When people buy phones, they always compare specs first. If you lack app supports, you need to win the spec war because it's the only way you can stay in the game. If BB lose this spec war along with your apps supports, BB would be out of business.

Nobody expects BB to stay in business when they lose in every area.
    Really? I asked all the people I know who have iPhones and Androids, most don't have a clue to the specs of their phone.
    07-11-13 08:01 AM
    If this is the screen that will be on Aristo's competition this Winter, then BB better price it right this time, as a bigger Z10 (mid-range phone)
    LG announces world's slimmest full HD smartphone display panel | Android Central
    07-11-13 08:02 AM
    8MP camera? that's gotta be a joke. BB better step up the game! There's no way A10 can compete with the S4 or iPhone 5s with those specs. I would really be disappointed if BB still hasn't realized how fast the competition is moving forward.
    07-11-13 08:02 AM
    At one point it won't be even worth defending BlackBerry.
    They just keep shooting themselves on the foot.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4044683) and advcomputer like this.
    07-11-13 08:20 AM
    Really? I asked all the people I know who have iPhones and Androids, most don't have a clue to the specs of their phone.
    I'll tell you why. When you buy what many people use, you don't care what the specs are because they assume that the specs are good. It's people's mentality about a brand name.

BB phone users know a lot about Iphones and android phones but I can't say that android and apple fans know a lot about BB. When you're in a BB land, how do you convince people that BB phones are good so that they can buy BB phones when BB don't win in app and hardware department?
    07-11-13 08:24 AM
    I'll tell you why. When you buy what many people use, you don't care what the specs are because they assume that the specs are good. It's people's mentality about a brand name.

BB phone users know a lot about Iphones and android phones but I can't say that android and apple fans know a lot about BB. When you're in a BB land, how do you convince people that BB phones are good so that they can buy BB phones when BB don't win in app and hardware department?
    WAIT. You said that when people buy phones, they always compare specs. Now you are saying that they don't, that they think the specs are good and don't compare. Which is it?
    07-11-13 08:30 AM
    WAIT. You said that when people buy phones, they always compare specs. Now you are saying that they don't, that they think the specs are good and don't compare. Which is it?
    You enter a no spin zone. Only a fool thinks that people don't compare specs between 2 phones before deciding to buy a better one. What made you purchase an iphone 5 or HTC one over iphone 4 or another phone? People's decision to compare the specs between 2 phones is made at a "subconscious" level before purchasing a new phone.

You wouldn't buy a new phone if it were not better than your current one? Am I right? If people didn't *compare* 2 phones, how would they know which one is better?
    07-11-13 08:42 AM
    Why are there always people here at CrackBerry that believe, as if it's gospel, anything BGR says? And then go and crap all over BlackBerry because of some third rate "journalism" by some half wit moron.

As Bla1ze said, there are currently several different versions of the A10, with several different hardware options. Even if he's not right, BlackBerry themselves have not said ANYTHING about specs for the A10, so why are people saying the A10 is DOA when they have no actual numbers to go by for this device?

FFS calm down a bit and stop going flying off the handle because of some "report" on a tech site which openly admits they hate everything BlackBerry.

Si.
    07-11-13 08:44 AM
    You enter a no spin zone. Only a fool thinks that people don't compare specs between 2 phones before deciding to buy a better one. What made you purchase an iphone 5 or HTC one over iphone 4 or another phone? People's decision to compare the specs between 2 phones is made at a "subconscious" level before purchasing a new phone.

You wouldn't buy a new phone if it were not better than your current one? Am I right? If people didn't *compare* 2 phones, how would they know which one is better?
    But you just said.

When you buy what many people use, you don't care what the specs are because they assume that the specs are good.
    So they aren't comparing specs as you said. They are just going with the flow, not comparing and seeing if it is the best phone for them.

I purchase my products on what is best for me, not what other people are buying. The Z10 is the best smartphone for me. I didn't buy for specs, but compared the phone operation.
    Otech#CB likes this.
    07-11-13 08:51 AM
    This is mostly true, however I'll say this... iPhones are sold on an eco system and widespread access to basically any content the end user could want. People know they aren't sacrificing anything.... initially.... that is until Android started this monster spec war. At every iteration now you see Apple increasing their specs to stay current, matter of fact they started producing an "s" model as just a spec upgrade halfway through the product cycle because Android phones come out every month with the latest and greatest. They did this to try and stem the "loss" (read less new subscribers year over year) of consumers as Android grew year over year.
    So do consumers know exactly what's in their phones spec wise.... probably not exactly. But you know who does??? the guy they buy their phone from... and this person knows that BlackBerry would be putting out something that's been done before. They need to give people something to be excited about, they need to give something tangible for those who will be selling their devices to brag about and as great as BB10 is, it lacks the conveniences consumers are willing to do without unless they feel they were sold something amazing and future proof. Just my 2 cents...

