I posted somewhere on Crackberry recently about allowing an iPhone using pharmacist at Walmart to use my Z30 and she was amazed that it was actually a BlackBerry. She said she dud know they were making such nice phones now. If we all do our bit the word will eventually get out.

Posted via CB10
    That's one of the main issues, most people want to "touch and experience" before making a phone purchase. It is almost impossible to find one for this experience.

Also, customer support at BB is definately the worst. Just try calling for repair, warranty....good luck.

If one cannot play with the device, it simply won't sell. And when a potential customer "googles" Blackberry and reads they are dumping 4500 people every year, they run to other options, sadly.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-04-14 12:32 PM
    It's not just the phone. It's apps, the entire platform, perception, etc. For an example, the BB Music store is terrible compared to Google Play Music, it's clunky, and for people that already have thousands of songs on itunes, they will mistakenly believe they have to stay on ios to keep their music.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-04-14 01:03 PM
    In the USA 3 of the 4 major vendors do not have it to sell. I have seen no Verizon marketing of the phone and certainly no BlackBerry marketing, but that might be water under the bridge.

I know of few people who go to the cellphone vendors and even have BlackBerry on their minds here in the States. Its not just about what's on the phones, what apps work with the phones, but, what else you can do with the phones. Go to BestBuy, Carphone Warehouse, any electronic vendor and see all the accessories for iPhone and the Samsung phones. Chromecast and AllShare with all Samsung devices, and Apple TV. Go into the BestBuy there are Samsung and Apple "stores within a store" where you find out the synergies with all the different devices.

You Samsung phone and your tablet likely share apps as would your iphone and your ipad no need for 2 appstores. You just know everything that works on one, works on the other.

I could go on and on.

BlackBerry has a long row to hoe to get competitive with these major manufacturers. As others have said HTC, LG and Motorola are also finding it hard to compete here.
    02-04-14 01:05 PM
    I am totally and utterly confused.

I've had the Blackberry Z30 since Friday and for the life in me I can't figure out why - even without a dollar spent on advertising - this phone isn't selling like hot cakes.

It is quite simply the perfect phone in every way. It looks great, it is quick, it sounds terrific, and it lets me do stuff that I could only dream of doing on an iPhone or Droid.

I have the very latest iPad mini, which in comparison seems so clunky and unintuitive moving round the apps and having to keep pressing that silly black button at the bottom.

Why do so few people get it? This Z30 absolutely rocks.

I'm looking round the 'net and see review sites who gave it 3.5 stars only to then look at the 4.8 star average rating given by the readers of that review site. I'm seeing this time and time again.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but it seriously like there's other 'forces' at action here.
    I do like my Z30, but there are several reasons why it isn't selling:

1. The media killed the brand
    2. There are close to zero native apps for the platform and Android apps run slowly
    3. The phone is nowhere near as fast as the current-gen (Qualcomm 800) Android handsets. Why would you pay more for a Z30 than for an Android handset that runs the same apps considerably faster? The whole security debate is entirely moot once you start installing Android apps anyway.

The Z30 IS a nice phone, but it isn't very competitive.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    02-04-14 02:46 PM

2. There are close to zero native apps for the platform and Android apps run slowly
    3. The phone is nowhere near as fast as the current-gen (Qualcomm 800) Android handsets. Why would you pay more for a Z30 than for an Android handset that runs the same apps considerably faster? The whole security debate is entirely moot once you start installing Android apps anyway.

You don't have a Z30 now, do you. Never did, did you. Come on. Come clean. Zero native apps? Nice try.

Via CB10 Rogers Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925/1926 Radio
    02-04-14 02:59 PM
    As for your new iPad mini, if you learn to use the gestures, you won't need to use the "silly, clunky" home button to access other apps or the homescreen. There are gestures for that, just like on Blackberry Playbook.

4-Finger Swipe switches instantly between multi-tasked apps.
    4-finger pinch takes you straight to the home screen.

Tons more that sounds like they'll make life with your new iPad much more friendly. Just like the gestures in BB10, you have to learn them and use them.

What Are Multitasking Gestures? - iPad Help
    Lesson learned? If you have less than 4 fingers (available), don't get the iPad mini. See BB 10 is universal, 1 finger or a nose is all it takes to operate.
    02-04-14 03:02 PM
    You don't have a Z30 now, do you. Never did, did you. Come on. Come clean. Zero native apps? Nice try.

