I'm good with my z30 until the end of 2015, but if they don't drop a newer all-touch by then i'm not sure what i will do. I would love to go back to a physical keyboard but the Passport is too-wide and the classic would be nice with upgraded specs and a removal of the toolbelt to make room for a bigger screen. But i guess we'll have to wait and see.
    I can't imagine leaving blackberry for a droid or iphone or even worse a windows phone.

1st world problems i guess.

What will you do z30 owner?
    Shane8750 and TrueKulcha like this.
    12-24-14 08:30 AM
    There will be several new devices in 2015. You'll just have to wait and see what they are and decide which one is best for you.

Posted via CB10
    bilamatus and Blacklatino like this.
    12-24-14 08:38 AM
    As long as it comes out by July 2016 I'll be happy. I would prefer if they take their time to make it better. I am happy with Z30 right now

12-24-14 08:45 AM
    Yep, I'm in the same situation.
    Played with the Classic but it doesn't interest me. The Passport looks cool but I still think I want a rectangular screen for maximum app compatibility and viewing video ( even though I primarily use my BlackBerry as a communication tool, I still get bored when I travel and like to have to flexibility).
    I'm hoping the Visa / Victoria meets my needs with a full touch screen and hideaway keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 08:49 AM
    Same as what the Z10 and Q10 owners are about to do.....
    Clanked likes this.
    12-24-14 08:51 AM
    Z30 is awesome. Z50 would be even more awesome.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    12-24-14 08:51 AM
    I would definitely "upgrade" to Apple...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Isa Gumus; 12-24-14 at 09:30 AM.
    12-24-14 09:00 AM
    Still loving my Z30. If no all-touch in 2015.. hope my Z30 is still going strong. Come to think of it.. if this Z30 crapped out i would buy another one.
    12-24-14 09:03 AM
    As long as it comes out by July 2016 I'll be happy. I would prefer if they take their time to make it better. I am happy with Z30 right now

I agree with the taking there time aspect but even that does have an expiration threshold. I'd say they should shot to have an all touch Z30 successor by summer 2015 and no later. It's really simple, take a Z30 and keep everything that's great about the phone and just upgrade following......

- 1080p super amoled display. Want to maintain battery efficiency.
    - 3 or 4 GB of RAM.
    - most appropriate chip set. It doesn't have to be the best in the market but it has to be work fluidly with BB10.
    - increased GPU again
    - better camera lens. I'm good with an 8MP shooter but the lens needs to be top notch.
    - side placement of power key. This is more of preference then a must have.
    - need a 32 or 64 GB on board storage or allow for parts or all of an app to be stored on an SD card.

The rest I leave up to BlackBerry as I love my Z30 now as is and I could careless if the design of the phone didn't even change, as long as the components are upgraded.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    12-24-14 09:06 AM
    Then I waiting longer.
    I have waited for a new all touch, since I have my loved Storm. Yes I loved my Storm.
    I don't need every year a new phone, when my actual phone is working well for me.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 (10.3.1.1154)
    mk2234, ponpiri, Sulaco757 and 1 others like this.
    12-24-14 09:11 AM
    I will definitely "upgrade" to Apple...Posted via CB10
    What are you waiting for? You should "upgrade" now. No need to be unhappy with BB.
    Leo pard likes this.
    12-24-14 09:11 AM
    Still loving my Z30. If no all-touch in 2015.. hope my Z30 is still going strong. Come to think of it.. if this Z30 crapped out i would buy another one.
    Yeah as long as the phone is doing what you need it to do, why do people feel the need to constantly get new phones?

I considered the near future of all-touch devices from BB and based on Chen's comments it seemed a little sketchy, so I jumped on the Black Friday sale at ShopBB and picked up 2 spare Z30's, in case anything happens to either of the 2 we're already using. Z30's are great and I don't see why they wouldn't continue to be great throughout 2015 and even beyond.

Richard
    12-24-14 09:16 AM
    I've had my Z30 for a year now and frankly the screen is a big disappointment. I will not put up with it for another year and if in the next few months BBRY has shown no inclination to produce a high end phone then I may finally move on after being a customer since my Curve 8900. I wish all the effort put into those ugly Porsche Design phones would have been better utilized.
    12-24-14 09:38 AM
    As far as I heard, there is no higher version of z30 coming out next year..only an upgrade for z3

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 09:46 AM
    Gee, why not just keep it if it works.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 09:47 AM
    I'll stick with my STA...