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 08:53 AM
    They need something the others don't have.

They don't seem to get that.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    They don't seem capable of it.
    07-11-13 08:55 AM
    And again. If it is a spec that isn't going to change the users experience, why have it. Consumers need to be educated and not led like sheep. 1080 isn't better for consumers.

And not all reviewers are playing the spec game. They know when something is useless. Why buy a phone with an inferior display?

BlackBerry has enough going n against them regarding ecosyste at least make the specs current instead of a year behind to increase there margin.

BlackBerry is already a hard sell as is why make it more difficult with inferior hardware

1080p Screens On Smartphones Are Useless. Here�s Why. | Pocketnow
    And who is going to educate them. Certainly not the sales reps and certainly not the review web sites either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CB Forums mobile app
    Saiga likes this.
    07-11-13 08:55 AM
    I would have thought that the A10 would have a better camera than 8MP. I think the camera on the Z10 is very good at times, but it's still well behind the times compared to apple, samsung, and HTC. For this being the best of the best in the lineup, you would think that BB would throw everything and the kitchen sink into the phone.
    07-11-13 08:59 AM
    with a full 1080p screen and all sorts.
    Your eagle eyes can actually perceive the pixels on a screen that small in order to justify the battery life drain, processing power drain etc?

1080p on a mobile device to me is like crowing about LTE when you don't have LTE in your area, bragging about a 13 megapixel camera when all you do is post on Facebook or jeering devices that are less than quad core when you can't produce an app that makes use of the power.

I do think specs matter in terms of the smooth experience and operation of a device. But some people get hung up on specs for the sake of getting hung up on specs ... and never actually make use of said specs.
    grover5 and Prince_Poppycock like this.
    07-11-13 09:01 AM
    And who is going to educate them. Certainly not the sales reps and certainly not the review web sites either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CB Forums mobile app
    Exactly. The sales people will have no reason to push the A10 to consumers. We can pretend that every consumer in the world is ignorant and don't know what smartphone specs are, but the sales people and website reviewers do.

If the A10 launches with these rumored specs, what reasons will sales people or websites have to recommend it? The app selection on BlackBerry 10 is still terrible. I don't see that changing before the A10 launches. And these rumored specs are worst than what free on contract phones will have at that point.

Seriously, I bet the Droid DNA is free on contract by the time this A10 launches for $200. Do we really think a Verizon Wireless sales person will tell a random coustomer to buy the A10 over their own branded phone that is free on contract and has a better ecosystem and better specs? Not a chance.

EDIT

Wow, I just checked. The Droid DNA, which blows away the A10's rumored specs is only $49.99 with a new contract from Verizon. Lol, BlackBerry just doesn't get it.

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    07-11-13 09:04 AM
    It's a rumor!

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 09:10 AM
    8MP camera? that's gotta be a joke. BB better step up the game! There's no way A10 can compete with the S4 or iPhone 5s with those specs. I would really be disappointed if BB still hasn't realized how fast the competition is moving forward.
    Mega pixels doesn't say a ****! It's the lens quality and the sensor

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 09:11 AM
    I mean, the Prius is selling pretty well. Dont people know they could buy a Porsche? - Specs
    If Toyota priced the Prius the same as a Porsche they wouldn't sell many of them.
    07-11-13 09:22 AM
    There you go. Someone who doesn't even try the device before making a decision. I bet you buy your cars without taking a test drive either. How do you know it is slow? And if it is as fast as an iPhone 5s with less specs, why would you buy the other one just for specs?
    Problem is a lot of people are going to make a decision without using a device. Most will decided based on what their friends and family have... which won't help BB much. Some will decided based on seeing a commercial or hearing a brand name repeatedly... which won't help BB much. Some will just buy what the sales person recommends... which won't help BB much.

And some will go on line and just look at the specs that each device has listed and then compares the prices and the ratings... right now BB is ok on ratings, but pricing and specs both will cause them to loose out most of those sales.

I've really never seen anyone go in and ask to borrow a phone for a day to just give it a test drive. Have seen people bring back a phone they didn't like...
    07-11-13 09:23 AM
    And again. If it is a spec that isn't going to change the users experience, why have it. Consumers need to be educated and not led like sheep. 1080 isn't better for consumers.

And not all reviewers are playing the spec game. They know when something is useless.

1080p Screens On Smartphones Are Useless. Here�s Why. | Pocketnow
    And then seven months or so later, they review the HTC One, and talk about the screen. The 1080 screen.

