IPhone does not have mega specs and it sells well too.

Posted via CB10
    Jeremy Bivens and xBURK like this.
    07-11-13 04:31 AM
    lol bgr didnt reveal anything not known.That mug knows no one at BB.He had a dry news day and decided to talk about BB as usual seems to be the norm.No news in tech world oh lets talk BB.All he did was lurk around Crackberry forums and took all the info about A10 that was posted.He even took the samsung line :lmao

There was not 1 thing different from his post that was actual new data.All he did was cut and paste info from BB forums.

Its just a bigger Z10 what was you expecting the specs would'nt change anything or drastically improve everything.Your usage will be reliant on your data speed for your apps.If you want a bigger screen this phone is for you specs won't boost the phone like many are dreaming the OS will just run as normal.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 07-11-13 at 08:04 AM.
    xBURK likes this.
    07-11-13 04:51 AM
    I'm disapointed too: if BlackBerry wants to be a player in the smartphone game they should reach outside their fan club. And that means playing by the "specs" rule. Put in the best components even if your profit margin will dwindle - or not do it at all because Z10 is good enough.

You can't claim a top spot without top specs - even if those specs are a lot more than BB10 needs (which probably is true).

--------------------

Calorie Monitor Pro for Z10, Q10, Q5 and PlayBook
    xBURK likes this.
    07-11-13 04:52 AM
    Goodbye BB, you have been good to me but l will get the I5s
    07-11-13 04:59 AM
    That battery should be bigger.... that's all I'm saying... with a screen that big...
    The combination of what is actually a huge battery, the display 'only' being 720p and again being oled so they can benefit from a dark theme, this device could very easily end up better than a q10 for battery life and that is nothing to be sniffed at.
    07-11-13 05:57 AM
    Goodbye BB, you have been good to me but l will get the I5s
    What spec changed your mind?
    07-11-13 06:17 AM
    I don't believe rumors. However, even Blackberry official announcements cannot be believed as well.

That's good! LOL'ed.
    07-11-13 06:46 AM
    What spec changed your mind?
    It was likely the entire package.

You just can't relaunch the Z10 with a bigger screen and battery and call it a day if you want to be competitive in the high end segment of the market.

Heck, LG struggles to get noticed and they have been pretty damn innovative in the past year or so. The G2 looks like it's going to be the best over all phone this year but it still won't sell like the Galaxy S 4.

But an 8MP camera, likely the exact same module from the Z10 and Q10 which are not up to par with the two year old iPhone 4s and it's 8MP shooter. The Aristo will have literally the worst camera on a high end phone in 2013. Try and sell the non-unique time shift feature (which is BlackBerry's only camera trick) with that camera and you're a marketing genius if you pull it off.

The year old Bargain Bin clearance sale SOC won't help get any sales people pushing the phone over this holiday season.

The the screen won't measure up to the competition and even Windows Phone is finally going 1080P so it's pretty hard to argue that it's not going to be a consumer expectation whether it's needed or not.

The fact that the rumored dimensions of the Aristo have it being the fat kid in class isn't going to win over consumers. The fact that BlackBerry added bulk to the phone while taking away the removable battery that BlackBerry has been known for since inception 15 years ago won't win over many BlackBerry customers.

At a high end price, this phone seems to be purposely designed to have no target consumer. No one is going to switch from the massive Android ecosystem for this at $200 on contract. Even iPhone users who have been criticized for being behind the times for the last couple years are going to laugh at this phone and feel better about the 5s that finally won't be the weakest spec'ed high end phone on the market.

This is going to be a phone that's way over priced for the specs and will sit collecting dust over the holidays and and carriers will slash it to $0 first thing in the new year and won't ever place a second order for that phone because they are going to have to bribe people to get their existing stock off their hands.

If the Aristo launches with those specs, it won't sell unless it is priced CHEAP. Simple as that.
    MasterOfBinary and xweb10 like this.
    07-11-13 06:47 AM
    While I and everyone else wants a 1080p screen i am 99% sure its not happening. The specs are still pretty good and I still plan on getting one.
    I hope you are wrong. Believe it or not, to the average consumer it's a spec war and ,any folks go spec by spec and the screen is a biggie.

Jeff
    07-11-13 06:49 AM
    Fundamentally these specs ARE disappointing for a "rumoured" flagship device.
    By the time its out the competition will have something crazy out.

Forget what you all think but the competition has proven time and again that specs drive sales. So a hero device just has to stack up else it will be slated in comparisons. Period. I mean like Nokia is going all crazy with this 41megapixel thing and has just got everyone paying attention.

BBRY could do with that kind of attention even if it means merely matching the mightiest at the time of launch of the A10. Standing shoulder to shoulder with the giants in pure specs would help. And then tweak the software so that in all key benchmarks they are not too far behind (or even ahead).
    So ideally these rumours need to be wrong for BBRY's sake.
    07-11-13 06:49 AM
    Still more ppi than a person with 20/20 vision needs.
    And again, the average consumer is going to go by specs and specs alone, just like most of the review websites. Why are they always 1-2 years behind in hardware?

j
    07-11-13 06:55 AM
    And again, the average consumer is going to go by specs and specs alone, just like most of the review websites. Why are they always 1-2 years behind in hardware?

j
    And again. If it is a spec that isn't going to change the users experience, why have it. Consumers need to be educated and not led like sheep. 1080 isn't better for consumers.