ODIN 9520 / 5.0.0.1743 Hybrid / 1850mAh
    12-24-14 09:57 AM
    What are you waiting for? You should "upgrade" now. No need to be unhappy with BB.
    "I would still hold with my Z30 up ! Cuz it just gets the work done." was that just the answer you wanted to hear ? Why do tech. develop ? It's unnecessary to develop the tech. because today the tech. already can do what it must do ? BlackBerry must leave out its poor decisions. Are you really O.K with its software update strategy ?

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 10:00 AM
    Yeah as long as the phone is doing what you need it to do, why do people feel the need to constantly get new phones?
    It's not "constantly", but every year or two it's nice to get something newer and better. This is a fast evolving industry. Just compare what we are doing with our phones today compared to 5 or 6 years ago. It's night and day for me. 80% of my work is handled on this device (Z30). Even moving from a Z10 to a Z30 helped a lot with my work. I know BlackBerry can build on the greatness of this Z30 and give me something even more productive - and I'm wishing they would. What's great today becomes "run of the mill" in a couple of years (or less). Are you still using a phone from 4 years ago? If not, why not?

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 10:10 AM
    I'm ok. I bought off contact for $250 on Black Friday. Very happy with it.

I want a better screen and processor. Has to be an upgrade or I will stick with Z30.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 10:10 AM
    As far as I heard, there is no higher version of z30 coming out next year..only an upgrade for z3

Posted via CB10
    Ya.. I think the Z20 may be all we get.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 10:11 AM
    My Z10 and now my Z30 were just intended to tide me over until Ubuntu Phone came out in US. But that is now going to have to be a pretty compelling phone to get me away from BB10. Might try Passport but the physical keyboard worries me.
    12-24-14 10:15 AM
    I would keep my z30, I waited a long time for it. Called around, even harassed my service provider to get the handset. Most of them at the did not even a z30 existed. A year later my device is still running very nicely and out perform most of the other handsets for my friends. This imo is the best handset made thus far by BlackBerry. I would give the passport a try, but I do think the physical size will not work for me.
    I hope the powers that be at BlackBerry develop an upgrade for this beast we call a phone. Would love to see an upgrade on the screen, my only niggle is using my phone in direct sunlight.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 10:16 AM
    "I would still hold with my Z30 up ! Cuz it just gets the work done." was that just the answer you wanted to hear ? Why do tech. develop ? It's unnecessary to develop the tech. because today the tech. already can do what it must do ? BlackBerry must leave out its poor decisions. Are you really O.K with its software update strategy ? Posted via CB10
    Besides not having video chat cross platform for BBM.. im totally happy with my Z30. I never play games or watch movies on my phone so maybe i miss the reasons why people may not be happy. For what i need a phone for.. my Z30 does a great job of it. When i get home from work i dont spend that much time on my phone. But if i wasn't happy with BB.. or BB couldn't give me what i want, I would move on. Use what ever brand makes you happy.. for me.. its BB. For now..
    12-24-14 10:17 AM
    I will hold on to my Z30 until they come up with all tough. I don't like other platforms especially, UI. BlackBerry HUB(peek, flow), Video Sharing Screen these are the features I love it. I used to be an Audio Visual support for many years in the nineties and early 2000 and its trouble me a lot of company don't use this Video Screen Sharing technology to compensate video conferencing. They can use Video Screen Sharing to do their power point presentation anywhere any places. Who needs expensive video conference with Video Screen Sharing technology from BlackBerry?
    Last edited by playpen007; 12-24-14 at 11:11 AM.
    12-24-14 10:28 AM
    Besides not having video chat cross platform for BBM.. im totally happy with my Z30. I never play games or watch movies on my phone so maybe i miss the reasons why people may not be happy. For what i need a phone for.. my Z30 does a great job of it. When i get home from work i dont spend that much time on my phone. But if i wasn't happy with BB.. or BB couldn't give me what i want, I would move on. Use what ever brand makes you happy.. for me.. its BB. For now..
    Even if you did Netflix works fine from the Amazon store and there are more than enough games.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 10:36 AM
280 123 ...