And let's not forget that the iPhone is an iPod, which used to be the most popular portable music player.
    If you're talking about the iPod Touch, it came out after the iPhone, and Steve referred to it as training wheels for the iPhone. And it's not used to be most popular, it still is.

Id be interested to know - How many "tweens" walk in to Verizon and give a d@mn about specs.

You would have a tough time convincing me that every person with an S4 can tell you what processor it has.

My bet, they want to know if it has Instagram and Snapchat... (Still doesnt help BB)

I mean, the Prius is selling pretty well. Dont people know they could buy a Porsche? - Specs
    I paid the same for an HTC One as I would have a Z10 and I don't have to side load essential apps and hope they work. What Porsche is under $30,000 ? Two different cars, two different purposes, two way different price ranges. BB phone compared to any other flagship is two different phones, same purpose, same price. The problem is BB is spec'd like the Pirus, but priced like the Porsche.
    Blacklatino and kevinnugent like this.
    07-11-13 09:24 AM
    hahaha...."Carrier testing" was what we were told for the Z and Q....probably the same load of ****
    IMO, I doubt it is even close to be at the carriers. LOL. That's a competely different type of wait.
    07-11-13 09:29 AM
    But you just said.
    So they aren't comparing specs as you said. They are just going with the flow, not comparing and seeing if it is the best phone for them.
    People's decision to compare the specs between 2 phones is made at a "subconscious" level before purchasing a new phone.

What part of a "subconscious" level don't you understand?

I purchase my products on what is best for me, not what other people are buying. The Z10 is the best smartphone for me. I didn't buy for specs, but compared the phone operation.
    Oh, wait. Were you the one who ridiculed me in previous page about giving my opinion about "best phone" with my first SMARTPHONE purchase?

You said that z10 is the best smartphone for you. Please define your "best smartphone" here. Are you aware that BB's "best smartphones" don't sell too well? Your definition of "best smartphone" is lousy.

May you tell me camera specs for z10 and iphone 5?
    Mr.Willie likes this.
    07-11-13 09:36 AM
    They don't seem capable of it.
    LOL. Will anyone be surprised if the specs are the same with minimal variations from what has been listed(or same/equal to the Z)........and will consumers still buy it? This time around, I'll pump the brakes and see what BlackBerry does to entice consumers to buy it. If not, I'll stick with my Z.
    07-11-13 09:40 AM
    What is important to me is how well the A10 functions, and how much battery life I can get per charge. My only problem with BlackBerry is their Bluetooth functionality is not stellar. I use Bluetooth all the time, which is one of the reasons the A10 would fit the bill for me, as I seldom/hardly ever hold the phone, and when I do never for long, so using a Bluetooth is perfect for me, or would be if BlackBerry would improve/perfect the Bluetooth reception or functionality. I love my Z10. My Bluetooth experience with the Z10 is the only thing that bothers me about it. I don't believe this problem is limited to the Z. To be honest I have not researched this, just speaking from personal experience with the Z. I get crackles after a long conversation, and sometimes I have to hang up and call back the person cause the reception is that bad (unfortunately I have long conversation often, so this aggravation is very noticeable for me). Luckily these are personal calls, cause if these were otherwise, I would no longer have a BlackBerry phone. Anyway I figure BlackBerry will fix this aberration at some point (hopefully sooner rather than later would be nice). Anyway, back to the A10. I would love/welcome that extra screen size on the A10 for surfing, or just for the pleasure of viewing in general. Even if all/or most everything else would be like the Z (that would not bother me). I have a 30" monitor on my PC, and I love the bigger screens. You kind of get used to certain things after awhile. Been loving my Z, but looking forward to more love for the A. I'm not saying that the A10 would become a big seller or is necessarily the way to go for BlackBerry. Just saying that I will purchase it when it comes out, and of course it would be a bonus if BlackBerry can have great success with it, or at least enough success to keep BlackBerry an option for those of us who love their products. Keep it going BlackBerry. Maybe someday BlackBerry can have their own stores, and sell great phones to people from knowledgeable sales people who love the BlackBerry products! That would be Stellar/Perfection! Here's looking forward to your own stores someday BlackBerry!!! Make it happen BlackBerry. Dreams are important, and so are goals. I BELIEVE.
    07-11-13 09:47 AM
    With specs like that, this phone should be out right now. What exactly is the holdup?
    We have a winner right here ! There is no come back to that comment

The only thing I think it could be is that they may be waiting for the super bowl to come round again drop another advert or if there smart just use the same advert (put an A10 in the guys hand) and then kick back watch the success....
    07-11-13 09:47 AM
372 ... 34567 ...