Ok so if this is not going to be the hero phone, what is? I'm not clear on this. Is there something else coming this year?
    Jaguarandine likes this.
    07-10-13 08:38 PM
    You guys make rubbish fan boys, have you not learnt anything over the past week or so (playbook).

The leaked a10 specs will be officially announced soon.

A few weeks before the release of the a10 Thorsten will announce the a10 is being delayed because he's not happy on the quality of the experience of 10.2 on the aristo Dev alpha witb those specs, the hardware is not up to scratch so BlackBerry is going all guns blazing with updated hardware for Q2 2014, meanwhile Samsung is launching the bendable transparent phone, apple in car entertainment patent sues the hell out of QNX and HP revive Palm to go head to head with Nokia windows.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry is becoming the 6 cylinder mustang...
    tack likes this.
    You're not getting a 1080p screen.

• 5" OLED/HD/WXVGA, 1280X720, 24 bit color, S Stripe Pixel Arrangement, 295PPI
    • BlackBerry OS 10.2
    • 8MP Rear Camera with Flash, 5X 2MP Front Camera
    • MicoUSB, HDMI
    • 2800mAh Battery
    • 802.1b/g/n - HotSpot
    • NFC/DLNA/MicroSIM

And that's all I'm willing to give up... right now... cause there's different versions.
    Hopefully all the versions end up in the trash bin and BlackBerry bows out of Q4 again as that phone will be annihilated by the competition this holiday season if it's not priced at $400 without carrier subsidy and $0 on a 2 year.

That's just so far behind what the market expects from a high end phone that it's BlackBerry would be better off not releasing it at all rather then face the blood bath this phone will endure in the market.

Even Apple is upping the camera specs on the iPhone 5s this year. This phone is DOA and if it represents the best BlackBerry can do, the road to recovery will be long and excruciating.
    xweb10, szlevi and Donvald like this.
    07-10-13 08:41 PM
    http://www.crackberry.com/blackberry-9720-and-flagship-blackberry-a10-still-set-release-later-year

I was really hoping Blackberry would take a risk, and hit it out of the park with the A10.
    Looks like its just more of the same, a Z10 wrapped up in a five inch screen.

WTF!! Blackberry.
    A friend of mine who works at Blackberry India .. confirmed me it's going to be high end specs .. 1080p and quad core and all .. please don't just leave a thread to garner attention and speculate on rumors .. btw BGR sucks ..
    brout and Otech#CB like this.
    07-10-13 08:42 PM

• BlackBerry OS 10.2
    • MicoUSB, HDMI
    • 2800mAh Battery
    • 802.1b/g/n - HotSpot
    • NFC/DLNA/MicroSIM

And that's all I'm willing to give up... right now... cause there's different versions.
    ONLY 2800mAh? Dang.
    07-10-13 08:43 PM
    I don't know. I've tried all the big so called super phones out there and find my Z10 is better for my liking. I'm sure the A10 will be a welcome surprise, but unfortunately less educated people will say it's not powerful enough. To be safe from these critics, I think BlackBerry has to juice it up even when it's not necessary. Shame but true.

Posted via CB10
    ^THIS!
    Blackberry_Fiend likes this.
    07-10-13 08:46 PM

• BlackBerry OS 10.2
    • MicoUSB, HDMI
    • 2800mAh Battery
    • 802.1b/g/n - HotSpot
    • NFC/DLNA/MicroSIM

This can't be true, if it is it sounds terrible. Especially because it'll be delayed once again
    oldforum likes this.
    07-10-13 08:50 PM
    With specs like that, this phone should be out right now. What exactly is the holdup?
    07-10-13 08:52 PM
    This can't be true, if it is it sounds terrible. Especially because it'll be delayed once again
    Really? What is the terrible part?
    07-10-13 08:56 PM
    Ergonomically I find the Z10 to be just right....I do not understand people with Notes and other gargantuan phones....where do they go? A purse, or, a Metro Bag for men (a purse) or you have really big roomy pockets....
    ctuffy likes this.
    07-10-13 08:58 PM
    What about different versions did you miss? And nothing is true, until it's officially announced. It's all just 'rumors'. It's also why I think BGR doesn't have the full specs either, the different versions are either to mess with peoples minds or they're testing each out to see which perform better in the long term.
    07-10-13 08:59 PM
    With specs like that, this phone should be out right now. What exactly is the holdup?
    hahaha...."Carrier testing" was what we were told for the Z and Q....probably the same load of ****
    tryfe likes this.
    07-10-13 09:00 PM
    Ergonomically I find the Z10 to be just right....I do not understand people with Notes and other gargantuan phones....where do they go? A purse, or, a Metro Bag for men (a purse) or you have really big roomy pockets....
    The Galaxy S4 is a quarter-inch taller and an eighth-inch wider than the Z10.
    07-10-13 09:01 PM
    COOL!! What is wrong with that?

