that's less ppi s than the Z10 WTF ?
    07-10-13 09:35 PM
    i would, i personally think they are ugly as sin and can't handle for doo doo
    Looks are subjective, but by all accounts the latest Mustang has excellent handling. Old ones definitely had some issues there, but they've worked wonders with that thing despite the lack of independent rear suspension.

But I digress. Let's keep this thread on-topic.
    07-10-13 09:37 PM
    Bigger display, same resolution. That's what happens.
    07-10-13 09:38 PM
    i would, i personally think they are ugly as sin and can't handle for doo doo
    I guess you missed the fact that they handle at .95g.

The point is that don't write something off because of misconceptions. Don't write off the A10 until you try it.
    07-10-13 09:40 PM
    That battery should be bigger.... that's all I'm saying... with a screen that big...

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 09:41 PM
    Still more ppi than a person with 20/20 vision needs.
    07-10-13 09:41 PM
    That battery should be bigger.... that's all I'm saying... with a screen that big...

Posted via CB10
    2800mAh is massive, even bigger than the Galaxy S4 (same screen size) or the HTC One (smaller screen).
    07-10-13 09:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    The fact that it is a HD 720p screen means that it will consume less battery than one with 1080p.
    Thunderbuck and grover5 like this.
    07-10-13 09:43 PM
    The fact that it is a HD 720p screen means that it will consume less battery than one with 1080p.
    That's all theoretical.... real life situations... I bet no more than 6 hrs...

Hell my playbook should have better battery life that an I pad yet it doesnt... see what I'm getting at?

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 09:56 PM
    The 6-cylinder 'Stang has over 300hp and gets 33mpg. For some buyers that's absolutely AWESOME.
    Don't confuse him with performance...just give him random numbers.
    07-10-13 09:58 PM
    anyone remember the all things D interview mike lazaridis did when a reporter ripped into him because he bought the 9800 and it was way old specs?
    3 years on im yet to see the mentality change, now defend all you want, but Thorsten has been COO of product engineering, then COO of product and sales then CEO. its clear to me he is at least partially responsible for some of the hardware choices in the past, and it seems the lessons to be learned from them just haven't gone through.

Is it a specs race? no its a experience race, however your devices need to be perceived to be high end specs if you want to charge high end prices for them, and that's before the experience with less apps etc etc. So its not specs for the point of specs, its specs for the point of relevance to your opposition, no offence but that's where consumer mindset is at right now, and rather than Throsten banging out about carriers `not going to where the puck is gonna be` I think a 720p screen at the end of 2013 shows BlackBerry to be guilty of that exact same mentality.

Harsh to say? yes, but im sorry if they haven't realised then they really need to be told.
    07-10-13 10:05 PM

Hell my playbook should have better battery life that an I pad yet it doesnt... see what I'm getting at?

Posted via CB10
    No. It's not theoretical. The more pixels involved, the more power is needed to power them, along with increased cpu and gpu processing the increased pixels. It is a fact. Please do your research.

Just one link. There are all kinds.

Demystifying the myth of full HD smart phone screens – The Express Tribune Blog
    Thunderbuck and Skyforever like this.
    07-10-13 10:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    Apples and Blackberries comparison. All else being identical, a 720 device will last longer than a 1080 device.
    07-10-13 10:07 PM
    Apples and Blackberries comparison. All else being identical, a 720 device will last longer than a 1080 device.
    I'm not saying no to that.. im just going by what BlackBerry has been doing so far... time will tell... I hope I'm wrong.. actually I'm praying that I'm wrong

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 10:15 PM
    I'm not saying no to that.. im just going by what BlackBerry has been doing so far... time will tell... I hope I'm wrong.. actually I'm praying that I'm wrong

Posted via CB10
    You mean like when Apple came out with a new Retina iPad and a large battery, but the battery only lasted as long as the non Retina display. That is what I am talking about. 720 is the right way to go.
    07-10-13 10:22 PM
    I have heard a lot of rumors surrounding this phone; one rumor has it pegged at 2.2 quad core processor with 4 gb ram while others have it like the post. I'm more inclined to go with the former just because I don't BlackBerry is stupid enough to do something as dum as roll out its flagship phone with those specs plus it would be super cool cause my z10 runs silky smooth already and with those specs I just mentioned it would be at the speed of light. However until it is official I won't buy into any rumors and just wait until they are announced and I suggest the same for every one else as well

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 10:27 PM
    The camera needs to be much better than the Z10's to get anywhere so I really hope the hardware team put a great deal of focus on this and a lot of people I know buy phones based on specs such as a quadcore processor so it is important for BB to sell phones.
    07-10-13 10:33 PM
    Bigger display, same resolution. That's what happens.
    Yep - do the math.
    07-10-13 10:43 PM
    No. It's not theoretical. The more pixels involved, the more power is needed to power them, along with increased cpu and gpu processing the increased pixels. It is a fact. Please do your research.
    Naively, I'd think the power consumption would be related to the total brightness of the display rather than the resolution. For an LCD with a backlight, the backlight is the same whatever the resolution so I wouldn't really expect much difference. In an OLED display I suppose each pixel would be comparatively smaller and dimmer in a higher-res display to keep the total brightness comparable. Of course if you make the display larger that means more light and more power, but just dividing into more pixels? I guess there's the GPU factor but my guess is that's not that big of a deal if you're not gaming, it's always the "screen on" at high brightness that kills you.
    07-10-13 10:53 PM
    Funny I agree with both sides of the arguments being made in here....

One the one hand my Z runs great with a dual core processor, 2 gigs of ram, and a 720 screen...
    One the other specs sell phones, if not to consumers, then to the guys who sell the phones to consumers. BlackBerry needs to understand that as beautiful as bb10 is, and it's awesome, an OS alone can't sell someone on SWITCHING their mobile eco system. Look at how Android struggled initially... it wasn't until they started punching apple in the throat on a monthly basis spec wise that consumers finally gave it some mind share. And even that probably came from the guys/ gals at the store talking about it and getting excited.
    I guess the point is if you ask someone to leave behind what they've already invested in i.e. apps and such, then you have to give them something tangibly compelling enough to make the switch while the eco system improves on our platform. And as amazing as I find BB10 to be on my Z, I'm not an average consumer, I don't go with the masses for the sake of just because. I try it, if I like it I buy it, but average consumers need to "hear" how amazing the hardware is on their phone in order to be compelled enough to make a switch imho.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 11:53 PM
    I want to say there's no way BlackBerry would launch a 5" phone with 2GB RAM and a dual core processor and 720p display... that's literally a larger (and in some ways crappier) Z10. That would imply their definition of more powerful is simply larger.. and doesn't add up.
    That's BlackBerry for ya.
    07-11-13 12:09 AM
    They need something the others don't have.
    They do. It's called BlackBerry 10.
    07-11-13 02:01 AM
    Ya exactly it's like when some one buys a big pickup truck with a diesel engine when you never plan on pulling a trailer.... its about principles.
    Whatever spec they use, if it's not being maximized then what is the point?
    All I want is "normal" spec but with better overall performance.
    07-11-13 02:56 AM
    Hey Bla1ze if you can answer:

I assume none of the versions have a removable battery right?

And do all the versions have mini usb ab ports?

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 03:50 AM
    I don't believe rumors. However, even Blackberry official announcements cannot be believed as well.
    anon(1852343) and xBURK like this.
    07-11-13 04:26 AM
372 12345 ...