Typing this on my Z30
    kevinnugent likes this.
    02-04-14 03:10 PM

And yes, close to zero native apps - at least no usable ones. I'd say less than 15% of the apps in the App World are native by now.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 03:13 PM
    It doesn?t have the apps. Sideloading doesn't count when it comes to mainstream sales.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 03:14 PM
    I am totally and utterly confused.

I've had the Blackberry Z30 since Friday and for the life in me I can't figure out why - even without a dollar spent on advertising - this phone isn't selling like hot cakes.

It is quite simply the perfect phone in every way. It looks great, it is quick, it sounds terrific, and it lets me do stuff that I could only dream of doing on an iPhone or Droid.

I have the very latest iPad mini, which in comparison seems so clunky and unintuitive moving round the apps and having to keep pressing that silly black button at the bottom.

Why do so few people get it? This Z30 absolutely rocks.

I'm looking round the 'net and see review sites who gave it 3.5 stars only to then look at the 4.8 star average rating given by the readers of that review site. I'm seeing this time and time again.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but it seriously like there's other 'forces' at action here.
    I agree with you completely! I�m also a very impressed Z30 owner and ist the best Blackberry I ever had (have a look at my signature)... This happens a month ago: I was forced to swap my Z30 cause of an damage. I went to my Telekom-store (Germany) and a salesman took care of me. He saw my Z30 (backside first) and was stunned..."what�s that for a Producer" and he turned around my Z30... "Whaaat?! A BlackBerry?! ... We have a Q10 and a .... (he mused obviously)... a C10 or Z10... I think Z10 in our program... Whats that for a device?" I told him that he hold a Z30 in his hand and I began to explain the specs- to a salesman of Telekom Germany!
    BlackBerry isnt present anymore in the perception! The central issue is the missing point-of-sale advertising: neither the customers nor the seller notice the existence of BlackBerry, expressly the hole portfolio...

So Blackberry has to overcome two obstacles in the attitudes of customers:

1. Knowledge of existence cause:
    Some people won't eat anything they've never seen before.

2. Eliminate prejudices cause:
    Better the devil you know than the devil you don't.

So the most people choose Android or Apple....

Solution:
    exuberant and aggressive comparative advertising!!!!

Blackberry merits much more appreciation- no doubt about it!
    02-04-14 03:34 PM
    Lesson learned? If you have less than 4 fingers (available), don't get the iPad mini. See BB 10 is universal, 1 finger or a nose is all it takes to operate.
    My windows tab works the same. I don't miss swiping my pb because I still have it
    02-04-14 03:43 PM
    The Z30 is an awesome device that deserves more marketing dollars, and better technical reviews. If you check out customer reviews they tend to be very good, 4.5+ out of 5. I would recommend that you write a review from where you bought it.

Also check out CNET, user ratings are also very high, and it's ranked #4 overall.

Cell Phones - CNET Reviews desc

Sort by user rating after you go to the site.

Z30 on 2.2.1.1925 in Canada
    I wonder what the CNET review would be like with 10.2.1 under the hood...the thing that's interesting with technology, especially phones is that the customer base is making a new buying decision every 2 or so years...by comparing phones to IT decisions made on beta max or HD DVD vs. Blu-Ray...most people aren't refreshing these devices regularly, nor do they play an integral role in everyone's lifestyle and productivity...as the word gets out, traction will occur...it needs to be helped with more BB10 device options and some marketing...I'm sure they are rebuilding the marketing plans and hopefully relaunch BB10 with some new phones in the coming months to get this thing going again...
    02-04-14 05:19 PM
    Lets face it Z10 Got bashed a lot by irresponsible media types Combine that with massive write off for the Z10 and now you have company with a tarnished image. It's no wonder the Z30 gets a bad rap. So now i would say BB has a bit of a hill to climb to get people to notice the Z30. That's how life is! Unless the Media stops bashing BB like they do and realizes how high the customer reviews for BB are, it won't be easy. Most people only pay attention to what is printed in the media these days.You saw what happened when that article was published about the Z30 beating out the competition in the texting contest at the CES show. The author agreed the BB Z30 was a great phone but still called it half baked. So there you go again the media liking to always put a negative spin on any BB article they write. Never once do they ever say BB10 Z30 is great just like the reviews they get, unlike the cannot do any wrong Iphone does!
    Jrox74 and Naeg1995 like this.
    02-04-14 05:34 PM
    And yes, close to zero native apps - at least no usable ones. I'd say less than 15% of the apps in the App World are native by now.