And not all reviewers are playing the spec game. They know when something is useless.

1080p Screens On Smartphones Are Useless. Here’s Why. | Pocketnow
    grover5 likes this.
    07-11-13 07:02 AM
    Lmao! Do you always buy phones to impress your friends?
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 07:08 AM
    He has to protect himself from the random groups of iphone and android gangs that apparently actively seek out and challenge anybody with a blackberry to a phone duel.
    07-11-13 07:12 AM
    I think that is the veiled intention of this thread. A set up at least.

Sent from where I am.
    07-11-13 07:12 AM

j
    Sarcasm, correct?

Sent from where I am.
    07-11-13 07:14 AM
    You're not getting a 1080p screen.

• 5" OLED/HD/WXVGA, 1280X720, 24 bit color, S Stripe Pixel Arrangement, 295PPI
    • BlackBerry OS 10.2
    • 8MP Rear Camera with Flash, 5X 2MP Front Camera
    • MicoUSB, HDMI
    • 2800mAh Battery
    • 802.1b/g/n - HotSpot
    • NFC/DLNA/MicroSIM

And that's all I'm willing to give up... right now... cause there's different versions.
    And that's the specs that get Thorsten all excited? He's more out of touch with reality than I thought.
    Saiga and richardat like this.
    07-11-13 07:25 AM
    IPhone does not have mega specs and it sells well too.

Posted via CB10
    iPhone has an ecosystem to support it, some people are willing to pay more for a device that has EASY access to so much content, and that has so many accessories built to work exclusively with it.

iPhone is considered a premium brand, some people are willing to pay more just to say they own an iPhone. If you say you own a BB you get laughed at....

BlackBerry wants to be a premium brand again, and based on current device pricing it believes that it is. Unfortunately most people think that BlackBerry is already out of business... and too be honest there isn't much in the current BB10 device or the platform that would cause an average user to think... wow I really need to pay more for this.

BlackBerry needs to realizes that they have to rebuild their brand to make it a premium brand again, they can't just come out of the gate and say they are and not provide either the ecosystem that Apple has or the hardware that Android has. Just because they were once #1, doesn't mean much with consumers today.
    07-11-13 07:44 AM
    You're not getting a 1080p screen.

• 5" OLED/HD/WXVGA, 1280X720, 24 bit color, S Stripe Pixel Arrangement, 295PPI
    • BlackBerry OS 10.2
    • 8MP Rear Camera with Flash, 5X 2MP Front Camera
    • MicoUSB, HDMI
    • 2800mAh Battery
    • 802.1b/g/n - HotSpot
    • NFC/DLNA/MicroSIM

And that's all I'm willing to give up... right now... cause there's different versions.
    So this is what the Z5 will have latter this year... what about the Aristo?
    trwrt, Mr.Willie, h20work and 3 others like this.
    07-11-13 07:46 AM
    iPhone has an ecosystem to support it, some people are willing to pay more for a device that has EASY access to so much content, and that has so many accessories built to work exclusively with it.

iPhone is considered a premium brand, some people are willing to pay more just to say they own an iPhone. If you say you own a BB you get laughed at....

BlackBerry wants to be a premium brand again, and based on current device pricing it believes that it is. Unfortunately most people think that BlackBerry is already out of business... and too be honest there isn't much in the current BB10 device or the platform that would cause an average user to think... wow I really need to pay more for this.

BlackBerry needs to realizes that they have to rebuild their brand to make it a premium brand again, they can't just come out of the gate and say they are and not provide either the ecosystem that Apple has or the hardware that Android has. Just because they were once #1, doesn't mean much with consumers today.
    So a premium brand doesn't have to play the spec game. Thanks for clarifying.
    07-11-13 07:51 AM
    I didn't own a smart phone . Z10 is my first smart phone. If A10 had this specs, i'd go with iphone 5s or HTC one in a heart beat because I don't want to get stuck in a BB land where everything is slow and outdated.
    07-11-13 07:55 AM
    So a premium brand doesn't have to play the spec game. Thanks for clarifying.
    When people buy phones, they always compare specs first. If you lack app supports, you need to win the spec war because it's the only way you can stay in the game. If BB lose this spec war along with their apps supports, BB would be out of business.

Nobody expects BB to stay in business when they lose in every area.
    Last edited by letmein13; 07-11-13 at 09:20 AM.
    h20work and henrymei2005 like this.
    07-11-13 07:55 AM

And let's not forget that the iPhone is an iPod, which used to be the most popular portable music player.
    07-11-13 07:56 AM
    Id be interested to know - How many "tweens" walk in to Verizon and give a d@mn about specs.

You would have a tough time convincing me that every person with an S4 can tell you what processor it has.

My bet, they want to know if it has Instagram and Snapchat... (Still doesnt help BB)

I mean, the Prius is selling pretty well. Dont people know they could buy a Porsche? - Specs
    07-11-13 07:59 AM
    I didn't own a smart phone . Z10 is my first smart phone. If A10 had this specs, i'd go with iphone 5s or HTC one in a heart beat because I don't want to get stuck in a BB land where everything is slow and outdated.
    There you go. Someone who doesn't even try the device before making a decision. I bet you buy your cars without taking a test drive either. How do you know it is slow? And if it is as fast as an iPhone 5s with less specs, why would you buy the other one just for specs?
    diegonei, Otech#CB and zgmf2000 like this.
    07-11-13 08:01 AM
372 ... 23456 ...