Tell me, does Samsung sell only phones and enterprise MDM solutions?

And that's why the budget is so different.
    Why don't you just look at their mobile division budget? I know they sell many other things but their mobile marketing budget is North of 2 billion from what I understand.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 07:01 PM
    unfortunately with all the news regarding losses and declining share of the market people feel like blackberry is dead already. I think the z30 is a great product it just came out at the wrong time. like they say "timing is everything" in this case the timing couldnt have been worse.
    02-03-14 07:22 PM
    agreed, blackberry really stumbled out of the gate with bb10... i know hindsight is 20/20 but they should have but the super bowl add (i know i will say my peace and move on) should have showed the great features that it CAN do.... or at least they should have had a followup add to show these things.. instead they don't show the phone and i bet 90% of people incuding me didn't know anything about bb10 and just assumed it was another dull looking business phone..

samsung has and apple have been successful because of the look at we can do!! and they get you all excited thinking that is cool.. until you buy it and realize its a totally waste of time and useless... but you have bought it already...haha

blackberry really needs some unique marketing adds. use real people like j.c. to show how cool bb10 is then they would get interest in it.. they should have a contest win a (insert blackberry devise) for the best bb10 commercial.. and then air them...people have no idea cause they have no idea what its like..
    Jrox74 likes this.
    02-03-14 08:09 PM
    Don't be confused because it is really quite simple. Everyone does not share your opinion that the Z30 absolutely rocks. People spend their money on the best phone for them, contrary to CrackBerry belief.
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    02-03-14 09:04 PM
    Don't be confused because it is really quite simple. Everyone does not share your opinion that the Z30 absolutely rocks. People spend their money on the best phone for them, contrary to CrackBerry belief.
    Correction, people spend their money on the "in" phone. Most people don't use any phone to its full capability. They just purchase the thing to have at the time.

Posted via CB10
    yorkshireman2 and bigbmc26 like this.
    02-03-14 09:10 PM
    Hi I'm also on a Z10 and I can't wait for the update to hit here in HK. I have seen the Z30 here in HK & BB 10 is a great OS. It is hard to shake a negative image & with some of the early problems with the Z10 & BB 10 at the release it did not help however with the work that has been done and all of the great things now happening with 10.2.1 and the Z30 getting great reviews now is the time for BB to hit the ground running on marketing this great product. I took over a business here that had a terrible reputation but with 3 years of hard work we have seen nothing but growth & now a great reputation. It can be done..Come on Mr. Chen & Co make it happen! Rocking in HK w/ My Z10 & 64GB Playbook.
    02-03-14 09:32 PM
    I've been using BB10 since the Dev Alpha A (got one at BB Jam session in Vancouver) and the LE Z10 since last March. Just got myself a Z30 and, wow, is everything running smoothly. My Z10 was running 10.2.1 very well, but somehow the Z30 seems just a bit smoother. The AMOLED screen is awesome, the battery life is great, and the weight and materials give it the BlackBerry premium feel (the Z10 on the other hand is a lot more like a Samsung phone with the polycarbonate construction).
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-04-14 12:30 AM
    This device is "our" precious.
    I don't expect it to be widely sold, I don't even believe it has been built in that perspective. That's a phablet, a formerly unknown market for BlackBerry who had inventory issues before they bring it to the market. They didn't build tens of millions (hopefully) and they won't either in the future.

This is going to be a "legend device", the kind of those we'll speak in years and consider people who have one as ancient-but-cool-loyalists, the kind you rely on to identify serious people with serious tools in the crowd.
    That's my "I was here and I was right" marker; make it yours !

P.S: I don't believe this is anyhow a "plan" they had. Just the way (I believe) it is.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 02-04-14 at 05:14 AM. Reason: typos
    BigBadWulf and laketrout73 like this.
    02-04-14 03:55 AM
    This device is "our" precious.
    I don't expect it to be widely sold, I don't even believe it has been built in that perspective. That's a phablet, a formerly unknown market for BlackBerry who had inventory issues before they bring it to the market. They didn't bild tens of millions (hopefully) and they won't either in the future.

