:21 AM
    I hate BB products because I want better specs for A10? I'm here because I want better specs for my phone.

May I ask why you're here?
    Because I like BB products and know when specs are more harmful than useful.
    onmyown and grover5 like this.
    07-11-13 11:23 AM
    First off, I won't buy one, because I'm happy with my Z10. But if my Z10 were to fall to its death and I considered A10, I'd want to to:

- Have a nice enough screen that I could enjoy watching videos. I don't care about 1080P on a 5" screen about as much as I care for a sound chip that can play back 15 octaves of sound in terms of the value of what I think it would bring me (aka - my eyes couldn't see and my ears couldn't hear).

- Runs smoothly with no stutter. This would be an improvement on my current devices which stutter a lot (my iPod touch), stutter sometimes (PlayBook), or stutter occasionally (iPhone 4S, Z10).

- Has a battery that comfortably gets through a complete waking day of moderate to heavy use ... something neither my Z10 or iPhone 4S do comfortably now. Since it doesn't have a swappable battery, this is critical. I just came off a 8 hour power outage due to the storm in Toronto and am more acutely aware of this need now than before.

- Take a nice clear, stable picture. Again, don't care about the 'megapixels' because I'm not shooting billboard sized photos on the thing.

- It can take a fall comfortably. BlackBerry always rocked at this before and I'm clumsy

- It has more storage space for apps than the Z10. This is my biggest current dislike about the Z10 ... with the new platform comes bigger apps. My 64 GB PlayBook remains my main gaming device because it has the space. The Z10 does not.
    07-11-13 11:23 AM
    Why start now believing anything BGR says?
    07-11-13 11:24 AM
    If Toyota priced the Prius the same as a Porsche they wouldn't sell many of them.
    Well, thats not true. We are all the poster children from those who purchase something they prefer rather than something that is bigger and perhaps faster, for the same price. I have a Z10, I COULD have anything in the same price range, though I chose the Z.

Prius owners love gas mileage and driving with the knowledge that instant death lurks with each passing car. You cant put a price on that!
    07-11-13 11:30 AM
    He has to protect himself from the random groups of iphone and android gangs that apparently actively seek out and challenge anybody with a blackberry to a phone duel.
    LOL.

It IS a jungle out there.
    07-11-13 11:30 AM
    Never heard of him...
    07-11-13 11:31 AM
372 ... 45678 ...