I am totally and utterly confused.

I've had the Blackberry Z30 since Friday and for the life in me I can't figure out why - even without a dollar spent on advertising - this phone isn't selling like hot cakes.

It is quite simply the perfect phone in every way. It looks great, it is quick, it sounds terrific, and it lets me do stuff that I could only dream of doing on an iPhone or Droid.

I have the very latest iPad mini, which in comparison seems so clunky and unintuitive moving round the apps and having to keep pressing that silly black button at the bottom.

Why do so few people get it? This Z30 absolutely rocks.

I'm looking round the 'net and see review sites who gave it 3.5 stars only to then look at the 4.8 star average rating given by the readers of that review site. I'm seeing this time and time again.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but it seriously like there's other 'forces' at action here.
    02-03-14 01:31 PM
    I own a Z30 and I strongly agree regarding how great a device it is! People don't get it, because most people wont even try it.
    02-03-14 01:35 PM
    Don't be. And you answered your own question...
    I've had the Blackberry Z30 since Friday and for the life in me I can't figure out why - even without a dollar spent on advertising - this phone isn't selling like hot cakes.
    BlackBerry's image is tarnished. I would even wonder if brand remane isn't in order. But I won't go there here, rather offtopic.

The brand is tarnished and people get fed all sorts of crap by irresponsible news outlets. People say they are bunkrupt (even though they have around 3 billion sitting around and no debt). People think they are out of business (even though they just came out with a new OS and got a partnership with Foxconn to build entry-lvl devices).

No kidding phones aren't selling. Everybody loves my Z10, but even those that admit to wanting one, can't get past the fear the phone will be unsupported in 6 months.
    02-03-14 01:39 PM
    I agree, is an awesome phone, imo about as close to perfect as you can get.

Posted via CB10
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    02-03-14 01:49 PM
    Spread the word! People will come, BlackBerry isn't going anywhere.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    02-03-14 02:00 PM
    i have said this story before but let me say it again... my three siblings have iphones, we live in usa... they know i like bb, and always make fun of me, the company is in bankruptcy etc... i have a z30, and they knew i got this new phone and wanted to see it... i showed it to my brother, and his reaction was being quiet, which it's interesting since the normal reaction is making fun... when my brother saw me using the keyboard and the autocorrect, he was seriously interested... when he saw the size of the phone, how smooth it is, how i can type in three diffferent languages at the same time, apps using snap, he had only compliments to say... that night, talking with my wife, i told her that i felt that the phone got my brother by surprise, he was expecting another old bb... next day, my brother called me and asked what kind of phone i have, i said a z30 which is only available with verizon... he told me: when i am up for upgrade, i will give it a try... this coming from a guy that always make fun of bb and he has never owed one... no idea if he will or not but what a change in perception from him just at looking at the device and see me using it for less than a minute...
    02-03-14 02:01 PM
    Don't be. And you answered your own question...

BlackBerry's image is tarnished. I would even wonder if brand remane isn't in order. But I won't go there here, rather offtopic.

The brand is tarnished and people get fed all sorts of crap by irresponsible news outlets. People say they are bunkrupt (even though they have around 3 billion sitting around and no debt). People think they are out of business (even though they just came out with a new OS and got a partnership with Foxconn to build entry-lvl devices).

No kidding phones aren't selling. Everybody loves my Z10, but even those that admit to wanting one, can't get past the fear the phone will be unsupported in 6 months.
    I'm using a z10 and I want one. 1. BlackBerry needs to sell them direct for AT&T and Tmobile and 2. With a discount.

? CB10 ?
    LoganSix likes this.
    02-03-14 02:17 PM
    i have said this story before but let me say it again... my three siblings have iphones, we live in usa... they know i like bb, and always make fun of me, the company is in bankruptcy etc... i have a z30, and they knew i got this new phone and wanted to see it... i showed it to my brother, and his reaction was being quiet, which it's interesting since the normal reaction is making fun... when my brother saw me using the keyboard and the autocorrect, he was seriously interested... when he saw the size of the phone, how smooth it is, how i can type in three diffferent languages at the same time, apps using snap, he had only compliments to say... that night, talking with my wife, i told her that i felt that the phone got my brother by surprise, he was expecting another old bb... next day, my brother called me and asked what kind of phone i have, i said a z30 which is only available with verizon... he told me: when i am up for upgrade, i will give it a try... this coming from a guy that always make fun of bb and he has never owed one... no idea if he will or not but what a change in perception from him just at looking at the device and see me using it for less than a minute...
    Just show the Z10 to a Windows user. He likes the keyboard and how easy it is to type in different languages. Especially, you can draw Chinese characters on the screen and the software will recognize them.

? CB10 ?
    02-03-14 02:21 PM
    My boss has been teasing me since September when I bought my Z30

He has been watching me use mine. He has now ordered one to replace an iPhone 5...

It is an impressive phone give the chance

Posted via CB10
    bb624 likes this.
    02-03-14 02:22 PM
    I'm using a z10 and I want one. 1. BlackBerry needs to sell them direct for AT&T and Tmobile and 2. With a discount.