This is going to be a "legend device", the kind of those we'll speak in years and consider people who have one as ancient-but-cool-loyalists, the kind you rely on to identify serious people with serious tools in the crowd.
    That's my "I was here and I was right" marker; make it yours !

P.S: I don't believe this is anyhow a "plan" they had. Just the way (I believe) it is.
    No one can describe the situation in better words!

--------------------

Screen Timeout for BB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-04-14 05:00 AM
    I love mine!
    02-04-14 05:39 AM
    Hopefully, slowly but surely, people will begin to give BB10 phones a second chance. Time heals all wounds.

My Z30 is simply my Beauty & work Beast!!
    02-04-14 06:48 AM
    The device is one pices of the puzzle.

Marketing is another pices of the puzzle that is also very important that is sorely missing for all BlackBerry devices.

Ecosystem has gotten a boost from having to Sideload to now being able to install some Android Stores or Sideload an app that allows access to Google Play.... but this is still new and is not really official yet, so it is hard to expect the "public" to even know about it.

Perspective.... Z30 can be a great device for BlackBerry users, and still not be a great device. I would expect the Z30 to get five out of five stars in consumer review sites, as the ONLY people buying it (or that knows it exists) are hardcore BlackBerry users. Right now word of mouth and the needs of enterprise are the only things pushing sales along.

There is a LOT of potential in the BB10 OS, if things had been done differently I really think people would have like BB10 better than iOS or Android!.
    Maybe Chen is waiting for the right moment to get the OS polished enough, incorporate the full Android ecosystem, and have the right devices at the right prices points to relaunch the platform.....
    02-04-14 07:36 AM
    lol I love my Z30 unlocked had it just over a month now, also had the S4 nice phone but ran slow, my battery also swelled up quite bad so had to say peace to the S4...heard rumours of a BlackBerry Z50 being released this year I hope so ( will run even better when vodafone UK release the updated software)

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 07:45 AM
    Best. Phone. EVER. Period.
    yorkshireman2 likes this.
    02-04-14 08:17 AM
    i have said this story before but let me say it again... my three siblings have iphones, we live in usa... they know i like bb, and always make fun of me, the company is in bankruptcy etc... i have a z30, and they knew i got this new phone and wanted to see it... i showed it to my brother, and his reaction was being quiet, which it's interesting since the normal reaction is making fun... when my brother saw me using the keyboard and the autocorrect, he was seriously interested... when he saw the size of the phone, how smooth it is, how i can type in three diffferent languages at the same time, apps using snap, he had only compliments to say... that night, talking with my wife, i told her that i felt that the phone got my brother by surprise, he was expecting another old bb... next day, my brother called me and asked what kind of phone i have, i said a z30 which is only available with verizon... he told me: when i am up for upgrade, i will give it a try... this coming from a guy that always make fun of bb and he has never owed one... no idea if he will or not but what a change in perception from him just at looking at the device and see me using it for less than a minute...
    If more of us simply stood up for the new BlackBerry and challenges criticism with facts and demos like the above post describes, we would amplify the effects of reversing the negative sentiment. Perhaps we could share successful techniques with each other. I have influenced about 10 people in my circle just by stepping in when BlackBerry criticism starts. Right away I say hey, "that's the old BB, don't confuse popular with better. Try it. Come here, look at this and that (show the features). Dude, this thing has surpassed iPhone and Android (btw Google simply ripped off Apple) technology. Blackberry today is where apple was in 2007. Not taken seriously." we all know what happened after that. This the pattern in the technology business.

I think Chen and his team will get the message out. I think the positive shift has to start internally with BlackBerry and their employees. They have been beaten down and despite the superior technology, they/the culture don't fully believe in themselves enough to walk the talk we supporters already see. Once they get their swagger back, I think we'll see momentum pick up. We believe, Blackberry itself I think isn't quite there yet.