Posted via CB10
    Tried them all have you? How about wandering into the app forums and telling the developers there that all their apps which you've clearly personally tried are "unusable". Perhaps they'd be interested in your detailed feedback on each of the many thousands of native apps you've tried ....

Likewise, what methodology are using to measure the % that are cascades vs. android vs. air vs. webworks?

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3 and deptech like this.
    02-04-14 05:36 PM
    I don't think a lot of people knew about the Z30 launch..
    02-04-14 05:59 PM
    Love my z30, z10, PlayBook and even my torch still. Got appletv and a couple ipads too. Wife and kids have iphones. Which ecosystem do most use to run their home?

Silly question, I know. But that's one answer for why blackberry isn't breaking any sales records.

True, BlackBerry s focus is on their enterprise business, and rightly so, I'm hoping that down the road, their focus will include an ecosystem that allows us to control our homes as well. Once there, BlackBerry can consider themselves a true competitor to apple. IMHO, it's not just about the hardware, apps or operating systems. It's all of those things and more put together that makes or breaks a company.

I believe BlackBerry is on the right track so far.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 08:20 PM
    I think you make some pertinent points, but this one threw me for a loop.
    02-04-14 08:31 PM
    It's all in the marketing baby. I'm a BB girl and love it. Not an expert yet but dying to get the Z30. On VZ not eligible for upgrade til 2015. But with the trade in value at $300US for my Z10 I'm going all the way in. It also comes from the reps in the stores selling the device I was there today and my son is interested in the new iphone 6, when I said my next phone was the Z30 the rep said WHY?? BB is on the way out and that is what the consumer hears when they go to the store no matter what the carrier. They need help marketing, I have a few ideas maybe I should call them.
    Jrox74 likes this.
    02-04-14 09:04 PM

1) Media somewhat reported facts. BB released the Z10, people had problems with them and returned them. They got something else. Of course negitivly biased stories didn't help much either.

2) Yep. Also when Z10 came out, must have apps that I had on my BBOS device were not (and still are not) avalible. Side load Android apps ? If I am going to buy a phone to run Android apps... Well, you know.

3) See # 2. Also, not having a 1080P screen on their flagship device was a big mistake. The question I have to ask, isn't security, for the average consumer/prosumer a moot point anyway with BB 10 not supporting BIS ?
    02-04-14 10:34 PM
    where and how I can post a question????
    can anyone plz help
    02-04-14 11:30 PM
    The question I have to ask, isn't security, for the average consumer/prosumer a moot point anyway with BB 10 not supporting BIS ?

I believe the entire OS is built for security - however, if you have to run Android apps to make up for the lack of native apps, the security advantage goes down the drain.
    02-05-14 01:52 AM
    It could be selling better if the other three major U.S. carriers sold the Z30 at all.
    02-05-14 02:01 AM
    Lack of marketing and people won't give it a chance. Simply put.

Posted via CB10
    lang007 likes this.
    02-05-14 02:34 AM
    Based on what I have seen here in the USA the last 6 months, there is NO marketing for ANY Blackberry products here and most sales folks at the carriers here will not support the brand.

Quit blaming it all on the carriers, why hasn't the folks at the corporate offices up there in Waterloo got off their *** and start to reassure and support the carriers here???

Don't blame the media either, they only report based on what they have seen here. T-Mobile one of the largest and once loyal Blackberry supporters no longer carries any Blackberry products in their stores????WTF.

Talking to a local store owner, I was told it was because so many folks return returned their z10's because of the restart issues and the lack of customer support from Blackberry???

How can you expect a carrier to sell your product if the manufacture themselves have shown no support for the own products??? Where are these marketing and customer service folks from the Blackberry corporate offices?????

Don't pass the buck and make this a one sided issue. Blackberry is also to blame and so far here in the USA, I have seen nothing to change my opinion???

Sent using the CB app
    Last edited by bakron1; 02-05-14 at 07:35 AM.
    02-05-14 03:28 AM
    http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Bl...-Review_id3452

Always an interesting discussion. Many people like BlackBerry and find it a very good device (z10 and z30) even people how don't own one.
    Reviews always rated high but still sale is very low. For a flagship phone the effort seems very low to promote it
    Here in the Netherlands not one store sells the z30. Only online.

Such good devices but BlackBerry can't get there act straight....

? posted via my Z10
    02-05-14 04:57 AM
103 12345