? CB10 ?
    THIS. NOW. Before it really is too late. And for all the wonderful in store support that Big Red has supplied, they should sell Verizon direct also. Just take the carriers out of the picture. With phone sales in US last quarter at 0.0% of market, exactly how much lower can you go (hint, none lower is the correct answer). Sell direct, now.
    02-03-14 02:23 PM
    Just waiting for the "others " to chime in. I love my Z30. Best phone I've ever had. Those who have never used it would disagree. They give you statistics and specs but have never used the phone. That's what riles me.

Via CB10 Rogers Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925/1926 Radio
    02-03-14 02:38 PM
    I couldn't agree more. I've had my Z30 since last Wednesday and am amazed at how great this phone really is. I'm on Verizon in the US, and while I haven't been ridiculed (yet), I have had a couple of coworkers interested in it.
    02-03-14 02:47 PM
    In on a Z10. Equally baffled. The device is awesome. I have posted elsewhere; what am I missing? This phone does everything well. I can't explain why BB10 devices have not sold by the tens of millions. I also liked betamax, Amiga, HD DVD, and DCC so maybe the problem is me!
    randall2580 and triplefan like this.
    02-03-14 02:56 PM
    Agree with the OP ever since I got my z30. The problem is advertising as we can clearly see that people don't make their own minds up, they need to be told. Many who own an HTC one will tell you that it blows the Samsung line out of the water yet Samsung clearly sells more phones than anyone. This only leads me to believe that the general consumer just follows the pack and whoever has the money to manipulate the pack wins.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 02:56 PM
    Agree with the OP ever since I got my z30. The problem is advertising as we can clearly see that people don't make their own minds up, they need to be told. Many who own an HTC one will tell you that it blows the Samsung line out of the water yet Samsung clearly sells more phones than anyone. This only leads me to believe that the general consumer just follows the pack and whoever has the money to manipulate the pack wins.

Posted via CB10
    I haven't seen exact numbers but when I read about Blackberry marketing, it's in the millions. When I read about Samsung and Apple marketing, it's in the billions.
    02-03-14 03:27 PM
    don't be. And you answered your own question...

Blackberry's image is tarnished. I would even wonder if brand remane isn't in order. But i won't go there here, rather offtopic.

The brand is tarnished and people get fed all sorts of crap by irresponsible news outlets. People say they are bunkrupt (even though they have around 3 billion sitting around and no debt). People think they are out of business (even though they just came out with a new os and got a partnership with foxconn to build entry-lvl devices).

No kidding phones aren't selling. Everybody loves my z10, but even those that admit to wanting one, can't get past the fear the phone will be unsupported in 6 months.
    actually 1+ bill of that *is* debt, i.e. Borrowed...
    02-03-14 03:28 PM
    I have the very latest iPad mini, which in comparison seems so clunky and unintuitive moving round the apps and having to keep pressing that silly black button at the bottom.
    As for your new iPad mini, if you learn to use the gestures, you won't need to use the "silly, clunky" home button to access other apps or the homescreen. There are gestures for that, just like on Blackberry Playbook.

4-Finger Swipe switches instantly between multi-tasked apps.
    4-finger pinch takes you straight to the home screen.

Tons more that sounds like they'll make life with your new iPad much more friendly. Just like the gestures in BB10, you have to learn them and use them.

What Are Multitasking Gestures? - iPad Help
    Doolittle2 likes this.
    02-03-14 03:42 PM
    I haven't seen exact numbers but when I read about Blackberry marketing, it's in the millions. When I read about Samsung and Apple marketing, it's in the billions.
    Exactly my point.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 03:55 PM
    The Z30 is an awesome device that deserves more marketing dollars, and better technical reviews. If you check out customer reviews they tend to be very good, 4.5+ out of 5. I would recommend that you write a review from where you bought it.

Also check out CNET, user ratings are also very high, and it's ranked #4 overall.

http://reviews.cnet.com/cell-phone-r...ort=userRating desc

Sort by user rating after you go to the site.

Z30 on 2.2.1.1925 in Canada
    02-03-14 04:06 PM
    Slow and sure the word gets out. I have had a similar experience with my Z10. My iPhone friends don't talk about phones anymore and most are quite happy leaving it in their pocket when we meet. I suspect they don't like knowing that the shoe is on the other foot. Thus is the world of technology.
    02-03-14 04:09 PM
    Also check out this...

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=896922

Z30 on 2.2.1.1925 in Canada
    02-03-14 04:13 PM
    My friends and family members that have seen my BB Z30 and had a demo of it, want to get one.......
    Most of them are iPhone users.....
    When people use BBOS they are amazed how unrestricted, fast and fluid the Z30 and BB10 is......
    02-03-14 04:20 PM
    3 things that this phone does better then most is 1 battery life 2 typing and 3 the hub one thing I missed over my S4 is the hub and typing...if people would just give it a chance they would be amazed

Posted by my Z30
    02-03-14 05:08 PM
    Exactly my point.

Posted via CB10
    Tell me, does Samsung sell only phones and enterprise MDM solutions?

And that's why the budget is so different.
    aniym likes this.
    02-03-14 05:34 PM

Yeah, tell that to imorons who have hard time figuring out how to use BB10.
    02-03-14 06:30 PM
103 123 ...