Converting two more this week. "Keep moving"...lol
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-04-14 08:51 AM
    Oh, and one more thing/technique I'd like to offer. Don't confuse popular with better. McDonald's is popular.
    02-04-14 08:54 AM
    I am totally and utterly confused.

I've had the Blackberry Z30 since Friday and for the life in me I can't figure out why - even without a dollar spent on advertising - this phone isn't selling like hot cakes.

It is quite simply the perfect phone in every way. It looks great, it is quick, it sounds terrific, and it lets me do stuff that I could only dream of doing on an iPhone or Droid.

I have the very latest iPad mini, which in comparison seems so clunky and unintuitive moving round the apps and having to keep pressing that silly black button at the bottom.

Why do so few people get it? This Z30 absolutely rocks.

I'm looking round the 'net and see review sites who gave it 3.5 stars only to then look at the 4.8 star average rating given by the readers of that review site. I'm seeing this time and time again.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but it seriously like there's other 'forces' at action here.
    Uhmmmm... maybe because nobody knows about it... and even if they did, most wouldn't know where to buy one.

For the life of me... I can't imagine how a company could be as ineffectual as BlackBerry at marketing and selling sure a great product.

What a shameful existence...

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    02-04-14 08:58 AM
    The Z30 is the best phone I've ever had. That includes galaxies, htcs, and notes. The only phone that I still miss is my Palm pre3. That was a great phone!

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and tp2386 like this.
    02-04-14 09:59 AM
    I know I want one!
    02-04-14 10:34 AM
    3 things that this phone does better then most is 1 battery life 2 typing and 3 the hub one thing I missed over my S4 is the hub and typing...if people would just give it a chance they would be amazed

Posted by my Z30
    Don't forget about the sound!

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 11:02 AM
    I agree it is such a great phone. My one grievance is that the volume keys could feel better and the mute key could be removed but other than that I would have to say for the average individual looking for a new operating system experience outside of android and ios this has proved to be the perfect phone. We had blackberry once years ago and it was terrible, just an awful phone but for some reason I took the leap and switched to the z30 after years of enjoying my droid and I love it.
    02-04-14 11:31 AM
    I don't want or need a full Android ecosystem!
    02-04-14 11:32 AM
    I posted somewhere on Crackberry recently about allowing an iPhone using pharmacist at Walmart to use my Z30 and she was amazed that it was actually a BlackBerry. She said she dud know they were making such nice phones now. If we all do our bit the word will eventually get out.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 11:37 AM
    Don't be. And you answered your own question...

BlackBerry's image is tarnished. I would even wonder if brand remane isn't in order. But I won't go there here, rather offtopic.

The brand is tarnished and people get fed all sorts of crap by irresponsible news outlets. People say they are bunkrupt (even though they have around 3 billion sitting around and no debt). People think they are out of business (even though they just came out with a new OS and got a partnership with Foxconn to build entry-lvl devices).

No kidding phones aren't selling. Everybody loves my Z10, but even those that admit to wanting one, can't get past the fear the phone will be unsupported in 6 months.
    Not true, they now have 1.25Billion debt.
    02-04-14 12:16 PM
    People say they are bunkrupt (even though they have around 3 billion sitting around and no debt).
    Unfortunately, some of that cash is indeed debt financed ... 1.25 billion of it. They still have a relatively clean balance sheet, but we can't say that anymore.

Back to the original topic, there's also the fact that, quite simply, carriers don't support it. You can't can't sell a ton of phones if there are hardly any places to buy it. There isn't really much of a push behind it either. It's very much a cult phone amongst BlackBerry fans, but likely the infamous Z10 will outsell it several times over by the time they are both at the end of their life ... simply because one had a lot more carrier and marketing support around the world than the other.
    02-04-14 12:26 PM
103 1234 ...