The refreshed 2013 Ford Mustang V-6 isn't a lightweight, tipping the scales with 3511 bred-in-America pounds. But despite its corpulence, it can accelerate, turn, and stop quicker than most of the competition. Take a look at the spec panel -- 0-60 mph in 5.3 seconds, quarter mile in 13.9 seconds at 100.1 mph, lateral acceleration of 0.95 g, figure eight in 25.4 seconds, and 60-0 in 110 feet -- and it's evident the Mustang overachieves in almost every major objective test.
    So how'd it get so real? Power -- and a lot of it. With a 3.7-liter, 24-valve V-6, the Mustang puts out a lofty 305 horsepower and 280 lb-ft

Read more: 2013 Ford Mustang V-6 Premium First Test - Motor Trend
    2013 Ford Mustang V-6 Premium First Test - Motor Trend
    07-10-13 09:01 PM
    honestly the A10 doesnt need spectacular hardware under the hood, because even I forget how fast my processor my z10 has. All the A10 needs is a wicked screen and an amazing battery
    Jeremy Bivens likes this.
    07-10-13 09:04 PM
    The Galaxy S4 is a quarter-inch taller and an eighth-inch wider than the Z10.
    Did you see where I said "NOTES?"
    07-10-13 09:06 PM
    Did you see where I said "NOTES?"
    ".. and other gargantuan phones." I figured since the GS4 has a 5" screen like the device that is the topic of this thread, that it would have been included in your comment. My apologies if I assumed too much and you were just making an off-topic comment for no reason.
    07-10-13 09:10 PM
    A friend of mine who works at Blackberry India .. confirmed me it's going to be high end specs .. 1080p and quad core and all .. please don't just leave a thread to garner attention and speculate on rumors .. btw BGR sucks ..
    That doesn't mean he's right just because he works at BlackBerry. We've all heard the story of so and so person being a manager who said this and that with the wrong info. Not everyone has the same level of exposure to information, which is the same for any company. Can you imagine how fast anything would leak if everyone had the same level of information? Wouldn't even be funny
    07-10-13 09:16 PM
    These could be the initial specs of the device when it was in planning, but the final production of the device may include up to date specs. Otherwise, it will be a bad move on BB's part, even though the specs are adequate for the needs of BB10 software and devices. Releasing these specs on a new device will be inviting criticism from the press and industry that Blackberry is still playing catch up and are behind the times.

Most consumers when buying a high-end phone consider the relevance of the specs both now and it's potential to stay relevant throughout at least a two year contract or upgrade.

So, I'm hoping BB has sobered up and will do the right thing and release more competitive and relevant specs.
    07-10-13 09:24 PM
    The 6-cylinder 'Stang has over 300hp and gets 33mpg. For some buyers that's absolutely AWESOME.
    LazyEvul, tryfe, grover5 and 1 others like this.
    07-10-13 09:27 PM
    They need something the others don't have.

They don't seem to get that.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    Hardware isn't a solid approach to getting something others don't have, especially with specs. Because pretty soon, the others will have it, and probably before many BlackBerry newcomers even decide to ditch their old phone for a due upgrade!

What BlackBerry needs is awesome marketing. They need to anticipate spending more in the US since the situation is more dire here. Also, they need to keep improving BlackBerry 10 to truly bring out the "mobile computing". Making everything and I mean everything usable in landscape and portrait is a good place to start IMHO, because these vertical restrictions remind me it is still just a smartphone.

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    Last edited by STV0726; 07-10-13 at 09:51 PM.
    Skyforever, diegonei and wiredr like this.
    07-10-13 09:27 PM
    The 6-cylinder 'Stang has over 300hp and gets 33mpg. For some buyers that's absolutely AWESOME.
    I know I sure as hell wouldn't say no to that...
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    07-10-13 09:29 PM
    I know I sure as hell wouldn't say no to that...
    i would, i personally think they are ugly as sin and can't handle for doo doo
    h20work likes this.
    07-10-13 09:33 PM
    What about different versions did you miss?
    I caught that. Quit clearly. I don't know who you are, (other than your involvement with CrackBerry) if you have an engineering sample, or what. All I know is I am waiting patiently for the A10. In the mean time, I am now sporting a 4.7" 1080 screen. It's a beauty. I am not going to 720. That's so 2012 and we are in the second half of 2013. Move forward, not back.

I also want 32 gigs of storage. I am through with managing SD cards.
    07-10-13 09:33 PM
372 1234 ...